Rangi runs a firebending gauntlet (ATLA/LOK/Kyoshi)

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BigDreamer48

I've been curious as to where people rank Rangi from the Kyoshi novels. I'm going to start by comparing her to the firebenders.

No Caption Provided

CONDITIONS:

• Battle takes place at dusk.
  • Current versions of all characters (EoS/Comics) unless stated otherwise.
  • Everyone is in character, but will not hold back.
  • Standard Gear/armors for all characters.
  • Rangi is fully healed between each round.
  • All combatants start on opposite sides of the arena, like Zuko and Azula do in their Agni Kai.
  • If you think that the gauntlet is out of order, please list who Rangi would beat and who she would lose to.

GAUNTLET: (order is based off the comicvine led ranking, courtesy of @aystarr)

1. Admiral Zhao
  2. Aang (fire only)
  3. Iroh II
  4. Mako
  5. Korra (fire only)
  6. Jeong-Jeong
  7. Zuko
  8. Iroh
  9. Ozai
  10. Azula

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By viking1205  Online

Rangi would likely stop at Jeong Jeong or Zuko.

• Zhao, Aang and General Iroh - II aren't threatening the Avatar's bodyguard and are getting dropped right after the fight begins, unless Iroh extensively uses his lightning.
  • I can see Mako and Korra putting up good fights against Rangi, but I don't see either of them taking a majority against Rangi.
  • If JJ isn't really holding back, he would probably end up more powerful than her. Zuko has better showings of power(without additional charging), skill and combative efficiency, plus he could use fire jets as well, cutting off her advantage with jet stepping. I could see Rangi putting up a very good fight against these two, but she's eventually losing the battle.
  • Iroh should be more powerful than her by his status which should possibly carry him against her. Ozai is canonically the most powerful firebender, so he would likely win the Agni Kai as well. Azula just has better all round showings than Rangi.
Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to review Rangi's feats, but her raw power against Yun and Jet stepping were pretty impressive.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great picture, it's nice to see Rangi getting some spotlight!

On top of being a skilled firebender, Ragni is an excellent fighter, managing to beat the champion, Gaun, of lei tai without her bending. I think Mako is where her first challenge begins, if he were to make use of his lighting, but he rarely uses it and I don't see him handling her ferocious style well. He would be overwhelmed. Korra is tough and will put up a great fight, but I see Rangi edging her out. Jeong Jeong has hype going for him, as well as his unique skills under the comet, this is a possible stop. But I would definitely say Zuko is a sure one. Zuko has the feats, defense, power and skill to combat her with a winning majority.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No clue who Rangi is tbh. I just see a less aggressive Azula.

Nice touch using Aystarr's rankings.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: lol true she does look quite similar to Azula, at least in this picture. She's a very good fighter, is well disciplined, and has some impressive raw power and skill feats. There are a couple of decent RT's for her on Reddit if you're okay with Kyoshi spoilers.

Also, I'm not very good at doing gauntlets, so I just used the CV community ranking that Aystarr hosted, and switched Iroh II and Aang.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 7 or 8

I believe her unique bending could potentially pull some wins from Zuko

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aystarr

@tektonic said:

Need to review Rangi's feats, but her raw power against Yun and Jet stepping were pretty impressive.

Can you post some scans if you have them pls ?

@bigdreamer48:is it me or have they been a lot of rangi battles lately ( on reddit)?, Perhaps that was your inspiration?

OT: I see her stopping at zuko for now, she only passes jj because of more feats, my mind could be changed tho.

But I don't think she passes any of the TLA lightning users.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: If you want some feats, Rangi does have some RT's on Reddit, and they're...fine. But if you want to wait for Tek to post I understand.

As for why I made the gauntlet: partially because of the reddit battles, and I also just wanted to make some Rangi battles because I'm not sure where she ranks (for me personally at least).

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tektonic

@aystarr said:
@tektonic said:

Can you post some scans if you have them pls ?

@bigdreamer48:

Okay just the examples I noted.

Rangi's Feats in the Final Battle against the False Avatar in Shadow of Kyoshi:

Raw Power(charging required)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jet Stepping(able to stay midair for reasonable amount of time while launching attacks)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thebluedragon20

Mako is really were she starts to have trouble and he could stops her, but she likely makes it past him. I say she stops at korra. Korra is extremely skilled with fire and has more raw power. On top of that, she is a good h2h combant.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Rangi's fire blast -- which was more of a destructive, sustained beam burning nearly white -- in the final confrontation with Yun was one of the most impressive power showings of firebending I've seen in the franchise. It was even stated that a bender as capable as Yun couldn't stop such an attack. Rangi also trained Kyoshi, and has showcased quite a few feats of general skill and precision, such as jet propulsion, redirecting one of Kyoshi's own flame spheres, and heat bending.

I would rank Jeong Jeong, Iroh, Azula, and Ozai higher than her, but that's it. She'd have a clean exchange with Zuko, but I see her winning against him. She doesn't have as many showings, but the ones she has paint a threat level a small step above his, in my opinion.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tektonic

@thebluedragon20 said:

Mako is really were she starts to have trouble and he could stops her, but she likely makes it past him. I say she stops at korra. Korra is extremely skilled with fire and has more raw power. On top of that, she is a good h2h combant.

I mostly agree with this.

Rangi clears 1-3 without much issue.

Round 4: To my knowledge Rangi has no feats of reacting to lightning, Kyoshi herself was blitzed by Xu Ping An's usage, it was incredibly rare at the time. So she doesn't have a way around that if Mako uses it.

Round 5: Rangi is very consistent but she hasn't done anything in combat that Korra hasn't already done and her best power move required charging and was noted as not something normally useful in combat because of the opening it left. Whereas Korra needs next to no wind up to to unleash incredibly powerful fire blasts that outdo Rangi's best. Avatar Korra takes her.

Everyone else above should beat her based on hype or feats.

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: not on Jeong Jeong Iroh Ozai azula level impressive

Jet stepping overrated

Azula and Zuko can fly in the comics

I rather fly in the air then jet step

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts