Rake (Extraction) vs John Wick

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Round 1: Random encounter, hand to hand, no prior knowledge. No armoured suit for Wick. Starting distance is 6 feet. Location: random alleyway. Win by kill or KO

Round 2: Random encounter, knife fight, no prior knowledge. No armoured suit for Wick. Starting distance is 6 feet. Location: random alleyway. Win by kill or KO.

Round 3: Random encounter, each get a 9mm handgun with 2 clips. No prior knowledge, no armoured suit for Wick. Starting distance 20 feet. Location: random alleyway. Win by kill.

Round 4: Both are trying to kill one another. 5 days prep, full knowledge. Rake has access to weaponry and gear from the Continental and all associated services. Win by kill.

Bonus round: who can clear a room full of 8 guys unarmed faster?

VS

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Lol the movie literally just came out

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rake wrecks anything in the melee range by virtue of massively better physicals, loses anything from range by virtue of Wick having way more feats. Not really a bad thing though because basically everything he did in extraction was just John Wick but bulked af.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: I heard that Rake is a badass taking on numerous of men and almost beating someone in the knife fight. But can he handle the ninjas that Wick fought in Chapter 3?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

Did Rake really have 'massively better physicals"? I don't remember anything to suggest that, though I did have to get up to take a call in the middle of the movie and definitely missed some of it because my asshole friends refused to rewind anything.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buildhare

@wolverinebatmanftw:

Definitely, his hits in basically any fight were way above what John has done;

No Caption Provided

He was breaking necks very easily and killed people by suplexing them. Really take any H2H from Wick and every fight Rake has been in looks more impressive. John might have better durability for specifically falling off roofs but that's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hand to Hand:

This is pretty close, Rake has a pretty big physicals advantage. In his first fight scene he could snap zipcuffs after chewing into them, broke both of a mans leg with a sweep and front kicked a guy hard enough damage hard brick. Later in the movie he threw a guy hard enough to turn another soldier's neck 270 degrees. Comparatively Wick demonstrated good physicals especially in John Wick iii where he could leave glaring damage in bulletproof glass but general portrayal definitely depicts Rake as superior in this category. Where Wick has an advantage is pure skill, in John Wick iii especially his hand to hand got a huge boost - he fights actual professional killers with a $14 million dollar reason to go after him often with weapons and looks much more skilled doing it in comparison to Rake:

His first fight in the movie he kills Ernest, a 7' 4'' hitman with a fracking book, destroys his jaw and then his neck after that:

afterwards he goes on to engage in a simultaneous 2v1 against professionals with weapons, Wick unarmed - goes untouched for quite a while and demonstrates a lot of skill in the process. Afterwards in the movie he's presented with a similar situation - 3 mercenaries from Casablanca with knives, wins the fight going untouched.

Established opponents is no different, after going through the massive gauntlet that was John Wick II he dominates Ares who surprises him and enters the fight with a knife, John had nothing and ended the fight by using her own weapon to end her.

should go without saying, Rake never fought anyone who can compare to shinnobi assassins in the movie. Wick defeated around 6 on a motorcycle, another two with swords, another two with karambit knives after that and finally their boss Zero in the span of maybe 40 minutes.

Rake can certainly delay the fight but I don't think he'd be any more of a match for John then Zero was.

Guns:

Loading Video...

This is a fight where Wick certainly has a glaring advantage and it should go without saying - Wick kills more opponents, better opponents in a shorter time frame. Again his best showing is probably in the Continental, according to the Ajudicator those were some of the "Continental's Finest" and were fully clad in high grade bulletproof armor, so good where they can casually reload their guns while being shot at. Wick beating as many opponents as he did in that scene is far superior to Rake beating the Indian police officers and soldiers and for him its a lot more casual. Sufficed to say this is a pretty decisive win for him.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while rake does have better physicals, john has more durability and arguably more skill and it is not always the man with the strength superiority wins but i can see a case for either of them although i will give wick the slight majority because he can use the environment effectively

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tyler's got the win in any melee encounter, he was a lot more skilled and faster in combat, also has quite a large physical advantage over Wick.

The Shootout round is closer, though Wick's got this one, his draw speed is better, his accuracy is a lot better and he's also got much more protection with his Bulletproof Suit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

I mentioned in the OP that for rounds 1-3, there's no armoured suit for Wick, and in round 4, both Rake and Wick have access to gear from the Continental and all the related Wick-verse services, meaning both will get an armoured suit. Does that changes your view of the outcome?

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@wolverinebatmanftw: Yeah, same outcome. Wick not having the Suit in the first two rounds is only going to make him lose harder than he would anyways. In R3, Wick's still got the necessary advantages to take it (Accuracy / Draw Speed).

Round 4 is an interesting one, I think Rake was much more effective at using Tacticals and Lethals like Tear Gas and Grenades during combat, while Wick is still the better Marksman, and also has better Awareness and Stealth, not too sure about this one, could go either way.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wot_m8

Cqc- Rake should win. His physical ability is just too much and he is very decently skilled as well.

Gun fight- Wick. Faster and way more feats.

BobsBurger5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Random encounter, hand to hand, no prior knowledge. No armoured suit for Wick. Starting distance is 6 feet. Location: random alleyway. Win by kill or KO

Wick's durability should handle Rake's punishment given that his films occur in a span of 4 weeks and he's gotten hit by 6 cars in total and kept fighting, also falling off a building and surviving bludgeoning damage somehow.

In terms of hand to hand, Wick's skills should overcome Rake's physicals. Rake is faster in combat speed and more powerful in his blows and Rake's got good Wrestling skills, but eventually Wick's mastery of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu should allow him to choke him out in the end via triangle or RNC.

Round 2: Random encounter, knife fight, no prior knowledge. No armoured suit for Wick. Starting distance is 6 feet. Location: random alleyway. Win by kill or KO.

Wick has better feats when it comes to this area. He's been dodging and parrying axes, swords, knives etc. Plus he fought Zero and those two Raid guys who are supreme assassins themselves.

Round 3: Random encounter, each get a 9mm handgun with 2 clips. No prior knowledge, no armoured suit for Wick. Starting distance 20 feet. Location: random alleyway. Win by kill.

Wick's faster in the quickdraw as shown with the first encounter with Cassian. Dude's a modern cowboy gunslinger.

Round 4: Both are trying to kill one another. 5 days prep, full knowledge. Rake has access to weaponry and gear from the Continental and all associated services. Win by kill.

Could go to Rake, could go to Wick, unsure.

Bonus round: who can clear a room full of 8 guys unarmed faster?

Probably Rake from sheer physicality alone and combat hand speed. Wick would be slower, but he'll manage to take out such a number alone.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched Extraction last night. Good movie if you like that kind of genre.

Round 1 - I'll go with Rake on this one 9/10. As others have said and I agree that Rake outclasses Wick in physicals. John may have slightly better H2H skills but not enough to close the gap between their physical stats. Rake was kicking full grown men across entire rooms and ragdolling them. He only technically lost in the H2H fight to Saju because he got hit by a car and then he lost to Gaspar because he was not in top shape at all.

Round 2 - Hmm, honestly this is even closer than round 1 but I have to say Wick should take the majority here. He consistently fights skilled opponents who wield bladed weapons and beats them. Several at a time even. Wick 8/10.

Round 3 - This is also very close. They have similar shooting techniques honestly. They're not shy about using a lot of bullets to take down an enemy. They both use multiple shots (even head-shots) to their favor. Unfortunately for Rake, he only has 1 movie's worth of feats and Wick has 3 so it's easier to see Wick's consistency throughout his cinematic run. Wick 7/10.

Round 4 - Giving this one to Wick 9/10. He's a monster with prep and is very experienced with this kind of situation where tons of assassins are trying to kill him. It's nothing he hasn't seen before, even with the inclusion of Rake. Rake is also used to playing with a team and having backup. Wick is typically soloing entire teams of assassins with no support.

Good battle though.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick in hand to hand combat as well as melee weapons. Guns as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rake wins cause I liked his movie more

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wick all four rounds

Steepardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick until I get the time to see that movie lol.

nibba314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Rake almost lose to a bunch of thugs with machetes while he had an AK-74u? Is the calibre of his opponents compared to Wick's higher or lower? Does he have better durability feats? H2H? And you can't mention that time he was shot in the neck and survived, because:

1. The ending was a cliffhanger and

2. A man had a pole shoved through his head and survived, but he couldn't beat John Wick in a fight, could he?

And not once has Rake shown any type of grappling combat that is on par with Wick.

John has an average 8/10 on every single round. I'm free for debate but these are pretty valid arguments.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rake wrecks anything in the melee range by virtue of massively better physicals, loses anything from range by virtue of Wick having way more feats. Not really a bad thing though because basically everything he did in extraction was just John Wick but bulked af.

Rake stills wrecks in melee, though I think you can make an argument for him winning in a gunfight too. Wick definitely has more feats I'm just not sure they're actually better anymore.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare said:

Rake stills wrecks in melee, though I think you can make an argument for him winning in a gunfight too. Wick definitely has more feats I'm just not sure they're actually better anymore.

Just finished Extraction 2. I'm also going with Rake here in a H2H fight; he's bigger, stronger, faster, younger and has pretty much every advantage over Wick with the exception of durability. If this was prime Wick then this might be a different story.

Wick wins the gun battle.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True outcome is that they fight and end up in a bar sharing a bottle of whiskey before wick tells rake to not loose his woman. Then he takes it on his tap and they go their separate ways.

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: What are Rakes best new feats?

Because I don't recall him being stronger than John, or even as skilled

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rake wins and maybe even stomps in a H2H, shootout is a tossup but I’m slightly leaning towards Wick.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep seeing Rake getting wanked but I don't ever see anyone posting any feats.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw:

Definitely, his hits in basically any fight were way above what John has done;

No Caption Provided

He was breaking necks very easily and killed people by suplexing them. Really take any H2H from Wick and every fight Rake has been in looks more impressive. John might have better durability for specifically falling off roofs but that's about it.

Wick has kicked people through bulletproof glasses, which is better than that...

He has been kicked through those glasses too and run over by cars on multiple occasions, without any lasting damage.

His damage soak capability is outstanding; to the point that he can be shot, stabbed, extremely tired, and with a losing finger and still defeat a horde of the High Table's finest assains armed to the teeth and with "juggernaut" suits.

Avatar image for sonofsparda1366
SonOfSparda1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: What are Rakes best new feats?

Because I don't recall him being stronger than John, or even as skilled

In a new movie he was hanging from the side of a skyscraper with one hand while holding a woman with the other for at least 2 minutes. The bad guy put a bullet in his wrist, which didn't compromise his grip at all, and he still had the strength to toss the woman he was holding 3 meters away through the glass with one hand, and then pull himself up and continue fighting. Plus, in both movies he seemed to be much more effective at putting enemies down in h2h than Wick, he was knocking people out with one or two punches during the prison fight. Wick's punches seem like love-taps compared to Rake's.

As for skill, Rake is about as much effective at taking out large groups of enemies by himself both in CQC and with ranged weapons as John. It's worth noting that in most intances he doesn't just need to take care of himself like Wick, but also needs to protect someone (drug lord's kid in the first movie, georgian family in the second), which makes his task significantly harder.

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofsparda1366:

In a new movie he was hanging from the side of a skyscraper with one hand while holding a woman with the other for at least 2 minutes. The bad guy put a bullet in his wrist, which didn't compromise his grip at all, and he still had the strength to toss the woman he was holding 3 meters away through the glass with one hand, and then pull himself up and continue fighting.

I don't see how that beats John kicking people through Bullet proof glass.

Loading Video...

John can Break necks with strikes

Loading Video...

Again with a Book

Loading Video...

Plus, in both movies he seemed to be much more effective at putting enemies down in h2h than Wick, he was knocking people out with one or two punches during the prison fight. Wick's punches seem like love-taps compared to Rake's.

That's because John faces assassins sent to kill him, as opposed to Mercenaries and gang members, as shown Wick is strong enough in his striking that he would kill normal people. Plus he his far more varied in his attacks which immediately puts him at a cqc advantage.

As for skill, Rake is about as much effective at taking out large groups of enemies by himself both in CQC and with ranged weapons as John.

This I strongly disagree with, Rake doesn't have a feat like this

Loading Video...

Head shots 7 people with only 7 bullets

In the first movie he has over 34 head shots, do you know how difficult that is to do? That means you are a cream of the top shooter.

Can fight 7 people while on a bike

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Can get hit multiple times by a car and still get up

Can survive crazy drops

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

he doesn't just need to take care of himself like Wick, but also needs to protect someone (drug lord's kid in the first movie, georgian family in the second), which makes his task significantly harder.

In 3, Wick has to survive in New York while every Assassin in the city is looking for him, same thing happens in 4 too. And we already know how many assassins are in the city

Loading Video...

And he has zero help from anyone allowed

And John has other insane stealth feats

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Also in 3 and 4 John then has to fight multiple opponents wearing full Bullet proof armor.

Loading Video...

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mr-yes

@infinitemass: You know, this might make for a more interesting CAV then Rocky vs Wick. I can get started soon in that case as well.

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: I'm down if you are, let me know!

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: I'm down if you are, let me know!

I can set up the thread now in that case, I’m about to start working on a Rake post.

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Wick tbh

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rake is better in h2h…Wick’s feats are against opponents either faster and weaker or slower and stronger (closest is the fat german who was actually beating Wick…put Rake in that situation and he goes for a lethal strike not a ragdoll attempt). Rake is just as fast, even more brutal, and and far stronger. Wick gets neck broke. In gunfight Wick has far better feats in accuracy and battle acumen. Rake won’t go down easy but he will go down. The only caveat I have here is if Rake has the grenade launcher he stormed the hangar with…that should give him enough of an edge to overcome Wick’s accuracy and gear durability advantage.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers