Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Thanos has Power, Soul, and Reality Stones.

Win by any means

Fight takes place in the ruined battleground where Radahn’s boss battle is

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Radahn is star to multi star level accounting the statements. Power stone would be useless in this battle, dunno about reality stone. Radahn has no reality warping resistance feat as far as I know, so he dies?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tparks

@hydratedfubuki6: He held back thousands of stars from falling, which wasn’t a statement, we actually get to see it, but I’m not sure how that should be scaled to his power in a battle. It’s kind of why I made this, because I’m curious what others think.

I don’t think Radahn needs reality warping resistance, since Thanos fought dozens of characters who don’t have any reality warping resistance, and it almost never mattered. He does actually have inherent magical resistance though, just like every character in Elden Ring does to varying degrees.

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General Chadhan stomps.

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@hydratedfubuki6: He held back thousands of stars from falling, which wasn’t a statement, we actually get to see it, but I’m not sure how that should be scaled to his power in a battle. It’s kind of why I made this, because I’m curious what others think.

I don’t think Radahn needs reality warping resistance, since Thanos fought dozens of characters who don’t have any reality warping resistance, and it almost never mattered. He does actually have inherent magical resistance though, just like every character in Elden Ring does to varying degrees.

He uses gravity magic to hold them back. So, it should apply to all of his spells. Since all he uses is gravity magic? That's pretty much everything he does. He even amplifies his great bow with gravity magic, and does the same thing with his swords. Another thing to note is that he was able to resist the scarlet rot enough that all it could do was erode his brain. He is still an able fighter despite it.

Which is impressive as the scarlet rot is actually the influence of an Outer God akin to the Greater Will or the Frenzied Flame or the Formless Mother. Outer Gods in the context of Elden Ring are ludicrously powerful beings that exist outside space-time, and the effect of the scarlet rot was such that it could even corrupt Malenia's great rune. It, however, could not do the same to Radahn's great rune.

It's so powerful that even with the power of Miquella's unalloyed gold? His needle still needs to be somewhere outside of space-time to work against the scarlet rot or Frenzied Flame, and halt its corruption. Specifically in Farum Azula. At the seat of the Dragon Lord.

Radahn endured it through sheer sprezzatura, and all it could do was make him an idiot.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By J_Normal

Radahn solos the verse

Edit: honestly given some context those “stars” might have been meteors.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tparks

@northstrider: Is there any reason to assume his gravity magic is capable of replicating the power he uses to hold back thousands of falling stars? Shouldn’t using his magic to do that, prevent him from using his full power, since he is constantly exerting his power over the falling stars?

It’s like if you were able to bench press 300 pounds. That wouldn’t mean you’d be able to bench press 300 pounds, while simultaneously holding another 300 pounds over your head.

The power he’s using to hold back stars I don’t think should scale to his power in battle. I think it’s evident that his powers were getting weaker too, as he was no longer capable of using his gravity magic while riding his mount, and he crushed it.

I also think people might get the wrong impression hearing the word “star”, as they aren’t actually stars, but meteors. The one that crashes is like the size of a city block.

BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Radahn's gravity magic IS the magic tool he uses too keep the stars from falling.

Radahn is a demigod who is continually using magic in 2-3 ways.

1. To keep the stars in place.

2. To keep himself light weight so his scrawny horse can carry him

3. To help his horse being capable of carrying Radahn ( this one I am foggy on and I may be incorrect. I can't remember properly).

It's the very magic Radahn uses to fight. Whilst Radahn looks like a Barbarian he is actually stated in lore to be a very skilled mage.

When did Radahn crush his horse? At most what he does in battle is push his horse underground to protect it from his own attacks.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what's presented in the actual fight (I.e, losing to Tarnished and co.) base Thanos beats Radahn handily. If we include using gravity manip on a meteor storm the general is wildly more powerful than what was shown, but still complete fodder to anyone using infinity stones, let alone three of them.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radhan. He's not Star level though

jinndrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jinndrift

Those 'stars' are probably shooting stars. We see him bring one down upon his death and it's the size of a small mountain at best.

Radahn wins.

Tens12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

radhan

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brownzeus: https://youtu.be/m-HZNZEYaiM

1:15

He crushes his horse in the opening cut scene for his boss fight

BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: We can clearly see Radahn riding his horse in the boss fight itself, so it's obvious that Radahn can still use gravity magic effortlessly.

What's more debilitating is not Radahn's constant use of magic but his degrading be psyche. The Scarlet Rot ate away at Radahn's brain and so we see Radahn as a shell of his former self. Loss of his martial skill can be argued somewhat given his condition but his raw strength and magic power should have remained the same by his status as basically an eternal being.

What we see falling is a meteor but if I am not mistaken pre-Radahn boss fight we can see the stars always standing still whereas post his fight the sky moves. Hence just because we see a meteor fall doesn't mean the sky is literally falling meteors but that the sky itself was at a standstill Radahn's magic (not sure if I remember this right I might be misremembering, I am not home so I can't double check this point.).

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brownzeus: Pretty much this. The stars are actual stars unless said in the lore itself. All the lores and characters imply that they are stars. Uf they were meteors then they would have said so.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 reaperace  Moderator

Radahan is easily multi solar system to galaxy level by feats, and near universal by intend, he stomps.

BurntIvoryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brownzeus: Pretty much this. The stars are actual stars unless said in the lore itself. All the lores and characters imply that they are stars. Uf they were meteors then they would have said so.

Iron Fist Alexander literally refers to the one that hits Limgrave as a shooting star, and it's the main and largest one we see fall after we kill Radahn lmao.

Those 'stars' are probably shooting stars. We see him bring one down upon his death and it's the size of a small mountain at best.

Someone had to say it.

Just because objects in a fantasy universe are given the same name as planetary bodies and constellations in real life does not mean they are to the same scale unless explicitly proven. Obviously there will be people who refuse to accept this and continue wanking even after reading these posts but it's good popcorn entertainment.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brownzeus: He clearly has immense raw power. It’s the only boss fight where we can summon a whole party of warriors to fight along with us, and he justifies the need for it.

But to call his abilities in battle multi-Star level, I’m not so sure. Unless there is some lore I missed that indicates he can use that amount of power in a battle, and it’s not expended by him by simply holding them off, I don’t think I could be convinced.

Also, even if the “stars” were in the sky before falling, that doesn’t mean they are the same stars we have IRL. It’s not uncommon for stars in fantasy settings to be falling stars. Specially when this game takes so much inspiration from Lovecraftian mythos, where stars can be both the same we have IRL, and formations of bright rocks, that people and aliens can go visit and live on.

BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burntivoryking:

Just because objects in a fantasy universe are given the same name as planetary bodies and constellations in real life does not mean they are to the same scale unless explicitly proven. Obviously there will be people who refuse to accept this and continue wanking even after reading these posts but it's good popcorn entertainment.

Am I missing something? does elden ring follow the flat earth model or what? Radahn is literally using his magic on the stars of the sky no? It's not like we have Radahn keeping the Nokron/Nokstella ceilings from falling into the underground cities where the "sky" is a ceiling/dome of shiny rocks. Radahn is literally doing so in the open sky.

Iron Fist Alexander literally refers to the one that hits Limgrave as a shooting star, and it's the main and largest one we see fall after we kill Radahn lmao.

Weak argument. Shooting star ≠ Star

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Similar names but very different things.

BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

But to call his abilities in battle multi-Star level, I’m not so sure. Unless there is some lore I missed that indicates he can use that amount of power in a battle, and it’s not expended by him by simply holding them off, I don’t think I could be convinced.

I am not calling Radahn Multi-Star Level. That being say people are clearly trying to lowball (admittedly highball too) Radahn's feat.

Also, even if the “stars” were in the sky before falling, that doesn’t mean they are the same stars we have IRL. It’s not uncommon for stars in fantasy settings to be falling stars. Specially when this game takes so much inspiration from Lovecraftian mythos, where stars can be both the same we have IRL, and formations of bright rocks, that people and aliens can go visit and live on.

This makes sense. However I would be have to be coerced into taking the stance that the stars are "smaller" than in IRL as we have no indication from such other than saying "oh the meteor that opened the path to Nokron was called a "shooting star" so because it has star in the name it then equals the very stars of the sky, even though "Stars" and "shooting stars" are, by definition different things."

Radahn's feat is clear. How this feat translates in to battle would be a different topic.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tparks

@brownzeus: How would anyone in Elden Ring actually know the difference between a shooting star and a star we have IRL? Anything bright in the sky would be called a star. Even IRL, people actually believed shooting stars were actually stars for a very long time.

We do have evidence of the size of them, and their composition, since one actually falls and uncovers Nokron. Don’t you think it would be very strange, when we see thousands of identical beams of light streaming across the sky, and only one of them was a meteor, and the rest were all actual stars?

We also get to see several areas where meteors have crashed into the ground, leaving craters that are being mined. In two of these locations, we fight bosses called Fallingstar beasts. We can also find items called “Starlight shards” inside of the craters, further indicating the people in Elden Ring believe shooting stars to simply be stars, or possibly that the stars in the sky are actually all made of the same stuff as shooting stars, and are not the same as what we have IRL.

It would seem like everything we are being shown by the game, indicates that what Radahn was holding back, were shooting stars, specially since we get the undeniable evidence with the one that opens up Nokron.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 takenstew22  Moderator

Something something video game/lore statements something something universal-multiversal.

OT: Gonna have to get to Radahn to make my judgement.

BurntIvoryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burntivoryking:

Am I missing something? does elden ring follow the flat earth model or what? Radahn is literally using his magic on the stars of the sky no? It's not like we have Radahn keeping the Nokron/Nokstella ceilings from falling into the underground cities where the "sky" is a ceiling/dome of shiny rocks. Radahn is literally doing so in the open sky.

Weak argument. Shooting star ≠ Star

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Similar names but very different things.

Yes, you obviously are missing something if you think the default assumption about Fromsoft games is that their cosmological model follows the same logic as real life. In Dark Souls the source of all life and duality and even the visible sun derives from a fire found deep underground, and the "earth" is nothing but an endless stretch of archtrees that reach into the sky. In Elden Ring we're led to believe that the Erdtree is the ultimate power in the world and fills the same role as the first flame did for Dark Souls.

It is pure assumption and speculation that a star in Elden Ring is the same as a real life star because we know historically from these games that this just isn't the case. You need to prove that an Elden Ring star is a real life star, and it merely being called a star doesn't cut it. All you have is an appeal to similar cosmology which is based on nothing.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. The only thing we can say for sure is that Radahn held a meteorite back, which going by the cutscene is the most impressive thing he did. The fact that you thought posting the definition of a shooting star is some kind of debate ender when I was literally mentioning the shooting star to show Radahn didn't move a star is hilarious. Why would I mention a shooting star if my case is about Radahn not moving a star on the assumption that a shooting star is an actual star? That wouldn't make any sense.

Tl;dr prove what a star is in Elden Ring without making assumptions about the cosmology that are based on nothing.

BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @burntivoryking:

Actually yeah I concede. After my last post I went for a mind refresh with youtube cutscenes and some items I had in-game and I realized I am totally getting it wrong.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tparks

@brownzeus: Respect for actually replying with that. Most people just ignore the thread when they end up being wrong.

Also, this is a FromSoft game, so getting something wrong with the lore, is not only understandable, but expected. Dark Souls 1 has been extensively analyzed for years, and the best we have from that, is just a few generally agreed upon theories about what’s actually going on. It took years to get to that point though.

BurntIvoryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@brownzeus: Respect for actually replying with that. Most people just ignore the thread when they end up being wrong.

Also, this is a FromSoft game, so getting something wrong with the lore, is not only understandable, but expected. Dark Souls 1 has been extensively analyzed for years, and the best we have from that, is just a few generally agreed upon theories about what’s actually going on. It took years to get to that point though.

Second this.

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put base thanos ahead of the malenia who tied with radahn. If he could actually apply that star gravitational power to thanos he destroy thanos.In my mind holding back that star/meteors is way more impressive than the scarlet which who's restraining thanos. I can't give him too much credit though because he loses to the player character and malenia who's closer to captain America than we are to Thanos.

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stars are definitely real ones. Since there has been extensive study on them by both the mages of Nokron and Nokstella, the Astrologers, and the Glintstone Sorcerers. They even differentiate between comets, meteors, shooting stars, and stars; and they all have different spells relevant to drawing power from each one. Spells that actually draw power from the stars or starlight rely on the primeval current, and only four sorcerers still practice it. Including Sellen, Azur, Lusat, and Wilhelm. The Carian Royals also used telescopes to study their cosmology, and discern fate as written in the stars.

Radahn himself specifically used the spell Collapsing Stars to stop the movement of them, and it's magic he learned from the Onyx Lords. Otherwise known as the Alabaster Lords. The same gravity magic he always uses.

What fell in Limegrave wasn't a meteorite either. It was starlight, similar to how Founding Rain of Stars uses the amber of stars, and we don't actually see any signs of a meteorite at the bottom of the hole it makes. There's also weird gravitational anomalies near the site, and rubble floating upwards towards the sky. The reason the starlight hit that exact area is because by defeating Radahn? Ranni's fate was allowed to continue. Quite literally it was the intervention of fate that causes this. Not any kind of meteorite, and fate is synonymous with the stars and starlight. The former of which is able to rain down amber. Which is another name for the starlight.

As I noted before everything with Radahn had to do with fate, and that's the whole reason why you have to kill him in Ranni's questline. It had nothing do with a meteorite.

"Well, well... Seluvis is not a name I ever wanted to hear again... But, fine. If it will help you, my apprentice, I offer my knowledge. The stars alter the fate of the Carian royal family. And the fate of your mistress, Ranni. But long ago, General Radahn challenged the swirling constellations, and in a crushing victory, arrested their cycles. Now, he is the force that repulses the stars. If General Radahn were to die, the stars would resume their movement. And so, too, would Ranni's destiny."

- Sellen

The hidden treasure of the Eternal City of Nokron; a blade said to have been born of a corpse.

This blood-drenched fetish is proof of the high treason committed by the Eternal City and symbolizes its downfall.

Cannot be wielded by those without a fate, but is said to be able to harm the Greater Will and its vassals.

- Fingerslayer Blade

Sellen goes into detail about amber here. It's the life-force of stars and the Erdtree respectively, and there's two types.

No Caption Provided

Amber being the vitality of a star, or the energy of it. Not the star itself. Similarly, the Erdtree and the Elden Beast have their own starlight. Due to being emissaries of the Greater Will.

Radahn being defeated by the Tarnished One is also NOT a point against him. As the tarnished are empowered by grace and runes. Which come directly from the Elden Ring, and by the time you fight Radahn you already have at least one Great Rune. And Great Runes are fragments of the Elden Ring. The Tarnished One also slays the Elden Beast. Which was so powerful it could create entire constellations, and we see in that exact same fight that the Greater Will has spread its influence across countless worlds or possibly even universes. As there is more than one Erdtree, and we know the Numens for example come from another world. The same world Marika came from.

No Caption Provided

"The face of the Numen, supposed descendants of denizens of another world. Long-lived but seldom born."

- Elden Ring, Character Creation

Grace the dwells within the inhabitants of the Lands Between; the lingering residue of gold.

Use to gain a multitude of runes.

The Numen are said to have come from outside the Lands Between, and are in fact of the same stock as Queen Marika herself.

- Elden Ring, Numen's Rune

Okina is also from Ashina. Which connects Sekiro to Elden Ring. Though due to a mistranslation that reference was lost in translation from Japanese to English.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tcd98e/comment/i0cqxs9/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something something video game/lore statements something something universal-multiversal.

Speaking of which though. The Greater Will is confirmed to be the creator of literally everything by Hyetta, who is the voice of the Frenzied Flame. After which it created fractures, births, and souls.

Loading Video...

16:54+

"Thank... thank you... I have touched them. The words of the Three Fingers. As your maiden, allow me to divine them. All that there is came from the One Great. Then came fractures, and births, and souls. But the Greater Will made a mistake. Torment, despair, affliction... every sin, every curse. Every one, born of the mistake. And so, what was borrowed must be returned. Melt it all away, with the yellow chaos flame. Until all is One again."

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:

Speaking of which though. The Greater Will is confirmed to be the creator of literally everything by Hyetta, who is the voice of the Frenzied Flame. After which it created fractures, births, and souls.

Loading Video...

16:54+

"Thank... thank you... I have touched them. The words of the Three Fingers. As your maiden, allow me to divine them. All that there is came from the One Great. Then came fractures, and births, and souls. But the Greater Will made a mistake. Torment, despair, affliction... every sin, every curse. Every one, born of the mistake. And so, what was borrowed must be returned. Melt it all away, with the yellow chaos flame. Until all is One again."

Interesting. Elden Ring has alot of wank potential tbh.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tparks

@northstrider: The people in Elden Ring call meteors stars. In the craters left by meteors, the people mining the meteor craters, called Starcallers, drop the stones they’re mining from the meteors. This is their item description:

“ Shard of rock found in the wake of a meteorite strike.

It is imbued with a particularly weighty magic.

Uses FP to emit gravitational shockwave.

The desperate ones who scavenge for these shards due themselves "starcallers."”

Also, Starfallen beasts are in meteorite strike craters.

Also, the Starlight shards item, are obtained in meteorite strike craters. It’s not starlight falling, it’s a meteor, and what is called starlight, is the remnants of a meteor. The description calls them flashes of Star light, even though it had nothing to do with a star, and came from a meteor:

“ An ephemeral sliver that gives off a pale blue glow.

What remains of a passing flash of starlight.

Use to gradually recover FP.

A prized item that was once used in the Eternal City as an ingredient in intoxicating draughts.”

While the word meteorite is used in Elden Ring, anything that deals with stars in any manner that has much to do with the game, is actually talking about meteors.

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elden Ring Boss solos the mcu

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I mentioned before in the Academy of Raya Lucaria? Which deals extensively in the study and research of the cosmos? They have an entirely different branch or school for every subject. Which makes it clear that comets, shooting stars, stars, and whatever else are each their own different thing in the cosmology.

Trying to equate them all as the same thing? Requires us to ignore the expertise of the actual researchers in the game. Who, by their own admission, acknowledge each and every one as different. And they do have the actual magic necessary to study them.

For example comets and meteors each have their own school.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Karolos+Glintstone+Crown

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Olivinus+Glintstone+Crown

Their understanding is such that they're even able to differentiate between comets and meteors. Sellen was one of the most promising students at Raya Lucaria, and was the direct student of Azur. Who was the founder of the academy.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tparks

@northstrider: Did you read my comment? Just because some people use the words comets and meteors, and study them, doesn’t mean that they aren’t referring to stars when talking about meteors. Literally everything that talks about stars in much detail in the game, is referring to meteors. Read the item descriptions of what you find in meteor craters. They refer to stars, even though it’s from a meteor. The names of people mining the craters are Starcallers, not meteorcallers. The bosses you fight in meteor craters, are Starfallen, not meteorfallen. The actual items that are formed from “Starlight”, are formed from meteors, not stars.

It could be, that the few people who extensively studied astrology, might know the actual difference, but it doesn’t apply to the rest of the world. Or, what I think is more likely, is that stars in the world of Elden Ring, are not IRL stars, but meteors. This would be similar to Lovecraftian mythos, that this game takes some inspiration from, where aliens and humans could go visit stars, and live on them. Obviously that would be impossible if the stars were IRL stars.

“ Three humans, six fungoid beings who can’t navigate space corporeally, two beings from Neptune (God! if you could see the body this type has on its own planet!), and the rest entities from the central caverns of an especially interesting dark star beyond the galaxy.” - The Whisperer in Darkness

“ I expect to visit other planets, and even other stars and galaxies” The Whisperer in the Darkness

“ "Do you realise what it means when I say I have been on thirty-seven different celestial bodies - planets, dark stars, and less definable objects - including eight outside our galaxy and two outside the curved cosmos of space and time?” - The Whisperer in Darkness

With Miyazaki’s interest in Lovecraft, it wouldn’t be surprising to me if he drew his inspiration for the Stars in his world, from here.

The important thing though, is these aren’t stars, in what we IRL know as stars. They’re meteors.

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

The people in Elden Ring call meteors stars. In the craters left by meteors, the people mining the meteor craters, called Starcallers, drop the stones they’re mining from the meteors. This is their item description:

They call them shooting stars, and you are confusing shooting stars for stars. They also shorten it to just stars even when referring to shooting stars. And actual stars are completely different. Shooting stars are akin to starlight. Not the stars themselves. Starlight is the amber of the cosmos. Read what Sellen said again.

Also, Starfallen beasts are in meteorite strike craters.

Due to the fact that meteorites are also sometimes called shooting stars. As seen in the Olivinus Conspectus.

Shooting Stars are not stars in Elden Ring. Stars are their own thing.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Star+Shower

Also, the Starlight shards item, are obtained in meteorite strike craters. It’s not starlight falling, it’s a meteor, and what is called starlight, is the remnants of a meteor. The description calls them flashes of Star light, even though it had nothing to do with a star, and came from a meteor:

The item description literally disagrees with you, and says that it comes from star-light. Star-light as I already established is the amber of stars. Amber is the crystalized life-force of something. Either that of a star, or of the Erdtree. And you can find star-light shards literally anywhere at certain altars. Where people worship it.

While the word meteorite is used in Elden Ring, anything that deals with stars in any manner that has much to do with the game, is actually talking about meteors.

Nope. Comets, shooting stars/meteorites, and stars are all established to be different things here. That's the whole point of different branches of the academy being formed to study each and every one.

Worst case scenario stars are the same size as the moon. Since the mages of the Lazuli Conspectus claimed they were equal. However, this belief was considered heretical or heterodox. And most glint-stone mages and astrologers actually consider stars bigger than the moon.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Lazuli+Glintstone+Crown

Did you read my comment? Just because some people use the words comets and meteors, and study them, doesn’t mean that they aren’t referring to stars when talking about meteors.

Comets and meteors are completely different things here, and so are stars. As established by the actual experts in the story itself. This to the point they have separate schools for each subject. As they're universally considered different things by these researchers. I am taking their word on it. Since they're the ones who have been studying this since time immemorial.

Literally everything that talks about stars in much detail in the game, is referring to meteors.

No, that's you conflating all of these completely different things as the same. When in the game itself it's made clear that they're different. By the actual experts who have studied them for thousands of years.

Worst case scenario stars are the same size of the moon, and that's only if the Carian Royals are right. They're probably not as they are so heavily biased in their beliefs? That they performed a coup, and took over the academy. Banishing both Azur and Lusat out of religious fervor. In all likelihood they're much larger than the moon, and not the same size as it.

Read the item descriptions of what you find in meteor craters. They refer to stars, even though it’s from a meteor.

Most star-light shards are actually found everywhere, and usually at altars where people even worship it. In due part of the fact that the stars control fate in this context.

The names of people mining the craters are Starcallers, not meteorcallers. The bosses you fight in meteor craters, are Starfallen, not meteorfallen.

They're specifically mining the remains of shooting stars. Not stars. As shooting stars and meteors are synonymous in this context. They are NOT however synonymous with comets or stars.

The actual items that are formed from “Starlight”, are formed from meteors, not stars.

They're formed from star-light, that explicitly is the amber of stars, and amber is the life-force or energy of something. In this case the vitality of a star.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tparks

@northstrider: You’re contradicting yourself. You say that Stars, shooting stars, and meteorites are all separate, and then try to say that Starlight Shards, are from stars, even though they are found in meteorites. The item descriptions call those craters meteorites, and that’s where you find Starlight Shards, Starfallen Beasts, Starcallers, and Gravity Stones (which is an area of magic associated with stars). And just because starlight shards are also found in other areas, doesn’t mean you should ignore the game deliberately showing where they are mined from. You admit that the Starlight shards are made from starlight, but are choosing to ignore where they come from, because it proves everything you’re saying as wrong. It’s very obvious, but it seems like you did a lot of research to find a reason why they could be stars, and don’t want to see the obvious right in front of you, that shows they are definitely meteors.

It’s quite obvious reading the item descriptions that Starlight Shards come from meteors, and Starlight Shards comes from Starlight. The rest of what you’re saying, based on the incorrect assumption that because there are the words meteors and stars in the game, and people study them, that they must be separate. You’re ignoring the obvious though, that the items found in meteor craters, label them as from meteors, and also are formed from starlight.

I think it’s even more obvious, when you just watch the cutscene, and it literally looks like falling stars, which are meteors. It’s even more obvious, that there are craters all over the world, formed by meteors. And even more obvious, that the hole that opened up, was from a physical object crashing into it, and not anything like a star coming into contact with the planet.

Loading Video...

Those are falling stars (meteors). You can see the actual stars in the sky behind the meteors. You can see that these appear at random, and not from the existing stars in the sky, just like a meteor, that you only see when it gets close enough and burns.

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

You’re contradicting yourself. You say that Stars, shooting stars, and meteorites are all separate, and then try to say that Starlight Shards, are from stars, even though they are found in meteorites.

I am not contradicting myself. Starlight shards are explicitly from stars, and shooting stars are an expression of starlight. Shooting stars are also sometimes called meteors. However, they're noted to be distinct from comets and stars. Starlight can be found in anything that uses the amber of stars, but it's not the stars themselves.

The item descriptions call those craters meteorites, and that’s where you find Starlight Shards,

This is an outright lie of omission. You can find starlight shards everywhere, and they're usually found at altars. Even the starlight shard you find near the Fallingstar Beast was actually on the half-cup/half-bowl altar near the crash site. It wasn't from the Fallingstar Beast itself.

No Caption Provided

Starfallen Beasts,

As I already noted above this was a lie on your part, and you're omitting the fact you find that starlight shard at the half-cup/half-bowl altar. Just like a lot of the rest.

Starcallers

Who excavate shooting stars/meteors. Not stars. Even in the description for Gravity Stone Fan, and Gravity Stone Chunk, it's made clear what they're actually excavating are shooting stars/meteors. They're not excavating comets or stars.

and Gravity Stones (which is an area of magic associated with stars)

Gravity magic was made by and used by the Onyx Lords. Who like Astel can summon meteorites. Their magic is closest to the Olivinus Conspectus. The Olivinus Conspectus deals with meteors and shooting stars.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Olivinus+Glintstone+Crown

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Star+Shower

And just because starlight shards are also found in other areas, doesn’t mean you should ignore the game deliberately showing where they are mined from.

They're literally mined in caves, and usually said caves have either normal starlight or amber starlight in the boss rooms. This doesn't contradict anything because as I have noted starlight comes from stars. It is not the stars themselves. You're the one that deliberately ignored the fact that the starlight shard didn't actually come from a Fallingstar Beast. It came from the altar near where it crashed. The same kind of altar we see all over the Lands Between, and said altars are 90% of the time not near any crash sites. Starlight is the raw amber of a star. The amber of the cosmos as Sellen herself notes. It can be used to replicate celestial phenomena, but it is not a star itself.

You admit that the Starlight shards are made from starlight, but are choosing to ignore where they come from, because it proves everything you’re saying as wrong.

Starlight and stars are completely different. Starlight is the crystallized life-force of a star. It is not the star itself. I have already been over this, but you're still conflating starlight and stars as if they're the same exact thing. You're objectively wrong here. Starlight is the life-force of stars. It is not the stars themselves.

It’s very obvious, but it seems like you did a lot of research to find a reason why they could be stars, and don’t want to see the obvious right in front of you, that shows they are definitely meteors.

They're most definitely not meteors because you're conflating shooting stars and stars as the same exact thing. When it's clear to anyone who has actually the played the game? That they're not, and are even treated as distinct by the characters therein.

It’s quite obvious reading the item descriptions that Starlight Shards come from meteors,

Nope. Only if you conflate instances that actually have no relevance like you did with the Fallingstar Beast.

and Starlight Shards comes from Starlight.

Starlight which is not a meteorite. It is the raw amber of stars.

The rest of what you’re saying, based on the incorrect assumption that because there are the words meteors and stars in the game, and people study them, that they must be separate.

There are literally separate schools in the Academy of Raya Lucaria for comets and shooting stars/meteors. They have access to telescopes. Can peer directly into the cosmos via the primeval current, and witness cosmic events like the end of a great star cluster in the case of Lusat.

You’re ignoring the obvious though,

You're ignoring everything established in the game itself.

that the items found in meteor craters, label them as from meteors,

The former is a lie. The starlight shard didn't come from the Fallingstar Beast. It was found near the half-cup/half-bowl altar like the vast majority of them. The latter is also a lie. Starlight is never referred to as a meteorite. Starlight can create comets, shooting stars/meteorites, or whatever but all those things are separate; it itself is not a star. It is the amber of a star, or the vitality of it.

and also are formed from starlight.

From starlight. Not from stars, and starlight itself is distinct. It is the raw amber of a star. It is not the star itself.

I think it’s even more obvious, when you just watch the cutscene, and it literally looks like falling stars, which are meteors.

They're not shooting stars or meteorites. They're stars beginning to move again in the cosmos. Shooting stars are distinct from stars. Meteors are distinct from stars. Comets are distinct from stars. The only thing they have in common is that they're made from the remnant of a star. That's what starlight is. The life-force or energy of one. The amber of one. Not the star itself.

It’s even more obvious, that there are craters all over the world, formed by meteors.

The Fallingstar Beast had more in common with Astel and the Onyx Lords, and wasn't actually the source of that starlight shard.

And even more obvious, that the hole that opened up, was from a physical object crashing into it, and not anything like a star coming into contact with the planet.

This is the crutch of the problem. You think starlight and stars are the same exact thing. When starlight is the amber of a star. The life-force or energy of it. Which can be used to create comets, or shooting stars/meteors. However, it is distinct from them and also exists as raw energy. As we see in the Cannon of Haima, and Gavel of Haima.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Cannon+of+Haima

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Gavel+of+Haima

Even Iji himself clarifies what happened:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Those are falling stars (meteors).

They are not, and even the Fallingstar Beast is something you can fight before you even join the Radahn Festival. Go ahead and try it. You don't actually need to beat Radahn in order to fight the Fallingstar Beast. Which means those are definitely not falling stars that Radahn stopped. The only one that actually hits the ground in Limegrave doesn't even leave any evidence behind. It was just a raw beam of starlight. Likely from one of those stars. Since we know they're the ones controlling fate.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why Radahn doesn't stomp this

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Darknessdevil

@northstrider: I think it's pretty clear what hit limgrave was a shooting but it's also clear as day that Radhan could actually hold back the stars.

I think the shooting stars happen due to the fall of Radhan and the movement of the stars.

People actually get confused because of the wordings. Can you find some of the Japanese version of the dialogue?

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tparks

@northstrider: I’ll concede on the Starlight Shards, but calling me a liar is a douche move. Getting a small bit of info wrong is pretty typical of a FromSoft game, specially something as small as this, and you calling me a liar, just in a sad attempt to weaken my credibility over a pretty stupid argument. It’s a complete douche move. Grow up.

Besides that, everything else I said still stands. FallenStar beasts (which also drop gravity stones, and is more of a connection to Radahn), Starcallers, Gravity Stones associated with Gravity Magic (which is what Radahn uses), are all found in meteors. And you’re ignoring the cutscene, which is pretty obvious that it’s meteors.

Have you ever noticed Starcallers also use Gravity Magic, just like Radahn. Yet they’re out mining meteors, not stars.

People in a fantasy world, calling falling stars, as stars, is not something new. Being so literal on every word said in these games, is not an accurate way of viewing anything. Think if fire was literal fire in the Dark Souls games. By your logic, it would be. Same thing here. The use of the words stars, isn’t meant to be taken literal, specially when the cut scene shows us it’s pretty obvious that it’s falling stars, and there is an abundance of evidence of meteors, and within those meteors, items and creatures referred to as stars.

https://youtu.be/NuoD5nUW6_U

Those are obviously what Miyazaki put into this:

https://youtu.be/05jfCZftr8Y

If they were the actual stars, we’d see the stars in the sky begin to move, but we don’t. The meteors are moving, while the stars remain motionless.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 takenstew22  Moderator

So Radahn is multi-solar system level?

Can't wait till I fight him lol.

northstrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I’ll concede on the Starlight Shards, but calling me a liar is a douche move. Getting a small bit of info wrong is pretty typical of a FromSoft game, specially something as small as this, and you calling me a liar, just in a sad attempt to weaken my credibility over a pretty stupid argument. It’s a complete douche move. Grow up.

It felt like a lie of omission. Since the vast majority of starlight shards you can find at the altars, and that includes the one near the Fallingstar Beast. It might not have been your intent to lie, but that is what it came off as. Since it's hard to miss said altars, and the example you cited, explicitly came from one. As I already noted before starlight is a byproduct of stars, but it is not a star. It's used in glint-stone sorcery to replicate comets, and shooting stars/meteors; but starlight itself is like amber. In that it's the life-force of stars.

Besides that, everything else I said still stands. FallenStar beasts (which also drop gravity stones, and is more of a connection to Radahn), Starcallers, Gravity Stones associated with Gravity Magic (which is what Radahn uses), are all found in meteors. And you’re ignoring the cutscene, which is pretty obvious that it’s meteors.

I am not because the only one that actually hits the ground is the one that landed in Limegrave, and that was likely just a beam of starlight from a star. The rest fly back into the cosmos, and Radahn is never stated to have stopped ALL of the stars. Just a lot of them, and the ones related to Ranni and her fate in particular. Since there's a lot of different stars, and not all of them represent the primeval current. Some of them represent the Greater Will, and the other Outer Gods.

Have you ever noticed Starcallers also use Gravity Magic, just like Radahn. Yet they’re out mining meteors, not stars.

That's because they're heavily implied to be related to the Onyx Lords, and Onyx Lords themselves fell onto the Lands Between like the Fallingstar Beasts and Astel. The spells related to meteorites are also different than the ones related to stars. They're two completely separate spells.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Meteorite

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Collapsing+Stars

Just like how comets and shooting stars are different in glint-stone sorcery.

People in a fantasy world, calling falling stars, as stars, is not something new. Being so literal on every word said in these games, is not an accurate way of viewing anything.

In the context of this fictional universe? We have an entire academy dedicated to the study of the cosmos, we have the astrologers who mapped fate via the stars and who were ostracized by the Golden Order because of it, we have the eternal cities of Nokron and Nokstella who were able to weaponize their power, and one of whom created the Fingerslayer Blade to make use of the power of fate against the Greater Will.

Think if fire was literal fire in the Dark Souls games. By your logic, it would be. Same thing here. The use of the words stars, isn’t meant to be taken literal, specially when the cut scene shows us it’s pretty obvious that it’s falling stars, and there is an abundance of evidence of meteors, and within those meteors, items and creatures referred to as stars.

None of those are the actual stars in this universe. At best they're byproducts of starlight. Which itself is not a star either. It's the byproduct of one, and the life-force or vitality it gives off. Just to use a more familiar comparison it's like Getter Rays from Getter Robo. Cosmic outer space energy. Everything in outer space makes use of it in some form or another. Even the Outer Gods do.

If they were the actual stars, we’d see the stars in the sky begin to move, but we don’t. The meteors are moving, while the stars remain motionless.

This is ignoring the fact that Radahn only stopped the stars and constellations relevant to the fate of Ranni. He didn't stop all of the stars in the universe. He just stopped the ones that effected her. There's no reason for all the stars in the cosmos to start moving. Besides the ones Radahn actually stopped, and that's why only those stars started to move.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@northstrider: You’re just going in circles now, but I have to say, I find your arguments extremely flimsy. It’s all based on some pretty flimsy assumptions about the choices of words that can be interpreted however it works for your argument, while ignoring the obvious connections between gravity magic, the meteors we get to see, and Radahn’s cut scene looking identical to a meteor shower. There is pretty undeniable evidence of meteors, and their connection to gravity magic, specially when you look at the colors of gravity stones, gravity spells, and the effects of gravity magic. Color is extremely important in FromSoft games, as it was what led to us identifying so much about the Dark Souls series based on on item colors. There is zero evidence that what Radahn did was stars though, and only assumptions based on word choice. It’s weird to go off of the assumptions, specially when if you just showed someone the cut scene, and didn’t include the word Star in it, every person who saw it, would just say it was a meteor shower, since it’s undeniably made to look like one.