Quinlan(The Strain) vs. Blade(movies)

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, so this hasn't been done on this site.

Think it's a great battle personally, two badass hybrids. Who comes out alive?

All feats & powers apply this is movie blade vs. The Strain's Quinlan.

For those who may not know who Quinlan is...

http://the-strain.wikia.com/wiki/Quinlan

Some examples of him in combat:

No Caption Provided

Blade vs. Quinlan

Who wins?

Random Encounter, no prep, quinlan has two automatics, sword and his skills, blade has one sword, skills and a pistol

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Seido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Blade via plot power

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot?

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@fallingcliffs: Go to the Selena vs Blade battle it carried over from that thread.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyiena said:

@fallingcliffs: Go to the Selena vs Blade battle it carried over from that thread.

He got shot down in that thread.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@darthaznable: ?? I dont know what this means but shot down? This was the first match of this to be made, if there's other blade threads they're not from me.

You must be confusing me with someone else.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyiena: I just Google searched Theres about 4 or 5 of those threads apparently? Lol which one. But thanks.

Though I'm getting the vibe not many here watch the strain from lack of responded. :(

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By never give up

Don't know Quinlan

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: He's from the series called The Strain on FX also based off the comics.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

Blade. I'd say Quinlan's most impressive power is his reaction time, since he can time bullets with ease, but so could Vampires in the Blade series (i.e. Deacon Frost) and Blade wrecks them left and right.

I may be forgetting some stuff for Quinlan, but I feel like we need to see him do more.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade. I'd say Quinlan's most impressive power is his reaction time, since he can time bullets with ease, but so could Vampires in the Blade series (i.e. Deacon Frost) and Blade wrecks them left and right.

I may be forgetting some stuff for Quinlan, but I feel like we need to see him do more.

There's also one other thing for Quinlan I forgot, he has more fighting experience than Blade does he's far older like centuries lol one episode they did flashbacks with him he was training and killing Gladiators in ancient times...that's how old he is to give you an idea, so for fighting he may have the edge over Blade there, speed may be comparable though I do remember Blade getting shot in the first movie by cops if I'm not mistaken but Quin is a newer character so I think not a lot of people know much about him. He's pretty badass, if you like vampires I recommend checking out The Strain sometime.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

There's also one other thing for Quinlan I forgot, he has more fighting experience than Blade does he's far older like centuries lol one episode they did flashbacks with him he was training and killing Gladiators in ancient times...that's how old he is to give you an idea, so for fighting he may have the edge over Blade there, speed may be comparable though I do remember Blade getting shot in the first movie by cops if I'm not mistaken but Quin is a newer character so I think not a lot of people know much about him. He's pretty badass, if you like vampires I recommend checking out The Strain sometime.

I watch the show, but I need to see more of him until I can give him a win over a guy like Blade, the age gap doesn't really give him any edge since Blade was more skilled than Dracula who has been around since about 5,000 BC.

Blade was shot in the back IIRC and had bulletproof armour, he just says 'mother*cker, you of your damn mind?' or something.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@rogueshadow: I hear us points. I personally think the fact that he wears armor in a way proves he's not UBER fast like say quinlan but i do think we'll see quin more.

The age factor if I, being far older means more experience definitely not a disadvantage. True but the master is more or less Dracula if not more powerful then blade Dracula, he can also be out in the sun and has power to mind control, possess and transfer his soul to different bodies if one body dies.

We do have to see more of quin I agree there but i think quin can definitely take blade, not saying whod win for sure but definitely would be a good match.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: lol I personally think the fact that he wears armor in a way proves he's not UBER fast like say quinlan but i do think we'll see quin more.

The age factor if I, being far older means more experience definitely not a disadvantage. True but the master is more or less Dracula if not more powerful then blade Dracula, he can also be out in the sun and has power to mind control, possess and transfer his soul to different bodies if one body dies.

We do have to see more of quin I agree there but i think quin can definitely take blade, not saying whod win for sure but definitely would be a good match.

Dracula is more powerful in my opinion, he can also resist sunlight and can shape-shift, he made a crater in the ground by slamming Blade before he went into his full demonic form, whereas the Master's most impressive feat is crushing a human skull IIRC.

Blade encounters many Vampires and humans wielding fire-arms though, Strigoi are mindless and don't wield fire-arms like the Blade ones, so I don't think wearing bullet-proof armour should be seen as a slight against his speed.

Blade just has way more feats of skill and physical abilities at this point, though this could change with time. I do think that the feats Quinlan does have indicate he is on a level with Blade, but he needs more before you can make a solid argument for him winning in my opinion, given the kind of foes Blade faced.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: master can do more I'm sure once we see more but he also has the ability to save people with just a drop of his DNA. He has abilities blade Dracula don't have too.

Not all vamps in strain are mindless, only the drones but the more powerful ones like zachs mom, eichorst, even quinlan though he's a hybrid are not mindless.

Outside of Dracula in blade series I'm pretty sure master, zachs mom, quinlan or eichorst would demolish those blade vamps they seem weaker against uv weapons where as eichorst, master etc survived sun and tanked bullets made to harm them. They're also far faster them blade people. Dracula i believe would be their best challenge.

But yeah I don't think the bullet armor slows his speed just think it shows bullets, etc harm him since he's not exactly a bullet timer like quinlan has shown.

I dont want to say who wins but I do think this is a good match for both here. Quinlan will get more fests I'm sure, so far it seems he's overmatched everyone who messes with him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@fallingcliffs said:

@rogueshadow: master can do more I'm sure once we see more but he also has the ability to save people with just a drop of his DNA. He has abilities blade Dracula don't have too.

Not all vamps in strain are mindless, only the drones but the more powerful ones like zachs mom, eichorst, even quinlan though he's a hybrid are not mindless.

My point is that they don't use fire-arms, even the sapient ones, the prey Quinlan hunts don't require bp armour.

Outside of Dracula in blade series I'm pretty sure master, zachs mom, quinlan or eichorst would demolish those blade vamps they seem weaker against uv weapons where as eichorst, master etc survived sun and tanked bullets made to harm them. They're also far faster them blade people. Dracula i believe would be their best challenge.

I agree Goodweather, Eichorst etc are above regular Blade Vampires, but you would be better comparing Strigoi to regular Vampires in Blade, who Blade was also wrecking. Deacon Frost was a regular Vamp and he effortlessly dodged bullets. Blade has fought La Magra, Nomak, Dracula, Nyssa, Reinhardt, Assad etc. Quinlan hasn't fought any noted combatants.

But yeah I don't think the bullet armor slows his speed just think it shows bullets, etc harm him since he's not exactly a bullet timer like quinlan has shown.

While Blade has no bullet-timing feats, the fact that he out-skilled even a La Magra amped Deacon who could dodge bullets even when he was just a regular Vampire is proof enough for me that he can easily deal with bullet timers to be honest. The fact he wears bullet-proof armour is pretty meaningless to be honest, many characters wear bullet-resistant armour despite being able to time them.

I dont want to say who wins but I do think this is a good match for both here. Quinlan will get more fests I'm sure, so far it seems he's overmatched everyone who messes with him.

But he hasn't dealt with any foes of the calibre that Blade has faced, Blade would stomp everybody who Quinlan has faced so far. Quinlan hasn't taken on any combatants of noted skill like Blade.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm...good fight..Quinlan may have Blade in speed but he falls short in skill, strength, and durability IMO. I don't really see Quinlan winning one round...

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: k, but just still pointing out Quinlan doesn't need body armor dye to his skill and speed.

True but he owned a bunch of drones like nobody's business and rather effortlessly. Just want to point out naeesa, Reinhardt weren't really impressive. They're were main characters but I'm sure quin could take them. Same for deacon, he was really only super impressive hehe he was the blood god amp.

Blade honestly got lucky vs blood god, because of the uv injects. If not for that blade would have lost the way that fight was going. Frost was regenerating everything normal attacks blade threw at him.

So far, he's willing to take on the master that even eichorst fears thus why he ran from him proves he's not one to be messed with.

buttersdaman000: Quinlans durability we haven't seen just yet though, his skill is definitely on par with blade and has more experience.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: IIRC Drake also dodged bullets in blade trinity and blade still had better reactions in their fight.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: k, but just still pointing out Quinlan doesn't need body armor dye to his skill and speed.

He has not proven himself as skilled as Blade, he simply hasn't. I've already pointed out that Blade using body armour is meaningless, many bullet-timers use body armour.

True but he owned a bunch of drones like nobody's business and rather effortlessly. Just want to point out naeesa, Reinhardt weren't really impressive. They're were main characters but I'm sure quin could take them. Same for deacon, he was really only super impressive hehe he was the blood god amp.

Blade killed dozens of Reapers and Vampires effortlessly, hell he beat about 40 armed and armoured Vamps unarmed. Have you seen the fight scene with Nyssa and Asad vs Blade? It was far more impressive than anything Quinlan has done. Quinlan simply hasn't taken on any characters with skill and advanced stats yet, his longer life isn't nearly enough to give him a win, especially when Blade has already matched people far older than Quinlan.

Blade honestly got lucky vs blood god, because of the uv injects. If not for that blade would have lost the way that fight was going. Frost was regenerating everything normal attacks blade threw at him.

That was not my point, Blade was never going to beat La Magra because he was pretty much invincible, but Blade cut him in half even with the La Magra amp and Deacon could time bullets effortlessly without it, I believe Drake also dodged bullets and Blade was faster and more skilled than him too.

So far, he's willing to take on the master that even eichorst fears thus why he ran from him proves he's not one to be messed with.

But Blade would beat Eichorst and the Master too, neither have the feats to contend with him.

buttersdaman000: Quinlans durability we haven't seen just yet though, his skill is definitely on par with blade and has more experience.

Blade got his head smashed through pillars and hit with blows that left craters in the ground, Quinlan doesn't have a single feat of durability.

Quinlan simply does not have the feats to win this fight.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@dstreet45: disagree, drake put a serious beatdown on blade. He only won cause he had help from abigails arrow....

@RogueShadow: I disagree, he has more fighting experience then Blade ever did, has learned about men and vampires better and is arguably smarter then Blade. Example, Blade's overconfident and just jumps into fights gets his ass beat then gets help from a team or people then wins some how. Quinlan was working rogue/alone til recently, and even still in the last show season 2 he went after the biggest threat which was Eichorst then Master possessed his body then ran from him...

I don't think it's meaningless though, it it were he wouldn't use it to begin with. You even admitted yourself he's not as fast as Quin is and is not a bullet timer. If he were he would have dodged the cops shooting directly at him in the first film.

Yeah I don't agree with Nyssa being better than Quin, she caught blade off guard for one and was hiding in the shadows as well yet still got beat by Blade or he held his own at least. She's fast yes, but so is Quinlan, she has not shown to dodge bullets, I think Quin would put her down fast honestly. Every time he's beaten someone he does so effortlessly so far. She was clearly trying when she was fighting blade. Quin has killed tons of vampires, drones and humans in his time as well. Not exactly fodder either, as he trained in gladiator fights those contests held the best human fighters during that period. I mean sure it was unfair since he's a hybrid but still. And the vamps he destroyed them easily.

I know what you're saying and while blade won due to plot, I'm pretty sure Quin would slice and dice up Frost just as badly considering he moves far faster then Blade does...Blade was getting his butt handed to him by Drake til Abigail helped out with the arrow...he was holding his own against his HUMAN form yes, but still not faster then Dracula/Drake as far as pure speed is concerned.

I don't believe Blade would beat Master, Eichorst maybe but that's debatable since Eichorst is again faster then Blade. You seem to be ignoring speed here, when it's clearly a big issue.

That's because he hasn't really lost or struggled vs anyone in centuries...I'd say that's actually more impressive if anything. Blade got his butt kicked by Frost, Nomak and Drake only won due to "plot" since he's the main character.

It's not just about feats though but powers and what one is capable of. I don't believe Blade would easily beat Quinlan if he does at all, Quinlan will no doubt get more feats but as of now it's even as far as I'm concerned and Quin clearly has speed advantage, you can't deny this.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: disagree, drake put a serious beatdown on blade. He only won cause he had help from abigails arrow....

Drake from BEFORE he transformed...

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@dstreet45: Yeah Drake was dodging bullets but I'm not sure how this translates to Blade being a bullet timer. Quinlan is also a bullet timer with ease, in fact from a shorter distance then when Drake dodged his bullets.

No Caption Provided

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DSTREET45

@fallingcliffs: It shows that he's fast enough to keep up with bullet timers.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@dstreet45: In combat yes, but a lot of characters have shown this. It's still not the same as dodging a bullet.

All I'm saying. Quin has actually shown to be a bullet timer, blade has not.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: I never said that Blade was, just that he had fought and kept up with people who had bullet timed. Being a bullet-timer alone isn't enough to say that it is an advantage against Blade.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: I know but just pointing out since speed is a big issue(especially on this site) it's one of Quin's advantages. The gif I posted, blade has never shown to do that and he wasn't even trying since he wanted Gus. The thing that was PIS in the blade movies except for the Frost/Blood God amp fight was none of them were using their speed against Blade within the fights themselves.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarthAznable

@fallingcliffs: They were pretty even before Dracula transformed...Blade got a few good hits in.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: True, though I do wonder why Dracula didn't just transform right away. I got the vibe he was toying with Blade most of the movie.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45: I know but just pointing out since speed is a big issue(especially on this site) it's one of Quin's advantages.

Speed isn't everything (especially when one has reflexes good enough to counter) and people have used others to scale people's speed and reflexes.

The gif I posted, blade has never shown to do that and he wasn't even trying since he wanted Gus.

Bullet dodging? No. But he can be scaled to that speed or won't have trouble against it in CQC. Running fast? Sure he was able to save a girl from being hit a bus that was a few feet away from her while Blade himself was at least a hundred feet away.

The thing that was PIS in the blade movies except for the Frost/Blood God amp fight was none of them were using their speed against Blade within the fights themselves.

I wouldn't call it PIS. The vampires not being shown speed-blitzing Blade is a testament to his speed. Blade was stated multiple times to have all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses, except the thirst, power/speed scaling is a thing for a reason. Otherwise Frost's side-chick is also faster than Blade and could possibly out-speed him since she dodged a shotgun blast at point blank range, in high heels no less.

And yes, the gun is fired before she dodges.
And yes, the gun is fired before she dodges.

It might not be out of his range to bullet-time especially if we scale his speed/reflexes from the other vampires (given that he's supposed to be and was shown to be better than them) and even if he can't he's already shown that he can keep up with their speed consistently whether through better combat speed, skill (which could also be a factor), or plainly both.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@DSTREET45:Never said speed is everything but it does matter in this match up.

You're using a chick who has no knowledge of weapons, no experience fighting vamps using a shotgun....that is not the same as Quinlan or Blade fighting...Example? Her AIM IS HORRIBLE! lol even against frost's girl running normal speed...let's put it this way, you and I could have dodged her shots.

No Caption Provided

Frost's girl wasn't faster, she just dodged one shot up close which the way Karen was shooting wasn't that difficult, an experienced martial artist could have disarmed her without powers or super blitz vamp speed. I don't believe she was faster then Blade, when she as you said yourself was in heels no less was able to dodge shot gun shots which spread out when you shoot, that's how bad Karen's marksmenship is. It's PIS because those who are faster then Blade don't actually use their speed in battle vs. him...except Frost being the exception.

There is no evidence of Blade being scaled to that speed when he hasn't shown such in 3 films, til then he's not a bullet timer.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan stomps even harder than before.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan wins a good fight, he is not as fast as The Master who a group of trained Navy Seals couldn't even perceive in close quarters. But is certainly faster than Blade, however Blade consistently keeps up with bullet timers. However I do think Quinlan is faster than most of Blade's oponents, which should be enough to give him the battle, taking into consideration the vast experience gap in favor of Quinlan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good matchup ... Unfortunatly I've never seen the strain

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade stomps, mainly due to his insane durability and skill and striking power, he sent dracula flying over 50 feet in their last fights

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tie, they are the same. Guillermo modelled him after blade. He has the exact same powers just a colder personality.

briancolding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade.

Although Quinlan is older Blade actually fights far more skilled opponents on a regular basis.

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade can't react to him