BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BreakingThrones

Rules:

Canon. Qui Gonn Jinn is TPM version (obvs).

Qui Gonn Jinn has 50 lives and he can clear the gauntlet if he is able to make it through without losing all of his lives.

For each opponent you decide how many Qui Gonn Jinn's it would take to beat them and then you subtract that off of his total lives e.g It takes 10 Qui Gonn Jinns to beat X opponent in round 1 so now Qui Gonn Jinn goes into round 2 with only 40 lives remaining.

The arena is a wide open battlefield with various objects that the force can be used on.

Round 1: Darth Maul (TPM)

Round 2: Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin (both AOTC)

Round 3: The Jedi B team from ROTS

Round 4: Count Dooku and General Grevious (both ROTS)

Round 5: Darth Maul (prime), Savage Oppress (prime) and Asajj Ventress (prime)

Round 6: Obi Wan and Anakin (both IH ROTS)

Round 7: Ahsoka and Darth Vader (both Rebels)

Round 8: Darth Plagueis ( TPM), Darth Sidious (ROTS) and Dagobah Yoda (OT)

Round 9: Yoda (ROTS), Mace Windu (ROTS), Mother Talzin ( SOD), and Luke (Mandolorian)

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kaore

Round 1 - Jinn only needs one revive here, he was contending with Maul for a significant amount of time. 49 lives remaining.

Round 2 - Honestly he might not even use one here if he's smart. Qui-Gon is repeatedly placed as Council-level, and Dooku was particularly disappointed by AoTC Kenobi in comparison to Jinn. If Qui-Gon uses the Force to incapacitate Anakin, he can buy enough time to defeat Obi-Wan and then the win is basically secured. 49 lives remaining.

Round 3 - Qui-Gon VS three duelists of similar calibre? Yeah, this is gonna take a few. Given that his stamina presumably resets for each life whereas his opponents will still tire, I'd say he needs 8 lives or so to win here. Most of his deaths will occur earlier on but the further he goes, the easier this'll be. 41 lives remaining.

Round 4 - I think Jinn's best bet here is to focus Grievous early on, using the Force to throw him far from Dooku and then leaping after him to create distance. If he fights recklessly, knowing he'll revive, he can take out Grievous quickly at the cost of a couple lives and then turn his focus to Dooku. Darth Tyranus is an incredible combatant, but he's no equal to the combined power of the Jedi Strike Team in Round 3. Jinn defeats his master at the cost of 5 lives. 36 lives remaining.

Round 5 - I think he stops here. The trio are all too powerful, and Maul & Savage's co-ordination is excellent; I can't see him being able to seperate them enough to pick one off at a time. There's just too many lightsaber blades and the team easily outstrip him in the Force collectively. Once they realise he's resurrecting over and over they're just gonna snap his neck 30 times.

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BreakingThrones

@kaore: Sorry, let me just say that if it takes 2 Jinn's to beat Maul then he loses both of those Jinns an would have 48 left. That's the only way I could get this to work lol.

I know that's confusing as both Jinn's may survive the duel and thus he should have 50 lives still but I needed to do it this way to try and simplify it a bit.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: Oh okay, I think I misunderstood. I think I get it now, I'll do another writeup in a sec

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BreakingThrones

@kaore: yeah so the way I had it in mind is that before each battle you decide how many Jinn's you would need to send to defeat the opponent (s) and then you subtract that off your total amount.

Ok cool, cheers.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: Sorry for the slow response, been a bit busy today. I really like the thread idea though, it's fun :))

Round 1 - One Jinn was pressing Maul heavily and had a solid chance, two secure the deal. 48 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 2 - I genuinely think one might be enough here, for a slim majority. 47 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 3 - Assuming Mace isn't included, four should be enough. 43 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 4 - One Qui-Gon can take Grievous, and two can take Dooku. We'll throw in an extra one just for good measure since Tyranus is quite powerful. 39 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 5 - Four Jinns seal the deal once again - two for Maul, and one each for Ventress & Savage. 35 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 6 - Four once more, two each. 31 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 7 - Six Qui-Gons here, two for Ahsoka and four for Vader. 25 Qui-Gons remain.

Round 8 - There's very little canon Plagueis info, but iirc Sidious's skills with a saber have been attributed to Plagueis's teachings, so he should be at least in Dooku's league - I imagine he's higher, closer to Sidious, Yoda & Windu. Based on that, I feel like 6 Jinns for both Plagueis & Yoda, and then 4 for Dagobah Yoda who should be a little weaker than his RoTS self. 7 Jinns remain.

Round 9 - They stop here. The 7 Jinns can take out Talzin before they die, perhaps, but they have no chance of clearing.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: Thanks for the detailed answer! And yeah the just the B team trio, no Mace.

I think I had QGJ need 4 more lives in order to clear when I did my run through of it.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BreakingThrones

@lightordark: Sorry dude, I thought I had tagged you. I'm adding in new people and I manually enter the tags each time. I know some people have a copy and paste tag list so I'll try and do that.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones:

R1: Qui Gon wins this with just one clone. He was plenty of trouble for Maul on his own. (2)

R2: Once again just 2 Qui Gons should be plenty. I'd put Qui Gon roughly at the same tier as AOTC Obi, but the other one wrecks Ani shortly and it's gg. (4)

R3: I have all 3 masters handily below AOTC Obi. Honestly this could've been R2 for me. 2 Qui Gons are gonna destroy this round. (6)

R4: Now this is hard. Both Dooku and Grievous would kill an individual Qui Gon rather easily. It's gonna take at least two to deal with Grievous, and for Dooku at least 3. I'll throw in an extra one just to be sure I'll have them for the majority. 6 total. (12)

R5: 3 for Maul, he's Dooku caliber here. 2 for Savage at least, he is monstrously strong if you engage him solo. 1 for Ventress. She is weakest one so far, discounting AOTC Ani. (18)

R6: Again 6 - 3 for each should do the trick. 2 vs 1 it would be hard for the jedis, but I still think they'd pull through, somewhat for the majority. (24)

R7: Same as the above honestly. But 2 for Ahsoka will do the trick. She is overrated. (29)

R8: This is just a slaughter, mainly because of Sidious. Maybe if 5 gank up on him they can overwhelm him, but I honestly don't know if numbers are of any use against him. I'll say 5 can either win, or no amount can win. 2 for Plagueis is enough, he is a scientist, not combatant. 1 for the aged Yoda, he is almost harmless. (37 or stop due to Sidious)

R9: Hard stop. 1 high tier can maybe get overwhelmed if he's attacked from all corners at once, but 4 high tiers back to back can clean house no matter how many mid tiers you throw at them. I've got 13 left but not even all 50 would win here. Stomp.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm. Regarding canon continuity EU, Darth Maul was more than capable of handling both Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, but while Padawan Kenobi wasn't far off from Master Jinn, he wasn't yet his match, and wouldn't become as much until well into the Clone Wars (at least, according to Count Dooku). Alone, Master Jinn can put up a fight against the ferocious Sith Lord, but in the end stands little chance against Darth Maul's powerful dark energies and mastery of physical combat. However, to pit two of Qui-Gon Jinn against Lord Maul... I'd say that's enough to turn the tide. Pretty hard to beat that, when only one represents a challenge. Qui-Gon is no slouch, after all, numbering among the finest of the Jedi Order's Masters, potentially rivaling Grand Master Yoda's connection to the Living Force, and defeating Jinn was the most famous of Darth Maul's achievements. Though he holds his own for a time, Darth Maul definitely goes down.

Qui-Gon Jinn prevails in the next round after a good fight, requiring only 2 from the pool of 48. Count Dooku fenced and bested Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi at this point in their lives, then tangled with them a few times afterwards as well, and came away believing that his lineage of Jedi training had only decreased with each generation in terms of formidability.

4, I think, would be needed here. One-to-one, Qui-Gon Jinn is a real challenge for any of these Masters, but I'm not of the opinion that he could prevail against such a force unless numbers are on his side. Setting aside the plethora of sources disagreeing with each other on the topic of Kit Fisto's duel with General Grievous on Vassek, Master Fisto's standing relative to Mace Windu himself is more impressive than how Master Jinn compares to Darth Maul -- in all the Jedi Order, Master Windu preferred no one as much as Master Fisto when it came to battling side-by-side, and Windu claimed that Fisto was more skilled with a lightsaber than anyone else. The renowned Agen Kolar, universally revered for his mastery of bladed combat, is held in similarly high esteem by Master Windu, who requests his presence in confronting Chancellor Palpatine specifically because of Master Kolar's celebrated lightsaber prowess. Saesee Tiin, another legendary Jedi warrior, is in all likelihood more of a toss-up against Master Jinn, who is also heralded as one of the Jedi Order's truly great Masters. Even so, I believe Master Tiin's telepathy would give him an edge.

Just 3 should suffice against Darth Tyranus and General Grievous. It's difficult to determine who would win between Grievous and Qui-Gon Jinn (the cyborg warrior is a better physical combatant, whereas Master Jinn is more experienced and has the Force on his side), but while Count Dooku is more than a match for his former student alone, and could challenge even two (as he managed against Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi at the end of the Clone Wars), it's too much. The elder Count is likely to perish before a conclusion is reached in Grievous' battle with Qui-Gon.

Probably 4 would be needed in this round. Darth Maul will take down Qui-Gon Jinn in single combat, for the ferocious Sith Lord is too powerful, too adept. Savage Opress isn't his brother's equal, but they're similarly formidable warriors, Savage having traded wins with Obi-Wan Kenobi and powered through Anakin Skywalker. By this point, Master Kenobi was more of a match for Darth Maul than Master Jinn appeared, so it's likely that Savage can overpower Qui-Gon too. However, Master Jinn's wisdom, better training, and greater experience will be more influential in a battle with someone like Savage instead of, say, Darth Maul, so it's no sure thing. Asajj Ventress has dueled Kenobi and Skywalker many times throughout the Clone Wars, always pressing them but never prevailing. This includes the earlier stages of the war, at whichpoint the aforementioned Jedi duo hadn't yet eclipsed Master Jinn, so Ventress wouldn't be able to triumph over Qui-Gon then. By the end of the war, though, Ventress has continued growing in strength, and maintains her relative parity with Master Kenobi -- by now, a version who has surpassed Master Jinn. Ventress solidifies this standing by matching Darth Maul above Raydonia, right after fighting Savage Opress to no conclusion. It's difficult to envision Asajj Ventress overcoming someone like Qui-Gon Jinn, but she's bested Jedi Masters before -- Luminara Unduli and Tholme can attest to that. You'd require another of Qui-Gon to turn the tide in his favour.

Rounds 6-7 are little different than round 4 -- 2 versus 2, Qui-Gon Jinn loses in a good fight, but with a 3rd, the veteran Jedi Master's team wins. Like Darth Maul, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader are superior combatants to Qui-Gon. I would favour Master Jinn over Ahsoka Tano in an excellent contest, but it is my opinion that Lord Vader would overwhelm Qui-Gon before Tano could be bested.

Exiled Master Yoda is powerful, but unarmed and on the threshold of death. With supreme effort, the ancient Jedi could muster the strength to put down Qui-Gon Jinn, but Yoda could very well lose. Darth Sidious is the deadliest of the Dark Lords, and if Darth Maul could markedly overmatch Qui-Gon and Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, it's plausible that Emperor Palpatine could successfully take out two of Master Jinn. Little is known of Darth Plagueis in canon continuity EU, but given the way Sidious speaks of him, Plagueis' knowledge of the dark side is practically unparalleled. Lord Sidious also completely attributes his lightsaber mastery to Darth Plagueis' training. In that light, Darth Plagueis should also manage well enough against 2, but for either Dark Lord of the Sith, 3 is too much. That is, unless the Sith employ the use of powers such as the dark side confusion haze, or the wall of concentrated hatred, thereby stunning Master Jinn's team, leaving their focus shattered. In a fair fight, 7 of Qui-Gon Jinn should be enough. With underhanded dark powers coming into play, though, who knows...

The final round is pretty much the same. Mace Windu and Yoda substitute Emperor Palpatine and Darth Plagueis, while Mother Talzin replaces exiled Yoda. Luke Skywalker has what it takes to defeat Qui-Gon Jinn after a trying competition, but his inexperience and lack of training may cost him.

Overall, yeah, Master Qui-Gon Jinn's team clears this gauntlet.