User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

> Elimination via Death or Knock-out.

> Random encounter.

> Starting distance: Close quarters.

> No prep time.

Setting: The Mustafar Planet. Unpopulated area.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Either way honestly.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Qui-Gon.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui Gon jinn

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon Jinn

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly, either way.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui Gon Takes This!

KigreTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump...

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a case can certainly be made for Zallow coming out on top here. I may be willing to try.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Jinn takes it 7/10 times.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50-50.

Avatar image for itachi_totsukablitz
Itachi_Totsukablitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Jinn.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Zallow in a brilliant fight

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon Jinn; he's the more powerful Force user, and his hype and feats as a swordsman do surpass Zen's.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The ease with which Zallow was cutting down the Empire's strongest warriors and the fact that he was contending so closely with Malgus leads me to believe that he can replicate any of Qui-Gon's dueling feats.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon Jinn; he's the more powerful Force user, and his hype and feats as a swordsman do surpass Zen's.

The ease with which Zallow was cutting down the Empire's strongest warriors and the fact that he was contending so closely with Malgus leads me to believe that he can replicate any of Qui-Gon's dueling feats.

Loading Video...

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to THINK it could go either way, but the simple fact of the matter is that Ven got beaten by Malgus on a light side nexus, and Qui-Gon got killed by TPM Maul (for whatever reason, whether he was caught off-guard or merely slow or weak), whom I like to consider NEAR Deceived Malgus, on neutral ground.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way or Qui Gon.

Th310rbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui Gon for a slim majority.

Also, I disagree that Zallow's fight against Malgus was particularly a "close" one.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I disagree that Zallow's fight against Malgus was particularly a "close" one.

considering malgus needed to use trickery to beat him, it was pretty close

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Malgus didn't trick him; he outsped him, used a spin to build momentum, then stabbed him right through his chestplate.

Th310rbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@th310rbit said:

Deception is a natural facet of lightsaber combat.

Objectively, all Zallow did in his fight with Malgus was to last for 8 seconds, more or less. Never in the novel it was stated that Malgus was hard pressed or something like that, only that he could defend everything Zallow threw at him but couldn't find an opening to counterattack...until he did, some seconds later.

Th310rbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@th310rbit said:

I disagree that Zallow's fight against Malgus was particularly a "close" one.

Yeah, obviously Zallow was getting stomped by Malgus...

I never said Malgus stomped Zallow...I said I don't consider their battle particularly "close" as some others did. You're free to argue otherwise if you consider that fighting Malgus for 6 seconds before being killed is a good showing on Zallow's part.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui Gon, in what could be a decent fight.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:
@th310rbit said:

Objectively, all Zallow did in his fight with Malgus was to last for 8 seconds, more or less. Never in the novel it was stated that Malgus was hard pressed or something like that, only that he could defend everything Zallow threw at him but couldn't find an opening to counterattack...until he did, some seconds later.

Objectively, all Zallow did in his fight with Malgus was to last for 8 seconds

I suppose we're excluding when he took all of malgus's force attacks and came out unfazed?

In other words they were evenly matched before malgus used ingenuinity to create an opening

I never said it wasn't or tried to say malgus's win wasn't fair and square, but when dealing with someone who isn't close to you, you shouldn't need it

Th310rbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@th310rbit said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@th310rbit said:

Objectively, all Zallow did in his fight with Malgus was to last for 8 seconds

I suppose we're excluding when he took all of malgus's force attacks and came out unfazed?

I was explicitly stating about the lightsaber engagement. But yes, while quickly recovering from a force blast from Malgus is a good feat, it's irrelevant to the discussion and Zallow was explicitly on the disadvantage, being thrown around like that.

In other words they were evenly matched before malgus used ingenuinity to create an opening

Yes. Evenly matched for 6 seconds before Zallow was killed for telegraphing his next attack to Malgus - and failing to react to Malgus' antecipation. The problem is right here. You focus on the part where Zallow exchange blows with Malgus evenly for some seconds and ignores the part where he dies rightly after. You cannot nitpick to analyze their fight.

I never said it wasn't or tried to say malgus's win wasn't fair and square, but when dealing with someone who isn't close to you, you shouldn't need it

Why not use it, if your enemy is giving you the opportunity? Zallow commited a blunder and failed to recover, and Malgus took advantage to kill him.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@th310rbit:he created the opening because zallow was able to land a hit on him, malgus then used ingenuinity. That wasn't a blunder on zallow's part, that was malgus being clever.

I was explicitly stating about the lightsaber engagement. But yes, while quickly recovering from a force blast from Malgus is a good feat, it's irrelevant to the discussion and Zallow was explicitly on the disadvantage, being thrown around like that.

A disadavantage that proved to be irrelevant in the fight as it didn't lead to anything.

The problem is right here. You focus on the part where Zallow exchange blows with Malgus evenly for some seconds and ignores the part where he dies rightly after. You cannot nitpick to analyze their fight.

And you're ignoring that zallow's death had nothing to do with a deficiency in martial skill or force power.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: He could have prevented it if he'd swung in time while Malgus had his back turned.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: malgus made it look like he was vulnerable, so zallow commited to efinish him off

Th310rbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@th310rbit:he created the opening because zallow was able to land a hit on him, malgus then used ingenuinity. That wasn't a blunder on zallow's part, that was malgus being clever.

A disadavantage that proved to be irrelevant in the fight as it didn't lead to anything.

I explicitly stated it was irrelevant to the discussion in my post lol. You bought it up and, when confrontated with an unfavourable argument, say it's irrelevant. So, basically, you agree with me.

The problem is right here. You focus on the part where Zallow exchange blows with Malgus evenly for some seconds and ignores the part where he dies rightly after. You cannot nitpick to analyze their fight.

And you're ignoring that zallow's death had nothing to do with a deficiency in martial skill or force power.

How? When Aryn used her master's blade in a tricky maneuver Malgus was quick and skillful enough to not be impaled by her. Zallow, on the other hand, fell for the first unorthodox maneuver Malgus used against him, after 6 seconds of duel.

Zallow isn't that close of Malgus as you say and Qui Gon is better than him, especially taking accolades in consideration.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: I really wouldn't count that as Malgus tricking him. When he said, "you were deceived", he wasn't talking about their lightsaber duel.

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Qui-Gon. Likely more powerful, more masterful and more skilled as a duelist.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: actually per the novel, he feinted getting hurt more than he actually was when zallow punched malgus's cybernetic mask to get him to leave himself exposed with a finishing strike.

How? When Aryn used her master's blade in a tricky maneuver Malgus was quick and skillful enough to not be impaled by her. Zallow, on the other hand, fell for the first unorthodox maneuver Malgus used against him, after 6 seconds of duel.

Thats tactical intelligence and the ability to adapt to the unorthodox, not pure martial skill.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Geistalt

@kbroskywalker: The mask isn't cybernetic, IIRC; it's a simple, non-integrated respirator.

Anyways, all Malgus did after getting his respirator pummeled was back up. He actually EXPOSED HIS BACK to Ven when the latter stepped out of his spin. Then he stabbed him in the chest before he could parry/react.

And that ALL took place IN THE JEDI TEMPLE.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: He per the novel was feinting weakness to get zallow to leave an opening, before he was being pressed and while zallow's strikes were all being dealt with, malgus couldn't launch a counter attack.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Geistalt

@kbroskywalker said:

@geistalt: He per the novel was feinting weakness to get zallow to leave an opening, before he was being pressed and while zallow's strikes were all being dealt with, malgus couldn't launch a counter attack.

Until afterwards, sure. I guess that might count as deception, if he knew Ven wouldn't be able to parry in time. But that still doesn't change the fact that Ven fell for it (and couldn't even beat him on the Jedi Temple's Force nexus).

You meant "feigning," by the way.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh....ill come out and defend my boy zallow here.......

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DaDivineKing

Ven.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: you're going to need to provide something indicating it was a force nexus, if anything the jedi all being killed should have strengthened the sith.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Ven fell for it

Fine but that says nothing of his martial skill or force pwoer. All it says he i can be outwitted, something qui gon has also shown vs maul.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:

@geistalt: you're going to need to provide something indicating it was a force nexus, if anything the jedi all being killed should have strengthened the sith.

Because killing Jedi in the Jedi Temple immediately makes it a dark side Force nexus. /sarcasm

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: i never said it was a darkside nexus, but sith have gotten stronger through death. Sidious for example grew in power when he killed plagueis.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Geistalt
@kbroskywalker said:

@geistalt: i never said it was a darkside nexus, but sith have gotten stronger through death. Sidious for example grew in power when he killed plagueis.

As far as we know, only Force wounds grow stronger by causing/experiencing death.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: sidious is not a force wound, that statement is false.