User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zapan871
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jinn all three. We didn't see enough of Ahsoka in Rebels to conclude how good she is. She might have grown drastically since the Clone Wars, or she might have only marginally grown. While the former is more possible, we just don't know yet.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Well, Filoni stated she is a great warrior by this time, implying she did improve at least noticeably.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87: It's certainly possible. Though I'll still wait for her new feats in Rebels before suggesting who'd win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Qui-Gon for the first. Unsure for the second, but probably Qui-Gon for the third.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh to early to tell.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if Ahsoka really did improve noticeably (which she seems like she did), it's plausible to suggest that she became more powerful than Qui-Gon (especially feat-wise), though I do believe Qui-Gon's connection to the Living Force is still stronger.

Regardless, I doubt she'd be a stronger duelist than somebody who was one of the best in the Order's twenty-five thousand year history, a peer of Mace Windu, somebody who outsparred considerably reputable swordfighters like Anoon Bondara, and held off Darth Maul, one of the most skilled swordsmen in Sith history (which is even longer than that of the Jedi's).

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, my opinion is that even TCW Ahsoka can challenge Qui Gon. She hels her own against both TCW Grievous (who, contrary to popular belief, is a very impressive duelist) and Ventress (who was unable to stomp her). The latter feat happened before Ahsoka's prime, and both those two duelists are noticeably or much better than Qui-Gon, so I think she has a chance against him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87: She's comparable but I doubt she's better than (or even with) him. Qui-Gon had a more impressive performance against Maul, who is better than either of those opponents. Depending on how much she advances in skill as of Rebels (which, technically, she shouldn't since she left the Order), she might be able to beat or match him, but at least she will challenge him, I agree.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

qui gon

Avatar image for thenuisancebird
TheNuisanceBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are we supposed to comp to a conclusion if we don't know anything about Ahsoka's ability and skill yet.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn :D

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenuisancebird: Well, I guess I was too hasty in making this thread. Use her TCW feats then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Regardless, I doubt she'd be a stronger duelist than somebody who was a peer of Mace Windu

That's not what the quote says. Also, peer implies equals or near-equals, which is something Jinn and Windu definitely aren't.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KJ27

Probably Ahsoka, in all honesty. Vader is stated to be in his combative prime during Rebels, and it seems that Ahsoka will be powerful enough to challenge him. That impresses me more than what Jinn has accomplished, personally. It should be a pretty decent fight though, of course.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not what the quote says. Also, peer implies equals or near-equals, which is something Jinn and Windu definitely aren't.

There's apparently an actual source where Mace admits Qui-Gon is one of his peers. I agree with you on the quote, though, if you're talking about the one with Anoon Bondara.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn all three. We didn't see enough of Ahsoka in Rebels to conclude how good she is. She might have grown drastically since the Clone Wars, or she might have only marginally grown. While the former is more possible, we just don't know yet.

What are you talking about? She has like 15 seconds of talking in rebels and you say THIS?

Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is stated to be very badass fighter, and she was the youngest Padawan in the clone wars with great feats to her rookie days, as well being a Jedi Knight under 4-5 years. She was prodigal to begin with and only gotten better as we see her effortlessly take down Inquisotors and stated by the show creators as better than before.

Still.... This freaking show sucks and we seen no real Lightsaber fighting from her at all yet but one time. I like to see her spar with Kenobi, Maul, or at least even Vader to gauge her better. It's bullshit. But then, that is the inherent weakness to Rebels. The time line. Only good Jedi left are fodder Jedi who survive order 66 mostly.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wolfrazer  Online
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Y U tag me?

On topic: Ahsoka.

Before you said Jinn.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah, 9 months ago before some massive development on Tano's part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 juiceboks  Moderator

So we're just gonna blow past the fact that the 5th Brother was also able to stalemate Ahsoka? The same Inquisitor that was easily dispatched by her with the 7th Sister's help just a few episodes ago? By all means, if it makes her duel against Vader any more questionable than it's not valid..amiright?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@juiceboks: Could the 5th Brother just not have simply improved? If Kanan and Ezra could throughout the show, don't see why their enemy isn't allowed to. Also it was more than just a few episodes later.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn still most likely.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@juiceboks said:

So we're just gonna blow past the fact that the 5th Brother was also able to stalemate Ahsoka? The same Inquisitor that was easily dispatched by her with the 7th Sister's help just a few episodes ago? By all means, if it makes her duel against Vader any more questionable than it's not valid..amiright?

So your saying Jinn himself is not questionable? I mean, he could not take Maul with Obi Wans help. Obi beat Maul on his own. How about Luminara unable to take Ventress givin her own feats, and still could not with Ahsoka's help? How about Dooku having issues with Anakin one on one, but then has no issues against Anakin and Obi together in many fights?

Hell Kanan beat Darth Maul blind, guess Kanan > Maul makes Mauls own feat questionable right? Riiiiight?

Get over it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashro44

@juiceboks said:

They didn't really stalemate. The fight just never concluded. Plus if anything that would be the outlier seeing as she stomped them earlier as you mentioned, and held her own with both Maul and Vader briefly, both of whom are far above the 5th brother. She seems to operate on a higher tier than the 5th brother more consistently. That is assuming that the inquisitors didn't just improve I guess.

EDIT: For the record I'm not saying Jinn loses but why would her showings against Maul or Vader not be valid or be inconsistent?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: Could the 5th Brother just not have simply improved? If Kanan and Ezra could throughout the show, don't see why their enemy isn't allowed to. Also it was more than just a few episodes later.

That is an unrealistic gap in skill to make up for in such a time. Given their last encounter had Kanan and Ezra stalemating them both, to have 5th Brother fend off both him and Ahsoka makes no sense. Maul was also able to fend off Ahsoka for a short time, but was stomped by Kanan in a duel that lasted 10 seconds? Why wasn't Ahsoka able to replicate this? What does that say about the gap between Maul and the Inquisitors, which is made more unclear given that Maul stomped 7th Sister in the Force?

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn dies

She fought a more powerful version of Maul, and held her own against Vader. Jinn has nothing compared to those feats

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JarJarBinks

@georgewbush:

more powerful version of Maul

But an arguably less skilled one.

held her own against Vader

Something Jinn can also do should Vader fight like he did against Ahsoka. He barely used the force.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44: It wasn't a definitive stalemate but it was a relatively even fight that never concluded, perhaps stalemate is the wrong term. She should be more skilled than the 5th Brother, and I would agree if not for the fact that Kanan was able to fight evenly with him in their last encounter but ended up stomping Maul in a hilarious fashion in the finale, which Ahsoka couldn't or didn't replicate. Until we're given more exposition on the finale, it's looking fairly questionable.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@juiceboks said:
@wolfrazer said:

That is an unrealistic gap in skill to make up for in such a time. Given their last encounter had Kanan and Ezra stalemating them both, to have 5th Brother fend off both him and Ahsoka makes no sense. Maul was also able to fend off Ahsoka for a short time, but was stomped by Kanan in a duel that lasted 10 seconds? Why wasn't Ahsoka able to replicate this? What does that say about the gap between Maul and the Inquisitors, which is made more unclear given that Maul stomped 7th Sister in the Force?

Yeah, lets ignore her Padawan days facing Grievous well, failing to be subdued by Obi and Anakin, doing well against a morals off Barriss twice, her getting the better of Vizsla, or as a total rookie owning three Magna Gaurds. Lets forget all this.

Now after many years, the more self train and less hot headed Ahsoka is inconsistent because you dont like it. I seen some crazy counters against Tano, but this one takes the cake.

I dont like Luke who cannot even fight two Magna Gaurds, and gets own by everyone and their mother in ESB timeline all of a sudden is Vader level by ROTJ. Still happen.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarjarbinks: Show me any reason why he became less skilled

Nah, Jinn was tiring rapidly and nearly died to Maul in his duel on Tattooine and was being toyed with against Maul on Naboo, this is the same Maul who admits he can't fight Vader on his own. Vader would tool Jinn in a fight, and yeah he did use the force he sent Ahsoka flying off the pyramid on Malachor

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@juiceboks said:
@wolfrazer said:

Yeah, lets ignore her Padawan days facing Grievous well, failing to be subdued by Obi and Anakin, doing well against a morals off Barriss twice, her getting the better of Vizsla, or as a total rookie owning three Magna Gaurds. Lets forget all this.

Now after many years, the more self train and less hot headed Ahsoka is inconsistent because you dont like it. I seen some crazy counters against Tano, but this one takes the cake.

You misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with Ahsoka doing well against Vader, given all of what you said and whatever else she went through over the 14 year gap between the TCW and Rebels. My qualms lie with the fact that all of the events that took place in the finale don't line up with what little exposition we have on them. Can you reasonably justify Kanan stomping Maul for example?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@juiceboks said:
@wolfrazer said:

You misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with Ahsoka doing well against Vader, given all of what you said and whatever else she went through over the 14 year gap between the TCW and Rebels. My qualms lie with the fact that all of the events that took place in the finale don't line up with what little exposition we have on them. Can you explain Kanan stomping Maul for example?

No I cannot. I myself did the WTH face.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush:

Show me any reason why he became less skilled

He went from outdueling one of the best duelists in the history of the Jedi and his padawan to dueling evenly for a short time with Ahsoka.

Jinn was tiring rapidly

After running in the desert. Otherwise, Jinn has shown great stamina, lol.

nearly died to Maul in his duel on Tattooine

Sure, but the otherway round could be said as well.

Maul notes that several times Jinn's blade come closer to him more times than he would have liked. Or somthin' like that.

was being toyed with against Maul on Naboo

Just a good showing for Maul. Shows he can adapt very well.

this is the same Maul who admits he can't fight Vader on his own.

Nah, TPM is younger, faster and probably more skilled.

and yeah he did use the force he sent Ahsoka flying off the pyramid on Malachor

Note how I said barely used the force, lol. Pls read.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It wasn't a definitive stalemate but it was a relatively even fight that never concluded, perhaps stalemate is the wrong term. She should be more skilled than the 5th Brother, and I would agree if not for the fact that Kanan was able to fight evenly with him in their last encounter but ended up stomping Maul in a hilarious fashion in the finale, which Ahsoka couldn't or didn't replicate. Until we're given more exposition on the finale, it's looking fairly questionable.

If my understanding is correct Kannan was in a state of force valor against Maul. Likewise this isn't the first time Maul has underestimated a lower tier character and paid the price for it. It was a stupid moment but I don't think it should take away from Ahsoka's feats in the episode, or the fact that when Maul was serious he held his own with all 3 inquisitors. As I said maybe there was PIS involved, but the PIS would probably be the 5th brother holding his own with Ahsoka.

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@juiceboks said:

If my understanding is correct Kannan was in a state of force valor against Maul. Likewise this isn't the first time Maul has underestimated a lower tier character and paid the price for it. It was a stupid moment but I don't think it should take away from Ahsoka's feats in the episode, or the fact that when Maul was serious he held his own with all 3 inquisitors. As I said maybe there was PIS involved, but the PIS would probably be the 5th brother holding his own with Ahsoka.

Don't you guys think it is ironic Maul blinded Kannan? . . .

. . . It was like when Starkiller blinded Kota.

Sam Witwer needs to stop blinding Jedi.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@juiceboks: How is it unrealistic? We don't even know how much time had passed before the finale. It's not unrealistic for Kanan and Ezra to improve on their own, but it is for the 5th Brother when he arguably has far more training resources?...Come on now.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarjarbinks:

He went from outdueling one of the best duelists in the history of the Jedi and his padawan to dueling evenly for a short time with Ahsoka.

You mean, the same Ahsoka who was stated as one of the top 3 or 4 duelists in Jedi history? The same chick who was stated as extremely skilled, as well as being a Jedi legend while still a Padawan? Not to mention, the same Padawan who was able to hold her own against Grievous, who fought evenly with SOD Maul. Sure, I guess that proves that Maul was less skilled, and that Ahsoka can't become good enough to stalemate prime Maul.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44 said:
@juiceboks said:

Maybe, but why though? And do you really believe Maul is incompetent enough to repeat the same mistake that nearly cost him his life, and was a driving factor for many of the decisions he made in TCW? I'm only saying that everything that happened in the finale should be taken into consideration, and as it stands it all doesn't add up.

@sirfizzwhizz Like I said, I don't have a problem with Ahsoka being somewhat comparable to Vader(I actually expected that) but given all the other stuff that happened I just feel like we should take that whole episode with a grain of salt until we get a word from the writer, or a novelization, or a sourcebook entry or something that gives us an explanation.

@wolfrazer Improved to the point where Maul could handle him and the other inquisitors simultaneously? Why would he perform that poorly against Maul, but be capable of fighting evenly with Ahsoka? And yet Maul was laughably stomped by Kanan, so what does that say about Ahsoka whom Maul was able to fend off? If Maul was capable of fighting them all off, then they couldn't have improved that much. But the 5th Brother did, considering he went from being treated as fodder by Ahsoka to dueling her more or less evenly.

My point is that a lot of what happened in the finale doesn't add up. As it stands we can only speculate on why certain events took place that at face value objectively contradict each other.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan871 said:

@jarjarbinks:

You mean, the same Ahsoka who was stated as one of the top 3 or 4 duelists in Jedi history?

As a huge Ahsoka fan, where is that located? I need it.