mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Quasar vs. Thor battle.

Not sure if this had been done before.

Wendell Vaughn version, so he has quantum bands. Standard Thor with Mjolnir.

Fight will take place on a random planet. no bfr. fight to the death.

Who wins and why?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's also say this is the time when Wendell has received cosmic awareness from Eon. Not sure it will make a difference with someone like Thor, but wanted to throw it out there.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 takenstew22  Moderator

Is this version more powerful than standard Quasar? Cause I think Thor can win against him in a tough fight.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: tough to say. They’re both heavyweights. Wanted to see what people think. I might lean towards Quasar but could go either way.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wendell's quantum bands is literally the equivalent of a lantern's ring, just w/ weaker showings. The only promising defensive capabilities Wendell has against Thor is his absorption. Wendell has shown to absorb blasts from the IG and counter attack w/ that energy. Essentially, Thor's energy attacks can be negated. Nonetheless, Thor outclasses in durability, strength and Mjolnir' FTL barrage attacks.

I would argue that Wendell has speed (i.e. faster combat) on his side, but I'm afraid I will be shut down by the very same Thor wankers that claim Thor's battle reflexes/dodges can keep up to the likes of Superman.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkprimesovereign: haha yes the Thor wankers who say he’s as fast as supes. I do think the bands are more powerful than the lanterns ring though. But same idea, energy projection that can do almost anything. If it came down to it do you think wendells time in the army could help him? It seems like he is pretty damn smart and a sort of tactical guy, having that calm mind is why he can even wear the bands. Thor doesn’t seem all that wise sometimes.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins close though.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this version more powerful than standard Quasar? Cause I think Thor can win against him in a tough fight.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartan101: I agree but any particular reason why you think?

SentryVoid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close, but I would bet on Thor, however for those that say GL > Quasar, what are you smoking? Quasar would beat GL mid-diff.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By destinyman75

@darkprimesovereign: You underestimate Thor severely I see...I don't think he's as fast as Clark Obviously but he's no Where near as slow as DC Fanboys say either...

To the matter at hand Thor would beat lanterns as well as Wendell here..In fact a weaker Thor already bested Wendell (Eric Masterson Thor)..Eric broke his contructs and was holding back while Wendell was going all out.. Thor with mjolnir Is just a bad match up Ring it braclet wearing foes.. Thor can drain Better then Wendell with mjolnir he's able to absorb ANY type of energy and redirect it back times ten literally.

Thor has absorbed galaxy level attack before Wendell hasn't really touched that level before.. ..And if we scale by both there fights With Silver surfer, Thor has beaten and stalemated Everytime while Wendell was handled by Norrin. Safe to say it's just a bad match up for Wendell here..

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mm7910:Honestly man, I would say it doesn't budge his winning chances. Thor has supposedly lived for thousands of years during his young youth (I believe his age was between 1.5k-2k years). Thor has fought hundreds of beings from generation to generation, especially ones w/ faster reflexes and still won the battle. Pretty sure he can keep up w/ Wendell's attacks.

@destinyman75: I never underestimated Thor and I just hinted Thor has far better chances in winning. All I made was an argument on how Wendell can handle Thor (and it was only one). Like I said before, Thor outclasses in durability, strength and Mjolnir' FTL barrage attacks.

Durability: None of Wendell's constructs is going to do severe harm. Thor can dish it out.

Strength: When it comes to combat, Thor has enough strength to possibly K/O Wendell in just a couple of hits.

Mjolnir' FTL barrage: F=ma. Wendell can create defensive constructs like shields but Mjolnir can break through them and make contact w/ Wendell. In other words, Wendell doesn't have the durability and neither his constructs to handle Thor's punches and/or his hammer's attacks.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: agree and disagree on stuff here. While i know Thor would win, I wouldn’t use the masterson example. Quasar was holding back, which he tends to do often and put people down gently. He’s fought surfer and the one fight they both held back, the other he said he can’t compete and it ended.

And for the draining part... Quasar can’t drain Mjolinir, but did you saw Thor has better draining than Quasar? That’s kind of insane. Quasar can drain equal or better to Surfer. Thor wins this due to strength but it may be closer than you make it sound.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is comfortably above Quasar, whom is more or less reliant on his energy based constructs and beams to grant him a win. Thor has stupid good durability and he has attacks fast and strong enough to potentially one-hit Quasar. One good hammer throw and he's out.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: do you think speed could help Quasar? He’s much faster than Thor. But i agree with most of your points.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mm7910: he's bit faster then Thor Actually he's fast on travel but Thor even beats him There.. Don't have any combat speed feats I remember?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mm7910: Actually Amora was mind controlling Wendell and he wasn't holding back at all. ERIC knowing This however was for most of it. Yes Wendell has more finesse at draining but Thor has more raw power and high end draining..

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Mostly agree. I do think it would be a tougher fight for Thor than many think though. Quasar is pretty damn powerful. It doesn't help though that Quasar can't do well against magic and that would effect his ability to stop Mjolinir. He can stop magic objects but not the actual magic, I believe. So in the end it would take a tool on him. Thanks for all your info.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mm7910: Oh Definitely a tough fight Masterson Thor was nearly defeated but overcome in the end... Wendell is a good fight for almost anyone herald level down

SentryWins43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor in a close fight, all things considered.

Also, yes this has been done many times before.