quasar vs captain mar-vell

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

7279

Forum Posts

296

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

vs

should be a very, very close battle. Who wins?

Avatar image for zenma
Zenma

5001

Forum Posts

517

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zenma

why are you still here?

Avatar image for zenma
Zenma

5001

Forum Posts

517

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zenma

bob99 says:

"Zenma says:
"why are you still here?"

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?"

because i am not a nincompoop compared to you

Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the creator

Quasar should win.

His force fields can withstand Mar-vells physical attacks and the force that his constructs can apply should be enough to incapacitate Mar-vell. Mar-vells photon blasts can be absorbed by Quasar so again limiting the attack options Mar-vell actually has.

The only issue I can see is Mar-vells cosmic awareness as this has sometimes provided insight in to how to defeat a foe.

Avatar image for acewasp23
acewasp23

6185

Forum Posts

1196

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By acewasp23

Zenma says:

"bob99 says:
"Zenma says:
"why are you still here?"
WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?"
because i am not a nincompoop compared to you"

dude dont get into it with him. trust me its not worth it. plus he's only going to feed into it.

Avatar image for zenma
Zenma

5001

Forum Posts

517

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zenma

it's fun lol

Avatar image for hadrelius
Hadrelius

8097

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hadrelius

I guess this comes down to which weapons is more powerful, the Nega-Bands or the Quantum-Bands? I gona agree with The_Crerator.

Avatar image for satyrquaze
Satyrquaze

4539

Forum Posts

56343

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Satyrquaze

The Quantum-Bands outclass the Nega-Bands by leaps and bounds.

Don't get me wrong, Mar-Vell is a superior soldier, but Vaughn is quite good and rendering his opponents defenseless without hurting them.

[fanboy]Quasar owns!!!!!!! 1.Quasar can NEVER die even if completly destroyed he would return again even stronger 2.he is much bigger than Marvel 3.Quasar has a early-warning sensory array sensitive up to a lightyear. 4. Quasar is da bomb!!! [/fanboy]
Post Edited:2008-05-16 09:50:00

Avatar image for satyrquaze
Satyrquaze

4539

Forum Posts

56343

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Satyrquaze

Ebony Bishop says:

"Heh -- or, they'll **both** die, and become one person! And she'll be a hot lesbian! Naw, that'd never happen."

Nothing personal... but I hate you and want you to die. j/k

Actually, its Phyla I hate.

Avatar image for ebony_bishop
Ebony Bishop

792

Forum Posts

2005

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Heh -- or, they'll both die, and become one person! And she'll be a hot lesbian!

Naw, that'd never happen.

Avatar image for scarlet_thor
Scarlet Thor

1178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Quasar by far

Avatar image for ebony_bishop
Ebony Bishop

792

Forum Posts

2005

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I much prefer Wendell to Phylla as well. I think she's sort of ridiculously bad at using the bands. She's also a poorly written character, who sadly is in a great book.

But yes, Wendell vs. Mar-Vell, I side with Quasar as well.

Avatar image for king_saturn
King Saturn

225343

Forum Posts

509

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By King Saturn

Quasar would win here against Mar-Vell

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure who the picture is of...heh.

No disrespect to Q-fans, it'd be good, but give the legend his due.

I think if Wen-Dell was a real person, he'd tell you the same thing. "That's Captain Marvel, he just finds a way."

Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By the creator
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"I'm not sure who the picture is of...heh.No disrespect to Q-fans, it'd be good, but give the legend his due. I think if Wen-Dell was a real person, he'd tell you the same thing. "That's Captain Marvel, he just finds a way." "
It's a picture of Quasar from the Anniliation storyline.
And saying that Capt Marvel would find a way is not a strong argument for him winning.
Avatar image for vance_astro
vance_astro

90095

Forum Posts

51511

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Terrible match-up.Quasar obviously wins.

Avatar image for omg_chris
Omg chris

1601

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Omg chris

Quasar

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I dunno about that, I think it'd be good, either way...based primarily on the quantum bands, are they technically more powerful than the nega bands, however some similiar in range of power? I've seen the nega bands do soome pretty out there stuff in recent times. However, I think you may be onto some thing there technically speaking. As as an outright fight here, I think Mar-Vell would get the slight edge based on hand to hand and intelligence as far as battle is concerned.

I don't have any problem with Quasar, so do go postal or anything, I just Mar-Vell wins this.

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I just think Mar-Vell wins, based on better battle skills, more experience and a better understanding of the cosmic awareness than most.
I think the legends takes this.

I often wonder what Mar-Vell would look like had he given the chance to evolve over time with new artists and things.

You have to know that they are obviously from the same tree, especially Gruenwald's Quasar in particular, he's even said that was a tribute to Captain Mar-Vell. I'm not saying he's rip off or anything like that, so get defensive, I'm not attacking anyone personally, but just for discussion's sake, there are some similiarities, perhpas not as many as there once were but just for conversation purposes.


Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By the creator
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"I dunno about that, I think it'd be good, either way...based primarily on the quantum bands, are they technically more powerful than the nega bands, however some similiar in range of power? I've seen the nega bands do soome pretty out there stuff in recent times. However, I think you may be onto some thing there technically speaking. As as an outright fight here, I think Mar-Vell would get the slight edge based on hand to hand and intelligence as far as battle is concerned.I don't have any problem with Quasar, so do go postal or anything, I just Mar-Vell wins this. "
Try posting evidence to back up your claims and we will all listen and, if your argument is logical, agree with you.
However Mar-vell's power set does not look to be able to overcome that or Quasar.
Avatar image for aronmorales
Aronmorales

9735

Forum Posts

173

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Aronmorales

What can Quasar and Capt. Mar-vell do again?

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

@the creator said:
"@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"I dunno about that, I think it'd be good, either way...based primarily on the quantum bands, are they technically more powerful than the nega bands, however some similiar in range of power? I've seen the nega bands do soome pretty out there stuff in recent times. However, I think you may be onto some thing there technically speaking. As as an outright fight here, I think Mar-Vell would get the slight edge based on hand to hand and intelligence as far as battle is concerned.I don't have any problem with Quasar, so do go postal or anything, I just Mar-Vell wins this. "
Try posting evidence to back up your claims and we will all listen and, if your argument is logical, agree with you.However Mar-vell's power set does not look to be able to overcome that or Quasar."

That's exactly what I did.

Mar-Vell: Smarter, mastered cosmic awareness, much better fighting skills and experience.
Quasar: Equal or arguably more energy driven attacks from the quantum bands, however, the nega bands are close enough, it's not that much of a difference maker, it won't matter. Good fight, but:

The legend wins.

What other way can I point that out?

Where is the evidence that Quasar would win?

It's never happened to my knowledge, so the discussion itself is all speculative.
Avatar image for geraldthesloth
geraldthesloth

32690

Forum Posts

244

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By geraldthesloth

I think Quasar could win after a great fight.

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Personally, if you like Captain Mar-Vell, or you like Quasar, more power to you but as far as the discussion itself goes, I have a question:

You keep saying show me 'evidence' of something that I already explained in depth why 'character A' would win in such a fight.

These are fictional characters we have nothing but our own logic to base these things on when they've never happened in comic books.

So I ask you, where is your said 'evidence'?

I think character A's intellect, fighting skills, resourcefulness due in part to his awareness, combined with his energy skills and use trumps character b's arguably higher energy levels in a true fight.  Though it would be good.

What more can you say if it never happened? The entire premise of the discussion is based upon speculations. Does that mean one is any better than the other? No.

Where is such "evidence"?

You're losing my interest here.

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I mean really, no bands....Mar-Vell vs. Wen-Dell...

 

C'mon...

Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By the creator
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"@the creator said:
"@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"I dunno about that, I think it'd be good, either way...based primarily on the quantum bands, are they technically more powerful than the nega bands, however some similiar in range of power? I've seen the nega bands do soome pretty out there stuff in recent times. However, I think you may be onto some thing there technically speaking. As as an outright fight here, I think Mar-Vell would get the slight edge based on hand to hand and intelligence as far as battle is concerned.I don't have any problem with Quasar, so do go postal or anything, I just Mar-Vell wins this. "
Try posting evidence to back up your claims and we will all listen and, if your argument is logical, agree with you.However Mar-vell's power set does not look to be able to overcome that or Quasar."
That's exactly what I did.Mar-Vell: Smarter, mastered cosmic awareness, much better fighting skills and experience.Quasar: Equal or arguably more energy driven attacks from the quantum bands, however, the nega bands are close enough, it's not that much of a difference maker, it won't matter. Good fight, but:The legend wins.What other way can I point that out?Where is the evidence that Quasar would win?It's never happened to my knowledge, so the discussion itself is all speculative. "
What evidence.
Mar-vell fires energy blasts that Quasar can absorb.
Quasar can quantum armour up and have greater strength and durability.
Quasar can encapsulate Mar-vell in a quantum bubble and squeeze.
Mar-vell is outgunned and does not have the versatility of power that Quasar has.
Yes Mar-vell is the better hand to hand fighter but Quasar's power set overcomes that of Mar-vell's.

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Okay, I can respect your claims now that you actually practiced what you preached so to speak...but really, I mean, really, do you honestly believe Wendell Vaughn as cool as he may be, would actually defeat the original, Mar-Vell in a fight on even playing field were it to happen?

Just a yes or no will suffice...all respect here.

Avatar image for hadrelius
Hadrelius

8097

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By Hadrelius

Seems we had the same idea. Yours have more hits on it though. They need to close the other.
Quasar for the win. Greater power there.

Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

1789

Forum Posts

330

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Quasar should win here. The Quantumbands are a more powerful weapon and he is quite adept at using them.

Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By the creator
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"Okay, I can respect your claims now that you actually practiced what you preached so to speak...but really, I mean, really, do you honestly believe Wendell Vaughn as cool as he may be, would actually defeat the original, Mar-Vell in a fight on even playing field were it to happen?Just a yes or no will suffice...all respect here. "
I most always practice what I preach but most of us who understand the power sets of both characters see Quasar winning.
Thus to my mind the burder of proof falls to you to show we are werong.
In the debating cycle here, you need to make your case for why Mar-vell would win i.e. he projects an energy form that Quasar can't absorb or he is strong enough to punch through Quasar's quantum armour. Those arguemts allow you to sway our opinion but so far we had not seen this kind of logical evidence.
Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Wow, that's pretty arrogant to assume your speaking for everyone even if they have the feeling as you in this particular discussion.
Even Quasar supporters here, if I were one, it's just a battle thread, I'd be insulted by someone speaking FOR me instead of at least fairly assesing the other side.
I've given you my analyzation of the skills involved in these characters. Mar-Vell can use his photonic nega band driven energy in creative ways like he did in the Moench/Broderick run, to create a shield protecting an entire planet with his trail from missles of destruction.

I still don't think your getting it, whether you agree or not is fine, I don't think you've researched Mar-Vell enough other than a couple issues and a very inaccurate handbook rating system. He's used them to turn molecules into whatever he wanted before, even clothes.

He's not as arrogant as that, but make no mistake, he will fin this fight if pressed.

 

What we're really debating here is 2 things:
1. The Quantum bands being slightly more powerful than the nega bands, are they?
                                                                             
2. The guy behind the bands is a far more resourceful warrior. This guy is a trained killer. He chooses to be a hero.
 
I think when an expert warrior is given an arguably slightly less but similiar weapon and an average to good at best warrior has a slightly superior one (which is arguable), I'll take the expert.

You have yet to exchange logical discussion and rather use the thread as a popularity contest.

Mar-Vell was first, by the way, and doesn't have the luxury of the evolution of comics interpretation of power.


                 

Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By the creator
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"

Wow, that's pretty arrogant to assume your speaking for everyone even if they have the feeling as you in this particular discussion.
Even Quasar supporters here, if I were one, it's just a battle thread, I'd be insulted by someone speaking FOR me instead of at least fairly assesing the other side.
I've given you my analyzation of the skills involved in these characters. Mar-Vell can use his photonic nega band driven energy in creative ways like he did in the Moench/Broderick run, to create a shield protecting an entire planet with his trail from missles of destruction.

I still don't think your getting it, whether you agree or not is fine, I don't think you've researched Mar-Vell enough other than a couple issues and a very inaccurate handbook rating system. He's used them to turn molecules into whatever he wanted before, even clothes.

He's not as arrogant as that, but make no mistake, he will fin this fight if pressed.

 

What we're really debating here is 2 things:
1. The Quantum bands being slightly more powerful than the nega bands, are they?
                                                                             
2. The guy behind the bands is a far more resourceful warrior. This guy is a trained killer. He chooses to be a hero.
 
I think when an expert warrior is given an arguably slightly less but similiar weapon and an average to good at best warrior has a slightly superior one (which is arguable), I'll take the expert.

You have yet to exchange logical discussion and rather use the thread as a popularity contest.

Mar-Vell was first, by the way, and doesn't have the luxury of the evolution of comics interpretation of power.


                 

"
It's not arrogant. I don't presume to speak for everyone but I simply looked at the thread and everyone else but you said Quasar wins.
So potentially
1. Everyone was swayed by my arguments
2. Everyone was put off by your arguments
3. People actually know the characters
4. A mix of the above
 
So me saying "I most always practice what I preach but most of us who understand the power sets of both characters see Quasar winning." is me speaking for everone else.
I tend to think of it as summarising the overwhelming agreement that people have registered here to say Quasar beats Capt Marvel.
I always assess the other side. Maybe you should try and look at a persons posting history before throwing out a comment like that.

Skills don't always win battles particularly when there is a significant power difference.
Capt Marvel has only occasional showings of power at the levels you describe - shielding a planet.
In most of his appearances he displays a lot lower p[ower level that appears to be his more avarage level.
Just like other characters have, his power level sesawed, and that is why I tend to look at the avaerage power level a character displays. It gives you a better feel for how the battle would behave in most circumstances.

You can belive what you want about my knowledge of capt Marvel. I have seen him face Thanos in hand to hand combat. I've seen him fight Ronan and many others. I don't rely on just handbook entries but look at the feats that a character performs but if you had done any homework on my previous postings you would have realised this.
Let's see. How often has he used his ability to manipulate matter then on anything other than his clothes.....please post details because that is what we need to make informed opinions. Details, facts, evidence.

How does this
He's not as arrogant as that, but make no mistake, he will fin this fight if pressed.
show facts ?

The Quantum bands are a conduit to the Quantum Zone.. They have a massive ability to absorb energy of virtually any kind. They can be used to create hard energy constructs like a Green Lantern does. They can create forcefields and permit travel via Quantum Jumps - teleportation across galactic distances. Quasar has applied Quantum Armour to himself, effectively raising his durability to levels that enable him to takes blows from beings as powerful as Thor (even if for a short period of time) and also enhance his strength to similar massive levels.
Quasar has trapped beings in the Qunatum Zone before via his Quantum jumps.
Quasar has easily absorbed the power of a star drive before to his acapacity to 'drink' energy is huge.

All of this has been logical fact based debate.
You can look at a characters feats and make fact based decisions.
So now show me where the logical detailed facts are for Marvel winning in the following,

I dunno about that, I think it'd be good, either way...based primarily on the quantum bands, are they technically more powerful than the nega bands, however some similiar in range of power? I've seen the nega bands do soome pretty out there stuff in recent times. However, I think you may be onto some thing there technically speaking. As as an outright fight here, I think Mar-Vell would get the slight edge based on hand to hand and intelligence as far as battle is concerned.
I don't have any problem with Quasar, so do go postal or anything, I just Mar-Vell wins this.

I just think Mar-Vell wins, based on better battle skills, more experience and a better understanding of the cosmic awareness than most.
I think the legends takes this.
I often wonder what Mar-Vell would look like had he given the chance to evolve over time with new artists and things.
You have to know that they are obviously from the same tree, especially Gruenwald's Quasar in particular, he's even said that was a tribute to Captain Mar-Vell. I'm not saying he's rip off or anything like that, so get defensive, I'm not attacking anyone personally, but just for discussion's sake, there are some similiarities, perhpas not as many as there once were but just for conversation purposes.


That's exactly what I did.
Mar-Vell: Smarter, mastered cosmic awareness, much better fighting skills and experience.
Quasar: Equal or arguably more energy driven attacks from the quantum bands, however, the nega bands are close enough, it's not that much of a difference maker, it won't matter. Good fight, but:
The legend wins.
What other way can I point that out?
Where is the evidence that Quasar would win?
It's never happened to my knowledge, so the discussion itself is all speculative.


Personally, if you like Captain Mar-Vell, or you like Quasar, more power to you but as far as the discussion itself goes, I have a question:
You keep saying show me 'evidence' of something that I already explained in depth why 'character A' would win in such a fight.
These are fictional characters we have nothing but our own logic to base these things on when they've never happened in comic books.
So I ask you, where is your said 'evidence'?
I think character A's intellect, fighting skills, resourcefulness due in part to his awareness, combined with his energy skills and use trumps character b's arguably higher energy levels in a true fight.  Though it would be good.
What more can you say if it never happened? The entire premise of the discussion is based upon speculations. Does that mean one is any better than the other? No.
Where is such "evidence"?
You're losing my interest here.


Avatar image for truepwnge
TruePwnge

2798

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By TruePwnge

Quasar owns

but Mar-Vell would give him a great fight

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

@the creator said:


No, all the posters on this thread were not "swayed" by your opinion, they thought for themselves, you really shouldn't take credit for that. Even if they didn't agree with me, I still respect everyone's opinion as individuals and don't take credit for them if I'm right or wrong.

If you actually believe that a replacement, one of which in a long line of them, of Captain Marvel, which whether you want to admit it or not, is what Quasar is, would actually win this fight, more power to you.

*Kindest Regards
Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

349

Forum Posts

5125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0


Basically, it's not always the weapons used, It's the man using them. 
 
Captain Marvel wins.
Avatar image for the_creator
the creator

8571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By the creator
@the creator said:
" @Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"

Wow, that's pretty arrogant to assume your speaking for everyone even if they have the feeling as you in this particular discussion.
Even Quasar supporters here, if I were one, it's just a battle thread, I'd be insulted by someone speaking FOR me instead of at least fairly assesing the other side.
I've given you my analyzation of the skills involved in these characters. Mar-Vell can use his photonic nega band driven energy in creative ways like he did in the Moench/Broderick run, to create a shield protecting an entire planet with his trail from missles of destruction.

I still don't think your getting it, whether you agree or not is fine, I don't think you've researched Mar-Vell enough other than a couple issues and a very inaccurate handbook rating system. He's used them to turn molecules into whatever he wanted before, even clothes.

He's not as arrogant as that, but make no mistake, he will fin this fight if pressed.

 

What we're really debating here is 2 things:
1. The Quantum bands being slightly more powerful than the nega bands, are they?
                                                                             
2. The guy behind the bands is a far more resourceful warrior. This guy is a trained killer. He chooses to be a hero.
 
I think when an expert warrior is given an arguably slightly less but similiar weapon and an average to good at best warrior has a slightly superior one (which is arguable), I'll take the expert.

You have yet to exchange logical discussion and rather use the thread as a popularity contest.

Mar-Vell was first, by the way, and doesn't have the luxury of the evolution of comics interpretation of power.


                 

"
It's not arrogant. I don't presume to speak for everyone but I simply looked at the thread and everyone else but you said Quasar wins.
So potentially
1. Everyone was swayed by my arguments
2. Everyone was put off by your arguments
3. People actually know the characters
4. A mix of the above
 
So me saying "I most always practice what I preach but most of us who understand the power sets of both characters see Quasar winning." is me speaking for everone else.
I tend to think of it as summarising the overwhelming agreement that people have registered here to say Quasar beats Capt Marvel.
I always assess the other side. Maybe you should try and look at a persons posting history before throwing out a comment like that.

Skills don't always win battles particularly when there is a significant power difference.
Capt Marvel has only occasional showings of power at the levels you describe - shielding a planet.
In most of his appearances he displays a lot lower p[ower level that appears to be his more avarage level.
Just like other characters have, his power level sesawed, and that is why I tend to look at the avaerage power level a character displays. It gives you a better feel for how the battle would behave in most circumstances.

You can belive what you want about my knowledge of capt Marvel. I have seen him face Thanos in hand to hand combat. I've seen him fight Ronan and many others. I don't rely on just handbook entries but look at the feats that a character performs but if you had done any homework on my previous postings you would have realised this.
Let's see. How often has he used his ability to manipulate matter then on anything other than his clothes.....please post details because that is what we need to make informed opinions. Details, facts, evidence.

How does this
He's not as arrogant as that, but make no mistake, he will fin this fight if pressed.
show facts ?

The Quantum bands are a conduit to the Quantum Zone.. They have a massive ability to absorb energy of virtually any kind. They can be used to create hard energy constructs like a Green Lantern does. They can create forcefields and permit travel via Quantum Jumps - teleportation across galactic distances. Quasar has applied Quantum Armour to himself, effectively raising his durability to levels that enable him to takes blows from beings as powerful as Thor (even if for a short period of time) and also enhance his strength to similar massive levels.
Quasar has trapped beings in the Qunatum Zone before via his Quantum jumps.
Quasar has easily absorbed the power of a star drive before to his acapacity to 'drink' energy is huge.

All of this has been logical fact based debate.
You can look at a characters feats and make fact based decisions.
So now show me where the logical detailed facts are for Marvel winning in the following,

I dunno about that, I think it'd be good, either way...based primarily on the quantum bands, are they technically more powerful than the nega bands, however some similiar in range of power? I've seen the nega bands do soome pretty out there stuff in recent times. However, I think you may be onto some thing there technically speaking. As as an outright fight here, I think Mar-Vell would get the slight edge based on hand to hand and intelligence as far as battle is concerned.
I don't have any problem with Quasar, so do go postal or anything, I just Mar-Vell wins this.

I just think Mar-Vell wins, based on better battle skills, more experience and a better understanding of the cosmic awareness than most.
I think the legends takes this.
I often wonder what Mar-Vell would look like had he given the chance to evolve over time with new artists and things.
You have to know that they are obviously from the same tree, especially Gruenwald's Quasar in particular, he's even said that was a tribute to Captain Mar-Vell. I'm not saying he's rip off or anything like that, so get defensive, I'm not attacking anyone personally, but just for discussion's sake, there are some similiarities, perhpas not as many as there once were but just for conversation purposes.


That's exactly what I did.
Mar-Vell: Smarter, mastered cosmic awareness, much better fighting skills and experience.
Quasar: Equal or arguably more energy driven attacks from the quantum bands, however, the nega bands are close enough, it's not that much of a difference maker, it won't matter. Good fight, but:
The legend wins.
What other way can I point that out?
Where is the evidence that Quasar would win?
It's never happened to my knowledge, so the discussion itself is all speculative.


Personally, if you like Captain Mar-Vell, or you like Quasar, more power to you but as far as the discussion itself goes, I have a question:
You keep saying show me 'evidence' of something that I already explained in depth why 'character A' would win in such a fight.
These are fictional characters we have nothing but our own logic to base these things on when they've never happened in comic books.
So I ask you, where is your said 'evidence'?
I think character A's intellect, fighting skills, resourcefulness due in part to his awareness, combined with his energy skills and use trumps character b's arguably higher energy levels in a true fight.  Though it would be good.
What more can you say if it never happened? The entire premise of the discussion is based upon speculations. Does that mean one is any better than the other? No.
Where is such "evidence"?
You're losing my interest here.
"

Still waiting for that evidence. 
Try showing some rational facts for why he would win. 
Avatar image for masterkungfu
MasterKungFu

20773

Forum Posts

9757

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Tough fight, tending towards Mar-vell unless swayed.

Avatar image for mrtrickster
mrtrickster

3105

Forum Posts

120

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

how is this a tough fight, quasar stomps with his eyes closed