Quasar against your team of 5 Sith or Jedi

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Quasar against your team of five Sith or Jedi.

Quasar against...?
Quasar against...?

Battle takes place in the swamps of Degobah. They start 50' apart. They all have a basic knowledge of each other. Morals off. Even if your team is composed of both Sith and Jedi, they will work well together. No speed blitzing.

To be honest, I only know about about EU Sith and Jedi from browsing through wiki sites. So just in case there are any Jedi/Sith who are semi-omnipotent or anything, I will say no one is allowed on the team who would solo the fight.

One basic question in this fight: Quasar can absorb/siphon/control energy. Could he do so to Force energy? He is also traditionally immune to psionic control. Would this apply to Force mind control?

I'm curious to hear who you would put together, and why you think they would win.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Quasar.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Quasar.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@venomoushatred1001 said:

Quasar.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

I think the 2 posts above are saying quasar can kill any 5 jedi or sith. Which is probably true.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Darth Nihilus
Palpatine
Exar Kun
Naga Sadow
Darth Bane

Don't know much about Quasar, but how does he do against spirits?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

Darth Nihilus Palpatine Exar Kun Naga Sadow Darth Bane Don't know much about Quasar, but how does he do against spirits?

I was waiting to see if you were going to comment, JediXMan!

If by spirits you more or less mean magic, Quasar is not especially strong against it. He's not especially weak against magic, but I don't think his powers work well against it.

I'm curious what you think about this theory--the Force is carried by the midi-chlorians, right? So is it technically "energy," or is it more biological or spiritual? If it's pure energy, Quasar can possibly siphon it off, depending on how fine the Sith's control is. But if it's not really energy but some more spiritual/biological thing, then perhaps it's beyond his control.

Also, from what I read, some of the Force mind trick is closer to hypnosis, using modulations of the voice, and not straight-up telepathy. Again, telepathy is something he's immune to, but hypnosis is something else.

I notice your list is all Sith. So are there no Jedi as powerful as the most powerful Sith?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Owie

No, by spirits I mean actual spirits. Ghosts. The guys I mentioned can possess other people and transfer their souls.

Luke Skywalker is probably #1 overall. But I was mainly listing those that are more known for Essence Transfer (can't recall how proficient Naga Sadow was, though).
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@JediXMan: I'm really interested in this. How powerfull exactly is Luke ? Also do you have any recomended reading from Star Wars ? I'm pretty clueless about the story I just watched the movies.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@TheMightyAvenger

Feats for Luke:

Used TK to rebuild a castle
Destroyed said castle also using TK
Stood there and took a blast from an AT-AT without flinching (AT-AT = giant walkers in Empire Strikes Back), deflected another shot from the AT-AT, and then knocked it over with TK without any effort.
Moved so fast it appeared as if he was using 10-20 lightsabers.
Manipulated small black holes
Teleported objects
Cast an illusion that only a single person could see (Luke wasn't even near the person. He was a hyperspace jump away)
Hid his presence from all but a single person.

And more.

Reading Star Wars is rather difficult. There are different eras. While all of the eras are canon, they're typically treated separately, since some have so many years separating them.  One era actually takes place thousands of years before the movies. All depends on what you like. 

If you want to read the comics, novels, or both, you can PM me.
_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Beastmaster_
@JediXMan said:
Darth Nihilus Palpatine Exar Kun Naga Sadow Darth Bane
I'm just going to quote this since your the only person who could possibly give a right answer.LOL
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@JediXMan: Wow Luke is truly awesome.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

@Owie: No, by spirits I mean actual spirits. Ghosts. The guys I mentioned can possess other people and transfer their souls. Luke Skywalker is probably #1 overall. But I was mainly listing those that are more known for Essence Transfer (can't recall how proficient Naga Sadow was, though).

I think the Sith could conceivably take it then. I think he'd be susceptible to possession, if it was more of a "spiritual" rather than a "psionic" possession. Sort of splitting hairs there, but I see a difference.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Owie

One could argue that it's both, but no, it's not a takeover like a telepath takes someone over. It's actual possession. When Palpatine "died" on Endor, his spirit roamed the galaxy until it came to Byss, where he entered a clone body. He tried to possess the baby Anakin Solo. It's not his mind that he is transferring, but his very soul.

Palpatine could also manipulate the souls of others. He tortured Bevel Lamelisk, basically, by having him die a painful death. Right before his death, Palpatine transferred his soul into another body.
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan: You sir are my hero.