shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shirso

Hey all!

I have always felt that OP speed is the most underrated among the major shonen verses on the Forums, with many people actually believing that all speed in OP somehow scales from Luffy kicking lightning in Skypiea.

Well no, that is rubbish, and this is my humble attempt to set things right.

One Piece actually has plenty of good speed feats, and as a fun intellectual activity, I set out to quantify a few of these.

The results, for lack of a better word, were surprising.

Read on.

Feat#1: The Meteorite

This is arguably one of OP's most prominent speed feats. We have two high tiers (Doflamingo and Law) and one top tier (Fujitora) react to and slice apart a meteorite that was summoned by Fujitora.

First the scans.

Now let's try to put a number on it.

First of all, Fujitora pulled the meteorite from outer space, and meteorites are at an average 100km from the earth's surface.

Next to put a timeframe, in the first scan, notice that Fujitora raised his sword and the meteorite was near instantly visible as a speck in the sky. It's reasonable to assume the meteorite travelled from outer space to a point where it was visible to the naked eye in the time frame it took for Fuji to raise his sword a few inches.

This time frame should logically be in the milli seconds as Fuji is a massively hypersonic character, but to be conservative let's assume the meteorite covered that distance in a second.

For the distance it covered, let's take it as 50 km, half of 100km as it had still not reached the ground.

So, 50km in 1 second which comes to about Mach 143

Since apparently the meteorite slowed down a bit after that point (as the other Marines could see it), I think it's more than reasonable to put this feat at Mach 100 or low triple digits.

This doesn't diminish Law, Doffy and Fuji's feat in any way because those 3 reacted to the meteorite only after it was about a dozen meters away from them.

Moving on...

Feat#2: Boundman moving FTE to Dofamingo over a city block

No Caption Provided

As the scan shows Boundman was first flying towards and then became completely FTE to Doffy over the length of a city block, instantly appearing right beside Doflamingo without the latter even realizing it.

Average length of a city block is 200m, Luffy obviously had to cover a larger distance because he was at a massive elevation compared to Doffy as well (he was on the royal plateau while Doffy was at ground level in the city).

But to be conservative, let's say Luffy moved 100m there.

Now to put a time frame, we need a value for Doffy's reaction speed.

If we take that Doffy reacted to a Mach 100+ meteorite from a distance of 10 metres by the previous calc, we would get a value of less than 1 mili second for Doffy's reactions.

But again, to be conservative, let's assume he reacted to a Mach 33 meteorite ( minimum speed of meteorite) from a distance of 10 metres, which would give that Doffy can react in a mili second (actually even less).

So to be FTE to Doffy there, Luffy needed to cover 100 metres in a timeframe less than 1 mili second, which put Boundman's flight speed at Mach 286 at minimum.

This scales to Boundman's reactions as well because Luffy stopped right beside Doffy, and possibly his combat speed as well (because Luffy flies by kicking his legs).

If you go by the previous calc and take the speed of the meteorite at Mach 100, it would bump Boundman's speed by 3 times or Mach 858

But is high triple digit mach consistent?

Actually it is in my opinion, at least for the top tiers, as the next and last feat proves...

Feat#3: Aokiji flash freezing Doflamingo before the latter could kill Smoker

So basically Aokiji flash freezes Doffy along with a large swathe of land before the latter can kill Smoker. Notice the top left most panel of the first scan. Doffy's hand is already moving before Aokiji attacks, which is also consistent with the plot (Aokiji only attacked Doffy when he saw Doffy starting to attack. He had no intention of attacking Doffy otherwise).

Doffy is 3 metres tall, and assuming he nearly completed one entire arm extension before he got completely frozen, he moved 1.5 metres .

As for how much land Aokiji froze in that time, let's take it as 50 metres, which is very reasonable considering the 2nd scan shows them as a speck compared to the area Aokiji froze.

Now, again, let's take the conservative estimate and say Doffy's combat speed is Mach 33 from the meteorite feat.

So, now we have both a distance and a time frame, and we can calculate the speed of Aokiji's flash freeze.

It's simple arithmetic now:

50 metres/ Aokiji's flash freeze speed = 1.5 metres/Doffy's combat speed (or Mach 33)

Which puts Aokiji's flash freeze speed at Mach 1100

Taking Doffy's combat speed as Mach 100 would put Aokiji's flash freeze speed over Mach 3k

This is actually consistent with Aokiji, as his flash freezes have frozen oceans extending past the horizon instantly.

No Caption Provided

And quad machs for the top tiers isn't unreasonable at all considering a low mid tier like Brook has been able to intercept natural cloud lightning at near point blank range.

No Caption Provided

So that's that folks, tell me what you think!

I plan to do a similar thread soon for some of the dc feats in OP as well, especially Luffy's KKG and the Admirals permanently changing Punk Hazard's climate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok on popular demand, I will be adding a few more feats to this but first of all I want to clear a few misconceptions:

• As you might have noticed, every single one of these feats were quantified by taking the absolute low ends. My aim was to show that even with taking objective minimums, characters on Dressrosa G4 Luffy's level would be low quad machs/high triple digit machs casually at least. As others have mentioned, if I scaled from the pre time skip lightning timing feats or the recent Brook feat, I would get much higher values.
  • None of these feats show in anyway,the upper limits of anyone here, the meteorite feat was casual, Aokiji was toying with Doffy, Boundman's feat was casual.

And now it's time to introduce the infamous, hotly debated but still irrefutable (in my opinion at least) speed feat that has been the topic of much controversy recently. As I have always maintained, the only reason why this feat seems to rustle so many people is because it puts Luffy (base Luffy at that) at a level they at any cost don't want to see him being argued at. Which explains why nobody came after it when it wasn't properly quantified (lol). Anyway I'll let you be the judge, so without further ado, good folks of CV, I present to you....

Luffy's Punk Hazard feat

I have explained my thought process behind quantifying the feat and the level I personally put it at in detail in that thread, but here I will take the opportunity to state that Punk Hazard is not the only time Luffy has performed a similar feat, that is outracing an explosion sticking to his clothes.

He does something very similar in the climax of the fight against Doffy and Trebol. A heavily injured Law is lying on the ground, covered in Trebol's flammable and explosive sticky slime and Luffy himself is also covered in the same sticky slime. Now Trebol sets his slime on fire, we see a huge explosive inferno break out on top of Flower Hill, but miraculously, in the very next page, we see that not only has Luffy escaped himself, but he has also managed to save Law, all more or less unscathed by the explosion of course.

It's very, actually almost exactly similar to the PH feat. Luffy is covered in an explosive, sticky slime, it's set alight, and Luffy escapes the explosion that was sticking to his clothes unscathed. This should dispel any notions of the feat being an "outlier" or "inconsistent", and brownie points because this one's also performed by base Luffy.

If that's still not enough, let's see another similar, but slightly inferior feat performed by a character that is below Luffy in speed.

I am talking of Cavendish's alter ego Hakuba rescuing Robin from Gladius' explosion. So what happens is Robin and Cavendish are trying to scale a cliff face to get to a higher level of the Royal Plateau, when Gladius touches the cliff face they are on, and due to Gladius' powers, the cliff face gets set to explode in moments. Cavendish requests Robin to release him from her clutches so that he can use Hakuba's speed to scale the cliff, right after we see the cliff explode, and the very next panel, we see the Hakuba has managed to carry Robin to safety to the top of the cliff, while outacing the explosion, totally unscathed of course.

So essentially Hakuba outpaced an explosive shosckwave that was powerful enough to ragdoll buildings from what was an arm's length away for a fairly significant distance totally unscathed.

It's not as impressive as the PH feat or the later feat with Trebol, since in those cases the explosions were literally on Luffy's clothes but that's consistent with the power scaling since Hakuba <<< Luffy in speed. I would say this feat is a solid MHS (Mach 100+) feat for Hakuba.

There are some characters who get some pretty neat scaling from this in Dressrosa. One in particular that's really nice would be the Tontattas. We all know how effortlessly Robin dispatched off a blitzing Hakuba. However Tontattas were fast enough to be FTE to this same Robin

I think that's all for now. I might keep updating this once we get new feats in Wano. Though eventually I feel this will all become redundant once the top tiers start scaling to Kizaru's speed and all become relativistic ha ha.

But till then, adios!

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingGuinness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My man.

Inb4 the lowballers come in with their desperate attempts to lowball OP characters speed.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: A good presentation, I do, however, think that proving a feat is consistent by using other feats that are based on the same feat that you're trying to prove is consistent isn't really valid, you're going to have to use a completely unrelated piece of evidence to the mach858 feat to show it is consistent.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: I used the conservative estimate from the meteorite feat (Mach 33) to calculate the other two. There are dozens of feats proving MAch 33 is consistent at the very least.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Streak619

@shirso: Oh fair enough, I misread the second argument as something else. Good thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"lIgHT sPeED kIzARu"

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aokiji is definitely Quad digit mach. Not sure if I go to say the lengths of that he flash froze an ocean though, they're pretty damn big.

Avatar image for madscientist224
Madscientist224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I discount all fan calcs as a matter of it not being actually based off of canon presented by an official source (no official calculations).

That being said, nicely reasoned. One of the better calcs as has been presented that I've seen.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I discount all fan calcs as a matter of it not being actually based off of canon presented by an official source (no official calculations).

That being said, nicely reasoned. One of the better calcs as has been presented that I've seen.

BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: what always impressed me about One Piece was the physical atributes of One Piece characters. They have this goofyness to them that make it hard to believe they may be as strong or resillient as they are. Besides Kizaru and Aokiji I always found hard to measure the speed in One piece mostly because i force myself to watch the One Piece cartoon with my cousin who never reads manga. This really cleared my mind about the speed in the OPverse.

Nice post.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ourmanuel

The meteor feat calc is a bit dodgy. From what I’ve seen in mangas, authors aren’t taking into account things like the speed of it, and from the panels, it really doesn’t look to be traveling at Mach 100.

Then again, these are characters who’re faster than sound so I can see where the reasoning comes from.

Oh and wrong forum.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not what I was expecting before I clicked. Nice post!

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Nice and all but it’s still fan calc heavy which some have and will express doubt for, from now on it’s just must simpler to scale everyone from Brook’s lightning feat which is the most concrete current speed feat that makes life less difficult as it’s easily quantified.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: It'll probably be months if not an year before people start scaling directly off Brook. As of now only Big Mom directly scales to him.

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso:

No Caption Provided

Pls do more I'm truly impressed

And now that I think about it just how fast would snake man g4 Luffy be since Luffy stated that SM was way faster than BM G4 and since Katakuri wasn't blitzed by BM or to say BM didn't appear FTE to him like doffy and he could also dodge and block BM G4 attacks that would make him at least as fast as BM ..BUT SNAKEMANS FIRST TWO PUNCHES WERE COMPLETELY FTE TO KATAKURI...which he later needed coO Haki to figure out what was going on and Luffy stated that the more fists extended or (I think) changes direction it becomes faster...and to mention base kaidou's was in a sitting position with his legs crossed facing a BLOODLUSTED g4 BM not far away but could still completely blitz him ....well I'm still waiting for the animation to depict how fast these feats were..hope they don't disappoint..and these speed feats and scaling also makes sense since they're already op characters like kuma and kizaru with one able to move near light speed and the other able to move at ls but they are still below a yonko .. always wondered since a low tier is fast enough to intercept point blank lighting (msh+) and top tier below yonko level could move near light speed scaling would put a yonko at least sub relativistic speed

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yray: Snakeman should definitely cross Mach 500 if you go by the conservative estimate of Boundman's speed (Mach 286 at least).

Admirals and Yonko being sub relativistic isn't unreasonable at all considering we have a character like Kizaru. Other Admirals should be able to fight him equally and the Yonko should be able to mid diff him at worst. So it stands to reason for the Yonko to be sub relativistic. This is further backed up by how casually Kaido blitzed the crap out of Boundman.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 socajunkie  Moderator

@shirso: Zoro and by extension the M3 get direct scaling from him too since he’s always been faster.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thenewguysnm1
Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, don't lock it. Shift it to the General discussion forum

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay for scaling and calc stacking. Anyway, the calc for Boundman's speed is fallacious, since Doffy didn't start reacting to him while he was hundreds of meters away, because he didn't know where he was.

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: People are going think that this is headcanon because you made way too assumptions in your calcs.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin: What do you mean? Doffy was punched from the plateau he would know exactly where Luffy was. Even the scans show he was looking straight at Luffy before the latter went FTE

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: We're already doing this on Discord, so I won't bother countering this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6019e88460d57
deactivated-6019e88460d57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plssss do like onepiece powerful feats, like destructive capability feats thanks

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The actual speed feats of One Piece, not the wank scaling of others.

Top tiers seem to be microsecond timing at best...lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plsss quantify more speed feats

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good calc but I felt you lowballed bad because somehow khalifa has faster reaction speed than Doffy.

Also if I might add no one at greenbit iirc bar Doffy, Law and Fuji knew what happened after Fuji summoned the meteors; they only saw the aftermath and were wondering what happened

FinalHeaven3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what about Moria shadow feats? also check ACF wiki (waaaaay better than obd and vsb)

https://anime-characters-fight.fandom.com/ru/wiki/%D0%94%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%82_%D0%94%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%BE#comm-851879

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: you might as well add Luffy's punk Hazard feat to the revision since it's meta and other sites have taken it and are applying it in debates

Shirso doing big things for One Piece.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The actual speed feats of One Piece, not the wank scaling of others.

Top tiers seem to be microsecond timing at best...lol"

This is before anyone calced the Punk Hazard feat stay salty faraday.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was solid.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot to mention Pre-Timeskip Nami being lightning speed and 4 digit mach explosion timing.

Averkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really didn't need to be bumped, calc stacking and half-baked timeframes are no good. One Piece has several quantifiable speed feats that are easy to place and only one is mentioned here, with the end result being questionable. I do applaud the effort though, research was done.

Averkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skysanji said:

"The actual speed feats of One Piece, not the wank scaling of others.

Top tiers seem to be microsecond timing at best...lol"

This is before anyone calced the Punk Hazard feat stay salty faraday.

The Punk Hazard feat was calculated months ago, mate. It was largely rejected due to some people considering it illogical and the amount of assumptions made too high, hence why only a few people have been using it over said timeframe, the foremost of those being good ol' Shirso.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skysanji said:

@shirso: you might as well add Luffy's punk Hazard feat to the revision since it's meta and other sites have taken it and are applying it in debates

Which sites? I am curious.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Narutoforums and Animeviceboards as far as I'm aware.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Thanks, really helpful bro, I hope u getting started on onepiece strength and destructive capability feats?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Also bro could u quantify snakemans speed, we already know luffy in base form has 2 solid lightspeed feats, so plss do snakeman

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing here is quantifiable. You pulled numbers from your ass instead the manga. And One Piece speed being underrated in Comic Vine is lol-worthy.

TheKAPPA78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward: I like how you removed your old post to put this one

horrOreto2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalheaven3: ацф ведь непомерный кал, ну как и остальные вики, лучше скейлить версы самому, почему в СНГ комьюнити так днищят именно срич ? Скоро 2022, а позеры из тт все высирают про холмы

WizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

FTL reaction time for base Fishman Island Luffy.