Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Methos says:

"Q=respect to the multidimensional omnipotent god beingM"

Imagine a chess game with him and Mxy using the enterprise and DC characters as pieces, LOLLERz.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Methos says:
"Q=respect to the multidimensional omnipotent god beingM"

Imagine a chess game with him and Mxy using the enterprise and DC characters as pieces, LOLLERz."

I can see that :D

M

Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q takes this.  He doesn't need The Presences' permission to do anything.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King Saturn
Q should be able to handle The Spectre...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AtPhantom

Spectre wins. Presuming he's unbound.

Kataklysmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kataklysmo
Spectre should win
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tevnoba

Because of the Spectre's low showings at times it goes to "Q".  Unless the Spectre is unbound then he banish's "Q" back to his dimension and orders him to play nice with the little mortals.  "Q" then cries because he can not have any fun anymore.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LubeMan
Tevnoba said:
"Because of the Spectre's low showings at times it goes to "Q".  Unless the Spectre is unbound then he banish's "Q" back to his dimension and orders him to play nice with the little mortals.  "Q" then cries because he can not have any fun anymore.
"

This, I can live with. It's sensible, yet modest :-)
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tevnoba
LubeMan said:
"Tevnoba said:
"Because of the Spectre's low showings at times it goes to "Q".  Unless the Spectre is unbound then he banish's "Q" back to his dimension and orders him to play nice with the little mortals.  "Q" then cries because he can not have any fun anymore.
"

This, I can live with. It's sensible, yet modest :-)"
ty
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all honesty Q's have the powers of MoM, and they are uninhibited in every-single-way.  With the exception of this one Q who wanted to kill himself, and the continuum had to step in and stop him.   They are way above having to be 'unbound' in order to be at their best.  And didn't the Spectre Kill Darkseid once, only to watch Darkseid get brought back to life by the source.  That was a sad display.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

I'll pretend I know who Q is

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom

Has there ever been any proof that the Q are absolute?  far as I remember, Quinn (or whatever the Q who wanted to kill himself was called) stated that the Q are simply more evolved than humans, and appear omnipotent to them, just like humans, with their technology, would appear as gods to any caveman. I don't have that episode, so could anyone check that? If so, this would make them akin to 5D imps, rather than the omnipotent gods everyone thinks they are.

High Revolutionary said:

"In all honesty Q's have the powers of MoM, and they are uninhibited in every-single-way.  With the exception of this one Q who wanted to kill himself, and the continuum had to step in and stop him.   They are way above having to be 'unbound' in order to be at their best.  And didn't the Spectre Kill Darkseid once, only to watch Darkseid get brought back to life by the source.  That was a sad display."
1. That was not unbound Spectre
2. Source is an aspect of the Presence, the creator.
3. Spectre had no reason to permanently end Darkseid, so he didn't.
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtPhantom said:
"Has there ever been any proof that the Q are absolute?  far as I remember, Quinn (or whatever the Q who wanted to kill himself was called) stated that the Q are simply more evolved than humans, and appear omnipotent to them, just like humans, with their technology, would appear as gods to any caveman. I don't have that episode, so could anyone check that? If so, this would make them akin to 5D imps, rather than the omnipotent gods everyone thinks they are.

High Revolutionary said:
"In all honesty Q's have the powers of MoM, and they are uninhibited in every-single-way.  With the exception of this one Q who wanted to kill himself, and the continuum had to step in and stop him.   They are way above having to be 'unbound' in order to be at their best.  And didn't the Spectre Kill Darkseid once, only to watch Darkseid get brought back to life by the source.  That was a sad display."
1. That was not unbound Spectre
2. Source is an aspect of the Presence, the creator.
3. Spectre had no reason to permanently end Darkseid, so he didn't.
"
That's what I mean.  The Q could have done that, and it would have been permanent.  There's no one there to go over his head.  He doesn't need to be unbound.

With the exception of the one Q that wanted to kill himself.  He needed approval. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
High Revolutionary said:
"That's what I mean.  The Q could have done that, and it would have been permanent.  There's no one there to go over his head.  He doesn't need to be unbound.

With the exception of the one Q that wanted to kill himself.  He needed approval. 
"
How do you know that? Did the Q create that universe? If not then there is possibly a higher power. Darkseid was kept alive by the highest authority in DCU, the one that created it.

The Q who wanted to die needed approval because he was limited by the other Qs. This means nothing in this fight. and it does not solve my problem:
"Has there ever been any proof that the Q are absolute?  far as I remember, Quinn (or whatever the Q who wanted to kill himself was called) stated that the Q are simply more evolved than humans, and appear omnipotent to them, just like humans, with their technology, would appear as gods to any caveman. I don't have that episode, so could anyone check that? If so, this would make them akin to 5D imps, rather than the omnipotent gods everyone thinks they are."

High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtPhantom said:
1.    How do you know that? Did the Q create that universe? If not then there is possibly a higher power. Darkseid was kept alive by the highest authority in DCU, the one that created it.

The Q who wanted to die needed approval because he was limited by the other Qs. This means nothing in this fight. and it does not solve my problem:

2.              "Has there ever been any proof that the Q are absolute?  far as I remember, Quinn (or whatever the Q who wanted to kill himself was called) stated that the Q are simply more evolved than humans, and appear omnipotent to them, just like humans, with their technology, would appear as gods to any caveman. I don't have that episode, so could anyone check that? If so, this would make them akin to 5D imps, rather than the omnipotent gods everyone thinks they are."

"
1.   No, the Q stated that he had the power to bring people back from the dead and to a take life at his will.  He brought Cpt. J. Picard back from the dead at will too.

2. Q stated that they are the highest level of evolution possible in the multi-verse.  They are the farthest limit that any being can ever hope to achieve.  Q also stated that humans will one day reach this level.

Edit: I also remember him saying something about there not really being a god, and that if there was he'd be like a Q who did it all for fun.  He may have stated that he was god at some point too (someone needs to verify this)
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a really nice scene I think you might enjoy.  It's from that episode where Q is looking at Picard's life after Picard died.  He talks about his powers concerning life and death briefly here:

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King Saturn
Q is nuts  !

lol
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
"Q is nuts  !

lol
"
Tell me about it.  His character was so well done, and played out.  Nothing will ever match marvel that was TNG.
King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King Saturn
High Revolutionary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Q is nuts  !

lol
"
Tell me about it.  His character was so well done, and played out.  Nothing will ever match marvel that was TNG.
"
I never liked Picard though... if would not have played the role of Professor X... I would be making fun of him right now

lol
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
"I never liked Picard though... if would not have played the role of Professor X... I would be making fun of him right now

lol
"
Why is that?  Is it like the John Lennon phenomenon, where people just didn't like him because of the way he looked?  (despite being an extraordinary human being).
King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King Saturn
High Revolutionary said:
"King Saturn said:
"I never liked Picard though... if would not have played the role of Professor X... I would be making fun of him right now

lol
"
Why is that?  Is it like the John Lennon phenomenon, where people just didn't like him because of the way he looked?  (despite being an extraordinary human being).
"
You are sort of right... he actually looks like a Math Teacher I had in High School... and that guy was a Prick... maybe thats why I dont like him

lol
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tevnoba
High Revolutionary said:
"AtPhantom said:
1.    How do you know that? Did the Q create that universe? If not then there is possibly a higher power. Darkseid was kept alive by the highest authority in DCU, the one that created it.

2.              "Has there ever been any proof that the Q are absolute?  far as I remember, Quinn (or whatever the Q who wanted to kill himself was called) stated that the Q are simply more evolved than humans, and appear omnipotent to them, just like humans, with their technology, would appear as gods to any caveman. I don't have that episode, so could anyone check that? If so, this would make them akin to 5D imps, rather than the omnipotent gods everyone thinks they are."

"
1.   No, the Q stated that he had the power to bring people back from the dead and to a take life at his will.  He brought Cpt. J. Picard back from the dead at will too.

2. Q stated that they are the highest level of evolution possible in the multi-verse.  They are the farthest limit that any being can ever hope to achieve.  Q also stated that humans will one day reach this level.

Edit: I also remember him saying something about there not really being a god, and that if there was he'd be like a Q who did it all for fun.  He may have stated that he was god at some point too (someone needs to verify this)
"
1: "Q" have said a great many things and while most of them are certainly true, we still have no proof that they are quite as powerful as they claim.  First and foremost they can die!!!!
2: Another claim that is unproven by beings so duplicitous that there are not words in our language to fully describe it.  Also, I wonder what the "Travlers" would feel about his claim.
3: "Q" never claimed to be "GOD", "Q" have claimed to be as close to "GOD" as humans have ever known.
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tevnoba said:
"1: "Q" have said a great many things and while most of them are certainly true, we still have no proof that they are quite as powerful as they claim.  First and foremost they can die!!!!
2: Another claim that is unproven by beings so duplicitous that there are not words in our language to fully describe it.  Also, I wonder what the "Travlers" would feel about his claim.
3: "Q" never claimed to be "GOD", "Q" have claimed to be as close to "GOD" as humans have ever known.
"
I'm sorry, as much as I don't want to, I have to correct you.

1.  The Q that died, died because he asked another Q to turn him into a human and then to give him poison hemlock to drink (killing him).  He did this because he admired humans greatly and wanted to die as one.
2.  I don't know what travler's you are talking about.  And your first sentence doesn't make much sense to me. 
3.  Q did explicitly refer to himself as god.  As seen here:

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tevnoba
High Revolutionary said:
"Tevnoba said:
"1: "Q" have said a great many things and while most of them are certainly true, we still have no proof that they are quite as powerful as they claim.  First and foremost they can die!!!!
"
I'm sorry, as much as I don't want to, I have to correct you.

1.  The Q that died, died because he asked another Q to turn him into a human and then to give him poison hemlock to drink (killing him).  He did this because he admired humans greatly and wanted to die as one.
2.  I don't know what travler's you are talking about.  And your first sentence doesn't make much sense to me. 
3.  Q did explicitly refer to himself as god.  As seen here:

1. "Q" also died in the continuum war in ST: Voyager, as stated by "Q".
2. "The Travelers" as they call themselves.  It is what Wesley started to evolve to become.  One of them also, amp the warp drive so much that the enterprise left the universe!  First Sentence was a statement against the post I quoted.
3. Yes, but if you can not see the jesting manner in which it was said . . . you might want to work on your understanding of humor.  Also, "Q" have also stated before that they are not GOD.
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tevnoba said:
"
2. "The Travelers" as they call themselves.  It is what Wesley started to evolve to become.  One of them also, amp the warp drive so much that the enterprise left the universe!  First Sentence was a statement against the post I quoted.
3. Yes, but if you can not see the jesting manner in which it was said . . . you might want to work on your understanding of humor.  Also, "Q" have also stated before that they are not GOD.
"
1.  In the continuum war, I believe that Q was killed by another Q.  So I'm not so sure that counts.  If anything, it shows that the Q are indeed capable of anything, including killing one of their own.
2. I didn't know that Wesley (presumable Wesley Crusher) ever evolved into a Q!  That sounds like an example of terribly bad writing to me.  But I see what you mean by your statement now.
3. I know he was joking.  But the point is that he did say it (he wouldn't have joked about it if there was a higher power).  I wish I could find it where he does say that there isn't a god (he was serious when he said it).  It might have been in that Voyager episode with the continuum war.  And I think my understanding of humor is just dandy, thank you very much.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom

Okay, I've tracked down Quinn's quote from the episode death wish (I found it on Memory alpha).

"You musn't think of us as omnipotent, no matter what The Continuum would like you to believe. You and your ship seem incredibly powerful to lifeforms without your technological expertise! It's no different with us; we may appear omnipotent to you, but believe me, we're not!"
This is it. He clearly states that the Q are not omnipotent, but are just higher on the evolutionary ladder than humans. Furthermore, unlike the Normal Q, this Q has no reason to lie, making him a much more reliable source.

Therefore, the Q are simply a race of powerful beings with the ability to control reality, kind of like 5D imps, They are not the omnipotent force that many consider them to be.
DJ Diesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DJ Diesel

I like Q's style, but I don't think he can win this one.

High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtPhantom said:
"Okay, I've tracked down Quinn's quote from the episode death wish (I found it on Memory alpha).

"You musn't think of us as omnipotent, no matter what The Continuum would like you to believe. You and your ship seem incredibly powerful to lifeforms without your technological expertise! It's no different with us; we may appear omnipotent to you, but believe me, we're not!"
This is it. He clearly states that the Q are not omnipotent, but are just higher on the evolutionary ladder than humans. Furthermore, unlike the Normal Q, this Q has no reason to lie, making him a much more reliable source.

Therefore, the Q are simply a race of powerful beings with the ability to control reality, kind of like 5D imps, They are not the omnipotent force that many consider them to be.
"
Kudos.  That's pretty cool.  I wonder what kind of powers a being more powerful than a Q would have.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AtPhantom
High Revolutionary said:
"Kudos.  That's pretty cool.  I wonder what kind of powers a being more powerful than a Q would have."

No Caption Provided
Just kidding, lol. Q's way better...

Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q easily.

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Akwa

It depends on whether the Spectre is unbound or not. As for Q's supposed omni-potence, have we seen any real proof of it? He says at one point that he's essentially all-powerful but Q is by nature a trickster and it is sure as hell not above him to lie a little to increase the amount of fear and respect he can get from mortals.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xan84
@High Revolutionary said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Okay, I've tracked down Quinn's quote from the episode death wish (I found it on Memory alpha).

"
Kudos.  That's pretty cool.  I wonder what kind of powers a being more powerful than a Q would have."

Incorect by a large margin. This is what happends when you remove something from the context. How about what the q said to Tuvok when Tuvok  questioned how axacly the q are not omnipotent and what are there weaknesses. I am not at home to post exacly his words (i got the episode on a dvd) but it was something about a loss of purpose, not being able to die and other things like that. They realy have no weaknesses. If they have a weaknesses is the same one TOAA has or the Presence. They can't die, they can't evolve any more, they can't see anything more and so on. This Q whants to die badly (his got nothing left to do or see), this is what he thinks are the Q weaknesses.

Now if the Q can't use there powers (like in the civil war) and humans can get there heands on weapons made by the Q they can kill the a Q.

Travelers. They are way way way behind the Q in power. The one on enterprise was exausted afther sending the ship so far and almost died, i never got to see a Q allmost exausted.
Also the q need no effort to go where the traveler was able to send them. The Q can easy send the enterprise back to before the big bang, before the universe even existed or another dimension, reduce the size of the ship etc.
The Q In a book (i never read it, some1 i know told me about it) Q get's to meet got and have a laught.

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rightprice

The Q race is beyond any other race in the star trek universe.  They are beyond the Travelers and Druids of TNG, the Prophets and Pah-Wraiths of DS9, and the Caretakers of Voyager.  While all those beings/species were very powerful they were limited by the laws and structures of the universe and had to operate within those laws and structures.  The Q on the other hand weren't restricted by those laws and structures, and could even change them if they wanted to.  This is evidenced by the episode of TNG where Q, the one most commonly seen, is turned into a human by the rest of the continuum and dropped off in the Enterprise.  The Enterprise was trying to prevent a moon with a decaying orbit from crashing into and destroying an inhabited planet and they couldn't figure out how to move the moon back into a stable orbit.  When they asked Q what they should do he tells them that if it were him, he would change the gravitational constant of the universe in order to reduce the moons mass, something no other type of being could do as that is a fundamental constant.   

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hellos

Q seems to overall alot more powerful then Spectre.

With a snap of his fingers he can do anything :P

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By castleking
accept make ppl fall in love with him or raise ppl from the dead or grant more wishes
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MKF30
@castleking said:
"accept make ppl fall in love with him or raise ppl from the dead or grant more wishes "

Good point ^ lol
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Nerx

Q, he is Omnipotent but can he beat the Force (Star Wars)?

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tevnoba

Spectre wins as long as he is not bound..  "Q" are not actually omnipotent - just very powerful.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xan84
@Tevnoba said:
"Spectre wins as long as he is not bound..  "Q" are not actually omnipotent - just very powerful."

Do you got any proof that he is not ? I don't remember him whanting to do something and be unable to.Except the dying part.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tevnoba
@Xan said:
" @Tevnoba said:
"Spectre wins as long as he is not bound..  "Q" are not actually omnipotent - just very powerful."
Do you got any proof that he is not ? I don't remember him whanting to do something and be unable to.Except the dying part. "
"Q" even stated that they are not omnipotent.  They, technologically speaking are to us what we are to cavemen.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xan84
@Tevnoba said:
"@Xan said:
" @Tevnoba said:
Do you got any proof that he is not ? I don't remember him whanting to do something and be unable to.Except the dying part. "
"Q" even stated that they are not omnipotent.  They, technologically speaking are to us what we are to cavemen."

NO. He said he IS. The Q that whanted to die said they are NOT. But if you watch the episode again after Q said that Tuvok asked what are Q's vulnerabilities and what do you know are the same that TOAA has or The Presence. This is actualy what happends when you take something out of context. Read 1 of my posts above is on this same mater.
Q has omniscients. He is able to chance for 1 individual anything in the past withouth changing anything for any1 else in the time line.
He has complete control of time and space. He can travel from 1 dimension to another, he can travel to a time before the univers existed (before the big bang). He can resurect peeps. He can chance a fundamental constant of the Universe and so on.
Hell until now there was NOTHING he was unable to do if the Q continium was not involved.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By NightFang3

Q wins.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LubeMan
@High Revolutionary said:
"Tevnoba said:
"
"
1.  In the continuum war, I believe that Q was killed by another Q.  So I'm not so sure that counts.  If anything, it shows that the Q are indeed capable of anything, including killing one of their own.
2. I didn't know that Wesley (presumable Wesley Crusher) ever evolved into a Q!  That sounds like an example of terribly bad writing to me.  But I see what you mean by your statement now.
3. I know he was joking.  But the point is that he did say it (he wouldn't have joked about it if there was a higher power).  I wish I could find it where he does say that there isn't a god (he was serious when he said it).  It might have been in that Voyager episode with the continuum war.  And I think my understanding of humor is just dandy, thank you very much."

He (Tevnoba) never stated that Wesley evolved into a Q, he said that he was evolving into a higher power like the "Travellers"!
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xan84
@LubeMan said:
"@High Revolutionary said:
"Tevnoba said:
"
"
3. I know he was joking.  But the point is that he did say it (he wouldn't have joked about it if there was a higher power).  I wish I could find it where he does say that there isn't a god (he was serious when he said it).  It might have been in that Voyager episode with the continuum war.  And I think my understanding of humor is just dandy, thank you very much."
He (Tevnoba) never stated that Wesley evolved into a Q, he said that he was evolving into a higher power like the "Travellers"! "

Yeah travelers are nothing compared to the Q. Also q have err no idea close to what 1000000000000000000000 years of practice with there powers ?
Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

seems i dont know Q i need some feats from him

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: Just youtube ST Q, he has many feats.

Tossed a ship several thousand lightyears, went back in time and stopped human evolution. He has more feats, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head :p.