acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By acewasp23

Heart of Infinity says:

"Pyro uses a flame to make a flamethrower like effect not sure if he can redirect or stop johnnys nova blast I think the very heat from the nova blast even if pyro could stop him would be devestating (think about it if a person would get close to the sun they would burn up before you even got the chance to touch the sun thats how intense the heat is) As for the correct definition of mutant I know you think people like X-men are born as mutants but when something mutates guess what that makes it...a mutant I mean just to have to correct definition even though spiderman became a mutant much differently then rouge did "

dude you really have to start getting your facts straightened out.

there are mutates and mutants. a mutate is a person (like spiderman) that gets their powers from an external source, they have the ability to get powerful but there not born that way. a mutant is born with there powers naturally.

oh and why would Johny use that nova blast? if he does he will kill every one that is around him (sept Pyro).

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By acewasp23

read what beast has to say about deadpool, deadpool has powers and he is human so does that make him a mutant?

Avatar image for nightmere_master
nightmere master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nightmere master

pyro. no way tourch chould win GAWD!!

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Valkaad

Anyone who thinks pyro can beat torch is obviously a pyro fanboy. Pyro is NOT that powerful. There is no scenario in which I can see pyro winning. Torch is immune to any flame he can produce, so the only way pyro could win would be to pick something up with a fire creature and drop it on him and the torch is way too seasoned and way to fast to be caught like that. Pyro COULD not in ANY way stop torchs nova blast.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By vegeta

i say torch muredrs him but since pyro can manipulate fire couldnt he just extinguish torchs flame

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Apparition

Valkaad says:

"Anyone who thinks pyro can beat torch is obviously a pyro fanboy. Pyro is NOT that powerful. There is no scenario in which I can see pyro winning. Torch is immune to any flame he can produce, so the only way pyro could win would be to pick something up with a fire creature and drop it on him and the torch is way too seasoned and way to fast to be caught like that. Pyro COULD not in ANY way stop torchs nova blast. "

lol pyro has fanboys? lol

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I thought we already figured out the Matchstick wins this?

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

acewasp23 says:

"Heart of Infinity says:
"Pyro uses a flame to make a flamethrower like effect not sure if he can redirect or stop johnnys nova blast I think the very heat from the nova blast even if pyro could stop him would be devestating (think about it if a person would get close to the sun they would burn up before you even got the chance to touch the sun thats how intense the heat is) As for the correct definition of mutant I know you think people like X-men are born as mutants but when something mutates guess what that makes it...a mutant I mean just to have to correct definition even though spiderman became a mutant much differently then rouge did "
dude you really have to start getting your facts straightened out. there are mutates and mutants. a mutate is a person (like spiderman) that gets their powers from an external source, they have the ability to get powerful but there not born that way. a mutant is born with there powers naturally. oh and why would Johny use that nova blast? if he does he will kill every one that is around him (sept Pyro). "

I was going by its real definition not the comic one...even though the comic one counts more. I was just saying they technically are since something made them mutate

A scientist wouldnt call the person a mutate. Mutate is a verb. When you mutate you become essentially a mutant

"A mutant is an individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from an instance of mutation, which is a sudden structural change within the DNA of a gene or chromosome of an organism resulting in the creation of a new character or trait not found in the wildtype. In an organism or individual, the new character or trait may or may not be trivial, may occasionally be beneficial, but will usually result in either a genetic disorder or have no phenotypic effect whatsoever. The natural occurrence of genetic mutations is integral to the process of evolution. A more general term for mutant is sport, which includes individuals who vary from type due to mutation, as well as those who vary from type due to other reasons."

Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Fennewalde

It seems like it's clear that Johnny Storm would take it to the house. Whether or not Pyro could protect himself or put out the flame Storm is producing is irrelevant. How does Storm fly? From the heat that is generated from his person. I'm sure this ability could be used in the same manner for throwing punches and such. You speed up your punches for a more devastating effect. Pyro dies a horrible punchy death. The end.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyro extinguishes HT's flame. and then punches him continually

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Valkaad

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Pyro extinguishes HT's flame. and then punches him continually"

Pyro cannot control torchs flame! He is simply not that powerful.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkaad says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
Pyro cannot control torchs flame! He is simply not that powerful. "
how do u know he cant control it? huh? **EXACTLY!** ***U DONT KNOW! YOUR JUST ASSUMING!***
Post Edited:2007-10-02 23:03:47
vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By vegeta

"Valkaad says:
how do u know he cant control it? huh? **EXACTLY!** #YOU DONT KNOW! YOUR JUST ASSUMING!#"

i thought pyro could manipulate all fire?

Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vegeta says:

"Valkaad says:
how do u know he cant control it? huh? **EXACTLY!** #YOU DONT KNOW! YOUR JUST ASSUMING!#"
i thought pyro could manipulate all fire?"

hmm not sure. Suposedly he can

but I wonder how he would handle the heat of Supernova fire when and if he is able to control it since the heat would hurt you even if you dont touch it

and depending on how much mass quantity johnny could get out. So the question there would be if he can handle it can he handle a crap load of it especially if its in a wide area. Is there a limit to how much flame he can control at once?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Torch kills Pyro. He can't manipulate Torch's fire. I forgot why. Who's the idiot that brought this thread back anyway?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Heart of Infinity says:

"vegeta says:
"Valkaad says:
i thought pyro could manipulate all fire?"
hmm not sure. Suposedly he can but I wonder how he would handle the heat of Supernova fire when and if he is able to control it since the heat would hurt you even if you dont touch it and depending on how much mass quantity johnny could get out. So the question there would be if he can handle it can he handle a crap load of it especially if its in a wide area. Is there a limit to how much flame he can control at once? "

I think there is, but I know one thing for a fact. Johnny's too fast for Pyro, and Pyro has to focus on the fire and he can only focus on one body. Johnny just needs to fire 3 fireballs and Pyro's dead.

Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fennewalde

you must have completely missed what i wrote or disregarded it as logical garbage (which is fine, this all debatable). Let me point out, i was mentioning the heat generated to induce accelerated movements. Not flame. There's no flame to control, if storm plays it smart.

that is all.

edit

oh, and about throwing three fireballs and killing pyro, i will defend pyro there. I was under the assumption his manipulation of flame was the same as Magnetos manipulation of metal. An ability to detect and "sense" the flame. It seems far too elementary a tactic to hurl three fireballs and call it done. Pyro does have some experience. I still stand by my pick and my logic. Storm takes this one to the house.
Post Edited:2007-10-02 23:35:56

Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and as i said how much flame can Pyro psionicly control

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heart of Infinity says:

"and as i said how much flame can Pyro psionicly control"
well, pyro cant take HT, but ***LEGENDARY BIO VISHANTI CAN!!!***
Post Edited:2007-10-03 00:45:17
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Heart of Infinity says:
"and as i said how much flame can Pyro psionicly control"
well, pyro cant take HT, but ***LEGENDARY BIO VISHANTI CAN!!!***
Post Edited:2007-10-03 00:45:17"
I would pwn them both with both hands tied behind my back ^_^not even if they fused to become pyro tourch
Post Edited:2007-10-03 03:41:15
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Valkaad

"Valkaad says:
how do u know he cant control it? huh? **EXACTLY!** ***U DONT KNOW! YOUR JUST ASSUMING!***
Post Edited:2007-10-02 23:03:47"

First of all Pyro's level of control over flame is mental. The hotter the flame or the larger the flame the harder it is for pyro to control. He has NEVER demonstrated an ability to control a flame anywhere near as intense as even one tenth of Torch's nova blast nor has he shown the ability to control the sheer volume of flame that the torch can put out. Second, torchs flame is not like the flame you use to start your backyard barbeque, it has a higher hydrogen content than normal fire and is more like a plasma. His flame is not normal fire but is cosmic in nature as evidenced by the fact that even the hottest star is only 179,540 degrees and torch's hottest is 1,000,000 degrees. (thats 5.5 times hotter than the hottest flame nature can produce). YOU keep watching the movies and BELIEVE that Pyro is a badA$$ and would beat Torch and that silver surfer cannot fly without his surfboard. Meanwhile I'll keep reading comics and KNOW that pyro wouldn't last 1 second against torch PERIOD

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By acewasp23

wow this thread came a long way. lol

wish some one would bring to life my Capt. America vs Cyclops thread.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Resonate

"Valkaad says:
Post Edited:2007-10-02 23:03:47"

Then so are you......

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Pyro beat Torch in hand-to-hand?

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't matter, Pyro can't hurt Torch, and he doesnt have better fire manipulation so it doesnt matter, he cant win. Torch supernovas.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By acewasp23

Dormammu says:

"Doesn't matter, Pyro can't hurt Torch, and he doesn't have better fire manipulation so it doesn't matter, he cant win. Torch supernovas."
see i hate it when people say he supernovas and its over. if they are fighting in a city he supernovas and now every one is dead. when he does that he puts to many people at risk by igniting the oxygen in their lungs and killing them or just burning every one to death and that doesn't seem like something he would do.
Post Edited:2007-10-09 22:52:16
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a battle between two people to see whos better, dont add civilians in it
Post Edited:2007-10-09 23:16:39

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And still Torch doesnt even need to supernova. Pyro can get hurt by flames Torch cant. Johnny can just walk up to him, thru a barrage of flames, and grab hold of Pyro and burn the hell outta him.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fennewalde says:

"we can't assume they are fighting in a populated area because YOU never stated where and when the fight would take place. For all we know, H.T could have forty-seven innocent babies strapped to his legs. "Here, Flame on". I always assume that in a battle between two superpowers, no innocents are in the way and the fight is in the middle of nothingsville nowhere. Because other wise, we could assume impossibilities. Like "what if Pyro is pregnant with twins? Or, i heard H.T is really a baby dragon". "

Well put.

Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Fennewalde

we can't assume they are fighting in a populated area because YOU never stated where and when the fight would take place. For all we know, H.T could have forty-seven innocent babies strapped to his legs. "Here, Flame on". I always assume that in a battle between two superpowers, no innocents are in the way and the fight is in the middle of nothingsville nowhere. Because other wise, we could assume impossibilities. Like "what if Pyro is pregnant with twins? Or, i heard H.T is really a baby dragon".

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Apparition

Fennewalde says:

you must have completely missed what i wrote or disregarded it as logical garbage (which is fine, this all debatable). Let me point out, i was mentioning the heat generated to induce accelerated movements. Not flame. There's no flame to control, if storm plays it smart. that is all. *edit* oh, and about throwing three fireballs and killing pyro, i will defend pyro there. I was under the assumption his manipulation of flame was the same as Magnetos manipulation of metal. An ability to detect and "sense" the flame. It seems far too elementary a tactic to hurl three fireballs and call it done. Pyro does have some experience. I still stand by my pick and my logic. Storm takes this one to the house.
Post Edited:2007-10-02 23:35:56"

great thought but even if torch can do it he might not be able to use it for two reasons. he cant fly without flame, because the flame generates heat. so if pyro can control all flame then he would keep torch from using his high speed punches.

but the other reason i think torch cant do it is because torch doesnt know he can. that's not an attack he's ever used, so he would never think to use it. i dont think the thought of even trying that would ever cross his mind :)

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By acewasp23

Dormammu says:

"This is a battle between two people to see whos better, dont add civilians in it
Post Edited:2007-10-09 23:16:39"

lol so where they fighting? you have to assume that where ever they fight there has to be people of some other sort of life. if the battle was to take place in limbo then it would just be a flash fire and Johny would walk away the victor, but since most the battles in marvel happen in populated areas and most the ff fights are in NY city i think if the torch uses the supernova he would kill a lot of people (like nitro at the start of the civil war).

when i made the battle i didn't give a location for the battle to take place in. looking back on that if they were to fight in limbo or an uninhabited area the torch could just use the supernova to win and this wouldn't be a battle it would be a barbeque.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torch cant do what?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Apparition

Dormammu says:

"Torch cant do what?"

to whom are you referring?

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By acewasp23

i think she was talking about the torch using nothing but heat to speed up his movement and his punches without using his flame.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Apparition

exactly right acewasp! sorry i didnt see your reply dormammu!

:)

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By acewasp23

Fennewalde says:

"we can't assume they are fighting in a populated area because YOU never stated where and when the fight would take place. For all we know, H.T could have forty-seven innocent babies strapped to his legs. "Here, Flame on". I always assume that in a battle between two superpowers, no innocents are in the way and the fight is in the middle of nothingsville nowhere. Because other wise, we could assume impossibilities. Like "what if Pyro is pregnant with twins? Or, i heard H.T is really a baby dragon". "

so what do you think I'm trying to do limit the torch on this? NO I'M NOT i was just stating that if they were to battle any where but limbo the torch would have to think of the other people or lifeforms around the 2 of them.

RedGenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By RedGenesis

Could Pyro prevent the Torch even from flaming on?

Pyro's control over fire could just well be strong enough to do that. He has been able to stop fires instantly. Why would he not attack where it hurts, the Torch's sheath of fire? Plus, Pyro's constructs have substance to them. They were able to hold Colossus, so they can definitely hold Torch. What's stopping Pyro from throwing him into the ground or a building?

All in all, though, I do believe the Torch would still win. It just all comes down to experience with their powers.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By acewasp23

Agent Paradox 9 says:

"Could Pyro prevent the Torch even from flaming on? Pyro's control over fire could just well be strong enough to do that. He has been able to stop fires instantly. Why would he not attack where it hurts, the Torch's sheath of fire? Plus, Pyro's constructs have substance to them. They were able to hold Colossus, so they can definitely hold Torch. What's stopping Pyro from throwing him into the ground or a building? All in all, though, I do believe the Torch would still win. It just all comes down to experience with their powers. "

yeah and that's what i was mainly looking for, i wanted to know is it was possible for pyro to flame off the torch or use his fire against him.

lol holding Colossus is a good point, i didn't know he did that.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyro cold contsruct a hand or something like that, and grab HT and SMASH him into the ground then cherr-pick it and do it over and pver and over again

Avatar image for stormamazonphoenix
StormAmazonPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HT wins here

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By Tevnoba

Torch wins, easily.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95  Edited By box turtle

Torch.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96  Edited By Erik

Bump.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#97  Edited By sexy_merc

Johny Storm.
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By mattbryce2000

i find myself rooting for pyro just because SAP voted for johnny. i know johnny would lose, but i just want StormAmazonPhoenix to be wrong.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#99  Edited By Power NeXus
@mattbryce2000 said:
"i find myself rooting for pyro just because SAP voted for johnny. i know johnny would lose, but i just want StormAmazonPhoenix to be wrong. "

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Power NeXus:
fair enough. lol