Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poeticwarrior
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Puri Puri Prisoner who considered himself to be the weakest S class, but current Puri Puri Prisoner with pristle armor, Dark Angel Vibration, ability to recover from a dragon attack almost right away, and can one shot demons that are on the level of Deep Sea King. Could he beat Tank Top Master?

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By maybetomorrow

TTM stomps by statements

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, TTM doesn't have enough feats that compare

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poeticwarrior

@maybetomorrow said:

TTM stomps by statements

Just for clarification, it's his statement, not the author's statement, and the characters often misjudge each other in the series, and the monster level being ranked wrongly several times such as with the withered sprout. Not to say you're wrong, but just to clarify that part, btw. Is there an author statement between those two?

SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SoImMe

PPP is way out of TTM's league right now. He stomps.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats, Puri Puri Prisoner has way more... and very importantly, Puri has speed and durability. The only thing in the way of durability for Tank Top Master is the fact that he survived a combo of attacks from Garou that were “double his own strength” and recovered from it after a few days or so in a hospital enough to fight monsters again. And as for speed, the only thing TTM really has that’s impressive was that super fast throw of that huge chunk of debris at Boros’s ship. He’s at least faster than irl humans because he did sneak up on Garou pretty good that one time.

If the battle happened in the manga/show, I think TTM would win solely because it’s part of Puri’s character that he’s the weakest S-Class. Puri is a goofy underdog that the story wants the reader to root for, half the time. And he plays support the rest.

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maybetomorrow said:

TTM stomps by statements

Just for clarification, it's his statement, not the author's statement, and the characters often misjudge each other in the series, and the monster level being ranked wrongly several times such as with the withered sprout. Not to say you're wrong, but just to clarify that part, btw. Is there an author statement between those two?

No. I agree wholeheartedly that by showings PPP would seem to be superior between the two as he’s fought stronger people than TTM(who only fought Garou at the beginning of his hero hunt). But even if we disregard PPP’s statement there is his power being compared to genos’ by Garou, who I would put above PPP.

If we go by statements TTM> PPP, but by showings PPP> TTM basically.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By poeticwarrior

@cromulor said:

By feats, Puri Puri Prisoner has way more... and very importantly, Puri has speed and durability. The only thing in the way of durability for Tank Top Master is the fact that he survived a combo of attacks from Garou that were “double his own strength” and recovered from it after a few days or so in a hospital enough to fight monsters again. And as for speed, the only thing TTM really has that’s impressive was that super fast throw of that huge chunk of debris at Boros’s ship. He’s at least faster than irl humans because he did sneak up on Garou pretty good that one time.

If the battle happened in the manga/show, I think TTM would win solely because it’s part of Puri’s character that he’s the weakest S-Class. Puri is a goofy underdog that the story wants the reader to root for, half the time. And he plays support the rest.

I could see that. While it doesn't show much, Puri Puri is a speedster. He's FASTER than the cat that can move faster than the eyes can see and can hit and move before your wounds even registered while he's swimming through CONCRETE.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Read from bottom to top, the pictures are out of order.

Which one do you consider more impressive? Sneak up on beginning Garou vs swimming through concrete faster than the dragon cat that trying his best to get away?

IMO, maybe TTM is stronger but Puri Puri is faster? I'm just pretty impressed with Puri Puri Prisoner recently, so I wonder if his improvement is enough to beat other S classes. I do see that he could lose to TTM if they face off though since the battles in manga don't always rely on feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP by feats

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cromulor

@poeticwarrior: I don’t think Nyan was specified as going fast while he was traveling through the wall. He didn’t think Puri would be able to follow him because he left the Prisoners to deal with him. But Puri accidentally killed all of the prisoners after Nyan left.

Also, Nyan and Puri aren’t doing the same thing. Puri is using Angel Crawl + Vibration Angel + Bristle Armor to dive through the concrete and “swim” forward undamaged. Nyan is sliding through a crack in the wall, because that’s his ability. He can climb through any space that’s wider than 3 milimeters. So which is faster: a superhuman busting his way through a wall or a giant cat man attempting to slide through a crack he can fit through? I mean it wasn’t like Puri could react at all when Nyan actually attacked him at the beginning of the fight.

As well, Nyan specifies that Puri is a bad matchup for him. Love based powers are like Nyan’s Kryptonite and that’s what Puri is all about. Even though when Nyan actually hit Puri is was almost a killshot. It’s sort of like Sweet Mask VS Fuhrer Ugly: whereas Sweet Mask can’t stand ugliness, Nyan can’t stand love.

Also, whether Puri is faster than Nyan or not, in the second to last chapter Current Garou utterly destroyed Puri in a couple of hits. Current Garou > Human Garou for sure, but Tank Top Master actually had some degree of comparable stats to Human Garou while Current Garou just made Puri look like fodder.

Again though, the match is in Puri’s favor dramatically because of the fact that he’s got way more feats and a much more quantifiable place in the tiers. Tank Top Master will probably get his time in the sun sooner or later, the story seems to shift between which of the S-Class heroes it focuses on overtime.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP has surpassed TTM at this point in the story. TTM has been severely lacking in feats and relevance ever since he first appeared honestly.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By poeticwarrior

@cromulor said:

@poeticwarrior: I don’t think Nyan was specified as going fast while he was traveling through the wall. He didn’t think Puri would be able to follow him because he left the Prisoners to deal with him. But Puri accidentally killed all of the prisoners after Nyan left.

Also, Nyan and Puri aren’t doing the same thing. Puri is using Angel Crawl + Vibration Angel + Bristle Armor to dive through the concrete and “swim” forward undamaged. Nyan is sliding through a crack in the wall, because that’s his ability. He can climb through any space that’s wider than 3 milimeters. So which is faster: a superhuman busting his way through a wall or a giant cat man attempting to slide through a crack he can fit through? I mean it wasn’t like Puri could react at all when Nyan actually attacked him at the beginning of the fight.

As well, Nyan specifies that Puri is a bad matchup for him. Love based powers are like Nyan’s Kryptonite and that’s what Puri is all about. Even though when Nyan actually hit Puri is was almost a killshot. It’s sort of like Sweet Mask VS Fuhrer Ugly: whereas Sweet Mask can’t stand ugliness, Nyan can’t stand love.

Also, whether Puri is faster than Nyan or not, in the second to last chapter Current Garou utterly destroyed Puri in a couple of hits. Current Garou > Human Garou for sure, but Tank Top Master actually had some degree of comparable stats to Human Garou while Current Garou just made Puri look like fodder.

Again though, the match is in Puri’s favor dramatically because of the fact that he’s got way more feats and a much more quantifiable place in the tiers. Tank Top Master will probably get his time in the sun sooner or later, the story seems to shift between which of the S-Class heroes it focuses on overtime.

I would say that Puri Puri Prisoner was attacked by a sneak attack. Even when you're fast, you're not totally immune to sneak attacks or that you could dodge every single attack. Someone like Atomic Samurai who has extremely fast combat speed still got hit by a sneak attack by Black Sperm. If a character is compatible in speed, some external circumstances could get them hit like with Sonic and the sudden increased in Deep Sea King's speed. That is not to say that you're wrong. Nyan could have higher combat speed. I just don't think that being hit in the OPM is as cut and dry as speed difference most of the time.

I see your point regarding Garou, I wouldn't use current half transformed Garou for anything though. At his current form, he could beat most of the S class. If Tank Top Master were there instead of PPP, I'm 100% sure he would have gotten beaten the same way. I think, at that point, it's right before he could beat Darkshine and Darkshine is like the third strongest S rank.

The webcomic seems to indicate a war between S class, so maybe other S classes like Tank Top Master and Watchdog Man could shine. I don't even know how strong Watchdog Man is at this point.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP has surpassed TTM at this point in the story. TTM has been severely lacking in feats and relevance ever since he first appeared honestly.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP definitely has more feats but being equal to post-Goketsu Genos in physicals is more impressive than any of said feats in my opinion.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By poeticwarrior

@oreoghoul said:

PPP definitely has more feats but being equal to post-Goketsu Genos in physicals is more impressive than any of said feats in my opinion.

I don't think Genos fight with his physical strength as the main thing though, right? Most of the time, he tends to use his speed and fire power and tech to end fight. I don't remember Genos ever uses his physical ability to end a fight. I just don't have a good gauge of how powerful physical genos is during that comparison.

DreadBringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior said:

@oreoghoul said:

I don't think Genos fight with his physical strength as the main thing though, right? Most of the time, he tends to use his speed and fire power and tech to end fight. I don't remember Genos ever uses his physical ability to end a fight. I just don't have a good gauge of how powerful physical genos is during that comparison.

Not to end fights, but Genos definitely uses them too. Machine Gun Blows.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oreoghoul

@poeticwarrior: Well we know Genos was stronger than PPP during the DSK arc given both their performances against him. Genos was able to trade blows with one arm and inflict damage while PPP was completely outclassed and barely phased DSK. PPP has gotten much stronger since then, but so has Genos and I don’t think there’s any implication that PPP has surpassed Genos in physicals, who TTM is equal to post-Goketsu.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By poeticwarrior

@oreoghoul said:

@poeticwarrior: Well we know Genos was stronger than PPP during the DSK arc given both their performances against him. Genos was able to trade blows with one arm and inflict damage while PPP was completely outclassed and barely phased DSK. PPP has gotten much stronger since then, but so has Genos and I don’t think there’s any implication that PPP has surpassed Genos in physicals, who TTM is equal to post-Goketsu.

The thing is that PPP outclass Deep Sea King at this point. The author confirmed him to have one shot a monster of Deep Sea King level and didn't even hurt when he got hit by that monster. We don't know who has higher striking power at this point, I would say, since we know that PPP's durability can tank Deep Sea King level attack and one shot that monster who's as strong as Deep Sea King. Of course, it could be that Genos is stronger than PPP in striking power but I don't think there's a clear answer with the recent showing of PPP surpassing DSK in both striking and durability to the point where he fodderizing them. That's not even taking into account angel vibration. The thing is that PPP has a HUGE upgrade during the monster's association, so his attacking power with vibration is a lot stronger than Garou's evaluation at an early point.

"Having become stronger, he also defeated a monster as powerful as the Deep Sea King by using the killing technique he learned from him. His punches are heavier than rocks and harder than iron."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G4 Genos needed two hits to kill DSK. If you scale PP off this then he stomps.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP is on whole other level. The only thing TTM has in his corner, arguably is sheer physical strength, but even that only applies to lifting/throwing vis his boulder feat, while PPP has the edge in striking. In all other categories like speed, durability, technique, versatility, etc PPP stomps.

TOPAZZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP curbstomps

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agrape said:

Going off this TTM > PPP, as the latter needed dozens of punches to kill the monster equal to Sea King.

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agrape: @maybetomorrow: I’m fairly sure Vacuuma was the monster stated to be roughly equal to DSK, and PPP killed him with one hit.

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By maybetomorrow
@agrape said:

@maybetomorrow: he wasn't using his vibration though

That was G4 Genos regardless, not even post Gouketsu Genos.

Also not arguing TTM>ppp, I’ve already gave my thoughts in this thread.

@kingcrimson said:

@agrape: @maybetomorrow: I’m fairly sure Vacuuma was the monster stated to be roughly equal to DSK, and PPP killed him with one hit.

he is equal to DSK but all you have to do is scroll up in this thread to see it was more than one punch. It was also stated by Murata that he used DSK’s technique which is a flurry of punches.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maybetomorrow: The monster seen above isn’t Vacuuma - that’s what I was saying.

Vacuuma was the huge elephant monster who could absorb powers.

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By maybetomorrow

@kingcrimson said:

@maybetomorrow: The monster seen above isn’t Vacuuma - that’s what I was saying.

Vacuuma was the huge elephant monster who could absorb powers.

My bad. When was he confirmed to be as strong as DSK? The statement wasn’t for him, was there another one?

This is the statement btw

No Caption Provided

He didn’t use dsk‘s move on the elephant monster

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By poeticwarrior

@maybetomorrow said:
@agrape said:

Going off this TTM > PPP, as the latter needed dozens of punches to kill the monster equal to Sea King.

Isn't multi-punch is part of the technique like with water stream move from Bang? We don't know if it would have required that many punches to kill DSK's level monster (It's not Vakuuma, as Vakuuma is WAAY after the interview). It's just to pulverize the monster, kinda like when Saitama does the series of punches on a monster, one punch may be enough or 2. I personally would have considered it a one hit combo thing where he does multiple punches as dark angel rush technique required but we don't know if it needed that many to kill that DSK's level monster? It's also the case with Bang and his water fist. He does multiple punches, but I would consider it one shot against the monsters like with the boxer monster. I think it's just to show how fast they can attack more than how many hits it takes to kill the monster. Vacuuma is WAAY after, and I have a feeling that he's stronger than DSK and the Vibration Angel punch did one shot him. I think it's more of a feats for PPP to defeat Vacuuna with one punch later on which to show how strong he is and the growth he gains from the Monster Association's arc. I'm not sure how strong Vakuuma is seeing as how powerful PPP has become, since we tend to need groups being beaten by monsters to know how powerful they are without author's statement. Hell, people thought DSK and Carnage Kabuto are on the same level before the author's statement on here.

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lichvanastrea
KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maybetomorrow: @lichvanastrea: Huh, that’s my bad. I’d never seen the quote before and I’d been told it was Vacuuma. Every day is a school day.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By poeticwarrior

@kingcrimson said:

@maybetomorrow: @lichvanastrea: Huh, that’s my bad. I’d never seen the quote before and I’d been told it was Vacuuma. Every day is a school day.

IMO, I think Vacuuma is stronger than DSK, considering he was able to scrape Puri Puri Prisoner and push him to evolve his attacks into vibration while a monster on the level of DSK couldn't even hurt PPP. It's more impressive for PPP to defeat him in one shot with Vibration than with Dark Angel Rush he put on DSK.

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: Even if you feel he could have one shotted him or not it doesn’t matter, he didn’t. That’s it. He took a punch from him first so he knew his power, and proceeded to use a technique that called for his using dozens of punches. If he could have killed him in one blow he likely would have, all we know is that he didn’t.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maybetomorrow: I guess you could say the same thing about Saitama, Bang, and Genos when they do multi punch? Although regardless, it doesn't make a difference in my original point that he stomps someone who is on DSK level, indicating that he's a lot stronger than DSK period. I don't think how many punches it takes to destroy someone like DSK matter as much as how he stomps someone on that level. That's all I suppose.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as of now, PPP is much faster, but TTM is still stronger with the Genos comparison/statement and his boulder feat. Both were put down almost instantly by Garou in the manga, so their durability should be comparable.

maybetomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maybetomorrow: I guess you could say the same thing about Saitama, Bang, and Genos when they do multi punch? Although regardless, it doesn't make a difference in my original point that he stomps someone who is on DSK level, indicating that he's a lot stronger than DSK period. I don't think how many punches it takes to destroy someone like DSK matter as much as how he stomps someone on that level. That's all I suppose.

Saitama is a poor example given the name of the series, the fact that he never tries with any of his opponents and can in fact, take out anyone he has come across with his normal punches. Bang and Genos obviously vary on who they’re going against.

And I never denied that he was above DSK. I merely pointed out that he never one shotted the DSK level monster, which he didn’t. You came at me with the speculation on why he could probably one shot him, not me.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maybetomorrow: I consider it a multi hit combo once shot as part of a technique like Bang and Genos but it's just semantic and it was someone else who talked to you about it, i was just giving you my opinion on it, but it's pretty besides the point and wouldn't contribute much to this specific topic of battle so probably should just end it here.

M-081504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prisoner bristle armor Is quite stronger, tank top would never be able to stand his own against nyan, current puri destroyes tank top, in the webcomic he held his own against raiden that in a strength test best darkshine

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current PPP is stronger than TTM

wing_dings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP is faster and stronger, TTM doesn't have alot of feats outside of throwing huge structures high up in the sky really fast.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GangOrca

Current PPP has better scaling feats while TTM has better raw feats (then again, so does Hammerhead with his battle suit and even pre-MA arc Pur-Puri was stated to be stronger than him). Going with PPP unless TTM directly outperforms him in battle.

M-081504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76: yeah, in webcomic he heled his own against raiden that in sparing match was able to beat up darkshine

Avatar image for deactivated-619c434aa2090
deactivated-619c434aa2090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats PPP kick his ass.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca said:

Current PPP has better scaling feats while TTM has better raw feats (then again, so does Hammerhead with his battle suit and even pre-MA arc Pur-Puri was stated to be stronger than him). Going with PPP unless TTM directly outperforms him in battle.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fares TTM with current feats?