Who wins and why?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 takenstew22  Moderator

Puri seems faster, stronger and more durable but I don't know if he'll handle Stormbreaker.

Loses R1 if Thor gets a lucky shot, wins R2.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1) Thor due to having better durability (star feat) and flight with ranged attacks

R2) Thor wins in lightning mode

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor could win by staying in the air and spamming lightening and thunders . However , since the writers never write him to effectively use his powers , he goes into a brawl with Puri and gets his ass handed to him .

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

he can also react and dodge to beams/lasers, has pain tolerance to injuries, has regeneration, has durability enhancing power called "bristle armor" to withstand dragon level attacks

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Puri seems faster, stronger and more durable but I don't know if he'll handle Stormbreaker.

Loses R1 if Thor gets a lucky shot, wins R2.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1) Thor due to having better durability (star feat) and flight with ranged attacks

R2) Thor wins in lightning mode

The Star Feat is less impressive than BoS Genos' blasts.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: LOL, you think Genos is hiding a star in his chest or something??

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer: That was a tiny star and he only took a heat beam from it. It's not like the star went super nova on him. The feat isn't really that impressive, and it is nowhere near star level. It isn't even mountain level.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e714470be42
deactivated-61e714470be42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP blitz and one shot both round

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: lol, it was the full force of the star. The Dyson sphere collects the output of the 1 mile wide neutron star and emits in a concentrated beam. Thor stood in it's path for nearly a minute.

The best feat in all MCU/DCEU.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm unfamiliar with PPP. So I'm watching for more feats ..thus far Thor has This, but that could change

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nwname  Moderator

@chazzer: A tiny star that had to be reignited. Going by its color its not hotter than 6600 K and the feat is not even a 100 kt feat. And there was no force behind the beam. Thor can be one shotted by PPP.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Reignited meaning new fuel and subsequent fusion, right? You still have to account for radiation, and matter being blasted out of the gate.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@chazzer: Idk if it means restarting fusion. We are nit given any info on what it means. Anyway the feat is at most a ~91 kt feat even if the sphere was taking %100 of the star and using it all on the beam. Anything higher is disproven by the stars color.

Well 91 kt is still the best heat resistance feat from MCU/DCEU. But Thor is still weak to force/impacts.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chazzer

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Sure, but we still have those other factors to include as he was being bombarded with radiation and particles blowing past him.

Oh, yeah. Puri Puri is basically Hulk with superspeed. In hand to hand, he stomps.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat Thor? I'm fully confident IW Thor wrecks

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer:

lol, it was the full force of the star.

The full force of a star is a supernova.

The Dyson sphere collects the output of the 1 mile wide neutron star and emits in a concentrated beam. Thor stood in it's path for nearly a minute.

He stood in font of a tiny portion of the stars power. If that star can last for millions of years, a tiny beam form it for a minute would be such a minor fragment of it's power it's not even worth mentioning. The force of it only sent Thor tumbling at relatively slow speeds, and Thor doesn't have the strength to lift a mountain, so clearly the force wasn't even close to mountain level, and the only other thing to mention is the heat, which is below the heat of a nuke.

The best feat in all MCU/DCEU.

No, there are far better feats, like Thanos destroying a moon, the snap, Ego getting killing life across the universe, Doomsday and Superman surviving a point blank nuke (which are much hotter than the surface of stars), ect.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A small star.

Never change comicvine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: lol, no. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Full force means the output of the star is collected by the sphere. Every second it outputs a certain amount of energy, then when the gate is opened, it channels the collected energy in the form of a beam. That is what full force means.

Those are not feats of a character, those are the stones exercising their power.

Neutron Star > nuke feat.

The nuke's heat lasts a fraction of a second. Also, being very high altitude/space lessens the effect substantially.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP wrecks. Too fast, too strong.

Stormbreaker could harm him, but I don’t see him landing a headshot before getting pummelled into the ground.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheVVitchKing

PPP wins due to vastly better strength and speed though lightning can be a problem here

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP is strong, even has a higher striking output than Thor, but Thor's Durability and Stormbreaker can give him a win in most cases.

Thor 6/10

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 morpheus_  Moderator

PPP blitzes, takes Stormbreaker and cuts off Thor's head.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor pretty easily. The Prisoner doesn't even have real speed feats.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 morpheus_  Moderator

@sy8000 said:

Thor pretty easily. The Prisoner doesn't even have real speed feats.

Producing afterimages of his blows and hitting monsters 10-20 times in one panel is laughably beyond what Thor has exhibited.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arqe

Stop wanking "Star Feat" he died and revived.

He didn't tank anything. So could you please .... Stop it.

I think there is an official statement for that moment "Thor's smoldering husk".

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: I don't remember the afterimage bit and I honestly didn't see the other instance as indicative of speed.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 morpheus_  Moderator

@sy8000 said:

@morpheus_: I don't remember the afterimage bit and I honestly didn't see the other instance as indicative of speed.

Why not? It's a staple for Murata to display speed by not necessarily showing the blows but demonstrating how many times a character managed to strike within the course of what should be a minimal amount of time.

The afterimages part is during an Angel Dash (or however PPP calls it). IIRC, Chapter 105.

It's not that PPP is particularly fast, either. It's just that Thor is way too slow - he isn't even demonstrably faster than MCU street levelers. He's durable enough and sufficiently strong, but he certainly lacks in combat speed and reactions.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not? It's a staple for Murata to display speed by not necessarily showing the blows but demonstrating how many times a character managed to strike within the course of what should be a minimal amount of time.

The afterimages part is during an Angel Dash (or however PPP calls it). IIRC, Chapter 105.

It's not that PPP is particularly fast, either. It's just that Thor is way too slow - he isn't even demonstrably faster than MCU street levelers. He's durable enough and sufficiently strong, but he certainly lacks in combat speed and reactions.

The monster was pastrified after the first hit so it couldn't really retaliate, however it does look like all those hits connected at the same moment and he made an afterimage with each.

I agree that Thor is considerably slower than MCU Cap. The Prisoner lacks the feats to do much damage to him though. It seemed like he needed to figure out a technique just to get the stats to swim through concrete. Not sure how he puts Thor down or deals with lightning cloak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_ said:
@sy8000 said:

PPP is pertty fast actually,someone like Iaian who has supersonic speed is a fodder compere to him

Avatar image for deactivated-5d065fa72d466
deactivated-5d065fa72d466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP both rounds

LyonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker could harm him, but I don’t see him landing a headshot before getting pummelled into the ground.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kingcrimson said:

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@sy8000: Thor in his prime + Stormbreaker probably indicates this is IW Thor and not the Ragnarok version or Lebowski Thor.

As for PPP, it's why I brought up him taking Stormbreaker - it has no enchantment to prevent him from doing so and Thor has a penchant for using it like he did with Mjolnir, often throwing it at an opponent as a projectile. PPP should be capable of avoiding that and going in for a barrage of blows or just snatching the weapon and using it on him. Thanos was able to use Stormbreaker against Thor and he is not as fast as PPP, by a long shot. It might take a while to bypass Thor's blunt force durability otherwise. Thor could use an AOE attack to shock him and get the upper hand but I'm not sure how affected PPP would be.

In the h2h round, it really depends on how much credence you give to ONE's statements. We know the monster PPP demolished in the MA arc is meant to be on par with DSK, whom PPP was unable to seriously harm in their encounter - and DSK was blasted through the missile-proof shelter and through multiple buildings by Genos, only to essentially no-sell that and return in seconds. The Prisoner hitting a monster on par with him with sufficient force to rip it to shreds should be a good indicator of what he could do to Thor.

@zxc6 said:

PPP is pertty fast actually,someone like Iaian who has supersonic speed is a fodder compere to him

I meant he's not particularly fast compared to other top tiers in speed in his respective universe.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eri_Joni  Online

@lan_fan said:
@lyonknight said:
@kingcrimson said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: @zxc6 said:

I meant he's not particularly fast compared to other top tiers in speed in his respective universe.

True,but PPP's speed is way more than enough to blitz Thor without a problem

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_:

As for PPP, it's why I brought up him taking Stormbreaker - it has no enchantment to prevent him from doing so and Thor has a penchant for using it like he did with Mjolnir, often throwing it at an opponent as a projectile. PPP should be capable of avoiding that and going in for a barrage of blows or just snatching the weapon and using it on him. Thanos was able to use Stormbreaker against Thor and he is not as fast as PPP, by a long shot. It might take a while to bypass Thor's blunt force durability otherwise. Thor could use an AOE attack to shock him and get the upper hand but I'm not sure how affected PPP would be.

It's possible this could work. He'd have to power through lightning cloak and catching the hammer at the wrong angle risks losing a hand.

I definitely think lightning would affect him.

In the h2h round, it really depends on how much credence you give to ONE's statements. We know the monster PPP demolished in the MA arc is meant to be on par with DSK, whom PPP was unable to seriously harm in their encounter - and DSK was blasted through the missile-proof shelter and through multiple buildings by Genos, only to essentially no-sell that and return in seconds. The Prisoner hitting a monster on par with him with sufficient force to rip it to shreds should be a good indicator of what he could do to Thor.

Being on par with DSK is vague. The monster only really showed energy attacks as his main power which doesn't say anything about strength and durability. Also while I normally consider Word of God absolute ONE's statements are so damn hard to work with. PPP calls himself the weakest S Class in the webcomic, how can you reconcile beating the Sea King with being weaker than Zombieman and Tanktop Master, especially when both are built on statements? I don't really know what to think. To begin with, the upper limits of Sea King's durability depends on how powerful Genos' blast was in that instance. Visually he hasn't done anything that would top Thor.

Based on the Prisoner's own showings, he needed a specific technique to swim through concrete which seems like the most indicative thing there is towards his stats. So I don't consider him on Thor's level.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PPP fists him.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: you shouldn't forget than by ONE's own statement Zombieman could have beaten Sea King and Tanktop Master was said to be as strong as Genos by Garou, so PPP being weaker than both of them and still being strong enough to trash DSK lvl opponents doesn't sound particularly far-fetched to me.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

PPP should win round 2. I do have some doubts about round 1 and Stormbreaker's inclusion but he could here as well.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@sy8000: you shouldn't forget than by ONE's own statement Zombieman could have beaten Sea King and Tanktop Master was said to be as strong as Genos by Garou, so PPP being weaker than both of them and still being strong enough to trash DSK lvl opponents doesn't sound particularly far-fetched to me.

I didn't know ONE stated Zombieman could beat Sea King but that really just reinforces the point of ONE's statements being hard to use. Zombieman has barely superhuman stats outside healing and it took him minutes to heal from wounds inflicted by Noserfatu. Sea King would easily no-sell and incapacitate him.

He didn't say Tanktop Master was as strong as Genos, he said Genos was as strong as Tanktop Master. Which definitely felt like more of an "at least as strong" statement than definitive equality as the point of that internal monologue was that Garou was screwed in that setup. For that matter Genos has few feats of raw strength that can't be attributed to blasts.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Toratorn

@sy8000: don't forget than Zombieman also survived a week-long beatdown at hands of Asura Rhino, and then killed him after the latter exhausted himself (in a simulation). Zombieman's forte is definitely outlasting his opponents, and it should be more than obvious that being an S-Class he is not just some human stats mook who can only heal. After all, he managed to tag Pureblood, who was catching bullets, and did so repeatedly.

What's the difference? Garou compared them in strength, and his words are reliable because he fought both of them. And that's significant because Genos 3 upgrades prior to Garou's fight was equally matching DSK in h2h while being short on one arm. So if TTM is comparable to version of Genos much stronger than the one that fought DSK, he should be able to physically maul DSK as well.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sy8000

@toratorn:

@sy8000: don't forget than Zombieman also survived a week-long beatdown at hands of Asura Rhino, and then killed him after the latter exhausted himself (in a simulation).

The audiobook fights are dumb and shouldn't be mentioned. Do we even know what rules the simulation was following to determine victory? If it didn't end the match for incapacitation that wouldn't be the same as the forums. In a forum setup Carnage Kabuto would easily win by pastrifying him leaving Zombieman incapacitated for hours.

Zombieman's forte is definitely outlasting his opponents, and it should be more than obvious that being an S-Class he is not just some human stats mook who can only heal. After all, he managed to tag Pureblood, who was catching bullets, and did so repeatedly.

He only tagged Noserfatu after repeated tries because he was fodder in strength and durability. Zombieman also bent a metal bar but no way is he hurting Sea King.

What's the difference? Garou compared them in strength, and his words are reliable because he fought both of them.

Because he was appraising Genos, not Tanktop Master, There's room for Genos to be stronger in his statement, Tanktop Master does not have the same room. Garou did not say "he's definitely exactly as strong as Tanktop Master." It was quite clearly an "at least as strong" scenario. Genos benefits from scaling here, Tanktop Master doesn't.

And that's significant because Genos 3 upgrades prior to Garou's fight was equally matching DSK in h2h while being short on one arm. So if TTM is comparable to version of Genos much stronger than the one that fought DSK, he should be able to physically maul DSK as well.

Genos got smacked with one arm. Not sure what you mean by Genos being "much" stronger. He gets upgrades but never gets better feats.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Toratorn

@sy8000: "audiobook fights are dumb"

"ONE's statements don't count because I can't make sense of them"

These are not arguments. These are your your biases and they are irrelevant here. Try again.

So what? Pureblood was casually catching super-bullets out of air, tagging him at all is a testament of his superhuman stats. I'd like to see you tag someone with reflexes that good at least once in thousand tries.

Except TTM does benefit from that statement since there is a parity established between him and Genos. As a matter of fact, there's not room for Genos to be stronger than TTM from that statement, seeing how he doesn't hold back and was going for kill. TTM, on the other hand, WAS holding back against Garou.

No he wasn't. He was trading blows equally with him and only lost because he decided to protect the girl and get doused in acid. It's a fact that Genos got much stronger since he was able to steamroll DSK in two attacks during the simulation (and that was, you know, BEFORE he got upgraded once again and fought Garou), so your point is moot.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer: That beam was meant to extract the heat of the star to melt metal. If the beam actually had a lot of force it would rip right through the metal of the forge. Stop kidding yourself, the feat isn’t nearly as impressive as you want it to be.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sy8000

@toratorn:

These are not arguments. These are your your biases and they are irrelevant here. Try again.

...in both the manga and webcomic Zombieman needed 3 minutes to heal the wounds from Pureblood. This undisputibly puts his healing below what would be needed to stay intact fighting mid tier opponents. My argument is based on showings.

So what? Pureblood was casually catching super-bullets out of air, tagging him at all is a testament of his superhuman stats. I'd like to see you tag someone with reflexes that good at least once in thousand tries.

I acknowledged Zombieman was moderately superhuman but he's no more than that.

Except TTM does benefit from that statement since there is a parity established between him and Genos. As a matter of fact, there's not room for Genos to be stronger than TTM from that statement, seeing how he doesn't hold back and was going for kill. TTM, on the other hand, WAS holding back against Garou.

You're attributing way too much specificity to Garou's statement especially since its a statement not proven by feats. For that matter Genos barely even exerted himself with regards to physical strength. TTM got mollywhooped by a version of Garou who had no feats to be comparable to Sea King and hadn't adapted to anyone significant yet.

No he wasn't. He was trading blows equally with him and only lost because he decided to protect the girl and get doused in acid. It's a fact that Genos got much stronger since he was able to steamroll DSK in two attacks during the simulation (and that was, you know, BEFORE he got upgraded once again and fought Garou), so your point is moot.

It's not a fact that Genos is much stronger because he rarely gains better feats after his upgrades. He's always been able to steamroll the Sea King, Sea King only took the advantage via a sneak attack and was easily outfought before then.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor loses Round 2 hands down. We’ve seen what lightning does to Puri, and even along side a bunch of other elements nothing happened. Puri’s faster and has better striking feats. Even if you want to say Thor has the better durability because of his neutron star feat from Infinity War, he’s not going to hurt Puri either with any of the punches he’s ever dealt out. And Puri WILL wear him down with combo attacks like his Angel Rush and Dark Angel Rush that he can dish out in seconds. Any damage Thor does do to Puri can just be dished back with Vibration Angel.

As for Round 1, this one is harder. Stormbreaker can give Thor a mobility advantage and give him a piercing weapon. We saw how Base Puri got taken down by a single slash of Nyan’s Claws. Though Nyan is a very powerful being in OPM and I’m sure his claws are very sharp, that doesn’t look good for Puri’s piercing durability. However, Puri’s Bristle Armor strengthens his defense a lot and Vibration Angel can still be used to dish back damage received. Also, lightning still shouldn’t change anything here. I’m still going with Puri here for a majority, but Thor can win if he did something like cut off Puri’s head with Stormbreaker.