Pure HTT Tourney: Noobmaster2001 vs mrsyg (CLOSED: Noob is DQ'd)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001

Chars:

Xemnu (4)

Mandarin (2)

Atlas (2)

Perks:

Decent Teamwork (5)

Lightspeed For Mandarin (7)

@mrsyg

Chars:

Cyborg Superman (5)

Firestorm (2)

Mysterio (1)

Sabretooth (1)

Perks:

Decent Teamwork (5)

Hour of prep (2)

1 Character Point (3)

Half Dream Team (MCU Karnak, DCEU King Shark) (2 perk points)

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap, or KO. BFR is not allowed.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. 8 character points.
  4. 12 Prep points.
  5. Nothing too vague and/or confusing. Your opponent does need to understand what your character is supposed to do, after all. This is a general rule meant for stuff that relies on obfuscation (I.E lots of colourful language) or overly complicated mechanics.
  6. No reality-warping and/or any attempts to cheaply get past this with semantics (bro it's totally spatial manipulation tho, not reality warping at all nuh huh).
  7. No Power Stealing/sealing/draining.
  8. No speed stealing.
  9. No time manipulation.
  10. Summons, constructs, or other fodder are limited to 150. All summons working together should be able to hinder, but not easily defeat the opposing team. They cannot be amped either.
  11. Cloning is limited to 10.
  12. Character Requests are completely fine! But I will require a (cited) RT to judge. Anything less than at least a vast majority of feats covered will be automatically rejected, no ifs or buts.
  13. Characters cannot be amped beyond a 5 pointer. They also can't be faster than LS in speed in general even without amps, but this is just in case.

My tourneys also follow a Zero Tolerance Policy: any attempt to deceive or hide power levels from myself, being overly toxic in debates or just being a general annoyance will get you booted out very quickly.

No Caption Provided

616 Manhattan, unoccupied. Both teams start at opposite ends of Central Park.

Posts should come out every 14 or so days unless a reason is stated beforehand. No excuses otherwise.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for making the thread.

@mrsyg You want me to go first?

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TAEP

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TAEP

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

taep

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg said:

> Asks for collages

> Does not use collages in the OP

@professorrespect anyway, @noobmaster2001 has agreed to go first in another chat in case you missed it.

Collages are used for your first post, not for mine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg said:

> Asks for collages

> Does not use collages in the OP

@professorrespect anyway, @noobmaster2001 has agreed to go first in another chat in case you missed it.

Collages are used for your first post, not for mine.

Yeah but now the OP looks ugly tbh

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: less ugly than you

Great roast. Don't you have something better to do than throwing these like going to the playground?

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: well that was a casual roast,no need for offence ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

You are great, the roast was a joke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: well that was a casual roast,no need for offence ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

You are great, the roast was a joke.

Did I even offend you?

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: and yes,I do have homework lmao.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: nope, just go to the "is comicvine homophobic"thread and some dude is giving me threats lmao.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tellyg47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be watching good luck .

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I haven’t forgot. I have nearly half my post done.

I was pretty sure about that, I just wanted to check how it was going.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TAEP. My man Mysterio better represent.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP. My man Mysterio better represent.

I'm not using him so expect a nerfed performance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Opener and introduction

So for those that don't know, my team consists of, from right to left, Atlas, Xemnu and Mandarin. My team in my opinion pretty much ticks every box of what makes a powerful, good team. I have loads of versatility, HAX, brute force and decent teamwork thanks to my perks which means all of their powers and abilities will be blend nicely here and all of the advantages it provides will make my team pretty hard to put down. I'm going to list a brief bio of who my characters are, what they can do, their feats and the advantages they bring which makes me confident I can take Bram's team.

Atlas

No Caption Provided

Bio: Erik Josten was once an American soldier turned mercenary. While in South America he stumbled upon the lab of Baron Zemo, who had used this lab to create the ionic superhero called Wonder man. While in the lab, the Thor villain known as Enchantress convinced Erik to take part in the experiment which transformed him into Power man. After multiple fights with people like the Avengers, Spider-man and Luke Cage, Erik changed his name from Power man to Smuggler and then finally, Goliath. Years later, Erik was recruited into the Thunderbolts (actually the Avengers villains, the Masters of Evil in disguise) as Atlas, where he had eventually turned over a new leaf and became a full on superhero. Leaving his past as villain behind him.

If it wasn't already clear, Atlas possesses immense super human strength, invulnerability and the ability to alter his size thanks to being mutated by Pym particles. One thing that is very unique about Atlas comes from his ionic being. What this basically means is that he is an energy being that doesn't need to breath. Which means that if someone like Mysterio would attempt to knock out Atlas with gas, it wouldn't end well as it would have no effect.

Wonder man special #1

No Caption Provided

Atlas will be serving as the enforcer and muscle of my team and for 2 points, Atlas is a very solid brick. He's been stated to be one of the strongest people on the planet and that he's in the same weight class as Thor, Wonder man and Hercules.

Iron man #206

No Caption Provided

Him being very comparable to these three was more evident when he actually faced them.

Here, Goliath brutally beats Hercules (who admittedly was softened up from a fight with Tiger Shark, Wrecking Crew and Hyde) so much he appears to be KO'd and was later confirmed to be KO'd as he was beat on by Hyde and Wrecking Crew. This is pretty good and shows that Atlas is capable of brawling with your team.

Avengers #274

As for Wonder man, Erik has had many runs in with him. Usually doing very well.

Here he pretty much dominates Wonder man.

West Coast Avengers #1

And he does the same thing again.

Iron man annual #7

Later on, Wonder man admitted that Goliath was his equal in strength.

Wonder man #1

No Caption Provided

And finally we have Thor, who Atlas has done decently well against. He managed to tank many hits from the guy (made even more impressive considering Thor was angry at Atlas for beating up Hercules)

Avengers #276

And to end things off, he's even restrained Namor with one hand.

New Thunderbolts #9

No Caption Provided

I don't really want this to turn into a respect thread, but I want to give people an idea of what Atlas is capable of and basically what my strategy and plan for him is. He's a pretty strong heavyweight that can cause problems and even stomp individual members of your team given the chance. Especially with Xemnu and Mandarin there to help him slow other members down, to give Erik the chance to pummel them. This will do it for now, although be warned there are more showings I haven't mentioned from Atlas.

Xemnu

No Caption Provided

Bio: Xemnu ''The Living Hulk'' was one of the many criminals on an exile world that was about to be imprisoned. However, he snuck past many guards and got onto a nearby ship. The ship didn't have enough power to take him the whole way home and he crashed on a planet, now known as Earth. His unconscious body was found by a electrician called Joe Harper. He was then brought to a workshop where Xemnu was revived by electrolysis. When revived Xemnu revealed his origins and took control of Harper via his mental powers (as well as the entire planet too) while Xemnu was sabotaged by Harper who purposefully sabotaged Xemnu's ship leaving him to fly around the sun, he would return to cause problems for many of Earth's heroes. The most common being the Hulk.

So as you can guess, Xemnu is one of my most valued members as he possesses incredibly powerful telepathic abilities. As far as I'm concerned he should be able to affect nearly everyone on your team (if not everyone) as he can take control of your team and have them fight each other or simply shut them down mentally. One of the best examples of Xemnu's TP is a recent example where he takes over the entire world for the very first time.

Journey into Mystery #62

As you can see from the scans, this is a very impressive TP feat. After Xemnu was exiled from Earth, every single person forgot about it aside from Joe Harper who Xemnu removed from his TP and wanted to join him in space.

This wouldn't be the last time Xemnu would take control of people on the planet. Recently he performed one of his most impressive feats in rewriting the memories of everyone on Earth to forget that the Hulk existed and that Xemnu was the star of a series called ''Xemnu's magic planet'' this is obviously very impressive seeing as he made everyone on Marvel earth (aside from people like Savage Hulk)

Immortal Hulk #31

Later on the series, Xemnu performs another extremely impressive feat of ''rewritting history'' as he alters the memories and events in the Marvel universe (like Xemnu founding the X-men, being a member of the Avengers etc) this is a very impressive and honestly I'm having a hard time not seeing your team be affected by this. This is surely one of the most powerful feats of telepathy and most, if not all of your team would be affected by this.

Immortal Hulk #32

Next to finish this section off, Xemnu also displays an impressive telepathy + strength feat as it's stated that Colossunaut is the only one of the available X-men (which includes people like Emma Frost) capable of resisting Xemnu's telepathic power. Not only that, but it was also stated that Colossus needed help from Rulk (who had a device created to resist Xemnu's power) to restrain Xemnu.

Uncanny X-men #9

No Caption Provided

So to finish this short section on Xemnu off, he possess great stats + incredibly powerful telepathic abilities. Regardless of illusions cast from people like Mysterio, Xemnu should be able to control him and others as he was able to affect the memories of everyone on the planet numerous times. Not being able to see through Beck's illusions being is pretty irrelevant here as he's affected people numerous times without being able to see them. Cyborg Superman was recently affected mentally while in the Phantom zone with Eradicator, so Xemnu should be able to affect him with TP. Even if you prove he's immune, I have another way of taking him out via Mandarin that I'll get into later. Sabertooth, King Shark, Karnak based on what I can see will all be affected by this as they've never shown immunity on this level. Once again, there are more showings I could show, but we will get into that as the debate goes on.

Mandarin

No Caption Provided

Bio: The man known as the Mandarin was born in a small village in China, where he had spent his entire childhood doing forced labor. After the death of his mother, Mandarin killed her procurer, who he assumed was his father and delved into a life of crime. During the Communist revolution, the Mandarin had fled and became a fugitive. While on the run, Mandarin had found inside a cave in the Valley of spirits an alien spaceship, in which he found ten 10 small alien rings. Having spent loads of time mastering and learning more about the rings, his mind was tapped by the warrior spirits trapped in the rings. He then learned his real mission was to revive those dead warriors. Thus, the Mandarin was born!

Now if many of you don't know, Mandarin will be the sole versatility in my team and the one who I believe will cause the most problems for your team, especially since he's equipped with the lightspeed perk making him fast enough to tag anyone on your team. He has multiple forms of HAX at his disposal. Many of these would cause big problems for your team, like his freezing ray:

Iron man #100

No Caption Provided

Or his darkforce ring, which he can use to blind members on your team, like he's done to the Avengers:

Avengers #313

No Caption Provided

But most importantly, I think the ring that will prove most effective here is his matter arranger ring, which he's used to turn somebody into a beetle before:

Iron man #268

No Caption Provided

I think this ability would come in very handy in this battle, especially considering I don't think Cyborg Superman has any defense to being transmuted. Due to Mandarin having lightspeed here, he should be capable of tagging each member of team (and one-shotting most of them) its very in character for Mandarin to cycle through rings and even combine certain rings like he does here, when he combines the matter arranger ring + ice blast ring to dominate Radioactive man:

Iron man #180

No Caption Provided

I think its likely that Mandarin will eventually use the matter rearranger ring on Cyborg Superman after his other rings (like the impact beam ring, flame blast ring etc) won't work on the guy and he will resort to trying rings that will work. With light speed and with Xemnu+ Atlas, its very likely your team will have a lot to deal with and be overwhelmed. I normally would discuss other rings and abilities the Mandarin has, but to be honest I find these ones to be the most powerful and the key factor here. I'm not really sure if this ring would work on Firestorm, but Xemnu should be capable of taking him out.

Conclusion

So that's my opener and to summarise my points. My team has the speed advantage due to Mandarin having lightspeed and due to having decent teamwork, my team will work well together and combine there natural talents. Xenmu works with crowd control, Mandarin use his very versatile abilities and speed to take out menbers of your team and any one left gets stepped on by Atlas. No one on your team has a defense to Xemnu's TP (aside from maybe Cyborg Superman) but that's debatable considering his showing in the Phantom Zone recently and Mysterio's illusions won't stop that either because he's TP'd guys without seeing them and has controlled everyone on the planet. No one on your team has a defense to Mandarin transmutting them (except for maybe Firestorm) but once again, I don't see why Xemnu can't TP him and others to make them fight each other or just shut them down. Atlas can brawl with anyone on your team and half of your team can't hurt him significantly (Sabertooth, King Shark, Karnak) and will get booted or slammed on. Ultimately, it is hard to imagine your team winning, but I'm sure you have some strategy in mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Tellyg47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener - The MrSYG Dream Team

No Caption Provided

My team consists of the following characters;

• Mysterio
  • Firestorm
  • Cyborg Superman
  • Sabretooth
  • MCU Karnak
  • DCEU King Shark

In this scenario, the team has decent teamwork and 1 hour of prep. With these characters and these perks, I'm very confident that my team will beat yours quite easily. That being said, let's get into the characters.

Hank Henshaw, The Cyborg Superman

"Thought you could run, Superman. And maybe you can. But there's no place to hide." - Hank Henshaw

Introduction

Hank Henshaw was once a normal man with a normal life. He had a loving wife and all was good. He went on a space mission with her and some others, but they were exposed to cosmic radiation which turned them into upon their crash metahumans (Hmm, totally not a copy from other established characters). Anyway, the crash and the metahuman conflict brought attention to Superman, who basically came in the way of the group saving themselves from death. Anyway, the crew died, except for Henshaw. Henshaw got turned into an energy consciousness which means that he doesn't need to use a body anymore. He did build a body for himself with robotic parts, making himself resemble the Man of Steel. He became one of Superman's greatest enemies as the Cyborg Superman!

Physicals & Kryptonian Physiology

Cyborg Superman is very likely the biggest physical threat here. He has proven time and time again that his strength rivals, if not trumps, Superman;

Superman (1987) #107
Superman/Batman Annual #5

Scan 1 -2) Cyborg Superman easily stomps Supergirl, Eradicator, Steel and Superboy.

Scan 3 - 16) Cyborg Superman holds his own in an encounter with Doomsday.

Furthermore, there's statements that put him directly on the tier of Superman or even above that;

Superman (1987) #108 & Action Comics (1938) #999

Scan 1) Cyborg Superman states that he believes he is stronger than Post-Crisis Superman.

Scan 2) New 52 Superman acknowledges that Cyborg Superman is as strong and fast as he is.

Now that's established, let's move on to durability. This is one where I especially believe Cyborg Superman trumps everyone is this match. Cyborg Superman is sort of like Ultron. He's not a physical body, but rather a digital conscious or an energy being;

Adventures of Superman (1987) #531
Adventures of Superman (1987) #531

This can be used to inhabit different technological bodies, like ones he created himself;

Adventures of Superman (1987) #468

So even if you manage to destroy Henshaws body, he can always just create another with nearby materials, or move his conscious into a body into one he already created.

As for speed, I already mentioned and showed that Henshaw is essentially a better Superman in all categories, but for the sake of the argument, here's another example;

Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey #2
Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey #2

Henshaw lacks feats without rings, but he should logically be roughly the same speed as Superman is, which would most definetly mean that he's not getting statued by anyone on your team, Mandarin included. Rather, it means that Henshaw will statue most of yours.

Aside from the usual strength, speed, durability etc etc Henshaw also has Supermans heat vision and freeze breath;

Superman/Batman Annual #5 & Superman (1987) #81

Scan 1) Cyborg Superman his freeze breath hurts Doomsday.

Scan 2) Cyborg Superman his heat vision nearly knocks Mongul out.

All in all, Cyborg Superman is a Superman-tier character in most stats except for durability where he trumps him by far.

Technopathy

What makes Henshaw a huge threat to Superman besides his physicals is his ability to manipulate technology to his will. He can use this ability for stuff like hacking but also in more offensive ways;

Green Lanterns Corps (2006) & Green Lanterns #54

Scan 1) Cyborg Superman controls over a billion technological life forms.

Scan 2) Cyborg Superman can hack into complicated technology like the Green Lantern power battery.

Firestorm, The Nuclear Man

"You like rage, dude? How about the fury of Firestorm?" - Jason Rusch

Introduction

Considering that at this point there have been more canon incarnations of Firestorm than the years Frozen has been alive, I'll just do an origin of the Firestorm Matrix itself rather than go over one Firestorm specifically.

The Firestorm Matrix was created by Martin Stein, a highly intelligent professor working at a nuclear power plant. Stein wanted to prove the existence of the big bang by finding the spark that ignited it. He managed to do not only this, but also capture the spark. When edgy teens destroyed the nuclear power plant the spark became unstable and it exploded, and somehow, it fused Martin Stein and nearby teenager Ronnie Raymond into a single being; Firestorm, The Nuclear Man!

Anyway, what I think is important to note is that the tournament host has confirmed two separate important things regarding Firestorm here;

Physicals

I'd argue that Firestorm in composite is the most versatile character in this match by far. He possesses a wide variety of hax, but he also has the potential to hold his own in a physical encounter. Although it's not his strong suit, there's a couple of feats that make me believe he can tank powerful blows from Atlas or Xemnu. For example;

The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men #5

Here the New 52 versions of Firestorm tank a city-block level explosion without damage. Note that these Firestorms are Jason Rusch and Ronnie Raymond separate. The combined version of the two is far more powerful than this, but lacks feats. Anyway, what I consider more important is speed;

The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men #0, The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men #17 & Firestorm (2004) #6

The first and the third scan show Firestorm travelling to space in seconds. For reference, it takes light 2.5 seconds to travel to the moon, something that Firestorm also did in a couple of seconds. Even with a lightspeed perk for Mandarin, Firestorm still won't get statued.

The second scan shows Firestorm casually reacting to Kid Flash, who, like the usual Flashes, also moves at insanely high speeds. All in all, Firestorm has very good reflexes and his travel speed is also quite good.

Transmutation

Firestorm's key power is the ability to manipulate matter;

No Caption Provided

Here Firestorm turns Killer Frost her H2O into plain H, which perfectly shows off his ability. This is just a small showing of his potency, but he has performed feats at way higher levels;

Brightest Day #22 & JLA (1997) #71

Scan 1) Firestorm transmutates the Anti-Monitors helmet.

Scan 2) Firestorm states that he can turn the crust of the entire planet into water. While I normally don't take statements seriously, I feel like on this occasion Firestorm wouldn't try to inflate his capabilities.

While this type of transmutation is already powerful, it only really scratches the limit considering certain versions of Firestorm can also transmutate organic matter;

Firestorm (2004) #12

Here we see Firestorm manipulating the atoms of the villain Multiplex, who can basically create living copies of himself. There's more statements and feats of this but I think this should prove his capability of doing this.

Other Hax

Firestorm has a wide variety of hax on top of the previously mentioned abilities, but there's only a couple that I want to point out here. If an ability will become an important factor in the debate. For now, just two;

Firestorm (2004) #33
Firestorm (2004) #33

Firestorm is capable of lowering his density, which can make him become intangible. As for the last ability I will go over, he can fire powerful energy blasts which are called "Fusion Blasts";

Justice League of America (2006) #23, JLA (1997) #77 & JLA (1997) #73

Scan 1) Amazo uses Firestorms abilities to severly damage Superman.

Scan 2) Firestorm knocks back Superman with a fusion blast.

Scan 3) Firestorm states that he could nuke the threat at hand.

So essentially, energy blasts powerful enough to hurt Superman-tier beings.

Quentin Beck, Mysterio

"Regardless of the size of the audience... Always make an entrance boy... Always make an entrance!" - Quentin Beck

Introduction

Quentin Beck always had a love for movies. When he grew up he started to work at movie sets as a helping hand to people there. Despite his talent for special effects and stuff like that, he never really popped in the movie industry. When some random guy told him he should become a criminal, the madman actually did it. He designed a suit and several gadgets which turned him into Mysterio, the master of illusions!

Illusions

Mysterio is the self-titled "Master of Illusions", and he proved that time and time again when fighting Spider-Man. Mysterio is only a small part of my strategy and team so I'm just dumping some scans here;

Spider-Man (1990) #23 & Dead Man Logan #5

Scan 1) Mysterio tricks Spider-Man and some of the Fantastic Four into fighting their teammates.

Scan 2) Mysterio tricks Logan and a couple of X-Men into thinking the dead fodder on the floor was him.

Point is, Mysterio is capable of fooling characters with enhanced senses like Spider-Man and Wolverine.

1 Hour of Prep

My prep time will be split in various stages. It's all pretty self-explaining and simple that it would fit into an hour but I'll put rough estimates of time needed next to the titles anyway.

Stage 1; Introductions (5 Minutes)

This is a pretty obvious one. My team will spend a short couple of minutes to introduce each other so that they know their powers and limits. No suprise there, but the next thing might be; Cyborg Superman and Firestorm will knock Mysterio and Sabretooth unconscious so that they won't be walking in their way in the upcoming battle. Cyborg Superman then absorbs Mysterio's illusion technology into his own body, making him the one who controls the visual of the battlefield.

MCU Karnak and DCEU King Shark Dream Team will then search a place to hide. They are simply too powerful for my opponent's team and it wouldn't be fun to use them. I rather have a competitive match. They will only show up in case Firestorm and Cyborg Superman lose the fight.

Stage 2; Suiting Up (10 Minutes)

Of course I didn't pick Sabretooth for nothing. He has an use here. Now, as most people know, Sabretooth possesses an adamantium skeleton. While he is unconscious, Firestorm will use his ability of transmutation to turn Cyborg Supermans body into adamantium, making it even harder to destroy. Furthermore, he will make swords, knives, sharp projectiles etc. This provides my team with very dangerous weapons that would oneshot anyone on your team.

Now this may raise the question "How can Firestorm create an element he doesn't know"? Well, to do that, he has to learn the molecular structure of an object first. Lucky for me, Firestorm can see the chemical composition of objects when he sees it;

JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice #1
JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice #1

Stage 3; Controlling The Playing Field (10 Minutes)

For the next 10 minutes, Cyborg Superman will train for a bit with the illusions. Like I mentioned before, he hacked the Green Lantern Corps central power battery in a couple of weeks. Illusion tech shouldn't take much more time than 5 minutes. So after these couple of minutes spend to fully control it, he will spread the illusions over Central Park and probably a bit outside of it too.

Then, Cyborg Superman will hack into all of the camera's and technology of New York and connect it to him. This means that when someone spawns into the battlefield, my team will instantly know the location and visuals of the opponents. This will also include Cyborg Superman either making or getting com links for himself and Firestorm so that Firestorm also knows it when the opposing team is spotted.

Stage 4; Assembling The Troops (30 Minutes)

I should have 35 minutes left here, but I'll be leaving 5 minutes in case anything goes wrong. Never been a fan of tight schedules. Anyway, the last bit of my prep time will be both Firestorm and Cyborg Superman making 150 robotic fodders. These will be controlled by Cyborg Superman, ofcourse. To not go over the limits here I won't make all of the fodders Adamantium since I believe they would easily beat your team if that were the case. I do however give them Adamantium weapons.

Stage 5; Getting Ready (1 Minute)

This is just for my team to get ready to fight. The only thing really happening here is that Firestorm will become intangible and that Cyborg Superman will spread out some of the fodder across Central Park.

Prep Conclusion

So essentially what will be on the battlefield after my hour of prep is this;

• An Adamantium Cyborg Superman equiped with even more Adamantium weapons.
  • An intangible Firestorm equiped with Adamantium weapons.
  • A battlefield full of illusions and stuff where nothing will be what it seems.
  • 150 robotic constructs spread out on the battlefield equiped with Adamantium weapons.
  • Every piece of tracking technology such as camera's and infrareds will belong to my team.

The Battle

When you will spawn into the battlefield there will be illusions all over the place, which no one on your team can counter. You won't see my team or what the battlefield is at all. From then on it's all fairly simple.

The moment your team spawns on the battlefield Firestrom and Cyborg Superman will know due to the camera's and tech Cyborg Superman has hacked. Then both of them will travel towards your team. While your team is still spacing in illusion world, Firestorm will transmutate everyone on your team in ashes, and Cyborg Superman will take apart any mechanical parts your team may have. Before your team can react they are dead. The entire fight will be over in a second.

Now this may raise questions about Firestorms morality to do so. He's a superhero, and heroes don't kill. Well, as I've showed in the Firestorms introduction that I get to choose which personality Firestorm will get out of all of the hosts who have ever been apart of the Firestorm Matrix. This includes heroic characters we all know, but also Firestorms who, for example, are literal suicide bombs. Those would however not play well with Cyborg Superman in the prep time. So for my personality I will choose Pozhar. Pozhar is a heroic Firestorm in Post-Crisis, but in the New 52 he is a villain who has no problems with abusing his powers to kill whatsoever.

This is my opening strategy, but if you somehow get around it then I'm also pretty sure that I can beat your team in a physical encounter, especially with my Adamantium weapons and constructs. Only hope you have is hax from Xemnu and Mandarin but I will explain why that won't work in my counters section.

Counters

Just a short counter here. I will only counter stuff I think is necessary considering my post is actually already quite big.

Atlas

Alright, let's be honest here; Atlas will be a near non-factor. He is just a brick with size-shifting powers. He can't fly, while both of my team members can, and they both have ranged combat options to take him down if he manages to resist the transmutation somehow. He also has no counters to illusions at all so I doubt he's going to pull the win here. As for this;

One thing that is very unique about Atlas comes from his ionic being. What this basically means is that he is an energy being that doesn't need to breath. Which means that if someone like Mysterio would attempt to knock out Atlas with gas, it wouldn't end well as it would have no effect.

Wonder man special #1

No Caption Provided

Yeah I don't agree with this. Just because Wonder Man can doesn't mean Atlas can. Because from my knowledge, Wonder Man can't grow in size either. The fact that they are created by Pym Particles doesn't matter either as Pym Particles can give you a variety of powers such as size-control, density-control and enhanced physicals in general. Atlas only possesses the last of the three. Unless Atlas has a statement of him having the same exact same physiology as Wonder Man I'm not going with this.

Not that I was planning to use gas anyway, I just wanted to point this out.

Xemnu

Alright let's get the elephant out of the room here; Telepathy. Xemnu has a great reach with his power but I don't think it's enough to control either Firestorm or Cyborg Superman;

Cyborg Superman was recently affected mentally while in the Phantom zone with Eradicator, so Xemnu should be able to affect him with TP.

This was New 52 Cyborg Superman. In the New 52 he works completely different than in Post-Crisis. Instead of being an energy being Henshaw actually needed his physical body there. He still has hacking capabilities and such, but he can't rebuild himself with random technology on the battlefield. As for Post-Crisis, I wish Xemnu very good luck with mind-controlling an energy being.

As for Firestorm, he has decent defenses againt TP. He even managed to resist Martian Manhunter (who is also a planetary telepath, although not exactly on the level of Xemnu) from reading his mind, something significantly easier to do than mindcontrolling someone;

Firestorm (2004) #6
Firestorm (2004) #6

Plus, like I mentioned in my prep, Firestorm will start out phasing as a pre-cautionarry measure. And it seems like telepaths in the Marvel Universe often have trouble with intangible beings;

Thunderbolsts (1997) #136
Thunderbolsts (1997) #136

I'm not saying that Xemnu wouldn't be able to do TP intangible beings (although I think he does not have feats to do it either), but mind-controlling an intangible being who in solid state has already resisted mere mind reading from a planetary telepath? I don't think he can, and there's also another thing.

Now this one is more of a theory, but Martian Manhunter might not have been able to TP Firestorm due to the complexity of the Firestorm Matrix. Two people sharing one brain might have been too much for him. But now, with a composite, there's literally dozens of people in the Matrix all sharing the same brain. This might increase the complexity of using TP on Firestorm. This isn't confirmed though, so ignore this if you want. It's just something I wanted out there to increase the resistance here.

Anyway, I'd say this is enough to tell that both Firestorm and Cyborg Superman will not by mindcontrolled by Xemnu here, as powerful as he may be.

Mandarin

Mandarin might be your best card in this fight especially with his lightspeed perk, but that does not mean that he will be a huge problem here. He still needs to see through the illusions to know what is going on, and he doesn't have a counter for this as far as I know. Anyway, for the sake of counters I'll counter this as if he would be capable of aiming in the right direction.

Many of these would cause big problems for your team, like his freezing ray:

Iron man #100

No Caption Provided

Yeah, this won't be much of a problem. Firestorm could change the ice to water like I have already shown in the Firestorm part. A robot like Cyborg Superman also won't really be affected by freezing, especially since he could just take over a fodder construct equiped with the weapons to free himself or just continue to fight.

Or his darkforce ring, which he can use to blind members on your team, like he's done to the Avengers:

Avengers #313

No Caption Provided

Cyborg Superman doesn't have human eyes so this won't work on him, and while Firestorm doesn't have an explicit counter to this, I don't think it's in character to use mid-battle for Mandarin considering the only example you have shown is for a getaway.

But most importantly, I think the ring that will prove most effective here is his matter arranger ring, which he's used to turn somebody into a beetle before:

Iron man #268

No Caption Provided

I think this ability would come in very handy in this battle, especially considering I don't think Cyborg Superman has any defense to being transmuted. Due to Mandarin having lightspeed here, he should be capable of tagging each member of team (and one-shotting most of them)

Once again I'd love to see Mandarin transmutating an energy being. If he transmutates the body Cyborg Superman cn just move to another body. As for Firestorm, his transmutation powers are far above Mandarin's if the best he could do was change some random dude into a beetle, and while he does not have an explicit counter to it, it's pretty much an NLF argument to say that Mandarin can transmutate a being as complex as Firestorm.

I think its likely that Mandarin will eventually use the matter rearranger ring on Cyborg Superman after his other rings (like the impact beam ring, flame blast ring etc) won't work on the guy and he will resort to trying rings that will work. With light speed and with Xemnu+ Atlas, its very likely your team will have a lot to deal with and be overwhelmed. I normally would discuss other rings and abilities the Mandarin has, but to be honest I find these ones to be the most powerful and the key factor here. I'm not really sure if this ring would work on Firestorm, but Xemnu should be capable of taking him out.

Like I said, if Mandarin uses the matter manipulation ring on Cyborg Superman, Henshaw will just find another body to use. Not like Mandarin will get to hit anyone with the ring anyway considering he won't even see where who is. He'll get oneshotted by any attack from anyone on my team as I have seen 0 physical feats for him yet.

Conclusion

So that's my opener and to summarise my points. My team has the speed advantage due to Mandarin having lightspeed

Wrong. Only Mandarin will have a speed advantage, and only slightly considering both Firestorm and Cyborg Superman have moved at speeds comparable to lightspeed before and they both scale to characters who have like Superman.

and due to having decent teamwork, my team will work well together and combine there natural talents. Xenmu works with crowd control, Mandarin use his very versatile abilities and speed to take out menbers of your team and any one left gets stepped on by Atlas.

Xemnu will do absolutely nothing with his TP outside of maybe mind reading fodders, same goes for Mandarin, and Atlas will also step on no one since the key members of my team will be flying.

No one on your team has a defense to Xemnu's TP (aside from maybe Cyborg Superman) but that's debatable considering his showing in the Phantom Zone recently and Mysterio's illusions won't stop that either because he's TP'd guys without seeing them and has controlled everyone on the planet.

I already went over this. Cyborg Superman and Firestorm both have good enough telepathic resistance to say that Xemnu will not TP anyone.

No one on your team has a defense to Mandarin transmutting them (except for maybe Firestorm) but once again, I don't see why Xemnu can't TP him and others to make them fight each other or just shut them down.

This is based on the principle of Mandarin actually seeing where my team is, so it won't work.

Atlas can brawl with anyone on your team and half of your team can't hurt him significantly (Sabertooth, King Shark, Karnak) and will get booted or slammed on.

So to sum all of that post up;

• Cyborg Superman is a huge physical threat, now upgraded with an Adamantium body and weapons, with extremely powerful technopathy, he will control the visuals of the battlefield along with 150 constructs (also with Adamantium weapons) and any technology near the battlefield. He won't be TP'd and any of Mandarins rings won't work on him.
  • Firestorm is another physical threat with intangibility, energy blasts and matter manipulation. He will also be equiped with Admantium weapons. When the battle starts he will instantly transmutate anyone on your team, who don't have counters to it.
  • The battlefield will be completely controlled by my team with hacked tech and illusions of which your team yet again has no counters to.
  • Xemnu's TP will not work on anyone, Atlas is a near non-factor and Mandarin will also be near useless considering he has to aim with his rings to hit anyone on my team, which he can't do with the illusions.

Ultimately, it is hard to imagine your team winning, but I'm sure you have some strategy in mind.

First part didn't age so well. Tables have turned etc. Your turn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: Nice response, mate. You really put a lot of effort into it. I'll get a response up in a couple of days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: Nice response, mate. You really put a lot of effort into it. I'll get a response up in a couple of days.

Thanks! I had to do a lot of reading, which wasted multiple summer days, but the result was pretty fruitful Imo. Good luck on your counter!

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41edded34
deactivated-610a41edded34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job so far you towo 👏👏

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Stoakeryg at work

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001 said:

Bump, 1 week left

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Noob hasn't posted on CV for a couple of days now, and he hasn't been active in PM's and Discord either. I want to give him the chance to make his post as he told me really looked forward to it, but you might want to call in a reserve or let me continue to round 2 (if you think it would be too late to start a new match). Not an anime team tho, I'm not going to debate against that.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg said:

@professorrespect: Noob hasn't posted on CV for a couple of days now, and he hasn't been active in PM's and Discord either. I want to give him the chance to make his post as he told me really looked forward to it, but you might want to call in a reserve or let me continue to round 2 (if you think it would be too late to start a new match). Not an anime team tho, I'm not going to debate against that.

I'll make the call but I'll be fair to Noob and give him his days to post

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: I've gave Noob at least four days to make any sort of response on his networks and given he has a day and a half left to post, I doubt it's going to be made all in that space of time. I'll make a replacement thread shortly as I have a reserve ready and waiting to go.