No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Punisher has tracked Mysterio to an abandoned arcade at night
  • Mysterio knows he's coming and has 3 hours of prep
  • Punisher and Mysterio are both aiming for the kill
  • Standard gear and equipment

Who wins?

#2 Posted by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Beck right? Punisher won't get out of his illusions anytime soon especially with Prep. Wanna give it to Mysterio.

#3 Posted by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

You gave Mysterio prep. time? That's kinda over kill here.

#4 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Well, I felt it would be unfair for Beck if I didn't. Plus, I looked up this fight an d saw a Punisher vs Sinister Six where most people thought he won.

#5 Edited by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:

@bones309: Well, I felt it would be unfair for Beck if I didn't. Plus, I looked up this fight an d saw a Punisher vs Sinister Six where most people thought he won.

Seriously? The Six? Mysterio is pretty good on the spot. He once took on the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-man, Nova, and Ghost Rider at once pretty much on the spot if my memory is correct. He was only stopped by outside interference from Deathlok.

No Caption Provided

Edit: Had to add that Doc Ock once beat the Punisher with his back turned while talking on the phone. He aint beating the Six.

#6 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:
@depinhom said:

Seriously? The Six? Mysterio is pretty good on the spot. He once took on the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-man, Nova, and Ghost Rider at once pretty much on the spot if my memory is correct. He was only stopped by outside interference from Deathlok.

Well I don't know.

#7 Posted by KrleAvenger (26076 posts) - - Show Bio

Beck stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#8 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: That was the old punishe and if you can see he has only a pistol. Punisher ain't an idiot he's gonna be prepared with ak's, rocket launcher, etc.

#9 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#10 Posted by GothamCiti (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio handedly with the prep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#11 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio with prep should win. Without it though, it's 50/50 imo.

#12 Posted by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: That was the old punishe and if you can see he has only a pistol. Punisher ain't an idiot he's gonna be prepared with ak's, rocket launcher, etc.

I don't see how that stuff is going to help him against Mysterio and his illusions. It's not going to matter against Ock either, who beat him with his back turned while talking on the phone. The Punisher snuck up on him even. A pistol or an AK, it doesn't matter if he's beaten before he can pull the trigger.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
#13 Edited by MiracleComeBack (2153 posts) - - Show Bio

pun

#14 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio.

#15 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@bones309: Again that was the old punisher the new punisher is far more skilled. He's able to match widow who fought Elektra to a standstill.

#16 Posted by foxerdes (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio in a fight? Sweet

Still 3h prep will most likely grant him majority.

#17 Posted by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@bones309: Again that was the old punisher the new punisher is far more skilled. He's able to match widow who fought Elektra to a standstill.

….and that still doesn't mean much if anything against Doc Ock or Mysterio. Really the punisher was just as skilled, if not more so in the issue with Ock I posted from. He was able to shoot Spider-man's web shooters off his wrists. Ock still handled him with ease with his back turned.

#18 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Like I said IDK why in the comic punisher went to kill him from behind. If we're talking punisher written by a proper writer than he's going to use a sniper instead of a pistol.

#20 Posted by jayskee (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio

#21 Posted by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Like I said IDK why in the comic punisher went to kill him from behind. If we're talking punisher written by a proper writer than he's going to use a sniper instead of a pistol.

He clearly thought he had the drop on him….it didn't matter. Pistol or riffle, this issue clearly showed that despite Franks skilled marksmanship Ock is not so easily taken out. Really, given the situation, pulling a pistol made more sense. He didn't need a ranged weapon since he was very close to Ock. Pulling a pistol made the most sense. If Ock took him out before he could get a shot off with a quick to grab pistol. The time it'd have taken him to grab and aim a riffle would have been worst.

#22 Edited by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: U r ignoring the fact that punisher literally ran up to him when he has a long ranged weapon...writers and their stupidity. If this wans a proper writer like Hickman he would've made punisher just shoot him

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

@trust_this_786: Maybe he didn't have a sniper rifle in his pocket at the moment.

#24 Edited by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a battle that Mysterio can win.

#25 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Purveyor (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Misty

#27 Posted by omnipotence88 (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio

#28 Posted by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: U r ignoring the fact that punisher literally ran up to him when he has a long ranged weapon...writers and their stupidity. If this wans a proper writer like Hickman he would've made punisher just shoot him

Yeah, this was only written by that hack Frank Miller. What does he know about writing? The Punisher didn't have a long range weapon here but really it didn't matter since it was in a confined environment. He had the drop on Ock and the element of surprise. Ock had his back turned and was talking on the phone. It still didm't matter. Face it, Ock owned the Punisher with ease. This was the second time in the same issue too.

#29 Posted by C-HAWK (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: When did Mysterio take on "the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-man, Nova, and Ghost Rider at once pretty much on the spot"? Do you have any proof to back up this claim. I like Mysterio, but even I don't think that he is THAT good.

#30 Posted by Nefarious (35649 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio wins with prep.

#31 Posted by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@c-hawk said:

@bones309: When did Mysterio take on "the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-man, Nova, and Ghost Rider at once pretty much on the spot"? Do you have any proof to back up this claim. I like Mysterio, but even I don't think that he is THAT good.

It was in the Revenge of the Sinister Six story line. Not sure of the issue number off hand. Spider-man issue twenty-something. He pretty much just used his illusions to make them think they were fighting the Six but were fighting each other. Kinda like the Old Man Logan story had Mysterio fool Wolverine into taking out the X-men.

#32 Posted by foxerdes (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about current Mysterio but the old one could easily manipulate Peter and did some amazing stuff. I don't see Punisher winning this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd20c538d35a
#33 Posted by deactivated-5cd20c538d35a (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom: Im not sure 3 hours prep is enough for Mysterio to do anything game changing here. Id say Punisher wins after a good fight, I cant see him losing to someone like Beck after everything hes done.

#34 Posted by C-HAWK (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Oh cool, thanks man. I am definitely going to start using that feat whenever anyone has something bad to say about Mysterio.

#35 Posted by Errorinscript (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

@depinhom said:
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Punisher has tracked Mysterio to an abandoned arcade at night
  • Mysterio knows he's coming and has 3 hours of prep
  • Punisher and Mysterio are both aiming for the kill
  • Standard gear and equipment

Who wins?

I thought you meant him lol.

No Caption Provided

#36 Edited by Bones309 (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@c-hawk said:

@bones309: Oh cool, thanks man. I am definitely going to start using that feat whenever anyone has something bad to say about Mysterio.

I'd love to find a scan of it but haven't had much luck.

@depinhom: Im not sure 3 hours prep is enough for Mysterio to do anything game changing here. Id say Punisher wins after a good fight, I cant see him losing to someone like Beck after everything hes done.

What's Frank's answer to Mysterio's illusions honestly? Mysterio could do to him what he did in the Old Man Logan story. Frank thinks he's won but instead he's been killing cops or children the whole time.

#37 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio stomps.

#38 Posted by Aurelion- (935 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand, when did Punisher become someone 'new'?

#39 Posted by C-HAWK (59 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@bones309 Here it is! Found it on the Reddit respect thread for Mysterio.

#40 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh?

#41 Edited by Aurelion- (935 posts) - - Show Bio
@depinhom said:
@aurelion- said:

Huh?

Post 15

He refers to an old punisher and that 'new' punisher can fight Black Widow

#42 Posted by PhoenixTitan (899 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank can win.