No Caption Provided

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thing150

I don't think gambit can be effected by telepathy, i may be wrong. Also i think this has been done before.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke is the better overall fighter.

Round 1. Gambit gets bodied by psylocke

Round 2. Gambit could take it if done correctly.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thanofleeze
No Caption Provided

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besty.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Gambit both rounds...

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to marvel vs capcom 2 psylocke is better

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to marvel vs capcom 2 psylocke is better

How so? They're both pretty good characters if I recall correctly...

I think Betsy stomps the first round but loses the second one.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Betsy for both.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke both Rounds.

SleightOfHand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke wins both.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think Betsy wins both because of her skills and powerset. Current Betsy's TK and telepathy are extremely powerful since her UXF upgrade and I think Gambit's only possible edge here MIGHT be reflexes, but Betsy has deflected bullets herself with her weapons and has been able to hold her own against incredibly agile, fast, and or ferocious opponents like Daredevil, a bloodlusted Wolverine, Sabretooth, and an alternate Quicksilver in mid-blitz. Despite the outcome and context involving some of the said outcomes, she still did so. So I don't think Gambit's agility and reflexes will be a huge game changer, and Betsy also has some insane reflex and agility feats that I say could put her on par. Betsy has also been going pretty crazy with the TK and psi-weapons as of late, so her ranged advantage is there on top of just her pure TK abilities, but she would much rather form weapons of psionic energy instead of just holding someone in the air or something to that affect.

And on the topic of Gambit's telepathic resistance, he has never been totally immune but just hard to get into. Xavier said he is hard to get into and it would be uncomfortable for both, but not that he couldn't. And telepaths like Betsy, Xavier, Emma, ( I think Candra too?) and Input etc have managed to get in his head, some times he has managed to kick a few out (like Betsy herself) or resist\ awhile, but again, it is just resistance. And Psylocke would most often focus her telepathy into a weapon, so I don't see Gambit's resistance being a huge factor either if she can land with a psi-blade since it doesn't necessarily operate the same way as just entering someone's mind.

In short, I think she has Gambit beat in most categories. She has better skill showings, IMO, or at least more against better opponents, has too much versatility with her weapons and powers, and she is high enough in her regular stats alone to compete, and she can always enhance them via TK as well. Psylocke is just a bad match up for Gambit.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke in both rounds.

Bencao_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm i think psylocke can take gambit with telethapy hmm but i'm not sure, can she focus while fighting and getting grenades thrown at her?

in round 2 def gambit. people seem to forget in the early xmen comics gambit was reflecting Forge's lasers right back at him and even reflected one back on to his leg. fighting wise, he's on DD's level and i think the consensus is that DD is better than Electra who i feel is a better fighter than Psylocke. I believe even Nick Fury even commented on Gambit's fighting ability, i say Remy bests Betsy in combat.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually a pretty decent fight. Gambit's underrated by a lot of people IMO. It's my understanding that hiis control over kinetic energy ups his speed and reflexes to low superhuman levels.... Something Betty (by definition of powers) shouldn't be able to do. Betty on the other hand is a trained ninja and it wouldn't surprise me at all if she has better H2H showings. Plus she has the psy. abilities. This one's too close to call for me. Ends in sex. Then Rouge shows up, get's jealous and murders 'em both.

Gambit1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a simple CQC combat I would support Gambit, but I think Psylockes powers give her the win. TK is her biggest advantage over him, I don't think TP would be easy to use on someone with at least good resistance and explosive powers.

She could basically knock him off balance or completely body him with TK as soon as he becomes to dangerous.

If he gets his good hits in early before she goes all out he could take it, but right now Elisabeth takes a majority IMO

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke stomps with or without tp

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers