Psylocke / Teenage Jean Grey vs Polaris

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is Betsy Braddock and Teen Age Jean Grey (time displaced version) against Polaris

1st round - Psylocke and Teen Jean have no telepathy

2nd round - Psylocke and Teen Jean have telepathy but Polaris has Magneto's helmet

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

R1 goes to Teen Jean and Psylocke in a damm good fight unless Polaris haxes them

R2 Goes to Psylocke and Jean due to being able to telekinetically take off her helmet and psi blast her

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh...they should be able to take her.

Current Polaris is slightly above weakened Magneto from X-Men blue in power but with better frontal Shields.

R2 is definitely going to the team and R1 is just going to depend on whether Polaris can restrain them.

The advantage here is that while Polaris generally doesn't hold back, she has no reason to go for internals or lash out or just bomb them with large objects.

In a straight forward fight with a higher then usual morals on Polaris, shes going for frontal Shields and energy blast to keep them on their backs and Psylocke is gonna exploit that and go for a sneak attack or surprise opening.

A bloodlusted Polaris or a entirely serious Polaris arguably wins in a decisive quick way with blood reversal, restraints or just pure overwhelming power which would take Betsy out of her element and completely catch Jeen off guard

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I’d back Psylocke & Teen Jean both rounds.

In R1, I can see Teen Jean holding off against Polaris while Psylocke goes for a sneak attack. Duo wins 6/10

In R2, it’s a simple matter of one of them telekinetically lifting the helmet off while the other goes for a TP attack. Duo wins 8/10

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mooty_Pass
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: Good point, I'll pass that incredibly detailed opinion around🤔

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: :-) I like messing with you.

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Together they have more raw power then her so they could probably do it lol unless you can prove that she has enough raw power to even content with them together

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplehairedni1: Lol so while they are using enough power to get around her shields and onto her head....Polaris is doing what?

I'm not saying she wins...in fact I believe their going to win because of the helmet. But taking off her helmet by yanking it off of her head while she's attacking them is kinda silly

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@purplehairedni1: @geekryan: Lol they are not lifting the the metal helmet off the magnetic mutant...

Why not?

Unless she's actively using her powers to keep her helmet on, there's nothing stopping either of them from yanking the helmet off.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mooty_pass: Good point, I'll pass that incredibly detailed opinion around🤔

Looks like Koays has met his match.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@geekryan: Force field???

That's assuming she's using a full force field that can block out TK.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@geekryan: When has it not???

I don't recall her blocking out TK with her force fields, and she doesn't always put up full spherical force fields

deathoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1- The team in a hell of a fight its close though I say team wins 6 out of 10 times.

Round 2- The team again in a great fight Jean can break through her force field eventually to tk the helmet off.

Now thats them in character I actually think if we use Blood lusted versions then Polaris wins both rounds via internal hacks.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Indeed he has. I shall always be there to give him a hard time.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: When has TK from ANY telekinetic gone through a forcefield....the X-Men have half a dozen telekinetics, you'd think that would've come up....

The lack of spherical forcefields is exactly why I believe she looses...but as far as them just reach out and pulling the helmet that is on her body off of her....that's beyond hard to believe if it's in the middle of a fight.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@geekryan: When has TK from ANY telekinetic gone through a forcefield....the X-Men have half a dozen telekinetics, you'd think that would've come up....

The lack of spherical forcefields is exactly why I believe she looses...but as far as them just reach out and pulling the helmet that is on her body off of her....that's beyond hard to believe if it's in the middle of a fight.

When has TK from any telekinetic failed to work through a force field, specifically Polaris' force field? You made the claim that Polaris' force field could block TK. You need to back that up, not me.

Why wouldn't TK be able to bypass the force field and work on something within the force field?

If they are up against a powerhouse like Polaris and TP is their best option for victory, it isn't outside the realm of possibility that one of them tries to remove the helmet in order to TP her while the other protects them with TK. It would take a second at most to do that.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@koays said:

When has TK from any telekinetic failed to work through a force field, specifically Polaris' force field? You made the claim that Polaris' force field could block TK. You need to back that up, not me.

Why wouldn't TK be able to bypass the force field and work on something within the force field?

If they are up against a powerhouse like Polaris and TP is their best option for victory, it isn't outside the realm of possibility that one of them tries to remove the helmet in order to TP her while the other protects them with TK. It would take a second at most to do that.

TK and going through her force fields lol. When has to GONE THROUGH force fields is the better point to prove because we have seen tk been blocked before. Magneto has faced numerous telekinetic and I dont recall anyone tk'ing him. We've also seem sue block tk with her force field. And why wouldn't lorna actively be gripping her helmet with her powers when she knows she's facing 2 telepathic telekinetic....

That said, I do believe they can get the helmet off and TP her, but it's going to be a long process where she will have to be taxed or overworked before they get it off and not some instant removal like mova did to jean when she wasn't directly fighting her at the time

Team should win

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Yea like i said, its gonna happen if they work for it..and they are more then capable of doing it. But the idea that its as easy as "yoink, got your helmet" when Jeen AND Psylocke have both basically gone 1v1 against Magneto with or without shields and this never occurred to them is nutty.

Nevermind that it requires polaris to give up her only protection from two known telepaths without a fight despite having better reaction feats then both of them.

The statement on shields doesn't need proving on my point. TK is psionic energy, the energy needs to travel through her shield to effect her.

By your logic they don't even need to take the helmet, they can just grab hold of her at any time since theres nothing stopping them from getting to her. Even with a shield between them and her...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I’m pretty sure the fact that Teen Jean needed to find the imperfection in a force field against weakest magneto debunks the idea that telekines can bypass force fields.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@geekryan: Yea like i said, its gonna happen if they work for it..and they are more then capable of doing it. But the idea that its as easy as "yoink, got your helmet" when Jeen AND Psylocke have both basically gone 1v1 against Magneto with or without shields and this never occurred to them is nutty.

Nevermind that it requires polaris to give up her only protection from two known telepaths without a fight despite having better reaction feats then both of them.

The statement on shields doesn't need proving on my point. TK is psionic energy, the energy needs to travel through her shield to effect her.

By your logic they don't even need to take the helmet, they can just grab hold of her at any time since theres nothing stopping them from getting to her. Even with a shield between them and her...

I never said it would be easy.

It hasn't been done before because it would be extremely anti-climactic for a fight and never happen in a comic for that reason lol. Realistically, it is an option though. There is no actual feat or statement of Polaris preventing TK by using a full force field.

I've also never seen anything of Polaris to say that her reaction speeds are better than Psylocke. I could make an argument for Psylocke winning without Teen Jean.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

Team both rounds. Betsy could potentially solo.