No Caption Provided
Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Wisppeons

who wins in a fight and whos game is better?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth

Im always seeing this battle on every site..I dont care for either

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Wisppeons

lol your missing out man :(

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bump

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole handily.

Groovy_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex stomps his health generation being the biggest factor

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole laughs maniacally as Alex gets fried with an ionic storm

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex for sure.

Groovy_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redpointshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the fight takes place inside, Mercer wins

If Outside, Cole wins

Also personally I preferred Prototype more

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole laughs maniacally as Alex gets fried with an ionic storm

@xiokenji said:

Cole handily.

Nu-huh. Mercer slices Cole in half then consumes him. His lightning feats are inconsistent not only in terms of speed but also in damage output.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Alex got his ass handed to him by a guy in fancy armor with a glorified cattle prod. If Cole can summon a lightning storm then he certainly has greater output than a cattle prod.

Groovy_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Alex survived a nuke Cole may hurt him but I doubt he could kill him mercer would consume him in a speed blitz

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Cole can control multiple forms of lightning , heck he can bloody freeze in the 2nd game.

I don't doubt Alex's regeneration but Cole will just zap him and zap him and zap him.

Or freeze him then smack him with his Bat.

Groovy_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: Alex is way faster than Cole he's gonna rush him he'd take a few hits along the way but in some of his forms he can 1 shot Cole who's not very durable seeing as that bullets can kill him

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: Alex is way faster than Cole he's gonna rush him he'd take a few hits along the way but in some of his forms he can 1 shot Cole who's not very durable seeing as that bullets can kill him

Since when is Alex faster than Cole ? + it literally takes 1 zap to stun Mercer.

And bullets can kill Mercer too if we go by GiS.

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2qI9H62K7h0

Fight starts at 4:00.

He gets stunned by an electric rod. Cole wins.

Groovy_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: Alex can survive tank shells and regenerate bullets can't kill him and he has superhuman speed he's much faster than Cole

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji said:

@dygoboy: Cole can control multiple forms of lightning , heck he can bloody freeze in the 2nd game.

I don't doubt Alex's regeneration but Cole will just zap him and zap him and zap him.

GMIS mate. And Mercer's lightning or electric resistance is increased by the fact that in Prototype 2 a Hydra is highly resistant if not immune to Electricity. IT was getting zapped by a modified Electric stick while in restraints. As soon as Heller poped up into the room the Stick had little to no effect on it. And this isn't any type of Electric stick ,these baby's are meant to K.o if not kill giant animal with a thick hide like Rhinos and Elephants at minimum Charge . Imagine what it could at maximum That's what the Hydra was resisting.

Mercer >>>Heller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hydra

Or freeze him then smack him with his Bat.

It doesnt freeze everything it only freezes humanoid enemies the rest are invunrable to being frozen.And Mercer has a good resistance to high temperatures and low temperatures. I highly doubt he's getting frozen. Just because he's a virus, it doesn't mean he has the common weaknesses of one. Mercer is beyond our comprehension. He is a sentient Virus. He evolves everyday. And in the Comic Mercer walked for 4 hours straifht in Antarctica with no problem.

@dygoboy: Alex got his ass handed to him by a guy in fancy armor with a glorified cattle prod. If Cole can summon a lightning storm then he certainly has greater output than a cattle prod.

That's GMIS (game mechanics induced stupidity ) there's nothing within the games universe or lore or even BIOS that states that Mercer or any type of infected are weak against electricity or lighting . Not even the comic. The develepors themselves don't even acknowledge the existence of this electricity weakness .. And your memory must be a bit fuzzy there mate,Mercer was kicking Cross's Ass and then Cross tried to retreat. Not even Mercer acknowledges the existence of this weakness. If that's not the case then why didn't Blackwatch use this as a way of taking care of the infected if an electric Baton was proving to be so effective. I'm pretty sure Cross would have a given this Intel to the General immediately.

And of course in that same Boss battle all of other Cross's moves do a lot more damage than thrthe tazer. And the tazer is only used so that Cross can put a distance between him and Mercer so he doesn't get to close. Or else he could have one-shot him. And Cole's lightning fails to one shot Soldiers while Mercer casually does that on a daily basis with a bitch slap.

The speed of his lightning is slow as well.

@xiokenji said:
@groovy_23 said:

Since when is Alex faster than Cole ? + it literally takes 1 zap to stun Mercer.

And bullets can kill Mercer too if we go by GiS.

GMIS mate. Mercer is bullet proof. And One zap. Nope read my explanation above and yes Mercer is faster. He outpaces pin point accuracy at close range sniper bullets with his initial 2 seconds of his sprint. He causes a sonic boom every time he starts sprinting and he's fast enough to Dodge a barage of helicopter turret bullets, moves as a blurr to the human eye and outmanouvers helicopters. He speed blitzes Super soldiers and Hunters and huhumans. And easily blocks tank missiles and Tank shells with zero trouble.

Mercer cuts Cole in half. You guys can't deny that. There's no feat to back up Mercer"s weakness to lightning or electricity. Mercer wins and you guys cantcan't deny it.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groovy_23: Cole could use precision to adapt to Alex's speed. And Cole could activate Ionic Drain the second Alex grabs or comes near him, draining his life force and turning him into a lifeless lump of viral matter.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groovy_23: Cole could use precision to adapt to Alex's speed. And Cole could activate Ionic Drain the second Alex grabs or comes near him, draining his life force and turning him into a lifeless lump of viral matter.

A guy who moves at Mach 1 and easily reacts to bullets and rockets on a daily bases.

And how is that going to be possible if he doesn't exactly any sort of life force and besides.. does Cole's IonIonic drain won't prove to be effective as Mercer has already dealt with this in the form of a parasite. Literally sucking the life out of Mercer on a cellular and wiping out hishis cells. And Mercer lasted with this parasite /cancer for days before adapting to it

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: The parasite didn't literally suck out the life force of it's victim. Ionic Drain does

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spiderman1997

Same thing with the MCU Thor thread.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: The parasite didn't literally suck out the life force of it's victim. Ionic Drain does

Robert Cross: "Did you ever consider how the parasite felt? An intelligent cancer ripped from its host?"

Alex Mercer: "Yeah, I did. Once... Right before I killed it."

―Captain Cross questioning Mercer

"The Parasite he's created could be worse than Mercer himself! You can't just...go play god and hope it'll all work out!"

―Mark Katsaounis, a Gentek scientist expressing his concern about the Parasite.

The Parasite was a pathogen developed by synthesizing the viral strands and Alex Mercer's own DNA. It was intended to be a parasitic organism and develop a cure to the Blacklight virus.

After its successful development, Blackwatch used it as a weapon against Mercer. Captain Robert Cross succeed in injecting the parasite into Mercer after a skirmish inside a hive. The virus manifested within Alex, hindering his shapeshifting abilities and spread through his body like a cancer, feeding on him,wiping out cells within his body, causing immense pain. However, the parasite was unable to affect Alex's strength, speed, regenerative abilities, or disguise power.

After being cured from this parasite by "cutting off its food supply" with the help of Dr. Bradley Ragland, (who had the antigens of samples from the parasite extracted and injected into a genetically compatible hunter, where then it developed an immunity to the parasite so that mercer could consume it and absorb the antibodies to treat himself) Mercer used it as a weapon against Elizabeth Greene. Mercer hoped that this would cure her of the infection or cause similar effects to her body that he had experienced. However, Greene's biology rejected this pathogen and a new form of hunter was created from the biomass.

If the parasite couldn't kill Mercer in less than a day I don't think the ionic drain will prove to helpful or even the slightest effective with the man that hhas no sign of life in him. Unless the ionic drain works on a cellular level with things that don't have life force and aren't alive to begin with I highly doubt it will go anything.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: I mean like, it will destroy Alex's consciousness and whatever allows it to exist

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole Lightning Bolt Alex or use his Shock Grenades and BAM! Cole Wins... lol sorry Alex

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dygoboy

@hocko1999_virus said:

@dygoboy: I mean like, it will destroy Alex's consciousness and whatever allows it to exist

Uhmm... Alex doesn't have a consciousness . Only cells within cells within cells,within cells,within cells, within cells,within cells and biomass.

@eliteman737 said:

Cole Lightning Bolt Alex or use his Shock Grenades and BAM! Cole Wins... lol sorry Alex

Not happening. Mercer blitzes then consumes Cole.nope. read my previous postsposts.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Well, yes he does. If not then he wouldn't be thinking, feeling, moving or have self awareness. He definitely has a consciousness. What a ridiculous claim.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Iragexcudder

@dygoboy: Cole has a consistent reactivity to lightning yet you think alex blitzes based off attributes.. You don't make much sense

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Karazyn

alex had trouble with electricity in the past..... like superman and kryptonite level of trouble.... coles only shot is to unload everything he has and hope for the best........ otherwise alex puts spikes from below through coles body

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: He also doesn't think that Alex has a mind or consciousness

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: yeah.. Uh, he may have been taken over by the cells but his consiousness is very much still in tact.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: yeah.. Uh, he may have been taken over by the cells but his consiousness is very much still in tact.

is it though? i would say the same for prototype 1 alex mercer, but prototype 2 alex mercer? they had written him super out of character.... or maybe the virus had consumed him to a point, where he had no own personality left and was more of a hive mind.... since all he was interested in was spreading the virus...... so i think that prototype 2 alex mercer was purely the virus in alex mercers old body.......

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame: I forgot why he got all looney and nuts, I think it definitely had to do with the virus but his consiousness was stable I think he just lost it from the amount of power he had.

I'm at my buddies now and he plays it religiously, I haven't in a long time but I'll look into this more

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: @mezame: The prequel comic to Prototype 2 explains that he thought humanity was selfish and doomed so he decided to rid of it.

Same consciousness. He'd just undergone character development.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: @mezame: The prequel comic to Prototype 2 explains that he thought humanity was selfish and doomed so he decided to rid of it.

Same consciousness. He'd just undergone character development.

there was a prequel comic to prototype 2? did it have a specific name? i missed out on it.....

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xargo

cole fill alex with enough lightning to completely disintegrate him

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame: I can't remember the name but it was published by Dark Horse Comics.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder:

@iragexcudder: He also doesn't think that Alex has a mind or consciousness

The other Mercer. Or maybe the real Mercer had a consciousness. The Virus changed on a cellular level. Its mimicking and simulating Mercer's behavior. By definition of science anything that isn't alive doesn't have a consciousness. And if we had to go ahead and say that Mercer had a consciousness there would more than 2,000,000 different consciousness inside him on a single cell. Thats insane. Maybe that explains why everytime he closes his eyes he sees the millions of lives that he had taken. but meh. I won't go deep here.I'll just leave you guys with that.Lets just assume he has a conscious and let's go with that. But it won't change anything.

Mercer still takes this.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: I understand that now, but for the final fight Mercer knew his name.. So doesn't that = consiousness? Either or that don't matter

I donno, I was a fanboy of Infamous once it first came out and i genuinely thought that Cole was a stronger character from his abilities alone. Attribute-wise Mercer is faster and stronger but Cole is much more versatile. Where's Deathbattle? (Jk pls no)

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Cole has a consistent reactivity to lightning yet you think alex blitzes based off attributes.. You don't make much sense

oh sure. Show me this feat. Cause Cole has large problems with bullets.And he gets taged by them...All the time. while Mercer grew past that the minute he woke up. Not to mention that Mercer easily dodges helicopter turrets..

Please show me reaction time feats for Cole so you may enlighten me on his speed and reaction. Teleportation doesn't count. Show me him dodging something super sonic or even close to something coming in at 490 mphs.then Mercer deffenetly won't blitz him.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole thunderbird

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Alex could speak, move, react, feel and think, and I don't remember spendig the game as a lump of virus matter that couldn't do anything.

And guess what else? According to science, people can't shoot effing lightning from their hands. So, maybe real world science isn't a good information source for debates about fictional characters.

Look, claiming he doesn't have a consciousness or self-awareness is absolutely ridiculous to anyone who played the game for more than ten seconds.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex would win.

Infamous is better......... The first one at least.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: I understand that now, but for the final fight Mercer knew his name.. So doesn't that = consiousness? Either or that don't matter

I donno, I was a fanboy of Infamous once it first came out and i genuinely thought that Cole was a stronger character from his abilities alone. Attribute-wise Mercer is faster and stronger but Cole is much more versatile. Where's Deathbattle? (Jk pls no)

But the thing is that Cole is still human. He has human limits. He needs to breathe. He needs to rest, he has limited stamina and needs to eat. And anything with the power to one shot a Car would Instantly kill Him.Mercer has none of these limits. He is beyond our comprehension.. He is beyond life and death.All it takes is one punch and Cole is done for. If he only was faster and if he was more durable then maybe yes. He.could beat Mercer. Cole has limits.Mercer has limits that he's constantly surpassing every day.

@xargo said:

cole fill alex with enough lightning to completely disintegrate him

Nay,Nay,Nay,No,No,No,não, não, não, não, não, não. He ain't goddamn Raiden. If Cole fails to that to do humans then what?

.You know that Death Battle are simply going to overplay Mercer's feats to the point where Cole would look like a kid in comparison. Or they would increase Cole's lightning output to nuke levels.