#1 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
  • Fight takes place in a bar and the surroundings can be used as weapons.
  • Prometheus has his sword with him, but not drawn as he often doesn't draw his sword at the start of fights and he has his knife. Prometheus is wearing his suit.
  • Every character in the gauntlet is armed with a kitchen knife and is in civilian clothes, unless something else is specified.
  • Prometheus is bloodlusted
  • Characters in the gauntlet are in-character
  • Prometheus does not get healed between the rounds, but gets a 30 second rest.

Round 1: Curtis Hoyle

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Dinah Madani

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Jigsaw

No Caption Provided

Round 4: The russian

No Caption Provided

Round 5: John Pilgrim

No Caption Provided

Round 6: The Punisher (with his bulletproof vest)

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally have failed to understand why people think that Frank is impressive without firearms. I honestly think he and everyone here would get stomped by Prometheus or pretty much any high level fighter.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#3 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5269 posts) - - Show Bio

Half of the guys here aren't even good through

#4 Posted by RBT (28592 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

I personally have failed to understand why people think that Frank is impressive without firearms. I honestly think he and everyone here would get stomped by Prometheus or pretty much any high level fighter.

Probably because he was able to hold his own against S2 Matt in h2h. I haven't watched either of Punisher's season, but from what I understand, he is a lot more grounded in his own show than he was in DD S2. At least when he comes to h2h.

#5 Edited by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta:

Half of the guys here aren't even good through

They are half decent and that is why he is not healed between the rounds.

#6 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: He is far less impressive in his own series, consistently struggling with low quantities of low quality fodder and things like that. And even his feat against Daredevil isn't that great considering Matt was not particularly amazing at the beginning of season 2. At the beginning he would still struggle a bit with a couple Yakuza but by the end he was fodderizing groups of hand ninja's without being able to track them properly and they were portrayed as being higher quality fodder. He also went from being beaten by Nobu to stomping him in seconds and stomping him while seriously wounded.

#7 Posted by RBT (28592 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@rbt: He is far less impressive in his own series, consistently struggling with low quantities of low quality fodder and things like that. And even his feat against Daredevil isn't that great considering Matt was not particularly amazing at the beginning of season 2. At the beginning he would still struggle a bit with a couple Yakuza but by the end he was fodderizing groups of hand ninja's without being able to track them properly and they were portrayed as being higher quality fodder. He also went from being beaten by Nobu to stomping him in seconds and stomping him while seriously wounded.

Agreed. But Matt was still pulling off amazing feats like fodderizing 4 cops while handcuffed even back in S1. Just going by his feats from his own show, would you say Frank can replicate that, or do something comparable?

#8 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27884 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus clears while wondering what he's doing with his life.

#9 Edited by essieprice (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I gеt pаid оvеr $87 pеr հоυr wоrkiոg frоm հоmе witհ 2 kids аt հоmе. I ոеvеr tհоυgհt I'd bе аblе tо dо it bυt my bеst friеոd еаrոs оvеr 10k а mоոtհ dоiոg tհis аոd sհе cоոviոcеd mе tо try. Tհе pоtеոtiаl witհ tհis is еոdlеss. հеrеs wհаt I'vе bееո dоiոg,.. http://xurl.es/cn3d2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#10 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

He clears mid diff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
#11 Posted by deactivated-5c917f846ef0b (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Chase could likely solo the entire gautlent at once.

#12 Posted by essieprice (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I gеt pаid оvеr $87 pеr հоυr wоrkiոg frоm հоmе witհ 2 kids аt հоmе. I ոеvеr tհоυgհt I'd bе аblе tо dо it bυt my bеst friеոd еаrոs оvеr 10k а mоոtհ dоiոg tհis аոd sհе cоոviոcеd mе tо try. Tհе pоtеոtiаl witհ tհis is еոdlеss. հеrеs wհаt I'vе bееո dоiոg,.. http://xurl.es/cn3d2

#13 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: No Frank would't be able to do that.

For comparison this is how he dealt with a group of 3 cops.

Loading Video...

To be fair I may have forgotten some context but I don't think I did.

Here's another instance with him struggling with relatively low quality fodder, even one at a time.

Loading Video...

And another.

Loading Video...

I'm pretty sure there are more like this too and I also remember him struggling immensely with this old CIA guy in season 1 of his series but I can't find it on YouTube.

I really have nothing against him but I just don't see why people rate him highly compared to actual top tier fighters.

#14 Edited by mexcomics2078 (2867 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears. Frank is not impressive now. Even wilson fisk or poindexter have a. Chance of clearing this

#15 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1.

#16 Edited by The_Magister (14300 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the conditions, Chase cuts through them like a hot knife through butter. Only Frank poses a legitimate challenge due to his damage soak and physical ability, but Chase's sword nullifies that.

#17 Posted by JSDoctor (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus clears. The only issue with most of these guys is durability/damage soak, but a bladed weapon is the perfect counter to that.

#18 Posted by RBT (28592 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Yeah, those are pretty bad. I can't see EoS1 DD struggling with those. At all.

#19 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27884 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait he has a sword and a knife? I thought it was pure h2h. Yeah he can beat the entire gauntlet at once lol.

#20 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@amcu: Yeah, those are pretty bad. I can't see EoS1 DD struggling with those. At all.

Me either TBH. The main thing that makes Frank impressive is his firearms IMO.

#21 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5535 posts) - - Show Bio

Adrian clears easily.

Avatar image for celestialknight
#22 Posted by CelestialKnight (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

This was the video AMCU was talking about that he couldn't find. To give context for rbt, the old guy was just some former Homeland SAC. He had no other feats in the series aside from this tussle with Frank. He wasn't even active in the field by the time of the events of S01.

Loading Video...

#23 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#24 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43249 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop underrating Punisher with that backwards ass logic. Punisher consistently beat Matt’s ass in Season 2, and went on to beat more durable people (Jigsaw, Pilgrim) on his own show. Punisher took out an entire squad of soldiers while massively holding back on only going for safe knock outs - Season 1 when he interrogates that General.

#25 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by The_Hajduk (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: Would you rather debate this? I think Adrian stops at the final round, Punisher. By that point, Adrian might be entering the fight wounded or tired, and Punisher takes advantage of every edge that he can. An inexperienced but talented fighter, who is arrogant and playful, is the wrong person to take on Frank.

Can you show me any Prometheus feats besides fighting Green Arrow?

#27 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: Would you rather debate this? I think Adrian stops at the final round, Punisher. By that point, Adrian might be entering the fight wounded or tired, and Punisher takes advantage of every edge that he can. Can you show me any Prometheus feats besides fighting Green Arrow?

Just wanted your thoughts on this, after your newfound love for Punisher.

#28 Posted by The_Hajduk (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:

@thesuperor: Would you rather debate this? I think Adrian stops at the final round, Punisher. By that point, Adrian might be entering the fight wounded or tired, and Punisher takes advantage of every edge that he can. Can you show me any Prometheus feats besides fighting Green Arrow?

I never rated Prometheus that high. Frank would still lose to top tier guys like Diaz.

#29 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor said:
@the_hajduk said:

I never rated Prometheus that high. Frank would still lose to top tier guys like Diaz.

Certainly wasn't the best fighter in the Arrowverse, but benefited from decent skill, good gear, great physicals and incredible speed. And I don't really consider Diaz to be top tier.

#30 Posted by The_Hajduk (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:
@thesuperor said:
@the_hajduk said:

Certainly wasn't the best fighter in the Arrowverse, but benefited from decent skill, good gear, great physicals and incredible speed. And I don't really consider Diaz to be top tier.

In H2H Diaz is top tier.

Frank compared to Adrian has better physicals, better gear, slightly inferior skill, way more durability and brutality.

#31 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor said:
@the_hajduk said:
@thesuperor said:
@the_hajduk said:

In H2H Diaz is top tier.

Frank compared to Adrian has better physicals, better gear, slightly inferior skill, way more durability and brutality.

He may be more brutal, but I'd argue Prometheus is more lethal. Prometheus is also a fair bit stronger, way faster and considerably more skilled.

Prometheus easily overpowered Church and Vigilante, two very physically imposing fighters.

#32 Posted by The_Hajduk (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

He may be more brutal, but I'd argue Prometheus is more lethal. Prometheus is also a fair bit stronger, way faster and considerably more skilled.

Prometheus easily overpowered Church and Vigilante, two very physically imposing fighters.

Prometheus has no feats of efficient lethality. Oliver does, Sara does, Nyssa does, etc. Adrian doesn't. Unless you can name some, Adrian has no great kills of named characters at all. No great fodder feats besides a fully armed one (and we're talking about CQC). Punisher is confirmed to hit harder and cause more damage pound-for-pound then anybody, whatever his methods are at the moment. Adrian has no great damage soak, so he should be easy pickings for the Punisher, who only deals with the toughest of the tough (Daredevil, Billy Russo, Pilgrim).

Church was stabbed when Adrian stomped him and two equals can overpower each other if Adrian was aggressive enough and had the opportunity. I'd say Adrian was a fair bit above Vincent based on that, but not as physically dominant as Frank in civvies was over Matt IN ARMOR.

It seems obvious to me that Frank is stronger then Adrian.

Ragdolls thicc lady and destroys a whole bathroom stall.
Ragdolls thicc lady and destroys a whole bathroom stall.
Shatters porcelain with a man's skull.
Shatters porcelain with a man's skull.
Adrian could never.
Adrian could never.
Come on.
Come on.

#33 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: To me it's obvious that Prometheus is stronger.

Already replicated Frank's best feat, tackling Ollie through a wall
Already replicated Frank's best feat, tackling Ollie through a wall
Absolutely launches Oliver
Absolutely launches Oliver
Flips Oliver and kicks him through a wooden panel
Flips Oliver and kicks him through a wooden panel

This is already better than any of Frank's feats. We can also scale Prometheus through Vigilante who could do this, and that is a strength feat better than anything seen from Frank or a character Frank has fought. And Prometheus overpowered him with little effort.

No Caption Provided

Prometheus has no feats of efficient lethality

Much like Frank in that regard. Both are lethal with using weapons and their surroundings.

Punisher is confirmed to hit harder and cause more damage pound-for-pound then anybody, whatever his methods are at the moment.

I don't get what you are referring to here.

Adrian has no great damage soak, so he should be easy pickings for the Punisher

I beg to differ. This whole fight is a great display of his ability to soak damage. He took a dozen hits from a pissed of GA, who hits harder than anyone Frank has gone up against. He launches himself through a wall, has his head smashed through a window and his head smashed through a desk and is still fine afterwards.

Loading Video...

He can also tank bullets to the torso without flinching, so easy pickings, he is not. Also worthy of mentioning is that he has his suit for this fight, and arrows bounce of that suit.

who only deals with the toughest of the tough (Daredevil, Billy Russo, Pilgrim).

They might be tough, be neither Russo nor Pilgrim are top tier fighters. Like, they are far from. Daredevil is a top tier fighter, and Daredevil fodderized Frank towards the end of DD season 2. Prometheus is literally fighting the top of top tiers, and he is doing great.

Church was stabbed when Adrian stomped him and two equals can overpower each other if Adrian was aggressive enough and had the opportunity

Fair point, Church is still a big dude to be ragdolled that easily with one hand. Something Frank would not be able to do.

but not as physically dominant as Frank in civvies was over Matt IN ARMOR.

Armour doesn't grant Matt strength, and yes Frank is stronger than Matt. Doesn't make a difference.

Prometheus seems to be stronger by a decent margin to me. He is obviously more skilled evident by his fights against Oliver. Prometheus is way faster, that cannot be argued. Frank has better damage soak, meaning Frank won't go down right away, but his damage soak will make him stay in the fight for a longer period of time. But let's not act like Frank has never get knocked out before, I seem to be remembering Matt knocking him out on that rooftop.

#34 Edited by The_Magister (14300 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:

No Caption Provided

Adrian's decisively more skilled. Frank's skill is underrated, and it's actually pretty solid. He has the talent and dexterity to take down private military operators as well as hired assassins... but it's still not up there with the technical capability of truly elite martial artists. It's not just a feats thing, I don't think he's supposed to be up there on-paper. Completely disregarding feats in the traditional ComicVine sense, I think it's made pretty clear which characters are intended by the writers to be at the top level of skill. Frank doesn't really give that impression of martial arts mastery. He is primarily billed as a highly efficient tactician and terrific soldier. More along the lines of combatants such as Billy Russo, Phil Coulson, John Diggle, Billy Wintergreen, Clint Barton, Floyd Lawton, etc.

Master martial artists are of a different breed even in terms of sheer implication. In my opinion: just based on writers' intent and feats aside, these are the prime examples of CW/MCU fighters that are portrayed as master martial artists: Matt Murdock, Steve Rogers, Davos, Melinda May, Malcolm Merlyn, Oliver Queen, Slade Wilson, Danny Rand, Grant Ward, Ra's al Ghul, T'Challa, Bobbi Morse, Daisy Johnson, Natasha Romanoff, Bucky Barnes, Elektra, Sara Lance, Damien Darhk...

They give the impression of exceptional martial arts prowess in terms of their credentials, training, knowledge, choreography, etc. I think that even disregarding feats, there's a clear intentional separation between what these master close quarters combatants are supposed to be and what Frank is supposed to be.

And that's not a knock to Frank... his combination of experience, intelligence, willpower, pain tolerance, physical endurance, brutality, etc. makes him a legitimate threat to any of the aforementioned fighters. But in sheer martial arts expertise, I don't think he is intended to be up there.

Avatar image for the_real_seaman
#35 Posted by the_real_seamAn (2127 posts) - - Show Bio

Curtis should be above Madani she hasn't done anything noteworthy

#36 Posted by The_Hajduk (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: The only impressive feat you posted is kicking Green Arrow through that wooden wall. That is similar to Frank throwing the knife woman through a bathroom stall.

The other two strength feats are just sad. Breaking some wood boards with the full weight of two men crashing into it. The other one is just throwing GA down a staircase. If that floor was level, GA would have hit the ground a few feet away.

Frank is literally a wall buster. Let that sink in. The only other character who's done something similar is Fisk. Even Green Arrow and Batman have only partially busted walls.

Frank is also a guy who can ragdoll human bodies in a way that only GA and Batman can (and Fisk and Bane but they're almost superhuman). Admit that the human shield field is beyond Adrian's ability to replicate.

Adrian did overpower Vigilante. I think that showing puts Adrian quite a bit above Vigilante overall. But anyone equal to Vigilante or above could have forced him back like that if they were aggressive enough and had the opportunity. Adrian has also hurled GA a couple times, but overall I still think he's only as strong or a little bit weaker then him, and he has bursts of aggression because he's crazy that allowed him to get the upperhand a handful of times.

If you look at the way Frank overpowered Daredevil, it's much more clear cut. Daredevil was wearing FULL BATTLE ARMOR. Frank didn't even have his usual kevlar, but just regular civvies.

It didn't matter, he could headbutt Matt's reinforced headplate that deflected a bullet, and Matt would be the one who takes damage. He tanked all of Matt's strikes without even taking much damage, he wasn't pushed at all. And in the end, he just grabbed Matt and forced him to the ground and pounded him out. Through his armor. He lifted Daredevil into the air by his neck with one hand.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Frank and Fisk just have a lot of crossover in their feats, between this and the wall busting. Frank isn't as strong as Fisk, but he's kinda close.

#37 Posted by The_Hajduk (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: After season 2 Frank is more skilled in h2h and knives than Spartan, Phil Coulson, all 3 Deathstrokes, and Hawkeye.

In an overall h2h or knife fight he can easily kill Black Widow (strength and durability), Iron Fist if he doesn't use chi (exp, morals, durability), Melinda May (strength and durability), Ward (skill), Damien Darhk (too arrogant), and others.

Daredevil in his prime can beat Frank, and Daredevil in S3 can arguably beat Frank.

#38 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27884 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick is baiting, there's no other explanation at all.

#39 Posted by Subline (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears, also wtf is this order.

Madani above Curtis even though she struggled with a random doctor?

#40 Edited by The_Magister (14300 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: You are absolutely insane...............................

It was less weird when you wanked Arrow. I love MCU Punisher, and even I'm absolutely shocked at how wanked he is right now.

#41 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand how anyone can argue that Frank is a high level fighter when he consistently struggles with 1-3 fodder at a time and is tagged repeatedly by some of the lowest quality fodder out there.

#42 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

Clears, also wtf is this order.

Madani above Curtis even though she struggled with a random doctor?

Order has nothing to do with ability in this. Given how I didn't give Chase much rest or heal him after the rounds, I chose to mix up the order a bit.

#43 Posted by Subline (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Order has nothing to do with ability in this. Given how I didn't give Chase much rest or heal him after the rounds, I chose to mix up the order a bit.

Ah, I apologize. Chase still clears as everyone here is a noob.

#44 Posted by Subline (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick is baiting, there's no other explanation at all.

I've literally been saying this for days.

#45 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Dinah above Curtis... she was literally given a run for her money by a random psychotherapist, who was short and scrawny even for a female...

#46 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by TheSuperor (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk:

The only impressive feat you posted is kicking Green Arrow through that wooden wall. That is similar to Frank throwing the knife woman through a bathroom stall.

There is a difference between launching Oliver and a tiny woman.

The other two strength feats are just sad. Breaking some wood boards with the full weight of two men crashing into it. The other one is just throwing GA down a staircase. If that floor was level, GA would have hit the ground a few feet away.

Frank is literally a wall buster. Let that sink in. The only other character who's done something similar is Fisk. Even Green Arrow and Batman have only partially busted walls.

Dude. This is the wall Frank jumped through. Looks like a real solid drywall, not riddled with bullet holes and looks ready collapse any minute. A grown man jumping through that isn't even impressive, so don't try to sell it like it is.

No Caption Provided

Prometheus tackling Oliver through a dobbel padded wooden wall is more impressive, it's not insanely impressive, more impressive nonetheless.

Frank is also a guy who can ragdoll human bodies in a way that only GA and Batman can

When? This is better than anything Frank has done.

Tosses Oliver one handed
Tosses Oliver one handed

Admit that the human shield field is beyond Adrian's ability to replicate.

Why? It's cool, but the only thing he does is carry a human, which I'm sure Prom can do as well.

Doesn't matter how we scale Prometheus, GA and Vigilante off each other, they are way above Punisher all of them.

If you look at the way Frank overpowered Daredevil, it's much more clear cut. Daredevil was wearing FULL BATTLE ARMOR. Frank didn't even have his usual kevlar, but just regular civvies.

Daredevil is not a physically imposing fighter, even in armor.

It didn't matter, he could headbutt Matt's reinforced headplate that deflected a bullet, and Matt would be the one who takes damage. He tanked all of Matt's strikes without even taking much damage, he wasn't pushed at all. And in the end, he just grabbed Matt and forced him to the ground and pounded him out

Impressive, but not sure where you are going with this. Frank is tough, Frank is stronger than Matt. Everyone knows that.

He lifted Daredevil into the air by his neck with one hand.

You make a chokeslam sound way more impressive than it actually is.

Frank isn't as strong as Fisk, but he's kinda close.

No. Not much to suggest that.