Prime Vader (Disney Canon) vs MCU Avengers

Avatar image for bingothemotherload
BingoTheMotherload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Basically this thread is about Vader in his canon prime (ESB/ROTJ) replacing Thanos in two battles:

1. Encounter on Titan in IW

2. EG fight against Tony, Thor and Steve

In character, no knowledge on either side, fight to the death.

All canon feats for Vader, only MCU feats for the Avengers.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader takes this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de3bc3375cc5
deactivated-5de3bc3375cc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically this thread is about Vader in his canon prime (ESB/ROTJ) replacing Thanos in two battles:

1. Encounter on Titan in IW

2. EG fight against Tony, Thor and Steve

In character, no knowledge on either side, fight to the death.

All canon feats for Vader, only MCU feats for the Avengers.

Vader

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nwname  Moderator

What canon feats does he even have that puts him above mid tier?

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Strange solos. He portals him in half, time stones him into TPM Ani, BFR's him into mirror dimension, etc.

2. Thor zaps him... Vader is vulnerable to lightning and Thor can literally summon a thunderstorm on his ass.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gaoron

Avengers near stomp this, Strange and Thor as MVPs. Wanda has just as good if not better TK aswell.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers solidly. Thor’s lightning has better feats than canon Palpatine’s as far as I’m aware, and that killed Vader. Thor can also one shot if he lands a direct blow with his weapon, or even his fist tbh.

In the Titan round, Strange and Tony could arguably solo, and with everyone else I don’t see Vader not getting overwhelmed.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader does not win

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DrunkHC

Some Vader Feats

The force + armored suit makes Vader a Tank

high temperatures

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y4hU286Mk3U/W_6kAgYBOaI/AAAAAAAAKmc/sic6nqljYRwUeHHf1t6HznAQg3h-bIFLACHMYCw/s1600/RCO008_w.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1JywpqvzDiQ/W_6kBnehzuI/AAAAAAAAKmo/WPJCd9KvAK8QmJYNqDlwWM0VQZXFrZp9ACHMYCw/s1600/RCO009.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-txAbsUgK6xg/W_6kCecYppI/AAAAAAAAKm0/EO9irm-Ys_wtqO2Fo0CeOX3hPHg1905yQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO010.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9Z_vj7dhAZo/W_6kC--7dpI/AAAAAAAAKnA/D4U3wZWeTfAaXmxwHS-lpLDFcgXktAbhQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO011_w.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oRQrQulrNFA/W_6kDszXKbI/AAAAAAAAKnM/dMkmVbg-nPM3Gh9tYhxQCHL5oVipqxNugCHMYCw/s1600/RCO012.jpg

extreme pressure

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HQc1fYK-zBs/Ws40Z8haHyI/AAAAAAAAGo0/rCXPHS1w5zAW1h-JLwvfQ_OvAkQMkH_9ACHMYCw/s1600/RCO020_w.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-spG5ZYxKtCA/Ws40aRlxENI/AAAAAAAAGo4/EUsWKmIQ1uI5_-RgOhuE18OR1nzsMMOLwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO021.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zLg3sLyZKk0/WuCrVwWdx3I/AAAAAAAACds/L64d_JdcT3IMc5CenxpVhPihIB-wwGMqgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO004_w.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WF6oo0mFcvQ/WuCrWhWPQ-I/AAAAAAAACd0/PzKtBFyVzP8PPcSjy9owU2_XAj1W_1qcwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO005.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DUHcpES-f8A/WuCrXCABSDI/AAAAAAAACd8/HMi9IxQdwo0vJs7mDgEh_AwcOvz8lkcTQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO006.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LQ59JirYj-0/WuCrXnHurkI/AAAAAAAACeE/qs-fxWNIH0EXklVt2GTEkoztLlPwvrt3wCHMYCw/s1600/RCO007.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Mts0hWZq6rY/WuCrY5qPE8I/AAAAAAAACeU/-RuzSnkLtW04TIJD18RS-f4ncnLzdpR5gCHMYCw/s1600/RCO009.jpg

Vader can deflect energy shots at close range, see what he does with a weapon

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YIQZevgNgtA/WlY_g8FlK3I/AAAAAAAACDU/MEuQ7VkDiugMx9jvN8ET1pVczrQWF4dhQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO004.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3o42WTZXKDk/WlY_hWFb0FI/AAAAAAAACDc/WaBEAwFajoIHwSDGsH9Y-5Zc4U7eMhyCwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO005.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vTe6ViWcTcw/WlY_iB9k_pI/AAAAAAAACDk/BEVJlQF64-cYwyHRMZZT_VNvWHgaPZtmgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO006.jpg

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrunkHC

Vader has feats comparable to UE feats, team wins due to numerical advantage.

BingoTheMotherload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: Wanda isn't a part of either battle. Though EG Wanda vs prime Vader 1v1 would be interesting...

As for Thor's lightning, canon Vader isn't all that vulnerable to electricity. He only got messed up by actual atmospheric lightning, as well as prolonged full powered Palpatine's lightning, both of which are lethal to non-cyborgs as well. Thor would have to go for a lightning strike on the level he used against Hela, and that takes some time to wind up. Vader has quick reflexes and force precog, as well as a lightsaber to deflect it, and could maybe dampen the effect using force shield as well.

Not arguing for either side, just saying Vader isn't instantly losing because there's an enemy with lightning powers. Yes, Thor's full powered lightning would KO or kill him, but it needs to land unobstructed. Depends on Thor's allies creating an opening, or Vader getting surprised by it in another manner.

Also, there's Stormbreaker, which could potentially one-hit-kill Vader if it hits him straight on. I doubt Mjolnir would do much with just one or two strikes, as Vader has tanked worse. But Stormbreaker is a Thanos killer, so it should be able to easily pierce Vader's armor. However, it also needs to actually hit the target, and Vader is fast, smart, and could potentially redirect/stop Stormbreaker swings with force TK, as it didn't appear to be unstoppable like Mjolnir (for example Thanos caught it more than once using just his strength).

When it comes to the Titan fight, yes, Strange would certainly be the biggest issue. But since this is battle to the death, just BFR-ing Vader into mirror dimension wouldn't count as victory, even assuming Vader couldn't counter a move like that using precog. As for the Time stone, it only worked on Dormammu because he's a being outside of time. I actually have no idea in what other ways Strange could utilize it in combat. I can only assume he can see into potential futures and help make a strategy for the team using that information. Maybe he could also reverse a death of an ally, similarly to Thanos's revival of Vision. Anyway, if Vader is to win that encounter, he'd be the wisest to snap Strange's neck early on. Without him the team is hindered further (no portals to teleport them around).

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Erkan12

Iron man stomps in the first round.

Thor megastomps and one-shots in the second round.

Stop using Star Wars characters as if they are super villains or super heroes (which they can be killed by fodder soldiers even Vader)

No Caption Provided

And they can barely survive a fall, (yes a fall), and they even die because they can't fly by using TK.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They are not super heroes or super villains, the Force is not a super power.

https://www.starwars.com/news/fates-fulfilled-dave-filoni-reflects-on-star-wars-rebels-season-two-part-2

It has affected our storytelling, but not in the ways that people would think. There’s a lot of thought that’s gone into what does it mean for him to be blind and how he would react to that. People think, “Oh, but the Force will allow him to do things.” The Force is not a super power. It doesn’t work that way. It’s a matter of what you’re willing to believe. I think the story that we tell with Kanan and his blindness is simple — you are as limited as you allow yourself to be. You’re going to be able to see if you believe you can see and this can open up new things you couldn’t see before. There’s an important character that Kanan will meet in Season Three that is going to help change his perception.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strike3

Team. Vader's armor would end up like Iron-Man's vs lightning in the first film. Except Vader's won't get an energy boost.

BingoTheMotherload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Thanos can't fly either. It isn't a solid argument against SW characters. I don't know who wins this, but both sides certainly have means to take the other out. Vader has comparable or superior armor durability feats to MCU Iron Man, minus the lightning giving him energy boost. But lightning needs to hit, and Vader has speed and precog, and means to block it. In the fight against the team I don't know who would win, but I'd certainly argue for Vader in a 1v1 against MCU Thor. Actually, if anyone has the potential to solo him here, it's more likely Strange in round 1 due to magic hax. And I'm unsure about that due to Strange having no superhuman durability and could get killed with a simple neck snap.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bingothemotherload: I wouldn't be surprised if Thor can tank the blade of a lightsaber like certain metals in the SW universe. His weapons definitely can. I wouldn't bet against Thor at all with his level of energy resistance. Plus he can summon lightning with a thought like when Hela had him pinned down and on the bridge. He was able to stay awake long enough to attack Hela who was choking him, and we know she can crush Mjolnir with one hand. Thanos also has crazy high energy resistance so lightning wasn't going to do more than slow him down. Thor had to fight him up close to decapitate him, but he doesn't have to get up close here. Vader has good armor but Thor's lightning would cook him and a single hit from either hammer should one-shot. The force would be more effective or even enough to win if Thor didn't have as much range as he does.

BingoTheMotherload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake: Yes, Thor can summon lightning, but he doesn't do it instantly. Vader can prepare his lightsaber in time due to precog. Also, I don't think Mjolnir would one shot him. If Iron Man could tank some of its hits, so could Vader. Stormbreaker would most likely kill him in one clean swing, though, assuming Thor can land a hit. I'm not saying Thor doesn't stand a chance 1v1, but he's surely in trouble. Even if he could resist a lightsaber, which is unclear, Vader's sheer TK would hurt him bad (Thanos surely did with his punches and kicks, and Vader's force pushes and general TK are brutal).

In round 2 of this matchup, my personal take would be whether Cap and Tony could survive long enough and provide distraction so Thor could land his lightning or Stormbreaker strike. Though I wouldn't put it above Vader to literally raise Cap in the air to block Thor's lightning and kill him in the process, as he'd done similar stuff in canon. As for Iron Man's energy weapons, a lightsaber could certainly deflect them, it's only questionable if he could overwhelm Vader with sheer firepower or not. Missiles are next to useless as Vader always detonates those in mid air or sends them back at his enemies.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader is a lot better than anyone here but loses against their collective might in R1. He wins r2.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader and its not close.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake: Yes, Thor can summon lightning, but he doesn't do it instantly. Vader can prepare his lightsaber in time due to precog. Also, I don't think Mjolnir would one shot him. If Iron Man could tank some of its hits, so could Vader. Stormbreaker would most likely kill him in one clean swing, though, assuming Thor can land a hit. I'm not saying Thor doesn't stand a chance 1v1, but he's surely in trouble. Even if he could resist a lightsaber, which is unclear, Vader's sheer TK would hurt him bad (Thanos surely did with his punches and kicks, and Vader's force pushes and general TK are brutal).

In round 2 of this matchup, my personal take would be whether Cap and Tony could survive long enough and provide distraction so Thor could land his lightning or Stormbreaker strike. Though I wouldn't put it above Vader to literally raise Cap in the air to block Thor's lightning and kill him in the process, as he'd done similar stuff in canon. As for Iron Man's energy weapons, a lightsaber could certainly deflect them, it's only questionable if he could overwhelm Vader with sheer firepower or not. Missiles are next to useless as Vader always detonates those in mid air or sends them back at his enemies.

If Thor actually calls down lightning on Vader, he's toast. Sure, Iron-Man took shots from the hammer - it also withstood a tank missile no problem. Could Vader's armor tank the same direct hit without serious damage? :) If Vader's lightsaber could hurt Thor, that focused neutron star energy would easily have torn him to pieces. Since Thanos > Hulk, when has Vader ever displayed tk hitting force comparable to what Thor withstood from Hulk in Ragnarok? If not, he can damage Thor as much as Iron-Man did in the first Avengers film. :) Vader had trouble with Boba Fett, who used short-burst blaster weapons. Can't see how concentrated force beams from Iron-Man would be less difficult to deal with.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange solos. Stark solos. Thor solos.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader shreds both encounters.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buildhare

There's literally nothing he can do to the high tiers because most if not all of them have the durability to no sell a lightsaber and Vaders TK can't produce the force to actually do anything.

1. A few people die because there's no real high tiers here apart from Strange but all the Doctor really needs is chaff to stall, which he has in abundance here.
  2. Thor solos without difficulty, Steve does too if you think being worthy gives him Thor's stats.
DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrunkHC

MCU Avengers now inume hundreds of tons TK capable of destroying internal organs????

Thor overrated, mimimi stats this is Wiki VS argument, Thor was hurt by weaker characters and hit by much slower characters than Sith!

Vader (canon) has never fought Boba fett, this thread is getting tiring MCU advocates are proving ignorant of current canon's Vader capabilities

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney canon Vader?l He’s not winning either scenario. He can’t counter Strange’s spells and definitely not while dealing with Tony, the Guardians and Spider-Man. Canon Vadar has been overwhelmed by weaker teams before.

In the second scenario he likely gets decapitated by SB or he gets blown to bits by Tony’s lightning charged up repulsors.

Saiyanmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney Vader is buffed massively in Fallen Order, he rips through the inquisitor facility and flung the remains effortlessly and held back the ocean with the force if that would add to his feats

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkhc said:

MCU Avengers now inume hundreds of tons TK capable of destroying internal organs????

Thor overrated, mimimi stats this is Wiki VS argument, Thor was hurt by weaker characters and hit by much slower characters than Sith!

Vader (canon) has never fought Boba fett, this thread is getting tiring MCU advocates are proving ignorant of current canon's Vader capabilities

Um, you're overrating Vader hard. He has low showings too. He's going against powerful teams here who have shown teamwork. They don't use weapons or powers Vader is used to dealing with and the force isn't an instant-win button. Some characters can attack even while being choked or held in the air. There's also heat resistance to consider.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader rips out all of their hearts

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bingothemotherload: Yeah, I didn't read OP and just assumed he fights whole Avengers roster :/ Vader should come up victorious in those scenerios, 2nd round would be an insane difficult fight for him tho, Thor can one shot if he tags him with mjolnir, sb or lightning, worthy Cap should be able to block lightsaber with his shield and Tony can bombard him from the sky.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loses both rounds

JuiceEFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JuiceEFruit

Thor is there, so this isn't close. Vader has no chance. Nothing he can do to harm Thor.

Now...OP said "Steve"....you talking Strange or Rogers? If Strange, he can solo Vader as well.

But likely Thor just says "I got this". Calls the lightning down on Vader, Vader is done. 5 second battle.

Vader has absolutely no shot. These are supers he's dealing with. He's used to dealing with normal beings. Nobody has super strength, etc. in the SW universe. That Force stuff isn't going to do anything to Thor.
A light saber isn't going to hurt Thor, either. Remember, the dude got punched through several armored walls on a Helicarrier by Hulk. He's pretty much bullet and puncture-proof to man-made weapons. He took an Infinity stone to the side of the head and was hurting, but resisting it.

Just not much Vader can do here. Make it just Cap and Iron Man, then maybe. But with Thor or Strange, it's over before it starts.

Zxzxzxzzxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader solos the entire MCU verse.