3. 2005

4. 1976

5. King Kong lives

6. The King Kong show (1966)

7. Mechani-Kong (1966)

8. King Kong escapes

9. King Kong escapes Mechani-Kong

10. Kong, the animated series (2001)

This is referring to Godzilla before he was hit with the atomic bomb and mutated in Minus One.

Fight takes place in New York.

How far does he go

torn_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard that the novelization confirmed that Gojira's regeneration ability wasn't a result of the mutation and was in fact how he even survived the blast in which case none of these Kongs can kill him.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sladerulez

@torn_soldier: I thought abt that when I was making the list, but I looked more into it, and noticed how his premutated form still has scars in spite of having regeneration

It seems that his regen isn’t as strong as it is after he mutates

torn_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Unusual_Suspect

Even with regeneration in play, Kong doesn't have to kill it, just incapacitate it, KO it, or BFR it to win.

-1 Godzillasaurus was beefy and tanky, but still decently fast on its feet. It ignored small-arms fire, but its durability against bigger guns (20mm) was never tested, and the pilot was blamed by the other survivor because he believed the 20mm guns would have done the job. That doesn't tell us if G would have actually been hurt, just that characters thought it would, of course.

Pound for pound, I think -1 Godzillasaurus has the speed, durability, and tools to at least match, if not slightly exceed, a Kong.

Against the smaller kongs, Godzillasaurus is gonna have snacks, but if a Kong has any strong weight class advantage (and some certainly do - at a glance, Mechani Kong was 100m, roughly twice POST-MUTATION Godzillasaurus, who itself is a good 3 times bigger than the G-man fighting here)... I think Kong has the tools to win, and even dominate, a fight (even if permakilling is impossible for a kong to pull off, which I'm a bit doubtful about - it's not clear to me that his regeneration wasn't boosted by the radiation mutations, and we don't really see it in effect on G's pre-mutated form).

Edit: google produced some inconsistent sizes for some kongs (Mechani Kong is listed at 20m elsewhere), but at least a few kongs are a touch larger.

It looks like Godzillasaurus has a decent chance (but no guarantee against a few Kongs) to clear the gauntlet, unless the 100m Mechani Kong snuck in the gauntlet somehow.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unusual_suspect: to answer the question regarding Kong’s inconsistent height, King Kong Escapes was technically designed as a follow up to the King Kong show. This has caused the actual size for the character to fluctuate between the film version and the show version

torn_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: Kaiju height and weight being inconsistent is irritating. Zilla Junior weighs drastically more than his parent who was the same size as him and Showa Gamera weighs so little for his size that his body would actually be lighter than air. They just pick a tonnage that sounds big.

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: Kaiju height and weight being inconsistent is irritating. Zilla Junior weighs drastically more than his parent who was the same size as him and Showa Gamera weighs so little for his size that his body would actually be lighter than air. They just pick a tonnage that sounds big.

That scaling means just cant reverse Zilla 98 w/ G:TS stats.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@torn_soldier: tbh the easy answere is the latest size and weight. In case of Zilla Jr use the retcon stated weight. The heaviest one. That was the current

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the size difference in most Kongs prior to the 70s film can be difficult to quantify due to some being based off preexisting version

Like how people mistake “Escape” Kong to be the same size as the KKvG Kong, when the former was modeled to be of similar size as the Show.

Then there’s the 2001 Kong which could become twice as big (rough 80ft) if angered mid merge sequence

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't see Godzilla beating either Escapes Kong or Mechani-Kong unless we assume he straight-up tanked the nuke instead of being caught in the vicinity.

The american movie versions are hard to tell, Godzillasaurus doesn't have many feats and his ability to tank high-grade military weaponry was purposefully ambiguous.