Pre-Ragnarok Thor VS Endgame Thor

• 120 results
Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bayman007: obviously you don’t because at this point your trolling or just down right silly lol.

Hahaha exactly like I said your either trolling or daft, the comics the cartoons and the films all point to one thing and it’s certainly no where close to the hulk having a chance without his team mates.

You are entitled to your opinion, but i am neither trolling or being down right silly...

Without trying to repeat my self to much, he SHOULD have taken him apart. This doesn't change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: well I’m asking you why? Why should the MCU version of Hulk defeat Thanos?

What’s your reason for this belief because it’s based on nothing from the source material and the films them self from GotG1 made it clearly where Thanos was in terms of power.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: Because the Hulk has being pushing his limits through out the comics and on-sceen incarnations i've seen. He should be getting stronger and stronger (bigger and anger in some ways).

There were many plot devices that could have been used to ramp his stregnth i.e. black widows death. I put this all on those ruso brothers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: fair enough but his powers don’t work like that all the time plus if gets stronger so does Thanos etc as time goes on he’ll never be that level in base

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: obv he isn’t he’s beyond hulk and then some and I say that as a big hulk fan.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: I can't agree with the beyond the hulk bit, but it's nice to chat about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: it’s a shame you can’t see that as a comic fan but nice to chat anyway mate

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: how do you ambush someone with Thanos' combat reaction speed from a quarter mile away? Thanos had all the time in the world to try a different method than a full IG Blast to stop SB and didn't/couldn't. Thanos reacted to all kinds of foes just as fast and even closer. Also Thor doesn't need to get close if he doesn't want, he just stuns him from the sky with lightning and tosses SB....or bfr's him to space (Thanos has no feats allowing him to survive). Or just repeats the IW scene. Thanos cannot survive IW Thor....as we have seen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: well he literally did ambush him with lightning and Thanos reacted with a “beam blast” afterwards. The context your forgetting is

Firstly the directors said so but we’ll ignore that for sake of the argument.

- Thanos doesn’t know Thor lived let alone he’s about to attack him from behind.

- Thanos assumed he stopped the dwarves forging forever.

- Stormbreaker being the calibre if weapon it is (Asgard’s greatest) able to cut through energy and being the only weapon capably of cleaving Thanos like butter.

- lightning doesn’t actually affect Thanos that much if at all he’s instantly got up from one blast from Thor and a double blast from Cap.

Lastly it wasn’t a fight Thor would lose a proper fight every time but the odd hit with SB, just like IW at the beginning and just like EG twice and likely many of the other 14million scenarios.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: What we saw on screen is not an ambush as it is defined in any dictionary. I dont care if Thanos knew Thor existed or not...it is irrelevant, if IW Thor is similar to EG Thor he would have been able to do something....hell, EG Thanos did not know about SB either so that is no argument. Lastly...lightning effected Thanos fone, it disabled him while he was under current...like a taser on a human. I have handcuffed many many people while disabled by a taser and just because they are fine after doesn't mean it didnt do its job. You are one of those guys that believes the movie hype of tasers supposed to knock people out? Lightning disables Thanos...while stunned, axe to face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: EG Thanos did know about Stormbreaker he literally watches himself die by it and spends the finally battle avoided or countering SB because he knows he can’t tank it.

Wtf are you talking about tasers lol??? Thanos doesn’t get stunned by lightning just knocked down and he’s quicker at getting up before both Thor or Cap could attack so again what?

Thor can’t beat him in a fight wether it be comics, cartoons or films it’s always the same result sorry to burst your bubble.

If you want Thor to win hands down in your own head that’s fine I’m not gonna judge someone for preferring their version.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Six-Deuce

@finalkingthanos: Are you under the impression that Thor cannot throw SB and hit Thanos with lightning at the same time? Thor does not need to hold SB to make lightning. I think I have found the root fallacy of your scenario...you never watched Thor Ragnarok. We have watched Thanos incapacitated by comparatively small bolts....we have seen SB cleave Thanos...Thor can do both at the same time...is it not now clear to you?

As far as comics and cartoons...you are correct but that has nothing to do with this conversation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: Well it’s not something Thor does in character I can’t remember him throwing Mjolnir or SB while hitting them with lighting at the same time.

But yes assuming he can do that is assuming he can consistently land the hits Thanos dodges every single Mjolnir throw or axe swing from Thor (with back up for the most part) except duing the IW scene were Thanos is over confident and literally stands still.

Thor is going to come close and brawl that’s what he does and when he does he’ll lose most of the time.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By bobandjim1260

@finalkingthanos: You are arguing with brick walls man. Despite obvious evidence against their claims, word of god confirmation (from both the writers and directors) and on screen feats, they still favor their opinion. More power to em I guess.

Keep up the fight man. God knows I wouldn't have the patience to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: hahaha cheers mate I try not take it too seriously but it’s funny how so many people need things spelled out while others need the opposite.

trust me I know I’ve been on all sorts of threads lately one argument after another.

I’m pretty fair when it comes to fights and look at it both ways but some of the fans on here are just straight brain damage.

Hopefully see you on more threads mate.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#117  Edited By Supermanthor

end game thor

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame Thor. As incompetent as he is, his lighting power seems to be all over the place when compared to Ragnarok and IW. I'm more convinced of this after rewatching his Endgame fights.

For example, when he hits Iron Man with lighting to amp him, Iron Man can fire 7 or 8 (if I count correctly) energy blasts (he normally fires 2 during battle, in IW he probably uses 4 against Cull at one instance). And just one such blast can obliberate smaller Chitauri ships (much like Thor's big lighting bolt in Avengers 1). Even if Thor contributed to just half of the power of those 7 or 8 blasts, that's still above pre-Ragnarok average striking power IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just want to ponder the insanity of the idea that Thor was significantly weaker due to the fact he was carrying around a higher body fat %.

Talking about a guy strong enough to punch out Hulk, level a city, survive the heat of a star, holding open the Iris of Nidavellir, etc. Among his other insane strength feats. Lets say he put on like 50lbs which is probably roughly accurate... do you really think with the force he can generate that adding 50lbs of resistance is going to do anything?

In terms of muscle atrophy... Thor doesn't appear to ever train or need training... he's an extremely old God with more inherent power than Odin. So I don't think Thor neglecting to hit the Asgardian version of planet fitness or doing pushups in his bedroom is much of an excuse either.

The only other idea that you could possibly use to suggest Thor was significantly weaker was psychological reasons... which have no physiological effect on the force he can generate with his muscles. And when he actually fought Thanos and co. at the end of the movie he appeared to be just as fired up as ever, didn't appear to be lacking any motivation. He was wielding the power of two godly hammers simultaneously, and was still in possession of his mindset shift/potential unlocking he experienced in Ragnarok.

Can anyone, other than pointing out that he got fat, point out an actual piece of evidence or reason to suggest Thor was any weaker than before? I'm not talking about 0.1% weaker, I'm talking about weaker in a way that actually matters? End Game Thor appears to be virtually the same Thor as Infinity War except fatter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: good write up that’s my opinion as well.

To add to it, it honestly seems to be people just expected him to use the gauntlet or to solo Thanos without a fight.

Thor’s power has been pretty consistent throughout all the mcu imo only getting an extra lightning amp and a weapon amp.

Like you said it was his mind that broken in EG, they made him fat as another a gag and a visual cue for him now being broken since he’s usually this perfect god looking guy.

By the the time the 3 Avengers walk out to face Thanos all 3 are equipped with there best gear and all willing to do “whatever it takes” to kill Thanos “properly this time”.

EG Thor was close to blood lusted and held two god hammers he would be a tough match up for most.