power stone thanos (MCU) vs zod and faora (DCEU)

• 119 results
EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

RuthlessKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Thanos would kill zod.

You understand we're talking about MCU Thanos with only the power stone?

RuthlessKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Yeah I do. And I also know that not just anybody can wield an infinity stone as it would kill them. Ronan with the power stone could destroy all of xandar. In that same movie, thanos was called the most powerful being in the universe. Thanos with the power stone alone is a planet buster who kills zod by hype powerscaling and feats.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@subline said:

@mutant1230: Given Up?

No... I'm just not wasting my time trying to educate you. Everything I've said has been laid and explained more than once.

The discussion is over, Thanos stomps.

No need to beat a dead horse with someone who is refusing to admit they're wrong in the face of mountains of evidence

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

either solo

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos doesn't need the power stone.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, very low difficulty.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah Zod gives Thanos the beating of his life

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod solos, mismatch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No... I'm just not wasting my time trying to educate you. Everything I've said has been laid and explained more than once.

The discussion is over, Thanos stomps.

No need to beat a dead horse with someone who is refusing to admit they're wrong in the face of mountains of evidence

Evidence? SERIOUSLY? You didn't provide 1 feat.

I seriously don't understand some people. Zod stomps. I'll just explain my point with feats this time, seeming as though you don't want to post any.

Zod is more durable, Zod has literally never been pierced whilst having his Earth Powers, and he tanks Superman's supersonic Punches and tanks explosions. Whereas Hulk is made to stumble and is sent of balance by the Hulk -_- And gets pierced by a few Iron Man punches and kicks.

Zod is the better striker. Zod has sent Superman flying a hundred or so feat, and left him stunned. He often creates shock waves with his hits, without even going near to his max speed. He punched through a satellite. Thanos striking feats aren't comparable.

Zod is too fast for Thanos aswell, he flew to space in a matter of seconds. Thanos has never fought someone this fast.

And it's not like Thanos is way / far more skilled anyway. He trained his entire life, he even states himself he was bred to be a warrior: ".I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses.". So he's pretty skilled too. Thanos is more skilled, but not loads more. Overall, the stat advantage for Zod just makes it impossible for Thanos to win.

And all you can say is "THANOS DESTROYED A MOON", smh. What is he going to do, destroy the surface of the earth and kill himself in the process, oh, ok. Seems logical.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Yeah I do. And I also know that not just anybody can wield an infinity stone as it would kill them. Ronan with the power stone could destroy all of xandar. In that same movie, thanos was called the most powerful being in the universe. Thanos with the power stone alone is a planet buster who kills zod by hype powerscaling and feats.

Oh ok. I guess Thanos is just going to destroy the surface of the earth and kill himself in the process. Makes sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:

Thanos doesn't need the power stone.

Facepalm

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@subline:

xD Since you're so passionate about this discussion I'll give one more reply explaining once again why Thanos wins this, and how your arguments stating otherwise don't work for one reason or another. PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME if you reply back just shouting untrue statements in all caps and/or just completely ignore all of my points I will not waste my time talking with you.

With that said:

I seriously don't understand some people. Zod stomps. I'll just explain my point with feats this time, seeming as though you don't want to post any.

Pretty sure I've literally posted dozens upon dozens of feats. I'm sorry you seemed to have missed every single one, but I'd rather you don't make objectively false accusations against me. I'll quote every single feat I listed previously just to prove it to you:

Thanos was able to tank punches from Hulk who has a very similar strength level to General Zod, ergo Thanos can tank punches from Zod. That's not even with the Power Stone which I explained above, we have no reason to assume won't work on amping Thanos to Ronan's level.

How will he kill Zod with the Power Stone? The stone was capable of destroying planets. Thanos with no effort was able to break apart chunks of the moon. If he was really trying he could easily destroy it, just like he did with the mirror dimension or what Star-Lord did at the end of GoTG. I bet you're probably thinking right now that Thanos never destroyed a planet and therefore can't assume he's able to, but remember, he's extremely knowledgable on the stones enough he could wipe out 50% of all life by the end of the movie. It's a safe bet he knows how, and it will decimate Zod.

Also consider this: Thanos didn't use the Power Stone while fighting the Hulk, which the Russos confirmed in an interview. It is very possible Thanos didn't use it during the fight on Titan. Unlike your theory that Ronan got significantly amped more than Thanos, which doesn't have any in-universe evidence, this theory does, the Russos literally confirmed it had happened before at the beginning of the movie.

Sorry, what were you saying again about me not providing any feats?

Zod is more durable, Zod has literally never been pierced whilst having his Earth Powers, and he tanks Superman's supersonic Punches and tanks explosions. Whereas Hulk is made to stumble and is sent of balance by the Hulk -_- And gets pierced by a few Iron Man punches and kicks.

So... following your logic, Captain America has never fully lost a fight in the MCU without throwing it, unlike DCEU Zod, so therefore Captain America is stronger than Zod? Surely you are smart enough to realize this makes absolutely no sense, right? Zod not getting cut isn't proof of superior durability, dude, unless they were fighting the same exact people.

Notice when Thanos is in a comparable situation fighting the Hulk he has no issue putting him down. Unlike Zod who literally got pummeled and eventually killed by Superman. You're seriously trying to say that Thanos stumbling a little bit is worse than Zod getting straight up punched through entire buildings? Are you for real!? xD

You're still taking Thanos bleeding completely out of context. The same mistake you made. I'll give copy and paste the explanation I left for this, because I think it's completely unnecessary to write it out a third time.

Are you unaware of the fact Iron Man had help fighting Thanos? He was the one who made him bleed technically, but his skin breaking was the result of their entire beat down throughout the entire fight! If a group of thugs beat someone up, and one thug lands the killing blow. Does that thug take all the credit for every single wound the victim received? The answer that most would agree, is no.

I rest my case.

Zod is the better striker. Zod has sent Superman flying a hundred or so feat, and left him stunned. He often creates shock waves with his hits, without even going near to his max speed. He punched through a satellite. Thanos striking feats aren't comparable.

Thanos' strength scales to the Hulk, and is much, much, much greater with the Power Stone amping him. Like unbelievably so. He literally punched an abstract mirror dimension into pieces. xD

I think that is much better than creating a shockwave after a punch.

Zod is too fast for Thanos aswell, he flew to space in a matter of seconds. Thanos has never fought someone this fast.

Never once did I deny Zod had superior speed. Unless he uses that to steal the Power Stone from Thanos and use it against him, that's not going to help that much, and isn't what you're even debating here. Not to mention the Kryptonian can't really outrun planetary level explosions. Speed doesn't change the fact Zod is hopelessly outmatched by the Mad Titan in literally everything.

And it's not like Thanos is way / far more skilled anyway. He trained his entire life, he even states himself he was bred to be a warrior: ".I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses.". So he's pretty skilled too. Thanos is more skilled, but not loads more. Overall, the stat advantage for Zod just makes it impossible for Thanos to win.

If you need to resort to unverifiable hyperbole for feats, it's a sign you don't really have a leg to stand on.

But if you seriously are going to act like statements = irrefutable facts, than Korath the Pursuer has literally described Thanos as being the "most powerful being in the universe" meaning he has to have power and skills literally above anyone in the observable universe, and that's without any Infinity Stones! xD

But sure, let's let Zod describing himself as being a warrior his whole life be a feat, Thanos still horribly outmatches it!

And all you can say is "THANOS DESTROYED A MOON", smh. What is he going to do, destroy the surface of the earth and kill himself in the process, oh, ok. Seems logical.

You are aware that just because the Power Stone maxes out at planetary level potential (or so we assume via on screen feats) that he can only perform planetary blasts? Lol, no.

With the Power Stone he can still do continental blasts, strikes that are planetary but still smaller than the spheroid they're fighting on, etc. If his baseline is planetary, he can do practically endless amounts of attacks slightly less powerful than that which Zod still has absolutely no hope of surviving what so ever.

There. Here are my answers to all of your points. I'm open to having a rational discussion where you respond to them in a logical/thoughtful manner and vice versa. But if you continue to obviously not even read my replies, keep screaming that you're right because you're right, or anything else of that nature I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself over & over

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zod solos

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc6a17e6d482
deactivated-5bc6a17e6d482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way, but not sure Zod can solo..he will need Faora's help to put Thanos down.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zod stomps. Thanos would get physically battered and he has shown nothing serious with powerstone aside from few fodder attacks. In short zod destroys him.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zod stomps. Thanos would get physically battered and he has shown nothing serious with powerstone aside from few fodder attacks. In short zod destroys him.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod Solo

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: zero proof he destroyed Xandar sure he may have invaded and destroyed there forces but there is zero evidence he wiped out the planet why didnt he do the same to earth?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: zero proof he destroyed Xandar sure he may have invaded and destroyed there forces but there is zero evidence he wiped out the planet why didnt he do the same to earth?

I didn't say he destroyed Xandar, I said he decimated it. The Celestial never destroyed planets, either; just the surface.

The only proof we have, one way or another, is the reference that Thanos decimated Xandar. There's no proof that he did anything but decimate Xandar. Not sure what argument you're making.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna end up as a tug of war.....of thanos' extremities

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: how exactly would Thor know he decimated Xander 2 weeks ago? From what I understand from ragnarok, loki was on sakaar for 2 weeks before Thor showed

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#77 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: how exactly would Thor know he decimated Xander 2 weeks ago? From what I understand from ragnarok, loki was on sakaar for 2 weeks before Thor showed

It doesn't really matter how he knows. The fact is it happened. Even the directors acknowledged it; they just didn't want to put it in the movie.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well have to give this one to thanos based on comments, probably ironically

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a mismatch. Faora one shots, Zod one shots

felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at zod stomping anything....Thanos wins due to power gem.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I’ve been reading through this. The people saying Zod or Faora solo are taking a lot of liberties. Assuming certain characters are stronger or weaker than others, and also downplaying the gem. Thanos should clear very easily here if we think about it. If you say Zod and Superman have simulator stats due to them being able to fight, then it’s obvoius Thanos is far beyond Thor. Some of Thor’s feats include knocking Hulk through over a hundred feet of metal, taking the full power of a neutron Star, tugging a giant ring hundreds of feet wide and thick that was made out of metal able to withstand incredible heat. He withstood the Solovia blast, shards of metal flying into his face, and actually has amazing reactions feats, having blocked Chitauri blasts, Loki’s bolts, Helas blades, and Hydra weapons. Thanos is vastly more powerful than him and Hulk, so by scaling he is way way stronger than these two. Also he has a stone capable of clearing planets. Now in IW he never did that obviously because he needed to find the stones. But here he won’t hesitate. Claims he gets one shot by him are very immature and don’t belong here as they are not true. The fact is the the gem he could one shot them.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they aren't fast enough to snatch the stone and Thanos only needs to close his fist or make contact with the ground to win.

Naknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Naknasty

@felgrim: lol you’re so adorably misinformed

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna end up as a tug of war.....of thanos' extremities

This. They can kill him however they want. Probably the best comment I have seen. Either one shot. The power stone cannot hurt them

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame feats allowed means thanos can one shot

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd199bca0205
deactivated-5cd199bca0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora is fast enough to take the gauntlet off, together they could take it off due to their strength.

Faora and Zod together could win this

uchihaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team win, they are pretty fast and strong. Zod uppercutted supes the height of a skyscrapper.

Zansuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins because he'd allow the two to hit him, while he takes it, then when an opening opens up... he gets a hit in with the Power Stone and kills one of them... then the other pauses... then tries to fight back, but the same thing happens.. Thanos waits for an opening, then grabs their neck and crushes it.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is weak, stones and gauntlet doesn't have any feats suggesting hurting even street levelers. Stop using feats from other characters that used the stone for "defending themselves".

If you are going like that then both Faora and Zod are Kyrptonians and they are able to do what Superman can. Thanos is just a statue to them, they will destroy him before Thanos can blink.

Because Superman is able to do that easily and they all got same powers.

Like Thanos getting feats from other characters because they used the same stone.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#92  Edited By Shinne

Zod solos in a hard fight. Faora could be a Thor level distraction, but would be put down easily.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinglouie: And Carol is like what a kryptonian now ?

Stop making me laugh. We are all watching the same movies.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Eri_Joni  Online

Thanos.

And LOL at Power stone not hurting street levels

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By chuggachugga170

@arqe: carol survives fall from orbits, mach 20+ combat speed, dodges plasma bolts and fighter jets constantly, bullrushed a small city sized santuary ii, stated by friday to go from the atmosphere to the ground in ten seconds and crossed 12000 light years in less than a month. but no i agree with u obvs, dceu batman replicates that easy no worries

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU wins with ease even from the comics

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos already one shot someone with way better durability than both Zod and Faora. He's gonna do it again.