power stone thanos (MCU) vs zod and faora (DCEU)

• 119 results
Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

no prep or knowledge

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos only needs to close his hand.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deltahuman

Zod solo stomps if Thanos fights like he fought on Titan.

Thanos wins if he uses/can use full potential of the power stone like the MCU Celestial Eson.

Edit: Just realised Thanos has no space stone. Zod bullrushes Thanos to space.

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it’s said that Superman can take a full IG Thanos through speedblitz, how the hell can he take two Superman tier players then?

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos wins if he uses/can use full potential of the power stone like the MCU Celestial Eson.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xzone

If thanos actually tries he wins in seconds

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos uses Faora as a bat to beat down Zod.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how Thanos fights.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thanos doesn’t job then he doesn’t need the stone

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firstfirmament: how is faora or Zod Superman tire when he can blitzs both and he’s already killed Zod and faora is fodder to him now?

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: they have the same powers, besides this, even if they are below Superman, they can still blitz Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: I made a respect thread on Thanos, with all his Infinity Gauntlet feats, he isn't beating Zod with just the power stone.

Thefineste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't need the Power Stone to win.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'll side with Thanos even without the stone.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit: Just realised Thanos has no space stone. Zod bullrushes Thanos to space.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod solo stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod solo dies

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

@mutant1230: I made a respect thread on Thanos, with all his Infinity Gauntlet feats, he isn't beating Zod with just the power stone.

The Power Stone was capable of destroying entire planets and was casually able to protect Ronan the Accuser from mountain level+ explosions. He stomps Zod with the Power Stone. The Kryptonian just doesn't have the feats to win.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230:

The Power Stone was capable of destroying entire planets and was casually able to protect Ronan the Accuser from mountain level+ explosions. He stomps Zod with the Power Stone. The Kryptonian just doesn't have the feats to win.

When did Thanos do any of these things mentioned and why would he do it now with "no prep or no knowledge" when he never did so with "no prep or no knowledge" in Infinity War?

Taskofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Zod solo's

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@mutant1230:

When did Thanos do any of these things mentioned and why would he do it now with "no prep or no knowledge" when he never did so with "no prep or no knowledge" in Infinity War?

He didn't do them, but other wielders of the Power Stone did... considering how knowledgable he was on the Infinity Stones and his ability to use them by the end of the film with no prep, It's extremely likely he can use the Power Stone for very similar uses.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
CarmineDcMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31 JediXMan  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@mutant1230:

I think it's implied he destroyed Xandar with it, but that happened off screen so we don't know what happened.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I don't ever remember this yet many people have said this.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth:

He didn't do them, but other wielders of the Power Stone did... considering how knowledgable he was on the Infinity Stones and his ability to use them by the end of the film with no prep, It's extremely likely he can use the Power Stone for very similar uses.

What you should've said is "it's extremely unlikely" he would use the power stone in any way you mentioned due to the fact that Thanos had an entire nearly 3 hour movie where he did nothing you mentioned. Where is this mountain level+ explosion you mentioned?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediXMan  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@jedixman: I don't ever remember this yet many people have said this.

Thor used the word "decimated," which is the same thing the Celestial did. The Power Gem has never been planet-busting, but it is capable of destroying the surface of planets, which I'd say qualifies as decimation.

Loading Video...

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Oh, good point. I agree though that I wouldn't use that feat directly in a debate due to its vague nature.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashugan

@jedixman: I know that the powergem can't planet bust but it destroys planets through organic reaction or something.

I'm searching the wiki and it says half the population was removed. If it was destroyed in the same manner that the celestial did, then half the population wouldn't still be there, no?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JediXMan  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@jedixman: I know that the powergem can't planet bust but it destroys planets through organic reaction or something.

I'm searching the wiki and it says half the population was removed. If it was destroyed in the same manner that the celestial did, then half the population would still be there, no?

Again, it's unclear.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: That's fine. He won't be using it to destroy planets here then.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@jedixman: That's fine. He won't be using it to destroy planets here then.

Probably not. The gems haven't been shown to be planet busters; moon busters, yes, and surface destroyers, but not planet busters.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: When I said "destroy planets" I didn't mean DBZ style. Killing off the surface and everyone on it counts the same, but I think we agree on this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop trying man. Yeah, Thanos destroyed the SURFACE of a planet, but it won't be useful in this battle. And that's a Ronan feat, it can't be transferred to Thanos. Truth is Thanos gets blitzed, and gets destroyed. Thanos got pierced by Iron Man. And was stumbling after Hulk hits. If Hulk could make him stumble, Zod can easily KO after a few Hypersonic punches.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By miekskywalker

@subline: Zod does not hit harder than hulk.

No one does as of now

Hulk simply has the best striking feats

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:
@mutant1230 said:

Stop trying man. Yeah, Thanos destroyed the SURFACE of a planet, but it won't be useful in this battle. And that's a Ronan feat, it can't be transferred to Thanos. Truth is Thanos gets blitzed, and gets destroyed. Thanos got pierced by Iron Man. And was stumbling after Hulk hits. If Hulk could make him stumble, Zod can easily KO after a few Hypersonic punches.

???

So, you're saying that Thanos, a man with complete knowledge on Infinity Stones, is somehow less adapt at using the Power Stone than Ronan the Accuser who has little no experience with them prior to Guardians of the Galaxy? o_O

Can't say I follow that line of reasoning. For that reason, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

And a word of advice, saying Zod can beat Thanos because Iron Man made him bleed is probably one of the most amateur mistakes you can make on the Battle Forums. That's a feat for Iron Man and his latest suit. Thanos being "only" stumbled by the Hulk who has strength feats that could rattle Zod doesn't really help your case here. xD

If we disregard the baseless idea that Thanos has no idea how to use the Power Stone and that somehow being only slightly hurt by the Hulk is an Anti-Feat, I think I'm going to stick by the most logical conclusion to this debate which is that Thanos amped with the stone wins here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230:

So, you're saying that Thanos, a man with complete knowledge on Infinity Stones, is somehow less adapt at using the Power Stone than Ronan the Accuser who has little no experience with them prior to Guardians of the Galaxy? o_O

Can't say I follow that line of reasoning. For that reason, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

No. The Durability improvement has nothing to do with how well one can use Infinity Stones. The physical amps including durability are given naturally with the stone. And as for Ronan's durability feats with the Stone, they are superior to Thanos', it shouldn't be like this, but it is. Ronan straight up tanked a shot from the Hadron Enforcer, a weapon which was said able to blow up moons (Rocket Raccoon says this), whereas Thanos gets cut from a Punch from Iron Man.

And a word of advice, saying Zod can beat Thanos because Iron Man made him bleed is probably one of the most amateur mistakes you can make on the Battle Forums. That's a feat for Iron Man and his latest suit. Thanos being "only" stumbled by the Hulk who has strength feats that could rattle Zod doesn't really help your case here. xD

If we disregard the baseless idea that Thanos has no idea how to use the Power Stone and that somehow being only slightly hurt by the Hulk is an Anti-Feat, I think I'm going to stick by the most logical conclusion to this debate which is that Thanos amped with the stone wins here.

Call me an amateur and be arrogant all you want. The truth is you're just throwing around silly statements that don't even make sense. So I'm gonna start from the beginning. Also, it's funny how you said that an amped Thanos can beat Zod when you really havn't said how.

Zod is stronger and the better striker.

Zod is more durable.

Zod is faster.

Now, i'd like you to tell me 1 way in which Thanos puts him down with just the Power Stone (If you can).

Ice-Breaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ice-Breaker

thanos can destroy\ disintegrate at range with the stone by closing his fist.

Writers for IW also confirmed it was the power stone that actaully "killed" half the universe. they even said they tried to recreate a more subtle version of the power stones effect on living beings so they referenced visuals of its first use on quil and the guardians from GOTG.

Power stone Thanos wrecks without much effort if he's serious.

The Power Stone was blipping them out of existence,” DeLeeuw told Inverse. According to DeLeeuw, his team developed an early version of the “blip out” that involved all six multi-color Infinity Stones being utilized to initiate the “snappening.”

“All the Infinity Stones have their signature color and appearance as a visual effect,” DeLeeuw said. “So the ‘blip out,’ we thought, ‘What would all the stones do to a person, blipping them out?’”

The VFX artists mulled over the Reality Stone and the Soul Stone — “Because souls cease to exist?” he asked — before the Power Stone was selected for simplicity’s sake.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

No. The Durability improvement has nothing to do with how well one can use Infinity Stones. The physical amps including durability are given naturally with the stone. And as for Ronan's durability feats with the Stone, they are superior to Thanos', it shouldn't be like this, but it is. Ronan straight up tanked a shot from the Hadron Enforcer, a weapon which was said able to blow up moons (Rocket Raccoon says this), whereas Thanos gets cut from a Punch from Iron Man.

You just made the exact same mistake as before. Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and the Guardians combined effort making Thanos bleed is proof they're strong, not proof Thanos is weak. Once again, your theory that the Power Stone gave Thanos less durability than Ronan because reasons makes absolutely no sense or any level.

Also consider this: Thanos didn't use the Power Stone while fighting the Hulk, which the Russos confirmed in an interview. It is very possible Thanos didn't use it during the fight on Titan. Unlike your theory that Ronan got significantly amped more than Thanos, which doesn't have any in-universe evidence, this theory does, the Russos literally confirmed it had happened before at the beginning of the movie.

Call me an amateur and be arrogant all you want. The truth is you're just throwing around silly statements that don't even make sense. So I'm gonna start from the beginning. Also, it's funny how you said that an amped Thanos can beat Zod when you really havn't said how.

I never called you arrogant, and I'm not sure why what I'm saying isn't making sense to you. Thanos was able to tank punches from Hulk who has a very similar strength level to General Zod, ergo Thanos can tank punches from Zod. That's not even with the Power Stone which I explained above, we have no reason to assume won't work on amping Thanos to Ronan's level.

How will he kill Zod with the Power Stone? The stone was capable of destroying planets. Thanos with no effort was able to break apart chunks of the moon. If he was really trying he could easily destroy it, just like he did with the mirror dimension or what Star-Lord did at the end of GoTG. I bet you're probably thinking right now that Thanos never destroyed a planet and therefore can't assume he's able to, but remember, he's extremely knowledgable on the stones enough he could wipe out 50% of all life by the end of the movie. It's a safe bet he knows how, and it will decimate Zod.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU fanboys fall more into the hypothetical side day by day...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

You just made the exact same mistake as before. Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and the Guardians combined effort making Thanos bleed is proof they're strong, not proof Thanos is weak. Once again, your theory that the Power Stone gave Thanos less durability than Ronan because reasons makes absolutely no sense or any level.

Also consider this: Thanos didn't use the Power Stone while fighting the Hulk, which the Russos confirmed in an interview. It is very possible Thanos didn't use it during the fight on Titan. Unlike your theory that Ronan got significantly amped more than Thanos, which doesn't have any in-universe evidence, this theory does, the Russos literally confirmed it had happened before at the beginning of the movie.

I never called you arrogant, and I'm not sure why what I'm saying isn't making sense to you. Thanos was able to tank punches from Hulk who has a very similar strength level to General Zod, ergo Thanos can tank punches from Zod. That's not even with the Power Stone which I explained above, we have no reason to assume won't work on amping Thanos to Ronan's level.

How will he kill Zod with the Power Stone? The stone was capable of destroying planets. Thanos with no effort was able to break apart chunks of the moon. If he was really trying he could easily destroy it, just like he did with the mirror dimension or what Star-Lord did at the end of GoTG. I bet you're probably thinking right now that Thanos never destroyed a planet and therefore can't assume he's able to, but remember, he's extremely knowledgable on the stones enough he could wipe out 50% of all life by the end of the movie. It's a safe bet he knows how, and it will decimate Zod.

Except it wasn't a combined effort, it was Iron Man. And Ronan being more durable shouldn't be true, but it is. That's the Film maker's fault, not mine. Now you're just throwing around useless statements like the Russos said that he didn't use the power stone against Hulk. Ok then, if you're just going to keep changing the subject i'll say it again, ZOD HAS BETTER DURABILITY FEATS THAN THANOS!

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your comment. I read it and it's just ridiculous tbh. Like, you said that Thanos destroyed parts of a moon, um... ok. What're you suggesting? That he's going to destroy Zod, or destroy the planet he's on, haha, Ok. For you're next reply, I want you to ignore the rest of my comment and just respond to what's below, ok?

ZOD IS STRONGER AND THE BETTER STRIKER

ZOD IS MORE DURABLE

ZOD IS FASTER

ZOD CAN DODGE WHATEVER THANOS TRIES TO THROW AT HIM.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

Except it wasn't a combined effort, it was Iron Man.

Are you unaware of the fact Iron Man had help fighting Thanos? He was the one who made him bleed technically, but his skin breaking was the result of their entire beat down throughout the entire fight! If a group of thugs beat someone up, and one thug lands the killing blow. Does that thug take all the credit for every single wound the victim received? The answer that most would agree, is no.

And Ronan being more durable shouldn't be true, but it is. That's the Film maker's fault, not mine.

It's not true, though. Nothing in canon supports that other than what you keep spouting on this thread. Your word though, unfortunately, does not trump the actual in movies which illustrate a significant amount of evidence that Thanos indeed can use the Power Stone to a very high potential.

Now you're just throwing around useless statements like the Russos said that he didn't use the power stone against Hulk. Ok then, if you're just going to keep changing the subject i'll say it again, ZOD HAS BETTER DURABILITY FEATS THAN THANOS!

xD

Looks like you have trouble understanding basic english sentences. I brought up the Russos interview statements as evidence that Thanos might not have even used the Power Stone's durability amp during his battle on Titan. You know, completely relevant to the subject we're talking about. Might help to pay a little bit more attention next time to what's actually being discussed.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your comment. I read it and it's just ridiculous tbh. Like, you said that Thanos destroyed parts of a moon, um... ok. What're you suggesting? That he's going to destroy Zod, or destroy the planet he's on, haha, Ok.

Yes, actually... are you really trying to insinuate that believing Thanos would use a blast capable of destroying a moon against his opponent is somehow a ridiculous position to take? o_O I mean, maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but if not that could possibly be one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say on Comic Vine... at least top five.

ZOD IS STRONGER AND THE BETTER STRIKER

ZOD IS MORE DURABLE

ZOD IS FASTER

Do you think screaming untrue nonsense IN ALL CAPS will magically make your falsehoods true? It won't. Thanos is much stronger and more durable as proven by his skirmish with the Hulk. You can keep claiming the opposite but it will continue to be wrong until the end of time.

And if you really think Zod can just "Dodge" a planet busting attack from the Power Stone... I really don't know how to help you, and would probably just recommend staying off the Battle Forums until educating yourself further on these matters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: Let's start over, ok? I'm going to put some statements down, and you're going to try to prove them wrong.

ZOD IS STRONGER AND THE BETTER STRIKER.

ZOD IS MORE DURABLE.

ZOD IS FASTER.