post infinity war thor (MCU) vs doomsday and cyborg (DCEU)

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gamer-Guy

Poll post infinity war thor (MCU) vs doomsday and cyborg (DCEU) (174 votes)

thor 43%
doomsday and cyborg 56%
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. DD is fast, but Thor can pretty much react to him, Thor cuts him w/ Stormbreaker.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By MethoKi

@nucleon said:
@batman242 said:

@destinyman75: what about Diana's sword proves that it's weaker than Stormbreaker in any way?

Decades of publications, movies and TV series? What's this latecoming sword anyway? Mjolnir alone could be more powerful than WW.

All of what you've listed is irrelevant to both DCEU Diana and her gear and MCU Thor and his gear. Can DCEU Superman pull or destroy planets now since he's done it in other forms of media and Batman in the Justice League film said that he had planetary power?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Nucleon

@batman242 said:
@nucleon said:
@batman242 said:

@destinyman75: what about Diana's sword proves that it's weaker than Stormbreaker in any way?

Decades of publications, movies and TV series? What's this latecoming sword anyway? Mjolnir alone could be more powerful than WW.

All of what you've listed is irrelevant to both DCEU Diana and her gear and MCU Thor and his gear. Can DCEU Superman pull or destroy planets now since he's done it in other forms of media and Batman in the Justice League film said that he had planetary power?

Damn it dude, you are comparing the legendary Mjolnir, an item that's part of our folklore, as an item of power and which doesn't lack feats of anykind, to some un-named sword right out of the blue, a footnote in comibook lore?

Why? Now of course if you could use and have the choice between the two items, you are going to say that you'd take the sword?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingYOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday has energy absorption feats. There's no reason he can't absorb Thor's lightning just because "it's MAGICAL." Doomsday also has enough regen feats as well as speed feats to put Thor down easily. Even if DD does get tagged there's no reason he won't regen. Also, remember Thor's famous line which goes something like "science and magic are one in the same". The "magic" the Asgardian's are using is just really advanced science, it isn't truly magical in nature like Doctor Strange's powers.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: lop Storm breaker already has much better feats not even close

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquatic_pianist salute to you sir! one less wanker on the vine.. until he signs up again

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday has energy absorption feats. There's no reason he can't absorb Thor's lightning just because "it's MAGICAL." Doomsday also has enough regen feats as well as speed feats to put Thor down easily. Even if DD does get tagged there's no reason he won't regen. Also, remember Thor's famous line which goes something like "science and magic are one in the same". The "magic" the Asgardian's are using is just really advanced science, it isn't truly magical in nature like Doctor Strange's powers.

That's a fair argument... However one can easily deduce that all magic is in fact, knowledge we don't have yet, a bit like the knowledge of technology, including the magic that happens to harm Kryptonians.

If WW's generic sword can cut DD, I don't see why Thor, more powerful and equipped with either Mjolnir or Stormbreaker, wouldn't. The regeneration is still a heck of a problem though.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By icec0ld

@nucleon:

A.) The sword of Athena is not generic.

B.) Thor's lightning has zero magical properties. It behaves exactly like regular lightning. Ironmans suit was able to harness it.

C.) DD would not have to Regen as Thor would never hit him. Thor has consistently been overwhelmed by much slower than DD and not been about to counter. Ultron, kurse, Thanos, hulk, and Ironman all have overwhelmed Thor with a succession of attacks and he lacks the speed to respond with a counter. DD is more aggressive and will constantly attack Thor. He won't have a chance to do anything,and even if by dumb luck he lands a shot he is not physically strong enough to hurt DD enough to by himself time.

It took Superman nose diving him from the clouds at a speed so fast his re-entry lit up a large portion of the sky to keep DD down for just a moment. He Rose from the rubble shortly after. Thor cannot hit with that level of power.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Nucleon

@icec0ld said:

@nucleon:

A.) The sword of Athena is not generic.

B.) Thor's lightning has zero magical properties. It behaves exactly like regular lightning. Ironmans suit was able to harness it.

C.) DD would not have to Regen as Thor would never hit him. Thor has consistently been overwhelmed by much slower than DD and not been about to counter. Ultron, kurse, Thanos, hulk, and Ironman all have overwhelmed Thor with a succession of attacks and he lacks the speed to respond with a counter. DD is more aggressive and will constantly attack Thor. He won't have a chance to do anything,and even if by dumb luck he lands a shot he is not physically strong enough to hurt DD enough to by himself time.

It took Superman nose diving him from the clouds at a speed so fast his re-entry lit up a large portion of the sky to keep DD down for just a moment. He Rose from the rubble shortly after. Thor cannot hit with that level of power.

A) I studied mythology in college - I've never heard of "Athena's sword" (but rather her shield, the one with the Medusa's head on). It's still a generic weapon when compared to Mjolnir, let alone Stormbreaker. Doesn't Athena have a spear, anyway? Come on, let it go - it's ridiculous.

B) Forget the lightning - Mjolnir and Stormbreaker can fly right through DD if WW's cutting feat is to be taken as a base.

C) Thor is super-fast. He even got some slomo scenes of his own in the movies. Thor aslo knows how to fight - he spent his whole, immortal life fighting monsters exactly like DD. Furthermore Thor is damn tough; A case can be made that he tanks more easily than the Hulk.

D) Thor can hit at that level of power, plus the heft of Stormbreaker, a magical weapon against wich DD would have no resistance. Thus, I deduce that Thor would have less troubles with DD than Superman (for which DD is tailor-made to kill) had.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday wins this. Thor can’t do anything to him that will put him down.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Motms gone? HELL YEAH!

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: You're totally right. He totally can't throw Stormbreaker through his chest or anything

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By rem

@xzone: Exactly. Doomsday tanked a nuke and was more powerful than ever. Thanos had shit durability. Nothing was shown to permanently put him down besides kryptonite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday still stomps him into the ground and takes his axe for keepsies

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets smoked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By xzone

@DammeFavour: Thanks for conceding lol

In all seriousness, if Thor gets close, he's more than likely gonna die, but if he blitzes him the way he did Thanos.. DD is dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: of course. It's futile attempting debating you. Everyone knows you're wrong but heh you're probably right. Doomsday is just going to stand there and get tagged despite the fact that he reacts to way faster opponents

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: "Everyone" knows I'm wrong. I don't deny the possibility that I am wrong, but the poll shows you are incorrect on who agrees, and disagrees with me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I think I should rephrase that. Every reasonable person knows you're wrong. Thor cannot throw stormbreaker faster than superman can fly, he's never thrown mjolnir or stormbreaker close to the speed of sound, doomsday was batting superman away easily, so tell me exactly how is just gonna throw his axe into his chest.

You haven't even proven that the axe could even hurt doomsday. I mean you also think Thor could separate zod and doomsday despite them being massively faster than him, you also think mjolnir itself can engage in single combat all by itself. Like I said, it's futile.

Your entire argument ever since you came into our lives after the release of infinity wars is Thor has stormbreaker so he oneshots

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: No, lol. You obviously don't pay close attention to what I write. First, Doomsday may very well dodge Stormbreaker. What I was referring to is when Thor lightning spammed Thanos, then threw his hammer. Maybe doomsday can dodge his lightning, I honestly don't know. Maybe he will just absorb it. I do personally believe Stormbreaker can pierce doomsday, but if you choose not to, that's perfectly reasonable. Thirdly, if you recall, I voted for Zod and Doomsday. All I said was that there is a case to be made for Thor (even though I believed it was unlikely) that Thor could fly away and fight Zod solo. Doomsday can not run at Mach speeds, that's stupid. Mjolnir has fought surters fire demons solo... So.. I don't think Stormbreaker 1 shots everyone.

I hope that clears some of that up.

BrutaleBent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can’t really see how Thor can do anything... Doomsday (or JL supes arguably) is the most powerful entity in recent CBMs...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday could take it. He's a legit threat, pretty much DC's Kursed with energy absorption. With that, Thor can beat him, and easy, depending on some factors.

If Thor decided to use energy, it all depends on Doomsday's upper limit. Obviously, this isn't a good idea unless Thor can outpace Doomsdays absorption. This is a plan not worth pursuing.

To win however, Thor could cleave Doomsday up, fighting much as he did vs Hulk in the arena. If Wonder Woman's sword was doing damage enough to dismember limbs, I don't doubt that a weapon fit for a skyfather will have any more trouble.

If Thor simply goes Destroyer, he can pick up Doomsday in a tornado and control the pace of the fight as he desires.

Lastly, Bifrost BFR.

Why's Cyborg here? He gets one shotted.

krispy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By krispy808

Doomsday buttfucks. He's faster, stronger, and will kill Thor before he get a chance to use stormbreaker effectively. Thor fanboys btfo'd.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By nerdchore

Thor wank is still high I see.

Thor will attack doomsday as is his character. Doomsday will rag doll him. Cyborg records it for fun

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg would get killed by either of them, he lives if he sits back and watches.

Thor and Doomsday might actually fight for a little bit but I think Thor’s only striking advantage is his weapon, otherwise he’s outclassed. Anyone that believes there’s too much of a speed difference neglects the fact that Batman could dodge stuff from Doomsday and tag him with weapons.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wank is still high I see.

Thor will attack doomsday as is his character. Doomsday will rag doll him. Cyborg records it for fun

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't believe Thor's weapon can cut the skin of someone who's skin withstood the thermal energy of a nuke.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: yet failed to stop a sword that cut him like butter? Which Storm breaker is much more potent.?? How could he bot slice and dice, even Batman dodged doomsday.? Now If Thor uses energy attacks he does get beat pretty good but using storm breaker he has a case with slice and dice

.least that's how I see it

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: yet failed to stop a sword that cut him like butter?

You start your counter off with an illogical premise. The sword that's only feats otherwise are slicing a car quite easily and not breaking into a billion pieces as soon as DD's fist collided with it makes it cutting DD's arm off after already cutting into his skin once before is a feat for the sword, not an anti-feat.

Which Storm breaker is much more potent.??

We're talking about sharpness, my friend. The only feat of sharpness for Stormbreaker is cutting into Thanos' skin which was previously cut by a blunt force object from Iron Man.

How could he bot slice and dice

Because Stormbreaker does not have enough feats of sharpness....

even Batman dodged doomsday.?

What does this have to do with Stormbreaker cutting into Doomsday's skin exactly?

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't believe Thor's weapon can cut the skin of someone who's skin withstood the thermal energy of a nuke.

But.. but.. but it cut Thanos?

You're not the only one dude. The axe has NO feats of cutting something or someone nearly as durable as Doomsday. Its best feat is cutting Thanos, whose durability doesn't begin to compare to Doomsday's.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ad-arts

Doomsday solos. Nothing Thor can do. Thor's lightnighs will just make him stronger as everything else did. Thor will eventually lose. Withouth a Kryptionite it's just a matter of time, a short time. In solo battle there is no distraction ( ww/batman ). It's going to be 1vs1. Therfore Doomsday will just keep coming at him all the time.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. If the axe can defeat a beam from the full IG(which was pretty much confirmed by the writers) than I think it can hurt Doomsday.

Cyborg is out of his league and shouldn't be here. He provides nothing.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ad-arts

@amcu said:

Thor. If the axe can defeat a beam from the full IG(which was pretty much confirmed by the writers) than I think it can hurt Doomsday.

Cyborg is out of his league and shouldn't be here. He provides nothing.

Hurting Doomsday will only make him stronger... Batman was out of his leage but provided distraction... so...

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: Sure depending on the degree of damage you do.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ad-arts

@amcu said:

@ad-arts: Sure depending on the degree of damage you do.

All damage up to a nuke level and Thor does not compare to nuke in the face. Also Batman was out of his league but he was helpful, providing distraction...

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: A full powered beam from the IG should exceed a nuke and Stormbreaker blew through it like nothing.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday solos.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: a full powered IG beam didn't phase stormbreaker but only went halfway through Thanos

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: a full powered IG beam didn't phase stormbreaker but only went halfway through Thanos

After it went through the beam. And IIRC it was confirmed that Thor didn't instantly kill Thanos because he wanted to watch him suffer.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@red_ruby_petal said:

After it went through the beam. And IIRC it was confirmed that Thor didn't instantly kill Thanos because he wanted to watch him suffer.

You're right, Thor did want to watch him suffer. That's the whole reason he put into his chest instead of his head.

The beams still don't seem to be as powerful/potent as the Stones otherwise are. The Power Stone can destroy the surface of a planet, but it's beam failed to destroy Iron Man's shield, yet Thanos' fist certainly did.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242:

I don't really know how highly to rate Iron Man or his shields. But it's possible he didn't use a full powered blast on him. Whereas with Thor he should see that axe coming and know that he is in a life and death situation. And the way the Screenwriters talked about it when asked made me think it was supposed to be a full powered blast.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@batman242:

I don't really know how highly to rate Iron Man or his shields. But it's possible he didn't use a full powered blast on him. Whereas with Thor he should see that axe coming and know that he is in a life and death situation. And the way the Screenwriters talked about it when asked made me think it was supposed to be a full powered blast.

The problem with this is, just after Thanos blasts Tony with the Power Stone, he looks pretty serious and is pummeling him on the floor and then proceeds to stab him. Iron Man was only alive after the onslaught of these attacks due to the durability of his armor. So I doubt Thanos was holding back with the Stone at that point. Gamora stated earlier that the Stone outputs as much energy proportional to the size of the target and this seems to make sense given what we've seen from all the Stones' blasts. Given this, who's to say that wasn't the full potential of the Power Stone for a blast instead of resting it on Tony's head or chest like Thanos did to Thor? Do we know what a 'fully powered IG beam' does exactly? Because I see anybody in Thor's tier surviving it.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ad-arts
@amcu said:

@ad-arts: A full powered beam from the IG should exceed a nuke and Stormbreaker blew through it like nothing.

So far i have seen nothing Thor can do/tank that begins to compare to an nuke footage, not to mention nuke to the face. For example many people believe bifrost bridge was comparable to a modern nuclear bomb... but it really was not.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Admittedly I had forgotten about the whole larger target more power it uses. And I can see how that makes it harder to debate for Stormbreaker defeating the actual full power of the gauntlet. But I think that is what they intended. And I personally interpreted Gamora's statement as more meaning that the gem outputs energy based on the power needed to accomplish a task rather than literal size. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense for the gem to be able to damage Thor. And Thanos was killing Thor casually without much difficulty at the beginning of the film.

At the very least it should be defeating a blast form the powergem containing more force than whats needed to badly hurt Thor(Who I currently rank above Doomsday durability wise). And the Mind gem which was able to help melt Vibranium in AOU. And just a little bit later in the same film Vibranium withstood an explosion that vaporized most of a small landmass.

And that's not including any of the other gems that where all helping.

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A planet level (thor) vs a city level ¿? (doomsday)

sorry thor win.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: And I personally interpreted Gamora's statement as more meaning that the gem outputs energy based on the power needed to accomplish a task rather than literal size.

This still leads us to question why it failed to break Tony's shield and Strombreaker. These are two instances it failed to accomplish a task and harms the credibility of such an idea.

Otherwise it doesn't really make sense for the gem to be able to damage Thor.

Well, This is why I'm referring to the beam and not the stone coming into contact with something. I try to differentiate, because they really do seem to be two different levels of operation. It touches a planet and it can potentially destroy it, but it's beams seem much weaker across the board. The best it's beam has done AFAIK is destroying a small collection of ships and causing a chain reaction of explosions.

At the very least it should be defeating a blast form the powergem containing more force than whats needed to badly hurt Thor

Do you think that beam that Thanos hit Iron Man with would hurt Thor?