Post-Crisis Superman vs Kalibak, Mongul Jr., and Grundy

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Pre-Flashpoint but assume post-Crisis power levels (pre-Crisis events that have been referenced post-Crisis are admissible in the case of Jack Kirby). In-continuity books only! For thread purposes Death of the New gods is not considered canon, even if it is.

Superman is in-character but obviously willing to defend himself to the best of his ability. There is no prep. Standard gear. No outside interference. Teamwork is normal but assume no outright in-fighting. Intel is prior knowledge. No BFR.

Superman gets jumped in Suicide Slum, Metropolis by Kalibak (armed with the beta club), Mongul Jr. (no rings), and Solomon Grundy. For thread purposes they boom tube behind him and he barely has time to notice the boom.

Is this enough fodder to take majority over the Man of Tomorrow or does business go on as usual? Please justify your answer, even if you just give your opinion as to why.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Idk about kalibak, but Grundy is getting crushed for sure,idk about mongul

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Depends which Grundy we are using here. Kalibak isn't doing anything and Mongul Jr doesn't really have the punching power to KO Clark.

thEonE34gG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might go with Clark here

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This kind of falls on Grundy and what version of him shows up for this battle.

Some versions of him are low mid tier level while others can fight Superman as a near equal.

His teammates are kind of unremarkable if I'm being honest.

Avatar image for intentdebatthor
IntentDebatThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Kalibak has given trouble to Superman, Orion and Thor when he wasn't jobbing before, so I'd say together with Mongul and Grundy he should be capable of winning comfortably (especially if Jr. is allowed Rebirth feats. Or was that a different Mongul already?).

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Rebirth here -it’s pre-Flashpoint.

Would it be better if I allowed Death of the New gods to be admissible here?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TifaLockhart

@superprimetime: he EDIT: Kalibak lost to Thor in JLAvengers, but I get it, crossovers aren’t allowed on this forum.

Do you feel this is an easy win for Superman and if so, what could be done to even the odds?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TifaLockhart

@superprimetime: my bad, by “he” I meant Kalibak, not Superman.

Vague pronoun reference

Luzifer_Ztari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: admittedly I’ve never seen Superman fight Grundy post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint.

I know he has instances of losing to Batman but everyone loses to Batman in print.

Avatar image for intentdebatthor
IntentDebatThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: @intentdebatthor: Just the heads up Kalibak never fought Thor Intentdebatthor. As for Tifalockhart my opinion Superman beats all three, it wouldn’t be the first he had to fight several bricks at the same time and come out on top. Just like in the Superman/Batman: Public enemies storyline where he and Batman took on Solomon Grundy, Captain Atom, Major Force, Shazam and more at the sametime who is above the team mentioned, keep in mind there are multiple storyline’s where he did that in post crisis.

He did... in Ultimate Access #2:

Thor even compared him to Hulk, and they seemed to have fought for a while off-panel before Justice League Arrived. And it seems he wasn't even KOd by the combined attack of Thor and MMH, or at least wasn't downed for long, because two pages later we see him retreat with the rest of Darkseid's forces:

And yeah, the fact that Access was the central figure of that crossover makes it automatically canon for both companies.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Superman.