Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Poison Ivy

No Caption Provided

vs.

Dark Beast

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------------

Dark Beast (Henry McCoy) and Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley) are both stripped and deposited on an alternate universe planet. This planet contains the remnants of an ancient, advanced civilization, and its fair share of overgrown, volatile plant life, none of which is familiar to a normal, earth-born human.

Dark Beast and Poison Ivy have two weeks to acclimate to their environment. This includes studying and bonding with the local plant life, or assembling gadgets and weapons from mysterious alien tech. They'll have to put all of their smarts and savvy to the test just to survive -- however, after those two weeks are up, they will have no choice but to use their newfound familiarity with this strange place against each other.

Failure to do so means being instantly annihilated by Darkseid.

--------

- In character

- Two weeks prep (obviously)

- Success means transportation back to their homeworld (or, in Dark Beast's case, 616 Marvel). Failure means death.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

You are a little vague on the technology at hand. Advanced could mean they advanced beyond weapons. I don't know Dark Beast very well, so maybe he could fashion a weapon from non-lethal components (by weapon, I mean something more advanced then a pointy stick.) But given my knowledge of the two, and the data you provided, have to give this one to Ivy.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joygirl

@wildvine: Dark Beast is an alt version of the normal Beast. He comes from Age of Apocalypse, which is post-disaster, meaning he is more than comfortable making works of genius out of broken pieces of crap.

The tech in this world is advanced alien stuff (think kryptonian/martian), so it is very powerful, but DB will have to spend a good while figuring out how it works and how to reassemble it into something he can actually use. Likewise, the plant-life here is very exotic and may not behave the way Ivy's used to.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@joygirl

Well? Does the plant-life react the same to Ivy as earth plants or not?

And again, "advanced" does not entail dangerous....

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Well, it is an entire dead civilization. So yes, there is some weaponry. But again, it is mostly broken or worn down.

It is still vegetable so yes, but it's attitude is a bit different. ^_^ She is alien to it, and will need to get in its good graces.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl: Do the two know what that they are going up against eachother, as well as eachother's powers and abilities?

If they don't probably Ivy- I feel her total control of plant life would defeat Dark Beasts generic prep which probably won't be geared to exploiting Ivy's weaknesses

If they do, then Dark Beast. This is independent of the fact that he is a complete tool who should have all of his bones broken by I dunno, yeah- American Eagle

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: They don't know who the other is, nope. They just know that in two weeks they have to fight for their survival against "a foe worthy of them".

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laflux

@joygirl: Good. Dark Beast gets a$$ capped then.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: What has he been douchey in? I read about him a bit in UX-F and he was an evil bastard, but kind of a magnificent bastard too, I enjoyed reading about him.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dark Beast would probably just create some kind of hyper napalm and destroy everything.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@park: He doesn't know who he's going up against.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: He's a sadistic scientist who enjoys killing and torturing life, if he gets dropped on a planet made up of technology and flora in character he would create something to experiment on how to best harm, kill and genetically torture the flora.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@laflux: What has he been douchey in? I read about him a bit in UX-F and he was an evil bastard, but kind of a magnificent bastard too, I enjoyed reading about him.

@park said:

@joygirl: He's a sadistic scientist who enjoys killing and torturing life

I could accept him being this way if he was say smarter than Beast, but Beast has the better feats IMO. Furthermore, I think he is a bit of an anomaly currently.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: When Osborn found him in Dark X-men he had created a torture dungeon/science lab out of a box car. With strong technological resources he created the Omega Machine which could strip mutants of their powers/cause immense pain, he created holographic illusions and dampeners which could fool Emma Frost. He may not be smarter than Beast but he's on the same playing field.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Beast displayed a pretty potent healing factor in his fight against Iron Man, and I think he went so far as to tank gunshots and an RPG with little effect to his person. He's no joke.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@park said:

@laflux: When Osborn found him in Dark X-men he had created a torture dungeon/science lab out of a box car. With strong technological resources he created the Omega Machine which could strip mutants of their powers/cause immense pain, he created holographic illusions and dampeners which could fool Emma Frost. He may not be smarter than Beast but he's on the same playing field.

Dark Beast is one freaky guy. And also, Beast went to him in his search to regenerate mutantcy so while his is arguably not as clever as Beast, he has the ruthlessness and disregard for life that could help him here.

In this instance, I would say Poison Ivy. If Dark Beast knew of her beforehand, he would go about destroying all plantlife so he could have a chance but in this environment, it favours Poison Ivy more.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers