Plutonian vs Sentry

#1 Edited by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Plutonian VS Sentry

Round 1. Sentry is standard version, stable-minded.

Round 2. Sentry is death-seed.

-Win by any means.

#2 Posted by AbelHsu (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Sentry stomps

2.Sentry blinkstomps

Sentry is way above Plutonian IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#3 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry oneshots

#4 Posted by Sy8000 (35915 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe this is the first time you've made a thread with a comic character not from Marvel, or DC/Vertigo.

Sentry should lose round 1 based on how he was generally written. Deathseed Sentry wins round 2, Tony isn't beating someone who two-shotted Thor.

#5 Posted by green_skaar (12667 posts) - - Show Bio

@abelhsu said:

1.Sentry stomps

2.Sentry blinkstomps

Sentry is way above Plutonian IMO.

#6 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

Plutonian round 1

Sentry round 2

#7 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

Sentry.

#8 Posted by Gamingod (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Plutonian destroys sentry

loses to death seed

#9 Posted by KingZod (4170 posts) - - Show Bio

Plutonian R1

Sentry R2

#10 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Sentry tp's him both rounds.

#11 Posted by BurningMartian (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Sentry doesn't have TP in the offensive sense though. I agree he stomps.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#12 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@burningmartian: he has beaten the adaptoid with tp iirc, and mind wiped quite a few telepaths impressive in their own right. Plutonian has no answer to it anyway.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
#14 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Plutonian stand against matter manipulation (I don't know much about him)?

#15 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

Plutonian R1

Sentry R2

#17 Posted by BurningMartian (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: He beat the Adaptoid because the Adaptoid had already absorbed a fragment of the Void. Wasn't the mind wipe accomplished by a machine?

Sentry should beat him at his molecular manipulation game fairly easily, though.

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@burningmartian: looked like tp to me, but alright.

He needed the machine to erase all the physical traces of his existence, he performs the mindwipe by himself the next time. Iirc, that still left things like comics which knew about him, which the machine would have erased if it was there.

#21 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order:

He should be able to deal with it considering how his powers work, though I can't recall anything even near sentry level from him or his enemies.

Stats, however, are monstrous. Casually withstood the pull of a cosmic prison black hole, which put him under the weight of a star system, took a beatdown from modeus where each of the latter's punches took out the energy of a star...

Speedwise, he should be ftl, but there isn't enough showing it off imo. There is one feat where he effortlessly outraces a near light speed/lightspeed signal to a satellite and disables it before it is broadcast, and another where he catches modeus on the other side of the world by following a message from his bot which was a picosecond long - the language could be clearer I'd say, but people argue that it sufficiently explains the sequence taking place in that picosecond.

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order: Exceeding Superman's physicals in just about everything IIRC.

The degree he exceeds them in is important as I feel Stable Sentry/Death Seed Sentry also does by a wide margin.

He should be able to deal with it considering how his powers work, though I can't recall anything even near sentry level from him or his enemies.

Someone like Loki was destroyed on a molecular level by Void who is supposed to be weaker than Sentry. Loki was a pretty powerful molecular manipulator himself and I believe he had resistance feats, so for that to happen, it's quite impressive.

Stats, however, are monstrous. Casually withstood the pull of a cosmic prison black hole, which put him under the weight of a star system, took a beatdown from modeus where each of the latter's punches took out the energy of a star...

Now, that is strength I wasn't expecting. Sentry's best feats are stomping Thor and holding half the weight of Exitar's foot, while Rogue empowered by most of the Marvel earth's heroes/villains lifted the other. I'm not sure which people will say is better.

Speedwise, he should be ftl, but there isn't enough showing it off imo. There is one feat where he effortlessly outraces a near light speed/lightspeed signal to a satellite and disables it before it is broadcast, and another where he catches modeus on the other side of the world by following a message from his bot which was a picosecond long - the language could be clearer I'd say, but people argue that it sufficiently explains the sequence taking place in that picosecond.

From this, I would say Sentry is faster travel speed wise, but if Plutonian is operating in a picosecond, that's pretty insane. That's Flash level speeds, so I don't think Sentry is keeping up with him in that regard.

#23 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order: He is always ready to kill and morals off, and if I could give a rough estimate is about 1.5 times Superman in physicals.

#24 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order: He is always ready to kill and morals off, and if I could give a rough estimate is about 1.5 times Superman in physicals.

Death Seed Sentry doesn't seem like he would have a problem with it either. Also, I feel Death Seed Sentry is more than times more stronger than Kal.

#25 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order: I agree with you, that's why I said DSS beats him, but I still think regular Sentry would lose to Plutonian.

#26 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order: I agree with you, that's why I said DSS beats him, but I still think regular Sentry would lose to Plutonian.

I can agree with that. Based off on-panel evidence, Plutonian should be above regular Sentry, though based off implied power, Sentry should be above.

#27 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio