Mario starts on Bridge

500 foot starting distance

Battle Music

#2 Posted by Amendment50 (15587 posts) - - Show Bio

oh cool! Tag please.

#3 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by DeathHero61 (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

This is severely one-sided IMHO

But opinions aside, T4V, lets see how this goes....

#5 Posted by ValorKnight (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#6 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar: Do you want to start? I'm not sure what to expect from Mario.

#8 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Yeah, but probably tomorrow. Also include me and deathero in pm. I want to know which side he's coming from here.

#9 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18619 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#10 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar: Okay, cool. I'm not in a PM with DH61.

#12 Posted by Unlimited1 (1073 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28773 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#14 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#15 Edited by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a Me, Mario!

No Caption Provided

Mario's been playing this game now for over 30 years, he's fought from earth, to space, to different dimensions, and so on and so forth. His job, clearing out the pipes of the mushroom kingdom by killing the midget sized monsters that inhabit it, later he would be known for doing this by jumping.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, this job can get pretty crazy, and after years of working the pipes, Mario seems to have developed a super-human strength and toughness.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

In Mario World, Mario is known for crushing large castles with his feet and hammers, and is even seen picking one of these castles up and kicking it away, as well as surviving a castle busting explosion to the face at ground zero. Just to prove these castles are bigger than they seem(and essentially aren't drawn to scale) here's the first castle during Mario's first run through of it.

Loading Video...

Mario's been known to use this great strength to defeat some of his greatest foes, some the likes of King Bomb Bomb, wiggler's and of course King Koopa himself.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Having the strength to stop the wiggler in his tracks as Mario consistently and precisely stomps him multiple times, tosses Bowser someone way more massive than himself than dozens of feet precisely into a bomb.

All of this stuff is a given however, Mario being known for his strength and skill in close combat. The problem here isn't how easily he could toss Korra around if it came to close quarters. The problem here is going to be getting in to close quarters to start at all.

The Range Game

No Caption Provided

Mario may not be known for having the most powerful array of ranged weaponry (at least not in this incarnation), but boy is he known for going through hundreds of obstacles to save his princess. His speed would allow him to cross the distance in under a minute, as he runs at a solid 22 mph.

100 m Dash in Approx. 10 seconds
100 m Dash in Approx. 10 seconds

His agility makes him a skilled opponent, and he's been hopping around in attempts to save his princess since the beginning of things.

No Caption Provided

His legs allowing for jumps consistently several to dozens of feets in range, and his reactions allow him to dodge things like fireballs and react accordingly to Bowser's own jumping and hammer tossing, but before we delve into Mario's crazy feats of acrobatics, let's show off the powers he has in both playing the range and helping to avoid Korra's ranged game

Ice Mario

Loading Video...

With his ice abilities Mario has shown to freeze enemies solid within a block of ice, as well as slide on ice and water, meanwhile in other games it's shown to be so cold it freezes over magma and allows him the ability to skate on water and magma alike.

No Caption Provided

His powers are gonna allow him full access to the entire terrain with where he can run and operate. Meanwhile his fire powers and sports equipment is going to allow him to attack from a range. Maybe not as efficiently, but enough to help him distract Korra enough to cross the distance.

Athletic Fire Mario

No Caption Provided

Mario's fire abilities have a decent set of range. Allowing him to throw fireballs forward as well as bounce them. These fireballs by themselves have a bit of power, allowing them to melt snowmen, survive in water, and allowing for a small explosive aoe powerful enough to destroy crates multiple times as large as Mario

No Caption Provided

However, when using his fire powers with his sports gear, his ranged attacks seem to be even more heavy hitting.

No Caption Provided

Here Mario jumps at least a dozen feet in the air and strikes a dodgeball infused with his fire attribute that then causes an explosion. I don't think Mario can outrange Korra by any means, but I do think he can use his fire attacks and sports equipment to maneuver Korra as he needs as well as keep her on the defensive as he attempts closing the gap.

Conclusion

No Caption Provided

So right now this is how things stand:

• Mario is a physical beast compared to Korra, if it gets to close range he would pummel her.
  • To get close range, Mario will rely on his speed, agility, and ice powers to cross the distance
  • To aid him in this are long ranged attacks he can use to keep Korra on the defensive as he aims to Dive in.

And that's that, my opener at least, your turn @major_hellstorm

#16 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar: Great. Mine will be up later today, I will change my post to match your style.

#17 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: lol you don't have to if you don't want, unique styles in a debate are always cool. Even different points of argument a.... Though I'm sure by this point you may have already started

#18 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Let's get straight to business, this opener won't be very long as my knowledge on Mario's feats are limited so here is a short introduction to the legendary Avatar, Korra.

Bio:

Korra was born in the Southern Water Tribe as the daughter of the tribe chief, and at a young age she learned that she was the next Avatar following Aang. So since she was young she was trained by the White Lotus to master the elements and by the time she was a teen, she had already mastered 3 of the elements. Now only lacking one more element, she decided to move in with Tenzin so that he could teach her air bending, which he does. Fast forwarding a year or so and Korra becomes a worthy successor to Aang, defending the nations from various threats.

Bending:

This section will just give you an idea of what Korra can do, most feats will come later when needed.

Water:

Korra's best and most versatile element. Here is an example:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, she can form water sprouts and turn it into a powerful wave.

She is also a capable ice bender, she has frequently shown the ability to bend and insta freeze massive amounts of ice. Below are two examples:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Fire:

Her most destructive element and her second most used one. Normally she uses this to keep her opponent on their toes to open them up for attack but here she is morals off so she will use her most powerful attacks, this one being one of, if not her best, firebending showing:

No Caption Provided

Earth:

The element of defense which Korra also uses to manipulate the battlefield. As shown below:

Korra is also the first metalbending avatar (apparently Aang didn't learn metalbending for some reason), and she is quite good at it, being able to counter Kuvira's attacks (Kuvira being one of the most skilled metalbender in the verse):

No Caption Provided

Air:

This may be the last element Korra mastered but she is still very powerful with it, to the point where she was powerful enough to affect a building sized mech with some help:

No Caption Provided

How Korra Wins:

As you said in your post, if Mario closes the gap and manage to land a clean hit or two then Korra is pretty much finished. However, that won't be happening, and I will explain why.

Keeping Mario Away:

The most important thing for Korra to do is to make sure Mario can't get close which is simple for Korra thanks to her water sprouts, which can grow massive in size.

No Caption Provided

Note how quickly she makes the sprout too.

Making her near impossible to reach. Before you say that Mario closes the gap before Korra gets into the water, you should know that in terms of agility I think Korra has Mario beat, because with airbending Korra can gracefully scale large trees.

No Caption Provided

So Korra could get to the water in seconds (she doe start in the bay so it would only take a leap or two). With that in mind, the only way I think Mario can close the gap is maybe a leap of faith (although his jumping height is yet to be shown) so I will say right now, that it won't work because Korra's water sprout also lends itself to being a good defense. As you can see below Korra can make huge water whips appear from her sprouts, which she can use to swat Mario away if he attempts to run/jump in close.

No Caption Provided

And if Mario somehow bypasses the whips she can just knock him back down with air.

There is also the fact that Mario will be eating damage constantly, which is what I will be getting at next.

Putting Mario Down:

Now that Korra is safely on top of her massive water sprout she can safely attack Mario from a distance. As you have shown Mario is quite tanky but Korra can deal with that. She has massive blunt force attacks:

Explosive attacks (as shown before):

No Caption Provided

Also here is her using firebending on top of a sprout

No Caption Provided

And Cutting attacks (which she will not hesitate to use here as she is morals off):

All three types will be spammed to put Mario down for the count. You can see an example of her speed and power in action in her fight with Zaheer (where she was poisoned and in the AS) and Kuvira (fight ends at the 4 minute mark or so).

Quick Note On Mario's Fireballs:

It won't do anything. Korra can just bend them away like what she did against master firebenders.

And her quickness will make it so that she can bend any and all fireballs away. Below is her dodging and puncing shards of ice in slow mo (though she eventually gets overwhelmed those ice are most probably moving faster than your fire and are greater in numbers)

No Caption Provided

Conclusion:

All in all, I believe Korra has what it takes to overcome Mario's superior strength with her overwhelming ferocity and firepower. While Mario will struggle to land a hit, Korra will constantly be tagging Mario using her AoE and superior skill (and Mario seems like a pretty predictable fighter).

#19 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar: Yeah, I just finished. Lol. But my post isn't exactly the same style as yours, I just made it closer than it was before.

#20 Edited by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28773 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: I think that representing avatars is harder than representing any bender due to the sheer quantity of options, but your opener was exceptional.

#23 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by DarthFallax (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
#25 Posted by deactivated-5a694c5def8ac (959 posts) - - Show Bio

t4v

#26 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18039 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28773 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18619 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was quick.

#30 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar said:

@major_hellstorm: No, you win.

?

I'm just lazy man... CaVing's dope, i just don't know or want to learn how to do it in an efficient manner. I think i'll just enjoy the other parts of the battle forums, maybe get into a small debate... but no more CaV's, just not for me anymore.

#31 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28773 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar said:
@anthp2000 said:
@cor_tsar said:

@major_hellstorm: No, you win.

?

I'm just lazy man... CaVing's dope, i just don't know or want to learn how to do it in an efficient manner. I think i'll just enjoy the other parts of the battle forums, maybe get into a small debate... but no more CaV's, just not for me anymore.

lol alright. Shame tho, I was enjoying this.