#1 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided
#3 Posted by RedHeathen (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

Ulic. Just because.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
#4 Posted by In-sidiousvader (2411 posts) - - Show Bio

KOON Stomps, Ulic is good, but Koon is a master swordsman and powerhouse with the force

#5 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

Ulic damn near stomps.

#6 Edited by Erkan12 (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

Ulic is 3900 years late to compete with PT era masters. Plo wins.

#7 Posted by SithRevenant (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: Yeah, no, Ulic effectively stomps.

#8 Posted by Erkan12 (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithrevenant: You think the Jedi didn't grow more powerful and they didn't learn anything after 3900 years? Ok.

#9 Edited by xolthol (930 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't have any feat for koon which can put him above ulic except a pretty unclear and overated scaling.

#10 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Koon. Just because.

#11 Posted by KeenCraft (741 posts) - - Show Bio

Koon changes his name to Exar Koon and makes Ulic his lowly padawan

#12 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@in-sidiousvader: I wouldn't call it a stomp just yet. Ulic Qel-Droma was one of the best lightsaber duelists in his day, even after he had been stripped of the Force. He did appear to be evenly matched with Exar Kun when they fought.

Let's not forget that both Ulic and Plo Koon are practitioners of Form V as well as very adept at unarmed combat. Look at how Ulic beat Mandalore the Indomitable in spite of difficult odds. Then there's Plo Koon's manhandling the escapees in the M'Bardi Prison riot.

#13 Edited by Discipulus (508 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was grading Ulic on a scale of prequels-era Jedi, I'd put him between Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan, although much closer to Obi-Wan than Shaak. I therefore think he has Plo outmatched here, but it would be a good fight. Plo may come closer than I initially imagined if he uses the Force offensively quite a lot.

#14 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still wondering how Koon can do anything here. Beating up random thugs, knowing Form V and having decent accolades isn't quite on par with being the second top dog of the TotJ era and stalemating Exar Kun.

#15 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Plo Koon also stood toe-to-toe with Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress, both of whom had been trained by Darth Tyranus.

#16 Posted by TheVivas (19246 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthwill3: He lost to both of them, and both times they were pre-prime. As for them being trained by Darth Tyranus... that's a bit irrelevant. Ulic actually going toe-to-toe with someone like Kun is a much, much better feat.

#18 Posted by Richard96 (5634 posts) - - Show Bio

Ulic.

#19 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2385 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Plo Koon had some difficulty with Asajj Ventress, mostly due to once broken arm, but he adapted to the situation accordingly. As for Savage, that was partly due to distraction. (What good Jedi wouldn't warn his troops of incoming danger?)

Qui-Gon once said that Plo Koon was an "expert swordsman and a hard taskmaster." Darth Maul likewise believed the Kel Dor to be a true test of his skill. So, as you see, Plo Koon had respect from both Jedi and Sith alike as a fighter.

#21 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthwill3: Plo Koon had some difficulty with Asajj Ventress, mostly due to once broken arm, but he adapted to the situation accordingly. As for Savage, that was partly due to distraction. (What good Jedi wouldn't warn his troops of incoming danger?)

He still lost both times. Also not sure how you can claim Plo was the one who was distracted, when Savage Opress was literally being shot at. I'd argue being shot at by hypersonic blaster bolts is more of a distraction than saying two words.

Qui-Gon once said that Plo Koon was an "expert swordsman and a hard taskmaster." Darth Maul likewise believed the Kel Dor to be a true test of his skill. So, as you see, Plo Koon had respect from both Jedi and Sith alike as a fighter.

That's nice. Still doesn't even come close to comparing to the myriad of accolades and feats Ulic has under his belt that mark him as a true high tier.

#22 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Plo Koon was warning the trooper of the redirected blaster bolt coming in his direction. Too late.

Anyway, when it comes to strategy, Plo Koon may be the one who'll come out on top. Brain over brawn.

#23 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthwill3: Plo Koon was warning the trooper of the redirected blaster bolt coming in his direction. Too late.

And Savage himself was being shot at. He was more distracted than Plo.

Anyway, when it comes to strategy, Plo Koon may be the one who'll come out on top. Brain over brawn.

How? Battlefield strategy aside(even then, all Plo has is accolades and no solid feats), his 1-on-1s never show him being particularly tactical. Brawn succeeded against him when he fought Asajj and Savage. I mean, there's gotta be something you can add to the discussion other than non-sequiturs.

#24 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Remember when he telekenetically slipped the detonator out of Ventress grasp? Talk about covert. Saved a lot of Republic soldier lives that day.

#25 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthwill3: There's nothing to slip here, I'm afraid. Ulic cuts his head off.

#26 Posted by DarthWill3 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Maybe, maybe not.

And I know you may not agree with this, but Anakin did once hear that Plo Koon was one of the few Jedi to beat Yoda in a duel. Speaks volumes of his skill.

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (26191 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as illuminating as that discussion was, I'm going to have to side with Ulic.

#28 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthwill3: Of course I don't agree with it. Especially when Yoda stomped Plo, Depa and Saesee without so much as moving without even using a lightsaber.

#29 Posted by SithRevenant (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: There was knowledge lost and gained over those millennia. The destruction of the Great Library on Ossus; the sacking of Coruscant; the destruction of the Dantooine Enclave. By the dark wars, all Jedi knowledge was at risk of being destroyed forever. The sacking of Coruscant only destroyed what'd been recovered in the three centuries after the destruction of Malachor V. The argument of era superiority is bogus.

Ulic is vastly beyond Koon in everything, he stomps.