Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esquire

Round 1

No Caption Provided

On the planet Krypton 20 hours before it was destroyed.

Your teams have 2 hours prep

Full Knowledge of the opposing team and of the terrain.

In the planet's core there is a vast power source that will elevate you to the next level (transport you to the place in time, space and dimension that the next battle will take place). It also grants you a boon for that battle (to be discovered in round 2).

Even with the powers of your team it will take 4 hours to access the power source and you have to start activating it two hours before Krypton's destruction ( it takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to build up power). Failure to do so will result in the destruction of one of your team members ( one team members down for second round).

You will have to provide not just a battle strategy and evidence for how you can defeat your enemy but a realistic time frame to do so that is less than 14 hours.

When voting commences ( agreed on by players or in 4 days if not done by then) those voting will have to vote on:

a) who won based on the debate and only the debate. If you think a team should have won but the argument didn't get to prove that vote for the team how proved their case.

b) whether you think the time frame laid out was believable. To keep it fair those who would face the winner of a battle in the next round will not vote on time frames.

Rules

Temporary BFR is allowed but will not make a win. To win you have to actually deal with each and every character

Win is by Death, KO, Incapacitation or Immobilization ( this is not achieved by a BFR)

Any feats used that would be considered above Odin (Marvel level) are null and void ( this is for anyone who may have slipped a character through I was unsure of)

All characters are in character and will interact as such. If there would normally be animosity or friction between them it will exist here. If characters are all used to ruling the roost they will fight for control and players will have to address.

Team who finishes their debate first and calls for voting will get first pick of the four boons on offer for round 2, second will get second etc. This is to encourage everyone to participate at their best :)

Team

Team

*Mimic cannot copy the powers of the Opposing Team.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dredeuced

Esquire's got so many arguments he needs 3 threads to contain them!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist

lol.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esquire

Curse you, Comicvine thread-posting errors.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

@Esquire: Im looking at the pairing and believe your in a uphill battle.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Esquire

@CadenceV2: So it seems. But you might be surprised, I have a trick or two up my sleeve.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist

@Esquire: I figured you would.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DireDrill

You are lucky that he didn't draw you in round 1, as your team would be woefully inadequate.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dredeuced

Esquire's teams are quite frequently about broken power interaction combos moreso than just listing a lot of absurd powers. Give him a little time to work his magic (or anti magic, as his team were).

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

Good battle. Best of luck to both of you !

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Backflip

@CadenceV2 said:

@Esquire: I figured you would.

Of course he does, it's just my luck :P

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Backflip

Wow this is taking a lot of research. But I've got a good plan. Hopefully get it up in the next few hours I believe :P

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist

@DireDrill: Indeed.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Esquire

I'll try to get an opener up tonight. Best of luck!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Backflip

@Esquire: I've got college, so, my reply will probably come this evening, around 7ish? (GMT :P)

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Backflip

Righteo.

Prep

Prep is difficult to conjure, even though I have an impressive prepping team, I don't have anything concrete that I'm seeking to achieve initially. However, Cyborg Superman has proven in the past that he is arguably the best hacker on the planet. This is going to benefit me, because that's exactly what he spends his first two hours doing. Hacking all the worlds computers, to go beyond the initial info that is provided, and in fact, accessing all of Mr Terrific data, he'd gain schematics for the T-Spheres, alongside almost any technology that he can conspire to make. Cyborg Superman assimilates technology almost instantly, and has accessed all the world's computers simultaneously so this will be relatively easy to active. This instantly gives me an advantage over Esquire's prep master. I won't deny that Mr. Majestic is a prepping mastermind in his own right, but having this obvious advantage against Mr. Terrific benefits me greatly.

These scans prove his hacking ability.

Meanwhile, Superboy Prime will sundip. Sure it's only two hours, but anything is better than nothing. Surfer, Morg and Cyclops will attempt to create some sort of plan concerning the opposing team, making use of whatever knowledge at their disposal, and their previous experience concerning their opponents (This only really counts for Cyclops and Mimic).

Furthermore, concerning Teamwork. Whilst Cyclops is the best leader, all but Surfer like to strike out on their own, so no direct leadership will be put in place. However, Superboy Prime and Cyborg Superman have worked together previously, whilst Morg is of a similar disposition, so it is likely he'll agree and meld well with the other two. Again, Morg and Surfer have teamed up in the past and know how to work together. Whilst Cyclops hasn't directly worked with any of them, he's a fantastic tactician, and the telepathy of the Phoenix will allow him a keen insight into his teammates minds. Furthermore, Superboy Prime, Morg, Cyborg Superman and Cyclops are all ruthless. Aka. My team has excellent team work.

Significant End results

Sundipped Superboy Prime

Cyborg Superman has adapted and analysed all of Mr. Terrific's tech.

Strategy has been planned.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Esquire

Prep

No Caption Provided

My assumption regarding prep is that we both have access to our characters' full resources, although only what we can actually get in two hours since we're on Krypton. Luckily, I have Mister Terrific on my team. His T-Spheres are ridiculously versatile, and among their many functions is the ability to open dimensional portals. This will allow my team to access anything they want in seconds.

Majestic will use the portal to retrieve his Stealth Suit, his Creation Blades, his Quantum Folded Blade, and three blades from his armory.

My team has a couple of master preppers among its ranks. Mister Terrific is DC's third smartest man, and he was the leader of the JSA for several years. Mister Majestic is a warlord with thousands of years of combat experience, and he has a genius intellect of his own, augmented by his superspeed to make him a nearly unparalleled engineer.

The first part of my prep is going to focus around T-Spheres. Terrific has thousands of them available, so I can do just about whatever I want with them. They have several advantageous functions in this particular scenario, which Terrific will take advantage of by assigning half a dozen T-Spheres to each team member. Each sphere can turn into a T-Mask, one of which will be applied to each of my characters. They are capable of blocking mind control, providing vision across the entire EM spectrum, flying the user around, creating defensive forcefields, and rendering the wearer invisible to technology.

While Terrific is syncing up T-Spheres with everyone, Majestic will be modifying some of them to produce Red Sun radiation. They already have various forms of energy projection, including forcefields and lasers, so the basic tech is already there. Majestic is incredibly brilliant, so I don't see him having any issues doing this. The famous example of his superspeed engineering:

No Caption Provided

There are plenty of additional examples of his genius, and if he has any problems then Terrific has plenty of time to help him. So by the end of a few minutes of prep, each of my characters will be equipped with a T-Mask and 5 Red-Sun modified T-Spheres.

After that, Terrific will use the dimensional rift technology in his base to look into the future in an attempt to view the probable ways the battle will occur. Majestic will accompany him because that's the sort of thing Majestic does.

No Caption Provided

At the start of the prep period, Mimic will have absorbed the powers of everyone on my team. While Terrific and Majestic are doing there thing, he'll be practicing with his new power combinations. Coldrake and Damper will practice with their T-Spheres. Once Majestros and Terrific return from their look at the future, they'll make up a battle plan. Both are excellent strategists, so things should go well. Once they've come up with a suitable battle plan, Majestros will give Mimic a Creation Blade and give Terrific, Damper, and Coldrake each a Kheran Blade, then he'll give them all a lesson in swordfighting for the last hour or so.

Chemistry

I don't foresee any issues with my team's chemistry. Mister Terrific is a leader, but he's also willing to follow, as shown in events such as Identity Crisis where he was part of the team Batman took to defeat Brother Eye. Lord Coldrake is used to taking orders, as the Shadowpact have kept him confined to the Dark Tower for quite some time. He's never exhibited any sign of not being able to work with others, so he should be fine with letting someone else take the lead. Damper is a leader of his Posse, but as with Mister Terrific, he's not adverse to following someone else. He's been willing to follow directions from both Blue Beetle and Peacemaker, so he shouldn't have any attitude problems here. Mimic is my only wildcard, what with his mood swings and the like. But above all, Mimic wants to be a team player and wants to have friends. Interestingly enough, this sort of superpowered outcast is exactly the sort of character that Damper has lots of experience with. Damper's experience as a leader and mentor will be invaluable in making Mimic feel welcomed and comfortable, negating any possible negative outcomes from Mimic's depressive tendencies. Majestic, as an extremely impressive and charismatic figure, will naturally draw Mimic's respect and attention, which will make him very open to taking orders from Majestros. Majestic will also use my prep to retrieve a personality modifier, which will be used to stabilize Mimic. Majestros, of course, is a natural leader. A Kherubim warlord with thousands of years of experience, he's naturally going to assume the role of field commander. Thanks to the personalities and moral alignment of my team, I don't see anyone taking much issue with that.

Your team, on the other hand, is something of a mess. You have Morg and Silver Surfer on the same team. With the exception of Terrax, Morg has fought Surfer more than he's fought any other character. When Morg became a herald, Surfer assembled a task force for the sole purpose of taking him down. The two have consistently been at each others' throats, and I don't see any reason for them to reconcile their differences here. When it comes to the rest of your team, things don't get much better. Cyclops' personality is changed somewhat by the Phoenix possessing him, but he's still fundamentally a hero, and he spent AvX working towards a peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants, even if his methods weren't as pure as past attempts. Meanwhile, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and to a lesser extent Morg have zero qualms about killing innocents and basically being all around villainous thugs. Cyclops won't get along well with any of them. Silver Surfer is also an extremely noble soul, who has essentially dedicated his existence to the preservation of life in the universe. He won't at all take kindly to Henshaw or Prime's personalities and lack of morals, and they won't be impressed by him, either. Superboy Prime is pretty much the antithesis of a team player, since his only focus is himself. He shows little inclination to follow orders, and is prone to blind rages. In short, your team will be hard-pressed not to attack each other, much less form a cohesive and strategic unit.

Battle

Just before the battle starts, Damper, Coldrake, and Terrific will gather into a group (called Team 1 for future reference). Damper will turn on his field. Mimic will turn on his own dampening field, and Majestic will activate his stealth suit. He'll also stay close enough to Mimic to take advantage of the dampening field. Team 1 will use their T-Spheres to elevate 100 yards or so into the air, where Terrific will fill the field with the hundred or so T-Spheres it can contain.

When the battle begins, Mimic and Majestic will take the proactive approach and use their physical attributes to blitz at near-light speed. They are invisible to conventional senses, thanks to the Dampening field. The only ways it has been penetrated are by Blue Beetle's Scarab tech and a very powerful magic user. Unfortunately for your team, Mister Terrific's prep has rendered my team invisible to technology, and you don't possess any magicians. So Majestic and Mimic are totally undetectable, and both are armed with a Creation Blade. These have been stated to cut through anything, and they've been able to cut through even Majestic himself without issue. Majestic has no qualms about killing his enemies, so he'll simply slice each of your team to bits, starting with the Heralds and moving on to Cyclops, then Cyborg Supes, then SBP. Mimic is around to clean up the mess, but that shouldn't even be necessary. On the off-chance that we run into any complications, Majestic's skill and stats, along with the versatility provided by the T-Spheres, should render any resistance moot. Team 1 is still hanging out in their undetectable field, too, if things go desperately awry.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Esquire

@Backflip A couple points of clarification on your prep:

Hacking all the worlds computers, to go beyond the initial info that is provided, and in fact, accessing all of Mr Terrific data, he'd gain schematics for the T-Spheres, alongside almost any technology that he can conspire to make. Cyborg Superman assimilates technology almost instantly, and has accessed all the world's computers simultaneously so this will be relatively easy to active.

The fight takes place on Krypton, where there is no knowledge of Mister Terrific. He can interface with all the computers he wants, but there will be no mention of T-Spheres.

Meanwhile, Superboy Prime will sundip. Sure it's only two hours, but anything is better than nothing.

You do realize that the fight takes place on Krypton, yes? You can have SBP sundip if you'd like, but Rao is a red sun. As per Beatboks1's ruling it won't depower him, but it certainly won't be amping him any.

Surfer, Morg and Cyclops will attempt to create some sort of plan concerning the opposing team, making use of whatever knowledge at their disposal, and their previous experience concerning their opponents (This only really counts for Cyclops and Mimic).

As it states in the OP, teams have full knowledge of their opponents.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Backflip

@Esquire:

The fight takes place on Krypton, where there is no knowledge of Mister Terrific. He can interface with all the computers he wants, but there will be no mention of T-Spheres.
You do realize that the fight takes place on Krypton, yes? You can have SBP sundip if you'd like, but Rao is a red sun. As per Beatboks1's ruling it won't depower him, but it certainly won't be amping him any.

I see no reason why my guys can't prep from their typical location, as yours have. You have Mr. Majestic returning to his Armory, Mr. Terrific returning to his lab. What is wrong with Cyborg Superman accessing Earth's computers, from Earth? As I imagine, Our guys can go wherever is reasonable, then they get ported together to Krypton. can clarify, but this is the norm.

Your team, on the other hand, is something of a mess. You have Morg and Silver Surfer on the same team. With the exception of Terrax, Morg has fought Surfer more than he's fought any other character. When Morg became a herald, Surfer assembled a task force for the sole purpose of taking him down. The two have consistently been at each others' throats, and I don't see any reason for them to reconcile their differences here. When it comes to the rest of your team, things don't get much better. Cyclops' personality is changed somewhat by the Phoenix possessing him, but he's still fundamentally a hero, and he spent AvX working towards a peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants, even if his methods weren't as pure as past attempts. Meanwhile, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and to a lesser extent Morg have zero qualms about killing innocents and basically being all around villainous thugs. Cyclops won't get along well with any of them. Silver Surfer is also an extremely noble soul, who has essentially dedicated his existence to the preservation of life in the universe. He won't at all take kindly to Henshaw or Prime's personalities and lack of morals, and they won't be impressed by him, either. Superboy Prime is pretty much the antithesis of a team player, since his only focus is himself. He shows little inclination to follow orders, and is prone to blind rages. In short, your team will be hard-pressed not to attack each other, much less form a cohesive and strategic unit.

Regarding this, I've already clarified that they can, and indeed will work together. I'm not expecting the sense of teamwork and melding that the X-Men exemplify, but equally, it won't be anywhere near as poor as you presume. Morg and Surfer, have worked together when it is in their best interests, just like I imagine this is. They displayed teamwork, and a grudging acceptance of each other during the Tyrant Saga, and I believe they can put aside their differences once again. Furthermore, as you've pointed our, Prime, Morg and Cyborg are of a similar calibre. They seek power, they seek to survive. It is in their interest to work together. Also, your point about Superboy Prime isn't entirely true... Yes he's a spoilt, moody teenager, but he's previously worked surprisingly well with Alexander Luthor Jr. So, teamwork isn't out of the question, but luckily for me. All I need him is to be a pain, and he'll be a pain.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokergeist

@Esquire: @Backflip: I thought I should jump in and state Beatboks cleared up the fact that this sun on this Planet will not harm Kryptonians.

Just so you both know.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Backflip

@CadenceV2: Yeah we're aware of that. My point is, that Superboy Prime should be able to access Earth's Yellow Sun, for the exact same reason that Mr. Majestic is allowed to return to Earth to get his weapons, and that Mr. Terrific is allowed to return to earth to his lab. Equally, Cyborg Superman should be allowed to access Earth's computers as he is a native of earth etc

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By beatboks1

It's up to you guy's to make your case as to why and how tour prep os possible . All I stated when asked was that any prep that one can reasonably expect your characters can achieve in the time frame. It's then up to the voter to decide if that prep is believable. I myself have Ultra and Brainwave getting all their gear from their bases. of course ( and I haven't made this clear yet) I have Mordru and Ian Karkull who can transport them there. if one of you can make the case the other can't achieve what they're saying thats open for discussion.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DireDrill

Hold on, so I can access my team's Earthbound resources if I can make the case that I can get there?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By beatboks1

If you can make the case that there is enough time to do so yeah. if your opponent makes a case you cant it comes down to which one case is more believable when voting

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Esquire

@Backflip said:

I see no reason why my guys can't prep from their typical location, as yours have. You have Mr. Majestic returning to his Armory, Mr. Terrific returning to his lab. What is wrong with Cyborg Superman accessing Earth's computers, from Earth?

I already addressed this in my initial post.

said:

My assumption regarding prep is that we both have access to our characters' full resources, although only what we can actually get in two hours since we're on Krypton. Luckily, I have Mister Terrific on my team. His T-Spheres are ridiculously versatile, and among their many functions is the ability to open dimensional portals. This will allow my team to access anything they want in seconds.

T-Spheres can open dimensional portals to travel through spacetime. I used Terrific's lab and Majestic's armory because I have a way of getting to them instantly, so I can easily access them from Krypton. You have no such form of transportation, so I'm skeptical that you can use any resources not located on Krypton.

Yeah we're aware of that. My point is, that Superboy Prime should be able to access Earth's Yellow Sun, for the exact same reason that Mr. Majestic is allowed to return to Earth to get his weapons, and that Mr. Terrific is allowed to return to earth to his lab. Equally, Cyborg Superman should be allowed to access Earth's computers as he is a native of earth etc

I'm not getting access to my tech because my characters live with it, but because they have a way to travel to it. And even if Cyborg Superman did somehow get all the way to Earth, copy every piece of computerized information on the planet, and then return to Krypton, all in under two hours, he still wouldn't get the T-Sphere schematics. Terrific's lab isn't even located on Earth. He has it hidden in another dimension, which Henshaw has no way of finding.

Regarding [teamwork], I've already clarified that they can, and indeed will work together. I'm not expecting the sense of teamwork and melding that the X-Men exemplify, but equally, it won't be anywhere near as poor as you presume. Morg and Surfer, have worked together when it is in their best interests, just like I imagine this is. They displayed teamwork, and a grudging acceptance of each other during the Tyrant Saga, and I believe they can put aside their differences once again.

Was this before or after Morg totally ignored his best interests and, instead of fighting Tyrant alongside Surfer, went after Terrax, even though the Herald could have been an ally against the common foe? Morg is a liability when teamwork is involved. He puts his own agenda higher than anything else, including fighting a common enemy.

Furthermore, as you've pointed our, Prime, Morg and Cyborg are of a similar calibre. They seek power, they seek to survive. It is in their interest to work together. Also, your point about Superboy Prime isn't entirely true... Yes he's a spoilt, moody teenager, but he's previously worked surprisingly well with Alexander Luthor Jr. So, teamwork isn't out of the question, but luckily for me. All I need him is to be a pain, and he'll be a pain.

Again, Morg has already ignored a common enemy when he could have worked together with similar personalities.

Henshaw is only interested in two things: His own permanent death, and being a supreme commander. He's always set himself up as a leader, whether commanding Mongul's actions with Central City, taking control of the Manhunters, or making himself into a self-styled Alpha Prime of the Green Lantern Corps. The only time he's been content to be subordinate was to Anti-Monitor, and that was only because Anti-Monitor was going to kill him once he fulfilled his mission. Nobody on your team can make him that same promise, at least not one that Henshaw would trust.

Prime is not at all a team player nowadays. He was still an idealist when he worked with Luthor, believing that Alex was going to fix the world and make everything right again. Since then, he's decided that everything is wrong and it's his duty to destroy everything to bring his Earth back. Since the failure of Luthor's plan in Infinite Crisis, the only time he's taken orders was from Anti-Monitor. And that was revealed to be a ruse so that Prime could get his revenge on the Anti-Monitor for the destruction of his homeworld. The only way Prime will only be content if he can be in charge, and maybe not even then. He's certainly not going to be impressed by Surfer or Cyclops if they try to give orders. To Prime, Surfer is a naked silver guy and Cyclops is a glorified human. He has no reason to respect either of them.

Also, Cyclops was hardly "ruthless." He spent most of his time trying to bring about world peace and rebuild the mutant race. He even got upset with Emma for nearly killing Hawkeye. The only person he killed before turning Dark Phoenix, (which isn't allowed here), was Xavier, and there were a lot of extenuating circumstances. He was terribly angry when Namor carved a swathe of destruction through Wakanda, so why would he be any more lenient with SBP, Morg, or Henshaw doing something similar to Krypton?

Your team is made up of Alpha Males, most of whom are only content if they're either in charge or fulfilling their own agenda. How do you expect to get through two hours of prep without getting in a fight over who's the leader? Who's going to back down and let someone else give orders? Your team is hamstrung by their personalities, whereas mine have no reasons not to work together smoothly.

Avatar image for scottishwarlord
ScottishWarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ScottishWarlord

Good debate so far

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Backflip

You've really made me think today, which is something I always enjoy in a debate. But I've got a knockdown/plan. Let me go to school, and when I get back, then you have my permission to die. ;)

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By beatboks1
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Backflip

@beatboks1: Sorry i've been so lax with making a case, and annoyingly I'm at a wedding today. I'd plead that you give me to the end of the day to come up with something super, if I fail too, then I'll forfeit to let you all get on with it :P

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By beatboks1

@Backflip: You've got time, about another 16 or so hours before i was planning to call anyway. I'll give you a little longer.