#51  Edited By geraldthesloth
@spidey 15 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @NickA said:
" What is the worst case of PIS yall have seen "
Spiderman beating firelord. Rhino giving a fight to Silver Surfer Bullseye KOing DD with a paper plane Kingpin lifting a table and hitting spidey with it etc..=] "
Wait how is that pis? he's been consistantly tagging fast people his whole career. "
That's very different.   Either it was PIS or spidey let him to tag him. When you see your opponet  without him having super human speed, lifting a table and coming to hit you and you don't avoid it, then is really bad writing.=] "
1.Kingpin is very fast for a man of his size, multiple people have noted it including Daredevil,and Spiderman.  2.A table has a wide strike radius it's not like doding a knife or baseball bat if it hits you it's going to hit you on a good portion of your body at once. "
1) It's different to tag someone with your own fists. This is accepatable. 2) My point is that kingpin needs time to lift the table and try to attack with it. Spidey has spider-sense and super human reflexes. Not to mention that the whole time he was looking at kingpin. I can't find any excuse of kingpin being so fast that he was able to lift a desk and then land it at spidey.=] "
For the same reasons Namor was able to do the same with a table to apocalypse, they are both fast enough to surprise their foes even though their reaction time outclasses theirs.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Mercy_
@JediXMan said:
" @The Dark Huntress:   HE'S NOT EVEN HUMAN! "
I KNOW! It's all sooo wrong.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @JediXMan said:
I KNOW! It's all sooo wrong. "
Every single panel of that page makes me sick.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Mercy_
@JediXMan said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @JediXMan said:
Every single panel of that page makes me sick. "
Agreed. Who wrote that?
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By reactor
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @JediXMan said:
Every single panel of that page makes me sick. "
Agreed. Who wrote that? "

I tried to find out a while back, but to no avail. But now that I think about it, this is definitely WIS. I mean, come on! He's a freakin' alien! How could any writer be that stupid?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By spidey 15
@geraldthesloth said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @NickA said:
" What is the worst case of PIS yall have seen "
Spiderman beating firelord. Rhino giving a fight to Silver Surfer Bullseye KOing DD with a paper plane Kingpin lifting a table and hitting spidey with it etc..=] "
Wait how is that pis? he's been consistantly tagging fast people his whole career. "
That's very different.   Either it was PIS or spidey let him to tag him. When you see your opponet  without him having super human speed, lifting a table and coming to hit you and you don't avoid it, then is really bad writing.=] "
1.Kingpin is very fast for a man of his size, multiple people have noted it including Daredevil,and Spiderman.  2.A table has a wide strike radius it's not like doding a knife or baseball bat if it hits you it's going to hit you on a good portion of your body at once. "
1) It's different to tag someone with your own fists. This is accepatable. 2) My point is that kingpin needs time to lift the table and try to attack with it. Spidey has spider-sense and super human reflexes. Not to mention that the whole time he was looking at kingpin. I can't find any excuse of kingpin being so fast that he was able to lift a desk and then land it at spidey.=] "
For the same reasons Namor was able to do the same with a table to apocalypse, they are both fast enough to surprise their foes even though their reaction time outclasses theirs. "
I don' think is the same.
We have spidey, with his super human reflexes and spider sense, against a guy with peak speed. Spidey was looking at this guy. The this guy lifted a table and he manage to land it on the guy that has superior speed and reflexes and he also was looking at him. 
Look, i won't deny that spidey can be hit by slower oppnets and Fisk has what he needs to do it. But is very different to try and lift something while your opponet who is faster than you,is looking at you. Then you manage to hit him. It really doesn't make sense imo.=]
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The Mango
@spidey 15:  Fisk is well above peak human, I mean I don't know if he's considered superhuman or if he's a mutant or what but there's no doubt he's above anyone in comics that can be considered "peak human"
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ssejllenrad
PIS or WIS? 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By spidey 15
@The Mango: Actually he is peak human. His feats shows otherwise but it never been stated anything that can put him above peak.=]
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mercy_
@ssejllenrad: It seems like it's PIS to me, I fail to believe that any writer could be stupid enough to believe that Batman could land a hit on Spectre.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By reactor
@ssejllenrad said:
" PIS or WIS? 

"

Oh, God (no pun intended)... That's WIS - definitely WIS.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Final Arrow
Retcon Punch    
NickA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NickA
@Reactor:
oh my god
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By spiderbuck1
@spidey 15 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @courtney12490: Oh, i see. Like Loeb.=] "
Not entirely I mean really where was the Hulk book going anyway? Who was reading it before? I certainly was not and I do not know anyone who was. Allot of good things have come from Loeb's tinkering Loeb gets a bad rap because most people lay the blame with out looking into it. Just look at Hush and Superman for all Seasons and you can never doubt Loeb again. "
I guess you might be right. But there are plenty events that Loeb write withput using logic. I don't think we can ingnore them, even if they come good things from that.=]

@courtney12490: True.=] "
WWH is now savage Hulk again.

Why?   

Who knows!!
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By reactor
@Final Arrow said:
" Retcon Punch     "
Gotta hand it to ya. That is indisputably the greatest (and to make things worse, intended) PIS in comic book history.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Magian

All of these (PIS, CIS, WIS) shouldn't exist.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Final Arrow
@Reactor said:
" @Final Arrow said:
" Retcon Punch     "
Gotta hand it to ya. That is indisputably the greatest (and to make things worse, intended) PIS in comic book history. "
It was that moment that I put down the series and walked away for like six months XD
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By reactor
@ComicMan24 said:
" All of these (PIS, CIS, WIS) shouldn't exist. "
Couldn't, Shouldn't, Wouldn't, but do.... Life's funny like that.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Magian
@Reactor: 
True.
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The Mango
@ComicMan24: CIS is fine.

On a semi-related note, I'm not sure there's an acronym for it, but when the book is about a very smart character like Stark or Richards, smarter than any human is in real life, it's impossible for a writer to come up with the ideas and plans that characters this smart actually would.
SSJ5_Goku-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SSJ5_Goku-San
@ssejllenrad said:
" PIS or WIS? 

"
Hey, that's Batman's jobber aura for ya....
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Magian
@The Mango said:
" @ComicMan24: CIS is fine.   On a semi-related note, I'm not sure there's an acronym for it, but when the book is about a very smart character like Stark or Richards, smarter than any human is in real life, it's impossible for a writer to come up with the ideas and plans that characters this smart actually would. "
I don't think there is an acronym for this, as far as I know.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm cool with CIS, and on a small scale even PIS. Comics need a little of both in most instances.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Mercy_
@Gambler said:
" I'm cool with CIS, and on a small scale even PIS. Comics need a little of both in most instances. "
I agree with that, it's WIS that I find unforgivable in most places. If you are writing a book, then you should have done your research.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Gambler said:
" I'm cool with CIS, and on a small scale even PIS. Comics need a little of both in most instances. "
I agree with that, it's WIS that I find unforgivable in most places. If you are writing a book, then you should have done your research. "
Exactly
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mercy_
@Gambler said:
" @Gambler said:
I agree with that, it's WIS that I find unforgivable in most places. If you are writing a book, then you should have done your research. "
Exactly "
Not only is it ignorant, but it's lazy.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By spidey 15
@Gambler said:
Yeah, you are right. If those 2 didn't exist, many heroes might be dead.
=[
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#78  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

They are equally worthless.I have no problem with plot devices but CIS and PIS are completely unnecessary.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Vance Astro said:
" They are equally worthless.I have no problem with plot devices but CIS and PIS are completely unnecessary. "
Without CIS countless characters would be rendered useless. Without PIS 90% of the villainous plots would fail on page one. Both are, and have been, a necessity. You're entitled to your opinion, but I dont see how comics could function without either one.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
A few points here and there.

- The Surfer getting in an armlock by Black Panther never happened due to his humanoid anatomy, or whatever reason Black Panther mentions in the scan. That's CIS on the Surfer's behalf. In the next issue, Black Panther admits the Surfer could have easily broken free and incinerated him, but elected not to. It's still a bad justification but it makes more sense.
- Batman kicking the Spectre is the worst of them all, not only because of the immense power difference, because the Spectre cannot experience physical pain to begin with.
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By The Mango

Without PIS almost all of Flash's rouges gallery would be rendered pointless.

I mean, a dude that throws boomerangs and a Mr. Freeze impersonator? Vs. a guy who can travel and react faster than light? Really?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@The Mango said:
" Without PIS almost all of Flash's rouges gallery would be rendered pointless.  I mean, a dude that throws boomerangs and a Mr. Freeze impersonator? Vs. a guy who can travel and react faster than light? Really? "
That's why you don't make characters that overpowered then you can make villains that can actually compete with him.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By spidey 15
@Vance Astro: Without CIS, Spidey should never be able to beaten most of his opponets.=]
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@spidey 15 said:
" @Vance Astro: Without CIS, Spidey should never be able to beaten most of his opponets.=] "
Exactly..that's why you don't do it because then you make Spidey look like a b#tch and that's supposed to be Marvel's front man.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Vance Astro said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Vance Astro: Without CIS, Spidey should never be able to beaten most of his opponets.=] "
Exactly..that's why you don't do it because then you make Spidey look like a b#tch and that's supposed to be Marvel's front man. "
When doesn't Spiderman look like a b!tch? Ha! Jus playin, dont mind me hatin on Spidey. Everyone's gotta look like a b!tch at some point. Its inevitable.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By spidey 15
@Vance Astro: The thing is that, spidey faces too powerfull opponets( sand-man, hydro-man, venom etc) so you can't say it's bad to use CIS. It should be nessecary for every hero that faces these opponets. The only way for spidey to beat characters without CIS is to fight opponets that he can beat with his powers.=]
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Gambler:AoA Magneto was a b!tch when he was suicidal, for example. :P

Seriously, cool to see AoA getting love, and Magnus in particular.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By spidey 15
@Gambler said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @spidey 15 said:
Exactly..that's why you don't do it because then you make Spidey look like a b#tch and that's supposed to be Marvel's front man. "
When doesn't Spiderman look like a b!tch? Ha! Jus playin, dont mind me hatin on Spidey. Everyone's gotta look like a b!tch at some point. Its inevitable. "
=[
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Gambler:AoA Magneto was a b!tch when he was suicidal, for example. :P

"
HA! sonnovab!tch lol. Chris Bachalo AoA art is sick though for sure. We wont get into the laundry list of b!tch moves by Hank Pym :P
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Gambler said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Gambler:AoA Magneto was a b!tch when he was suicidal, for example. :P

"
HA! sonnovab!tch lol. Chris Bachalo AoA art is sick though for sure. We wont get into the laundry list of b!tch moves by Hank Pym :P "
I generally don't like Bachalo, but the guy surely gets props for AoA. I recently thought about making an avatar from Magneto's fight against Apocalypse, the famous ripping in half.

LOL. I don't really mind Pym, but there's no denying this picture is great.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Gambler said:
When doesn't Spiderman look like a b!tch? Ha! Jus playin, dont mind me hatin on Spidey. Everyone's gotta look like a b!tch at some point. Its inevitable. "
Spider-Man just seems to do it way more than everyone else. 

@spidey 15 said:
" @Vance Astro: The thing is that, spidey faces too powerfull opponets( sand-man, hydro-man, venom etc) so you can't say it's bad to use CIS. It should be nessecary for every hero that faces these opponets. The only way for spidey to beat characters without CIS is to fight opponets that he can beat with his powers.=] "
Spider-Man can just use plot devices to beat those characters.He doesn't necessarily NEED CIS.If you don't get the difference it's this. 

Plot Device:Spider-Man beating Venom by using a weapon that emits high pitched sounds. 
CIS:Spider-Man KO'ing Sandman with his fists.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Morpheus_:  Its a tight pic no doubt.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By spidey 15
@Vance Astro: CIS isn't when you beat your opponet due to lack of intellect? Like sandman.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@spidey 15 said:
" @Vance Astro: CIS isn't when you beat your opponet due to lack of intellect? Like sandman. "
No.That actually makes it more believable that he can beat characters like that.It's when Spider-Man wins by means that go against the way the character is setup and their previous showings that cause CIS.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

PIS and CIS are both good things and needed for plot and story lines 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" PIS and CIS are both good things and needed for plot and story lines  "
This is exactly why Loeb and Bendis think they can write whatever they want.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AtPhantom
@Vance Astro said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Vance Astro: CIS isn't when you beat your opponet due to lack of intellect? Like sandman. "
No.That actually makes it more believable that he can beat characters like that.It's when Spider-Man wins by means that go against the way the character is setup and their previous showings that cause CIS. "
Wait. Shouldn't that be PIS? CIS is an actual character trait which somehow nerfs said character in a fight. PIS is when someone is nerfed contrary to his personality.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
This is exactly why Loeb and Bendis think they can write whatever they want. "
They can be used poorly true but look at this Batman is being killed by Poison Ivy CIS makes her stop and bug out when Batman steps on a rose and he saves him self. OR Wally West is able to borrow speed to defeat Zoom or Spider-Man fight with Sandman leads to a water tower allowing him to defeat him through PIS. Besides Loeb is a good writer who cares if he "ruined" the Hulk 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
This is exactly why Loeb and Bendis think they can write whatever they want. "
They can be used poorly true but look at this Batman is being killed by Poison Ivy CIS makes her stop and bug out when Batman steps on a rose and he saves him self. OR Wally West is able to borrow speed to defeat Zoom or Spider-Man fight with Sandman leads to a water tower allowing him to defeat him through PIS. Besides Loeb is a good writer who cares if he "ruined" the Hulk  "
I never said Loeb ruined the Hulk.In fact I like Loeb's Hulk.I'm just saying all the things people b#tch about in writing are due to PIS and CIS and it would be better if people came up with clever plot devices rather then going against the way characters are written.The things you are talking about aren't CIS they are plot devices, which are needed for heroes to not be killed.CIS is inexcusable.Captain America beating Rhino with a jumpkick,Daredevil beating Mephisto with a sharpened pole,Typhoid Mary's Pyrokinesis having no effect on the Kingpin.That's CIS.There's no explanation for it at all.It's just done so that one of them whom the writer is trying to look good doesn't lose.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By spidey 15
@Vance Astro said:
" @spidey 15 said:
No.That actually makes it more believable that he can beat characters like that.It's when Spider-Man wins by means that go against the way the character is setup and their previous showings that cause CIS. "
But most of his opponet's showings, show that they are stupid. So if spidey beats them by outsmarting them, i can't see being CIS at all.=]