Pick two superpowers to become a superhero. (Read OP)

• 57 results
hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hulksmashtoaa

You may pick any two of the powers listed below.

Rules

• No matter which power you pick, you will not be above herald level. For example, Power Cosmic won't make you Galactus-tier. Reality Gem won't let you warp reality on a universal level. Green Lantern Ring won't make you on par with Parallax.
  • No matter which power you pick, you will have the ability to use any of them with competency, skill, and worthiness.
  • This is not a matter of picking the strongest powers. This is based on your personal preferences and what you think would be cool for yourself.
  • Also try to give a reason as to why you'd pick any two particular powers.

Let me know if there are any other powers I should add.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'd go for Martian physiology. It may not be as strong as Kryptonian physiology, but it's more versatile. Then I would go with Power Cosmic. I always thought it would be cool if someone like Martian Manhunter were a Herald of Galactus, and the synergy between the two powers.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RandyButterNubs

Kryptonian and Martian Physiology, I think that's really cool combination and a fearsome one at that.

cheshirescat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson gem of Cyttorak and speed force.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god, so many options, personally I would go for power cosmic since it contains many of my favorite powers like transmutation, TP, super strength and then some. My second option would probably be helmet of fate since it's loaded with hax like invisibility, intangibility and such. Never in a thousand years would I take the speed force.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit:

Why no Speed Force?

Because it has no uses in real life. Yes it grants you super speed but that is also given by power cosmic along with many other useful hax. Not to mention speed force users have to view the world in slow motion all the time and frankly I don't have the patience for that.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Reed Intelligence + Mobius Chair

Avatar image for deactivated-607f16bec0383
deactivated-607f16bec0383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Cosmic + Eye of Agamotto

Avatar image for heymanimjusthereforfun
heymanimjusthereforfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shazam and stormbreaker in terms of coolness, for just wanting to be a pragmatic asshole i'd pick reed intelligence and frieza physiology.

Kemono_dono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix Force and Speed Force for me

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Cosmic and Mjolnir.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Cosmic is a must as it’s arguably got the most starting versatility, as supplementary I’d probably go for Reed’s intelligence.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa said:

@punyaamrit:

Why no Speed Force?

Because it has no uses in real life. Yes it grants you super speed but that is also given by power cosmic along with many other useful hax. Not to mention speed force users have to view the world in slow motion all the time and frankly I don't have the patience for that.

I think you can slow down your perception to human levels.

I think some other perks would be time travel (though Power Cosmic can also do that) and being able to learn fast, like how New 52 Superman studied every medical textbook in a matter of moments in order to become a physician and perform surgery on Lois.

Power Cosmic and Mjolnir.

Inspired by Fallen One, eh?

@seankahi said:

Power Cosmic + Eye of Agamotto

Look into Doctor Strange's 2018 run, issues #12-17. It explores the combination of magic + cosmic.

Also check out Marvel's What If? Vol. 2 #25. Similar stuff too, power-wise.

Power Cosmic is a must as it’s arguably got the most starting versatility, as supplementary I’d probably go for Reed’s intelligence.

Gourmet Cells are also on the menu. ;-)

Reed Intelligence + Mobius Chair

Any creative ideas as to what you'd do being so big brained? Make a respect thread for every character ever in mere moments? :-P

GarouHM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SHAZAM and a Zanpakuto. Can be Ichigo's or Rukia's. I thought bout a stand too but I don't read or watch Jojo so I'm not very familiar.

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Intelligence + Speed force = Relly Werds AKA Mr. Lightspeed.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@hulksmashtoaa: Yea I'd just make a RT at the beginning of time on how op the Big Bang is

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa: Yeah I have read about that. Wally calls it the " speed mode" but honestly I ain't taking the risk. AFAIK power cosmic allows you to view the past not travel into it. And power cosmic is overall a better option since the only things speedforce grants that the power cosmic doesn't are time travel, speed steal, phasing and IMP. But half of those things don't even compare to TP, transmutation and super strength etc. not to mention I can travel with time using helmet of fate.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Level Mutant TP + TK and Speed Force

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit:

Surfer has phased multiple times. He even used it once to pull out someone's organs similar to how Flash took out Amazo's brain (don't have that scan on me right now).

No Caption Provided

Surfer also traveled to the beginning of time once. Don't have the scan but if I find it I'll post it here.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa: Well, sure if you count inconsistent showings. And surfer can't phase like Wally does, Wally can vibrate at different frequencies and has much more molecular control unlike surfer.

cupofreality1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TP/TK & mjolnir

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power cosmic and Phoenix force.

Hyena401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Von Dooms Intelligence + Crimson Bands of Cyttorakk

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SocaJunkie

@hulksmashtoaa: If we can’t go past Herald level, there’s no point picking Gourmet Cells if I already have the power Cosmic. Gourmet Cells don’t bring that much to the table the PC can’t do and those it does bring is only worth the second spot if it’s above Herald level like Acacia’s abilities. Other specific hax in Toriko still won’t make a second spot because the PC does enough and I can reserve the second place for something to make up a huge area I’m lacking like intelligence.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie:

What if it was a bundle? Like you get Zebra, Sunny, Starjun, and Coco's cells/powers in one package? Would that sweeten the deal or naw?

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa: Sweeten it, sure but not enough to take a second spot when the Power Cosmic covers pretty much everything they can and can’t do (or replicated in some way) barring Coco’s poison.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa:Space Gem and Lex Luthor's Intelligence. The space gem gives you the full power of controlling and manipulating space, which is such an extremely versatile and underrated power instead of the overused time control. Luthor gives me the greatest mind below Brainiac himself, but I'd also have his brilliance at being such a social prodigy which is something Brainiac can't compete with.

A herald tier use of such abilities would turn me into a Space version of Magneto (physical stats aren't said to be increased).

Basic use would be traveling anywhere in space, regardless of size or dimension. Via opening portals or teleportation, which can be used to mass transport multiple creatures and objects besides myself.

Controlling space to stand and walk on air like Ichigo from Bleach

More advanced use would be:

• Stopping any alterations in space, basically Time Stop.
  • Creating duplicates/clones, and copy-paste anything
  • Creating and destroying pocket dimensions (no bigger than a country)
  • Manipulate distance so that nothing can touch me, and I can grab anything
  • Turn the entire area upside down or sideways, affecting gravity to my advantage
  • Spatial slicing, an unlockable attack that cuts space itself
  • Travel through different dimensions and timespaces
  • Cause Spatial loops
  • Instant healing / regeneration
  • Manipulating distance to create density in fists, causing my punches to be far stronger
FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is something wrong with me that I don’t even want these OP powers? :0

All I want is to manipulate the weather.

Don’t get me wrong, all these powers are extremely cool and epic but like they’re too much IMO. It would be epic enough for me to visualize a thunderstorm, tornadoes and lightning and them make them reality.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Let alone the dangers we would face in the real world because of our powers... society wouldn’t treat us like humans but like a menace that needs to be destroyed.

amnotcharizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would probably choose the Eye of Agamotto, and the Kryptonian one.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened:

All of those powers are pretty legit, but I think the last one could be counterproductive because increasing the density of your fists via reducing the space between atoms/molecules would make your hand smaller unless you're able to incorporate additional matter.

On the flipside, reducing density of your body/increase space between molecules will allow you to phase through objects. I believe this is how Martian Manhunter does it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6028883ebdf4d
deactivated-6028883ebdf4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By Gourmet cells do you mean every single person/beast gourmet cells from Toriko or just a certain character/beasts because people/beasts who have gourmet cells are able to use Appetite Energy and you can do pretty cool stuff with appetite energy like the Crow King was able to make a mini sun just by making a ball of appetite energy in his mouth so I might choose gourmet cells it just depends who gourmet cells I can choose.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_demon:

Let's say you can choose two people's Gourmet Cell powers (in addition to one of the powers listed).

DatStupidGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed's intelligence + Power Cosmic.

Now I can insanely powerful and big brained on top of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6028883ebdf4d
deactivated-6028883ebdf4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa: Cool I'll just have to choose two characters from Toriko then I'll comment in this thread one or two days from now and I'll choose another power as well.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be a Phoenix Force host. I wouldn’t really need an extra power after that, since I at this point could theoretically do anything with it. That in mind, if I had to choose........

I guess Omega Level Tp and Tk is Kinda redundant, but since the Phoenix jives better with that combo, I will go with that. I basically become Jean Grey/Rachel Grey/Quentin Quire basically.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega TP/TK and Krypton Be Physically poweful with flight and have TP TK would be useful

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nassergrant19  Online

@pyrofn: Wouldn’t it be boring and kinda stressful, knowing exactly what everyone is thinking? Especially if people have cruel thoughts about you. Not to mention you could detect every person’s slightest sense of lust, like what Rachel did to Kurt.

Idk it just feels kinda bothersome to me.

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gourmet cells and the power cosmic easily

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nassergrant19  Online

I‘d pick Sayian Physiology and have Reed Richard’s intelligence. I‘m actually a second degree black belt in Taekwondo in real life. So I can already do a full split and flashy/acrobatic kicks. However with Sayian Physiology I’d grow even more extremely fast and skilled very quickly. It’d be awesome flying, using Ki energy blasts, and eventually with training, moving at Massively FTL+ speeds. It’d also be cool to sense people’s energy and know where all my friends/family are at all times.

Fooling people with the afterimage technique would also be a blast. I would win Taekwondo sparring matches before the ref finishes saying go. Not to mention if it’s dark I could just turn Super Sayian and light up the entire area so I can see.

Also having Reed Richards intelligence would really allow me to be aware of my maximum capabilities and be careful to not accidentally destroy the planet with a powerful Ki Blast.

Avatar image for deactivated-603506ba17b96
deactivated-603506ba17b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power cosmic and Phoenix force. You'd be the God of life and death

OracleFromHel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uni power and omega level tp + tk

DrakoTheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DrakoTheGhoul

Kryptonian Physiology + Reality Gem

Since I'm guessing the reality gem would be pretty limited under the op restrictions. I'll use it to amplify my Kryptonian side to do what i want.

I would first soak up all known knowledge on earth using my Kryptonian natural abilities and then use the Reality Gem to create a suit infused with the ability to absorb and store large portions of yellow radiation. I would continually sun dip while the suit automatically offsets any dangerous level of solar intake incase any danger arise.

After my power grows rapidly I'd explore some of the universe without a single care in reality. Once I'm done with that i would use my knowledge and experience to progress civilization in my own image. I'd create my own life forms and lord over them until they lord over themselves. I'd spend my near, if not fully, immortal life watching as the universe changes while using the reality gem to speed up their progress.

While I'm not allowed to grow stronger eventually the life i created will progress technologically and eventually, dimensionally. As they progress, naturally i will as well. This isn't against the op as I'm not growing stronger, they are. With that i would continue my journey and explore other universes and higher dimensions until there's absolutely nothing left. Whether i die or discover something beyond even that would be left a mystery.

So to end basically my ultimate reason for choosing these 2 is for me to explore all of reality while also being able to survive the journey. Are there other powers that could speed it up even quicker? Sure but i chose the abilities i personallyliked. I tried to stay within the restrictions of the op as much as possible but i couldn't do what i wanted under those conditions so i used a slight loophole of making the life i created getting stronger themselves instead of myself, which is fair.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Victor Von Doom's intelligence and a Zanpakuto. Probably Nanao's.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Wouldn’t it be boring and kinda stressful, knowing exactly what everyone is thinking? Especially if people have cruel thoughts about you. Not to mention you could detect every person’s slightest sense of lust, like what Rachel did to Kurt.

Idk it just feels kinda bothersome to me.

Boring? No. People are very interesting individuals and incredibly different from one other. The responses would be similar, but never truly the same, if at all.

Stressful? Yeah. That is why you train to control your powers. It’s not a power for everyone, but how it is used and affects you is highly dependent on how you react to it.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd choose Omega TP/TK and the Helmet of Fate.

A psychic sorcerer.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By subline

Speed Force + SHAZAM

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 coolcat4  Online

Kryptonian/New god physiology(if i get strength like Orion) then Green power ring. I like the idea of will based powers. Since a user could be a weakling or practically a God dependent on themselves.