Pick Three to Defend You, the Rest Try to Kill You

• 68 results
stewartg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules- All combatants have standard gear and are in character (but willing to kill to achieve their goal). All combatants have full knowledge of their opponents. Fight takes place at night in a large abandoned airport with minimal lighting. Your team has 30 minutes to strategize and hide you before the opposing team enters. The opposing team only has 60 minutes to kill you, but is willing to work together to do so.

Combatants- (Versions as depicted)

No Caption Provided

Batman

No Caption Provided

Hermione Granger

No Caption Provided

John Wick

No Caption Provided

Daredevil

No Caption Provided

2 Velociraptors (feats from all Jurassic Park movies)

No Caption Provided

Black Widow

No Caption Provided

Rey

No Caption Provided

Legolas

No Caption Provided

Luke Cage

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wick, Legolas, and Widow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, Rey, Luke cage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e225c194f8
deactivated-5a6e225c194f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey, Luke Cage, and John Wick

Daredevil808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman, Rey, Luke Cage

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hermione, Wick, and Rey. Force user, magic, and a deadly assassin...pretty sure we survive.

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey and Luke are all that is necessary. But I'll take Hermionie as well just in case she decides to throw in a panic death curse on the other side

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey, Batman, and Hermione.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killbilly  Moderator

Legolas, Luke Cage and Rey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage, Rey, and Hermione.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey and Luke are all that is necessary. But I'll take Hermionie as well just in case she decides to throw in a panic death curse on the other side

I think Wick would be a big problem for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@old_blighty: I would probably consider him the biggest threat on the other side, but Im fairly certain Luke could distract him long enough for either Rey or Hermionie to disarm him

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no_one_expects_the_silver_surf:

IMO, he is probably the most crucial character to pick. I mean, with the exception of Luke, he could solo your team if you aren't careful. Also if he enters a room you're in, he could easily bypass your team. Don't get me wrong, your team would definitely beat him by himself, but he isn't the only factor. If he enter with someone else, that would be difficult AF to counter.

Hermione would be good with more time, but it is hard to argue if she could set up wards in time. Her teleportation is useful for getting away, but she would lose to pretty much everyone one on one. Rey can beat anyone in a melee fight, but since you have Luke she really doesn't bring much. Luke can survive anyone, but he is another melee fighter.

If it was just making a team that had to kill the others, then you would likely win, but I'm not sure they would be able to protect someone from the enemy team.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey, Legolas, Luke Cage. Win ezpz

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas, Widow and Hermione.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@old_blighty: yeah come to think of it, I'd probably swap Hermionie out for Matt, so that he could detect anyone coming, plus he has better teamwork with luke

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman : For planning, obviously. Also dim light works well. Good distraction.

Hermione : She might have some tricks to help hiding. Plus imperio curse : add more teammates.

Rey : Defense against projectile weapons. Disarm, force push, sense, etc. Maybe mind trick, although she may not be able to use it in this situation.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to have two beautiful girls to spend time with, which could even be the last minutes of life.

TheStarWarsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheStarWarsGuy

Hermoine, Rey, Batman

We got the force, magic and a billionaire/prep god

what could go wrong?

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

I don't think people realize how fast and accurate Legolas is. It's essentially suicide NOT to pick him. Same goes for a morales off Rey.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a smart idea. I suppose you could force the other teams into one on one (melee) fights. I still think Wick could be an issue, if somewhat less of one.

Hermoine, Rey, Batman

what could go wrong?

Well, since you asked:

• Rey is useless against range attacks like bullets and is more likely to attempt deflecting before pulling guns out of their hands. This means she would almost definitely be killed by Wick, maybe evn Legolas at range.
  • Prep is only useful if your character has the equipment/time/feats to make good use of it. Batman hasn't done anything in thirty minutes of note and you only have standard gear. It also worth noting that Batman has the worst range skill/weapons and would lose a melee fight against the majority of the other team.
  • Hermione isn't as quick on the draw as the other ranged fighter. Has no death spell feats. Would lose a melee fight to anyone on the opposing team. And she has no way to protect you/herself.

So what could go wrong? Well, a lot could go wrong.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick

Luke

Rey

Luke is an obvious reason and I wouldn't want him coming after me. John can pick off everyone else from range with a rifle and Rey can provide support via Force powers.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 geekryan  Online

Hermione can arguably solo lol.

But I'll also take Daredevil (for his senses) and Legolas (for pure badassery)

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

I might switch out Rey for Hermione depending on what "in character but working to kill you" means.

Does it mean that they can think about the smartest way that will ultimately lead to your death as their end goal or that all of their actions will be directed at ending your life first and foremost?

I assumed the latter but if the former, Hermione's transfiguration is a much bigger threat then Rey's TP/TK. Also, can I use my knowledge of the character's attacking me to warn my defenders?

@stewartg

RaptusNebula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman to deal with the planning and a way to beat Luke, and Daredevil

Black Widow to make sure no one sneaks up on us and to assassinate Hermione

Batman + Black Widow to beat John Wick

and Rey to pacify the raptors and stop incoming projectiles with the force, would always have her by my side

**legolas is fodder**

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killbilly  Moderator
Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hermione, Rey and Batman

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

I feel like DCU Batman is being mad overrated for prep feats he doesn't have tbh.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: The Batfactor is in play my friend.

On topic:

Luke:The ultimate shield.

Legolas: He is an arrow-machine gun with excellent aim to boot.

Wick: Under these circumstances Wick is the one who will benefit the most from prep AND can make short work of just about everyboody else when he's positioned.

I considered Rey as well due to her saber's one-shot and mary-sue capabilities but plot armour aside, Wick empties and entie mag into her head.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killbilly  Moderator

I might end up trading out Hermione/Rey for Wick depending on the OP's answer.

stewartg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Yes you could. But you would not need to, as all combatants already have full knowledge of all other combatants.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey, Hermione and Luke

Rey and Hermione are the only one that can actually harm Luke while he cover me and are on my site

All character are in-character but willing to kill, so a pratical and metodical mind such as Hermione will start to shot instant kill-incapacitating spell, eliminating one enemy for attack [none of them have magical protection], while any enemy shooter must first pass Rey [who can stop bullet with light sabre and have high force power] and than harm an invulnerable Luke Cage...

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, Daredevil and Cage.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin:

Yeah, no. Rey has no feats suggesting she could deflect a bullet. She doesn't have the speed to do so (there is no proof that blasters are as fast as bullets) and bullets aren't made of plasma. If a bullet flies at it her she might be able to hit the bullet, but the lightsaber isn't going to vaporise the entire thing at that speed. She is at best cutting the bullet into two pieces, but then she is still getting hit by those two smaller bullets.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killbilly  Moderator

Rey, Hermione and Luke

Rey and Hermione are the only one that can actually harm Luke while he cover me and are on my site

All character are in-character but willing to kill, so a pratical and metodical mind such as Hermione will start to shot instant kill-incapacitating spell, eliminating one enemy for attack [none of them have magical protection], while any enemy shooter must first pass Rey [who can stop bullet with light sabre and have high force power] and than harm an invulnerable Luke Cage...

I mostly agree with your reasoning, but I worry Hermione won't be able to cast her spells fast enough before the likes of Legolas or Wick can take her out.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killbilly  Moderator

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin:

Yeah, no. Rey has no feats suggesting she could deflect a bullet. She doesn't have the speed to do so (there is no proof that blasters are as fast as bullets) and bullets aren't made of plasma. If a bullet flies at it her she might be able to hit the bullet, but the lightsaber isn't going to vaporise the entire thing at that speed. She is at best cutting the bullet into two pieces, but then she is still getting hit by those two smaller bullets.

^ He's right tbh. The Force isn't shown to scale to your other abilities in canon and I don't know if we've even seen Rey block a blaster bolt.

TheStarWarsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheStarWarsGuy

@old_blighty said:

That's a smart idea. I suppose you could force the other teams into one on one (melee) fights. I still think Wick could be an issue, if somewhat less of one.

@thestarwarsguy said:

Hermoine, Rey, Batman

what could go wrong?

Well, since you asked:

• Rey is useless against range attacks like bullets and is more likely to attempt deflecting before pulling guns out of their hands. This means she would almost definitely be killed by Wick, maybe evn Legolas at range.
  • Prep is only useful if your character has the equipment/time/feats to make good use of it. Batman hasn't done anything in thirty minutes of note and you only have standard gear. It also worth noting that Batman has the worst range skill/weapons and would lose a melee fight against the majority of the other team.
  • Hermione isn't as quick on the draw as the other ranged fighter. Has no death spell feats. Would lose a melee fight to anyone on the opposing team. And she has no way to protect you/herself.

So what could go wrong? Well, a lot could go wrong.

Yes Rey is useless against range attacks but she could use the force and pin them down or something.

Batman is super smart so we would have the best possible strategy, which would make up for everyone's weaknesses.

Hermione knows protective spells such as the shield charm which is commonly used in duels to protect the wizard from incoming spells - there's no reason that should block bullets.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thestarwarsguy:

Yes Rey is useless against range attacks but she could use the force and pin them down or something.

Rey doesn't really do this though (I don't recall her ever doing this). Remember, she is still in character here.

Batman is super smart so we would have the best possible strategy, which would make up for everyone's weaknesses.

DCCU Batman hasn't earned his chops to be classified as super smart. Even if he were, how would he make up for their weaknesses? He can't make either of your characters faster, which is your main issue.

Hermione knows protective spells such as the shield charm which is commonly used in duels to protect the wizard from incoming spells - there's no reason that should block bullets.

The fact it never has is reason to suggest it can't. Using that same logic, it would be like me saying a bulletproof vest should stop bullets etc. However, even if we say bullets could be blocked by spells. Hermione doesn't have the reaction times to suggest she could stop one.

I don't think people realize how fast and accurate Legolas is. It's essentially suicide NOT to pick him. Same goes for a morales off Rey.

She isn't morals off though. The op clearly states that all characters are in character, but willing to kill. Willing to kill doesn't mean morals off. It just means that you will kill if you have too. Rey is already like this.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@old_blighty: Tbf Lightsabers have been shown to be mostly effective against bullets in canon

No Caption Provided

Direct hits completely vaporize the bullets but cutting them just causes them to melt which leaves minor burns

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon:

That's a nice find, which comic is that? Regardless, I don't think Rey has the feats to suggest she could do the same. I mean, it looks like the bullets got much closer to him than a blaster would (IMO). I would also say that the distance of the shooters may have played a part here, they don't look that close. If you have a scan showing their distance, that would be helpful.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@old_blighty: its from Obi Wan and Anakin. Its been a while since i dug through it though this is semi newly knight Obi wan. I'm not sure if Rey could do it but that's an argument of speed not ability.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon:

Wouldn't it be a question of both? I mean, she would only be able to if she has the speed.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hermoine

Cage

2 Velociprators

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 killbilly  Moderator

Rey hasn't demonstrated that level of speed in canon tbh.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman: he brings in the batjet and batmobile.

Hermione: Avada kedavra, immobolous, obliviate and this

Loading Video...

No one is going to kill me when I'm invisible.

Loading Video...

Luke cage: Rams anyone too stupid to come after me.

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hermione and no one will find me. easy choice

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hermione, Cage and the one thats a Jedi.

TheStarWarsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@old_blighty

Rey doesn't really do this though (I don't recall her ever doing this). Remember, she is still in character here.

I have no response to this

DCCU Batman hasn't earned his chops to be classified as super smart. Even if he were, how would he make up for their weaknesses? He can't make either of your characters faster, which is your main issue.

He made a suit able to combat superman...

Also batman won't make a strategy that improves their abilities/weaknesses. He would make a strategy that suits to their strengths and stops the 'intruders' or 'enemy' from exploiting their weaknesses. For example he could put rey in a position where it would allow her to get up close very easily which would stop them from exploiting her imo main weakness being distance.

The fact it never has is reason to suggest it can't. Using that same logic, it would be like me saying a bulletproof vest should stop bullets etc. However, even if we say bullets could be blocked by spells. Hermione doesn't have the reaction times to suggest she could stop one.

Umbridge uses protego to stop an arrow from a centaur therefore it should be able to stop a bullet

Also Hermoine can disarm her assailant or attacker before they can fire

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Old_Blighty

@thestarwarsguy:

He made a suit able to combat superman...

He didn't do this in 30 mins, he didn't do this with standard anything, and since he needed kryptonite gas to do anything to Supes. I would argue he didn't do it at all. The best feat that suit has is ripping a sink off a wall, and tanking street level attacks. And no, I'm not saying Supes is street level. I am saying that he dished out nothing a street leveller worth his salt couldn't do (in that fight).

Also batman won't make a strategy that improves their abilities/weaknesses. He would make a strategy that suits to their strengths and stops the 'intruders' or 'enemy' from exploiting their weaknesses. For example he could put rey in a position where it would allow her to get up close very easily which would stop them from exploiting her imo main weakness being distance.

That is a simple plan, you could do this yourself. Why waste a character for this plan?

Umbridge uses protego to stop an arrow from a centaur therefore it should be able to stop a bullet

An arrow moves ten times slower than a bullet. They aren't comparable.

Also Hermoine can disarm her assailant or attacker before they can fire

Really? You think that Hermione could draw faster than Wick? The trained hitman? The one man army? The legend? Even if this were true (it ain't), bullets move faster than spells. She would have to be quite a lot quicker on the draw if you think she can point, cast the spell, and have spell hit before Wick can pull the trigger.