#1 Posted by MetalGOD (380 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

PICCOLO (after his training with King Kai)

VS

No Caption Provided

NAIL

Morals On

Win by Death or KO

#2 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (680 posts) - - Show Bio

Piccolo did absolutely nothing after his training with King Kai before fusing with Nail. There is no way at all of knowing if he is half as strong as Nail was, or 10x stronger. Not a drop of evidence either way.

I think that it was implied that Piccolo might be stronger, just because of Nail's reaction to him while he was dying, but there is no way of knowing.

#3 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Piccolo: "Yes, yes, yes, yes... I can do this... I can win... yes, yes, yes"

#4 Posted by theONEtaichou (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

A winner cannot be found unless its in a book somewhere... Nail fought a Frieza so ridiculously powerful he was literally playing with . I see no reason Piccolo would fare better and thus the only reference that ties them both can't indicate a winner.

No-win

good day

#5 Posted by Carter_esque (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

Piccolo did absolutely nothing after his training with King Kai before fusing with Nail. There is no way at all of knowing if he is half as strong as Nail was, or 10x stronger. Not a drop of evidence either way.

I think that it was implied that Piccolo might be stronger, just because of Nail's reaction to him while he was dying, but there is no way of knowing.

#6 Posted by Limilicious (320 posts) - - Show Bio

I also don't think it was mentioned that whether this Namekian fusion was 1+1, (1+1)*1 or 1*1 with respect to their power levels (1 is just an arbitrary number). So, we start with Nail (42,000), who lost horribly to Frieza's first form (530,000), then we look at the fused Piccolo, who was doing incredibly well against Frieza's second form (1,000,000), like on par or better. We also know that after the fusion, Piccolo felt extremely better and felt that he's a lot more powerful. So I believe that it is not a 1+1 or 1*1 fusion. With that said, it basically means that there's no way to determine how strong Piccolo was after his death and training with King Kai. I can only guess but Nail did imply something indirectly.

Nail did comment on how powerful Piccolo is at the time they were talking before the fusion. Nail basically said that Piccolo is very strong but he's not sure if he's strong enough to beat Frieza. If Piccolo is just as strong as Nail, then Nail would've said Piccolo wouldn't stand a chance. So, while it is not explicitly or directly stated that Piccolo is stronger than Nail, Nail did say it indirectly.

A few other things to consider too. Goku's training with King Kai made him power up from 400ish to a base power of 8,000-9,000 and that was done in like 90 days or so. By the time Goku went to Namek and trained in his spaceship under up to 100x gravity, his power level was like 90,000. And that was the zenkai + 6 days of training. Vegeta had 18,000 during the Saiyan Saga and around 30,000 when fighting Zorbon and Dodoria, so that's like his power level after the battle with Goku with the zenkai. Piccolo being Namekian and not Saiyan shouldn't be able to have such drastic jumps. When Piccolo died, he had a power level of around 3,500 (around 400 when fighting Raditz). I don't know/remember how long Piccolo stayed at King Kai's planet to train, but it didn't seem longer than 90 days. So how Piccolo can jump from 3,500 to over 42,000 is a gigantic mystery to me. And 42,000 is a bare minimum too.

My source is the anime version. So if the manga version didn't have these kind of dialogues, then that's too bad.