Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Phoenix Wright: The Ace Attorney

No Caption Provided

Matt Murdock: The Man without Fear

No Caption Provided

The Premise:

Based on Turnabout Sisters, the 2nd case of Ace Attorney, except that Matt Murdock is prosecuting the case in place of Miles Edgeworth. Both are acting in character; Phoenix is focused on proving his client innocent while Murdock is focused on proving them guilty.

The Rules:

• Phoenix from the first game; he is still a Rookie Attorney at this point.
  • Current Murdock.
  • Neither are allowed to forge evidence or harm each other directly.
  • No anime feats allowed for Phoenix.
  • No tampering with evidence or such.
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Vertigo-

To be fair, Phoenix had a slam dunk of a case when he found out. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt pulled a Klavier and helped Phoenix convict Redd White. He's a good guy like that

TheAceAttorney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, Phoenix had a slam dunk of a case when he found out. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt pulled a Klavier and helped Phoenix convict Redd White. He's a good guy like that

While usually, that'd indeed be in character for Matt to do, he is dedicated to prove his client guilty.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theaceattorney: Matt's own "private" investigating would more then likely sway him to Phoenix's side. He's not all about the win like Miles was at the time. He's all about justice. Case in point is his most recent arc, where he lost an appeal at the state level on purpose, just to take it to the federal level to get what he wanted. He won that appeal.

TheAceAttorney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix takes some of this shit and some of that shit, mixes it together and says "case won baby" Too nice.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theaceattorney: Matt's own "private" investigating would more then likely sway him to Phoenix's side. He's not all about the win like Miles was at the time. He's all about justice. Case in point is his most recent arc, where he lost an appeal at the state level on purpose, just to take it to the federal level to get what he wanted. He won that appeal.

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

@blackestnight93 said:

Avatar image for i_cato_sicarius
I_Cato_Sicarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax said:

@deathhero61:

@deathhero61 said:
@blackestnight93 said:

I do feel that a better case to pick would've been Farewell, My Turnabout rather than Turnabout Sisters.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it helps that the Phoenix Wright universe functions on a kangaroo court lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-604f8f087c7dd
deactivated-604f8f087c7dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt would win if he wanted to.

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax said:

@ssjbatdan: But Phoenix defeated von karma.

Like I care!

Nah, j/k, what's so significant about that?

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: @ssjbatdan: seems like you didn't play the games. So on the trilogy phoenix goes against 4 prosecutors. But 3 are important here. This is because the other one is important for the story of the games so I can't talk too much. Also who he is too is important to the story. So the three I am talking about are - Miles Edgeworth, Manfred Von Karma and Franziska Von Karma. The thing about these prosecutors is that all 3 of them never lost a case before meeting Phoenix. Miles edgeworth is a genius prosecutor who is well a genius and never lost a case after starting at around 20 years till he met Phoenix. Dude was ruthless and uses forged evidence. Franziska is another genius who became a prosecutor at the age of 13 or 14. She never lost a case either until she met Phoenix. Now Manfred is the God of prosecutors. He never lost a case in his 40 year old career. Also he only ever got one single penalty. Phoenix defeated all 3 of them. Phoenix also defeated a girl who was dead and proved the guilt of the chief police.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax said:

@ssjbatdan: @ssjbatdan: seems like you didn't play the games. So on the trilogy phoenix goes against 4 prosecutors. But 3 are important here. This is because the other one is important for the story of the games so I can't talk too much. Also who he is too is important to the story. So the three I am talking about are - Miles Edgeworth, Manfred Von Karma and Franziska Von Karma. The thing about these prosecutors is that all 3 of them never lost a case before meeting Phoenix. Miles edgeworth is a genius prosecutor who is well a genius and never lost a case after starting at around 20 years till he met Phoenix. Dude was ruthless and uses forged evidence. Franziska is another genius who became a prosecutor at the age of 13 or 14. She never lost a case either until she met Phoenix. Now Manfred is the God of prosecutors. He never lost a case in his 40 year old career. Also he only ever got one single penalty. Phoenix defeated all 3 of them. Phoenix also defeated a girl who was dead and proved the guilt of the chief police.

Just saying people never lost a case doesn't really prove they are smart. I mean, Matt goes against corruption all the time.

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: @ssjbatdan: It does mean they are smart. The defense attorneys in ace Attorney consists of mia fey, Grossenberg, gregory edgeworth etc so they are no slouch. And they are called geniuses all the time. Also I have to go into spoliers now but von karma wasn't found guilty after committing a crime for a long time. 15 years to be more precise. Phoenix found him guilty AT THE LAST DAY BEFORE THE CASE'S STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ENDS. The police were so desperate in the case that they had spirit mediums do some work but even they couldn't find the truth. An innocent man was almost found guilty too. Also you didn't even listen to Phoenix defeating a girl from the dead and proving that the chief police is guilty. Going out of the trilogy the entire apollo justice game proved how amazing Phoenix is. It's the entire game so I have to tell the entire game. I suggest you watch a walkthrough or something especially the 4th case. Coming to dd he ended the dark age to the law. The entire 5th case in it showed how badass Phoenix Wright is. He found the phantom, proved athena innocent in such a tough situation, defeated miles edgeworth again who is chief prosecutor now and Phoenix was dismissed from law for 7 years yet he still did it, ended the dark age of the law, solved a 7 year old case and found the guilty person of that case innocent as well etc. It was one hell of a case for Phoenix. In SoJ he's called legendary Phoenix Wright because of how badass he became especially when we don't control him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax said:

@ssjbatdan: @ssjbatdan: It does mean they are smart. The defense attorneys in ace Attorney consists of mia fey, Grossenberg, gregory edgeworth etc so they are no slouch. And they are called geniuses all the time. Also I have to go into spoliers now but von karma wasn't found guilty after committing a crime for a long time. 15 years to be more precise. Phoenix found him guilty AT THE LAST DAY BEFORE THE CASE'S STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ENDS. The police were so desperate in the case that they had spirit mediums do some work but even they couldn't find the truth. An innocent man was almost found guilty too. Also you didn't even listen to Phoenix defeating a girl from the dead and proving that the chief police is guilty. Going out of the trilogy the entire apollo justice game proved how amazing Phoenix is. It's the entire game so I have to tell the entire game. I suggest you watch a walkthrough or something especially the 4th case. Coming to dd he ended the dark age to the law. The entire 5th case in it showed how badass Phoenix Wright is. He found the phantom, proved athena innocent in such a tough situation, defeated miles edgeworth again who is chief prosecutor now and Phoenix was dismissed from law for 7 years yet he still did it, ended the dark age of the law, solved a 7 year old case and found the guilty person of that case innocent as well etc. It was one hell of a case for Phoenix. In SoJ he's called legendary Phoenix Wright because of how badass he became especially when we don't control him.

I mean, just being called a genius and talking to ghosts don't make you smart. I did watch the anime, by the way, and have seen playthroughs of some of the cases. A lot of Pheonix Wright is a joke about how whack the Japanese legal system is. Matt has made so many incredible gambits in his career. I wish I was better versed in him to state them off the top of my head.

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: the anime is completely different from the games. I watched the anime and I was amazed by how different it is. I think anime decided to take a different approach. Anyway if the entire world calls you a genius you aren't smart? What logic is that? You have to play all the games yourself. Trust me they are amazing. Yes it's a joke but a lot of cases are serious. And phoenix didn't just talk to ghosts. He proved the ghost was guilty. Also this isn't your average ghost. This is a serious villain. Killed many people. She got executed. And the ghost had a twin sister which means the innocent sister was blamed. Phoenix proved her innocence. Also you still didn't talk about some of the cases like the phantom, aj and chief police. Also in the chief police case your client literally confesses. Still you prove her innocence, prove gant's guilt AND prove his guilt from YEARS AGO OF ANOTHER MYSTERIOUS CASE. You need to present more of Matt's feats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax said:

@ssjbatdan: the anime is completely different from the games. I watched the anime and I was amazed by how different it is. I think anime decided to take a different approach. Anyway if the entire world calls you a genius you aren't smart? What logic is that? You have to play all the games yourself. Trust me they are amazing. Yes it's a joke but a lot of cases are serious. And phoenix didn't just talk to ghosts. He proved the ghost was guilty. Also this isn't your average ghost. This is a serious villain. Killed many people. She got executed. And the ghost had a twin sister which means the innocent sister was blamed. Phoenix proved her innocence. Also you still didn't talk about some of the cases like the phantom, aj and chief police. Also in the chief police case your client literally confesses. Still you prove her innocence, prove gant's guilt AND prove his guilt from YEARS AGO OF ANOTHER MYSTERIOUS CASE. You need to present more of Matt's feats

My point is, it doesn't really matter to just call someone a genius if your opponents are inept. Like, what actually makes any of these feats noteworthy? What were the situations/how did Pheonix utilize his intelligence to crack the case?

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: I will give you the important links of walkthroughs

https://youtu.be/UC1rDiyw8_4

https://youtu.be/KJuPZdghP70

https://youtu.be/7op8T6PbvnM

https://youtu.be/nUMi_zc7fas

https://youtu.be/C8_7RgRO_M8

BONUS CASES:

https://youtu.be/jCnG01rfwcc

https://youtu.be/F9iO03jS3cM

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: yes. If you played the games you know how smart they actually are. And how Phoenix thinks outside the box. I gave you a list of walkthroughs right? They show how smart they are and how Phoenix solved them.

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: But most of them are 4-8 hrs so yeah it's long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it is first game only, so which ones apply to that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax: Actually, are there any highlights? You can't actually expect me to watch 8 hour long videos for a debate thread.

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: yeah I thought so. I couldn't find any highlights. But I think I saw all those videos divided into different parts. Can you watch them?

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or I can give you some highlights

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But my highlights are basically what I said before. You should try playing the games. But can you present Matt's feats now?