• 108 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for shiver
#1 Posted by Shiver (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Who

Avatar image for shiver
#2 Posted by Shiver (17 posts) - - Show Bio

who will win?

Avatar image for the_ghostshell
#3 Posted by The_Ghostshell (83694 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix

Avatar image for phoenix_phan
#4 Posted by Phoenix Phan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

There was already a semi-battle in an issue of Excalibur. This was the Rachel Summers Phoenix.

Avatar image for satyrquaze
#5 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta give it to Galactus, despite him being the jobber of the MU.

Avatar image for bane_delete
#6 Posted by Bane_delete (828 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its pretty clear.

Avatar image for satyrquaze
#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for shatteredkatana
#8 Posted by shatteredKatana (7 posts) - - Show Bio

galactus hes already been proven to be a necessity in order for the marvel universe to exist and plus he's part of the great powers of the universe isnt that saying enough

Avatar image for the_ghostshell
#9 Posted by The_Ghostshell (83694 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for demigod
#10 Posted by Demigod (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix is a cosmic entity. An eternal being and one that which cannot be destroyed like a soul. She consumes and gives life. The phoenix already existed long before the creation of galaxies. Only the body of Jean can be destroyed.

Both are consumers of galaxies and are one of the top most powerful beings in the marvel world.

Galactus is a higher being but he can be destroyed.

Phoenix will win.

Avatar image for demise
#11 Posted by Demise (37 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to galactus

Avatar image for phoenixstorm
#12 Posted by PhoenixStorm (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix will win. she is far more powerful

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#13 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus wins against Phoenix, but....

Demigod said:

"

Phoenix is a cosmic entity. An eternal being and one that which cannot be destroyed like a soul. She consumes and gives life. The phoenix already existed long before the creation of galaxies. Only the body of Jean can be destroyed.

Both are consumers of galaxies and are one of the top most powerful beings in the marvel world.

Galactus is a higher being but he can be destroyed.

Phoenix will win.

"

the Phoenix Force itself on the other hand is responsable for destroying the universe that exsisted before this one and both saving
and recreating Galactus into what he is now. The Phoenix Force would pwn Galactus. It could literally strip him of the being that
it gave him in the first place or even worse, consume the energy from a place and part of time in the past  where Galan exsisted
without even going there and pwn him before it begins.

Avatar image for x_men_codename__phoenix
#14 Posted by x-men codename: Phoenix (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix all the way!

Avatar image for chaos_agent
#15 Posted by Chaos Agent (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#16 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

to clarify what i just said, as i made it somewhat confusing....

Galactus pwns...

No Caption Provided
Galactus also pwns...

No Caption Provided
but Galactus gets pwned by...

No Caption Provided




Avatar image for lunacyde
#17 Posted by Lunacyde (26623 posts) - - Show Bio
CATMANEXE said:
"to clarify what i just said, as i made it somewhat confusing....

Galactus pwns...

No Caption Provided
Galactus also pwns...

No Caption Provided
but Galactus gets pwned by...

No Caption Provided
"

Couldn't have said it better
Moderator
Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
CATMANEXE said:
"Galactus wins against Phoenix, but....

Demigod said:
"

Phoenix is a cosmic entity. An eternal being and one that which cannot be destroyed like a soul. She consumes and gives life. The phoenix already existed long before the creation of galaxies. Only the body of Jean can be destroyed.

Both are consumers of galaxies and are one of the top most powerful beings in the marvel world.

Galactus is a higher being but he can be destroyed.

Phoenix will win.

"
the Phoenix Force itself on the other hand is responsable for destroying the universe that exsisted before this one and both saving and recreating Galactus into what he is now. The Phoenix Force would pwn Galactus. It could literally strip him of the being thatit gave him in the first place or even worse, consume the energy from a place and part of time in the past  where Galan exsistedwithout even going there and pwn him before it begins."
I would have to disagree with the phoenix force saving him because in his latest origin story she has no mention of helping him
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#19 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"CATMANEXE said:
"Galactus wins against Phoenix, but....

Demigod said:
"

Phoenix is a cosmic entity. An eternal being and one that which cannot be destroyed like a soul. She consumes and gives life. The phoenix already existed long before the creation of galaxies. Only the body of Jean can be destroyed.

Both are consumers of galaxies and are one of the top most powerful beings in the marvel world.

Galactus is a higher being but he can be destroyed.

Phoenix will win.

"
the Phoenix Force itself on the other hand is responsable for destroying the universe that exsisted before this one and both saving and recreating Galactus into what he is now. The Phoenix Force would pwn Galactus. It could literally strip him of the being thatit gave him in the first place or even worse, consume the energy from a place and part of time in the past  where Galan exsistedwithout even going there and pwn him before it begins."
I would have to disagree with the phoenix force saving him because in his latest origin story she has no mention of helping him"
just because it wasnt mentioned in that case doesnt mean it wasnt the time it was mentioned,
which it isnt pointed out often.


Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#20 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio
Galactus is the only survivor of the universe that existed before the Big Bang. He was actually born billions of years ago on the planet Taa. Taa was a paradise world. Galactus was fately born during the last years of his universe just as the Big Crunch was approaching. He persuaded some crewman to fly with himself in a space vessel into the Big Crunch as  a sort of last act of Heroism to his people. Everyone else on the ship died and thats when the Phoenix Force saved him and brought him to the new Universe as a cosmic egg.
The Sentience of the Universe merges with Galan in the cosmic egg
The Sentience of the Universe merges with Galan in the cosmic egg

Galactus was created along with his starship and the embodiments of Death and Eternity. He stayed here, inert, for billions of years. His ship became an incubation chamber and Galactus stayed there for several hundreds of years. During a space war, his ship was fired upon and Galactus was awakened. This was the first time Galactus fed upon the energy of a planet.










----------------------

also to mention............

The Phoenix Force is an immortal entity and is the prime universal force of life. it was born of the void, between states of being. It is the origin of all psionic energy will exist forever in all realities of the omniverse. The Phoenix Force has the power to cut and regrow any part of the universe or destroy it entirely.

The Force encountered the notorious Le Bete Noir, another cosmic entity on par, or possibly more powerful than itself. This was around the time of the start of the universe. The Phoenix was able to trap Noir inside of Earth while the planet was still in the cooling process.

When it spent its time as a sentient entity, it traveled the vast universe. At first, it was a formless mass of energy, but when it came to Earth, thousands of years ago, and met a magician named Feron, a worshiper of the Phoenix, whose visions prompted the Phoenix to adopt the firebird form it has today.                  

When the Phoenix was in Rachel, Galactus tried to takethe Phoenix apart. When he put Rachel in the machine, stars started to fade away. Roma told Galactus that she is the embodiment of life. A Watcher tells him that if he kills the Phoenix all life in the Universe will cease to exist and no life will ever come about it.

-----

so what someone mentioned nefore was true as well, but in Battle customs i contend that

1.) Being contained wins the fight, furthermore in a Vs battle Galactus doesnt have to care about the aftermath

2.) while within a host body, the host has been knocked out and the PF did not respond.


Avatar image for _fade_
#21 Posted by [fade] (106 posts) - - Show Bio
CATMANEXE said:
"Galactus is the only survivor of the universe that existed before the Big Bang. He was actually born billions of years ago on the planet Taa. Taa was a paradise world. Galactus was fately born during the last years of his universe just as the Big Crunch was approaching. He persuaded some crewman to fly with himself in a space vessel into the Big Crunch as  a sort of last act of Heroism to his people. Everyone else on the ship died and thats when the Phoenix Force saved him and brought him to the new Universe as a cosmic egg.
The Sentience of the Universe merges with Galan in the cosmic egg
The Sentience of the Universe merges with Galan in the cosmic egg

Galactus was created along with his starship and the embodiments of Death and Eternity. He stayed here, inert, for billions of years. His ship became an incubation chamber and Galactus stayed there for several hundreds of years. During a space war, his ship was fired upon and Galactus was awakened. This was the first time Galactus fed upon the energy of a planet.










----------------------

also to mention............

The Phoenix Force is an immortal entity and is the prime universal force of life. it was born of the void, between states of being. It is the origin of all psionic energy will exist forever in all realities of the omniverse. The Phoenix Force has the power to cut and regrow any part of the universe or destroy it entirely.

The Force encountered the notorious Le Bete Noir, another cosmic entity on par, or possibly more powerful than itself. This was around the time of the start of the universe. The Phoenix was able to trap Noir inside of Earth while the planet was still in the cooling process.

When it spent its time as a sentient entity, it traveled the vast universe. At first, it was a formless mass of energy, but when it came to Earth, thousands of years ago, and met a magician named Feron, a worshiper of the Phoenix, whose visions prompted the Phoenix to adopt the firebird form it has today.                  

When the Phoenix was in Rachel, Galactus tried to takethe Phoenix apart. When he put Rachel in the machine, stars started to fade away. Roma told Galactus that she is the embodiment of life. A Watcher tells him that if he kills the Phoenix all life in the Universe will cease to exist and no life will ever come about it.

-----

so what someone mentioned nefore was true as well, but in Battle customs i contend that

1.) Being contained wins the fight, furthermore in a Vs battle Galactus doesnt have to care about the aftermath

2.) while within a host body, the host has been knocked out and the PF did not respond.


"
Well, not much to argue with here....
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Pheonix.

Avatar image for randumo24
#23 Posted by randumo24 (4816 posts) - - Show Bio

phoenix

Avatar image for king_saturn
#24 Posted by King Saturn (221540 posts) - - Show Bio
Phoenix Force wins
Avatar image for warlock2792
#25 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix.  Sure, there probably won't be any more children left for the future, but she will end him.

Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio

Sloth Force

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#27 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Sloth Force"
your sloth force loses the me being DC and marvel in a  whole HA i win :P
Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
#28 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

Big G

Avatar image for power_nexus
#29 Posted by Power NeXus (10283 posts) - - Show Bio

Next time you think of a thread like this, check the search bar first. This has been done before.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
#30 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Sloth Force"

Avatar image for mrdirector786
#31 Posted by MrDirector786 (44034 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for randumo24
#32 Posted by randumo24 (4816 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#33 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for power_nexus
#34 Posted by Power NeXus (10283 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
""
i rofl'd!
Avatar image for biackflash
#35 Posted by BIackFlash (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix beat Galactus in a tough fight but it was a false victory since Galactus was almost dying of starvation


Satyrquaze said:

"

"

where is that pic from?
Avatar image for power_nexus
#36 Posted by Power NeXus (10283 posts) - - Show Bio
BIackFlash said:
"Phoenix beat Galactus in a tough fight but it was a false victory since Galactus was almost dying of starvation


Satyrquaze said:
"

"
where is that pic from?"
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Avatar image for biackflash
#37 Posted by BIackFlash (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, looks cool. Guess I should check it out

Avatar image for power_nexus
#38 Posted by Power NeXus (10283 posts) - - Show Bio
BIackFlash said:
"Thanks, looks cool. Guess I should check it out"

Yeah, it's a pretty wickedawesome game.
Avatar image for randumo24
#39 Posted by randumo24 (4816 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a weaker version of phoenix as well, actually white phoenix is stronger than phoenix force anyways. also like they say, the phoenix brought him into this universe, and she taketh away all the same.

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
#40 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

Big G

Avatar image for tevnoba
#41 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
randumo24 said:
"it was a weaker version of phoenix as well, actually white phoenix is stronger than phoenix force anyways. also like they say, the phoenix brought him into this universe, and she taketh away all the same."
White Crown Phoenix is not Stronger than the Phoenix Force.  That's like saying a single special forces person is stronger then the entire military.  White Crown Phoenix is still ONLY PART of the Phoenix Force.
Avatar image for randumo24
#42 Posted by randumo24 (4816 posts) - - Show Bio


and that was a weaker rachael phoenix
Avatar image for randumo24
#43 Posted by randumo24 (4816 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"randumo24 said:
"it was a weaker version of phoenix as well, actually white phoenix is stronger than phoenix force anyways. also like they say, the phoenix brought him into this universe, and she taketh away all the same."
White Crown Phoenix is not Stronger than the Phoenix Force.  That's like saying a single special forces person is stronger then the entire military.  White Crown Phoenix is still ONLY PART of the Phoenix Force."

no, it even says that jean was a missing part of the phoenix force, so when she became white phoenix she was completely merged with it making the phoenx whole, it couldnt be without her, and white phoenix was the most powerful incarnation.
Avatar image for cracks
#44 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix Force itself, at full power and Galactus, at full power both have infinite power, so it is impossible to know who would defeat the other.

Avatar image for caligula
#45 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
@randumo24 said:
"and that was a weaker rachael phoenix "

it was also Galactus, on the verge of Dying from hunger as well. this is moot.
Avatar image for edamame
#46 Posted by Edamame (30932 posts) - - Show Bio

All Galactus would do is just use the Ultimate Nullifier.  
 
@CATMANEXE said:

" Galactus is the only survivor of the universe that existed before the Big Bang. He was actually born billions of years ago on the planet Taa. Taa was a paradise world. Galactus was fately born during the last years of his universe just as the Big Crunch was approaching. He persuaded some crewman to fly with himself in a space vessel into the Big Crunch as  a sort of last act of Heroism to his people. Everyone else on the ship died and thats when the Phoenix Force saved him and brought him to the new Universe as a cosmic egg.
The Sentience of the Universe merges with Galan in the cosmic egg
The Sentience of the Universe merges with Galan in the cosmic egg

Galactus was created along with his starship and the embodiments of Death and Eternity. He stayed here, inert, for billions of years. His ship became an incubation chamber and Galactus stayed there for several hundreds of years. During a space war, his ship was fired upon and Galactus was awakened. This was the first time Galactus fed upon the energy of a planet.










----------------------

also to mention............

The Phoenix Force is an immortal entity and is the prime universal force of life. it was born of the void, between states of being. It is the origin of all psionic energy will exist forever in all realities of the omniverse. The Phoenix Force has the power to cut and regrow any part of the universe or destroy it entirely.

The Force encountered the notorious Le Bete Noir, another cosmic entity on par, or possibly more powerful than itself. This was around the time of the start of the universe. The Phoenix was able to trap Noir inside of Earth while the planet was still in the cooling process.

When it spent its time as a sentient entity, it traveled the vast universe. At first, it was a formless mass of energy, but when it came to Earth, thousands of years ago, and met a magician named Feron, a worshiper of the Phoenix, whose visions prompted the Phoenix to adopt the firebird form it has today.                  

When the Phoenix was in Rachel, Galactus tried to takethe Phoenix apart. When he put Rachel in the machine, stars started to fade away. Roma told Galactus that she is the embodiment of life. A Watcher tells him that if he kills the Phoenix all life in the Universe will cease to exist and no life will ever come about it.

-----

so what someone mentioned nefore was true as well, but in Battle customs i contend that

1.) Being contained wins the fight, furthermore in a Vs battle Galactus doesnt have to care about the aftermath

2.) while within a host body, the host has been knocked out and the PF did not respond.


"

Galactus is also needed.
Avatar image for cylondorado
#47 Edited by CylonDorado (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Galactus, like, almost kill the phoenix, but stopped because it would kill all life ever... or something... I don't know. I don't remember where I heard that. 
 
It does seem to be in favor of the Phoenix, in spite of how the Phoenix in general doesn't make much sense to  me.

Avatar image for edamame
#48 Posted by Edamame (30932 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado: Well, Black Celestial Arc depicts Galactus as a multi-versal threat, and so is the Phoenix Force, but the Phoenix Force has less impressive feats, overall. 
Avatar image for edamame
#49 Posted by Edamame (30932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
"

"
Love that pic.
Avatar image for lordofthebrocean
#50 Posted by lordofthebrocean (885 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided