Phaser set to Vaporize: Which in the list can survive it?

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magethor

When a phaser is set to vaporize, it breaks apart molecular bonds between atoms. When atoms are no longer adjoined, the molecule will be no more. Basically. If a person or object is in contact with the frequency of a phaser, they become free floating atoms.

Due to Paramount's copy rights, youtube doesn't have any scenes of the phaser set to vaporized, so I will use these demonstration videos to give an idea of what a phaser can do.

And here are the list of character that are to try to resist the effects or molecular bond reversal.

1. Batman (with normal armor on)
  2. Clayface
  3. Ironman (with extremist, but NO SHIELDS ON. The phaser must contact the armor)
  4. Megatron (No Shields)
  5. Captain America (with Shield)
  6. Wolverine
  7. Storm (With Lighting and Wind Shielding)
  8. Colossus
  9. Thing
  10. Rhino
  11. Superman
  12. Thor
  13. Juggernaut
  14. Hulk (when angered)
  15. Green Lantern (With Light Construct on, but no powered up shielding)
  16. Silver Surfer
  17. Proteus
  18. Goku (When powering up: Aura Shield)
  19. Mad Jim Jaspers (when he is not aware that you are firing at him)
  20. Thanos (he is just standing. No shields)
  21. Galactus (No shields. Hungered)
  22. T-1000
  23. Mephisto (when Mephisto is not aware)
  24. Mirror Master (No shielding, Phaser must make contact with his body)
  25. A Daimond
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fetts

Batman (with normal armor on)- Yes 
 Clayface- Yes 
 Ironman (with extremist, but NO SHIELDS ON. The phaser must contact the armor)- No 
 Megatron (No Shields)- No 
 Captain America (with Shield)- No 
 Wolverine-Yes. The adamantium skeleton will remain but everything else will be vaporized. 
 Storm (With Lighting and Wind Shielding)-Not sure. 
 Colossus- No 
 Thing- 
 No Rhino- I dunno 
 Superman- No 
 Thor- No  
Juggernaut- No  
Hulk (when angered)- No 
 Green Lantern (With Light Construct on, but no powered up shielding)- Maybe? Dunno exactly how weak a light construct would be. 
 Silver Surfer- No 
 Proteus- Don't know him. 
 Goku (When powering up: Aura Shield)- No 
 Mad Jim Jaspers (when he is not aware that you are firing at him)-Don't know enough about him. 
 Thanos (he is just standing. No shields)- No 
 Galactus (No shields. Hungered)- No 
 T-1000- Yes 
 Mephisto (when Mephisto is not aware)- Don't know enough about him 
 Mirror Master (No shielding, Phaser must make contact with his body)- Assumably yes. I don't think he has superhuman durability 
 A Diamond- Probably
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

@Fetts:

Do they ever establish why a phaser rifle is stronger than a phaser pistol...? Because the pistol definitely has more feats that put it above the rifle as far as I know....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay: I haven't heard of that before. A phaser pistol is much faster and has the ability to vaporize people and objects. I couldn't tell you why that is. Normally people would think a rifle is more powerful than a pistol, and in most cases they'd be right. So perhaps they just think a rifle is better because a rifle is better in just about every case? That'd be my best guess.
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Floopay

@Fetts said:

@Floopay: I haven't heard of that before. A phaser pistol is much faster and has the ability to vaporize people and objects. I couldn't tell you why that is. Normally people would think a rifle is more powerful than a pistol, and in most cases they'd be right. So perhaps they just think a rifle is better because a rifle is better in just about every case? That'd be my best guess.

Yeah, always wondered that.

I assume it's more powerful, but it has next to zero relevant feats...and essentially the exact same settings.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay said:

@Fetts said:

Yeah, always wondered that.

I assume it's more powerful, but it has next to zero relevant feats...and essentially the exact same settings.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yeah I agree. I don't know what's up with that.
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Floopay: Probably because it has a larger charge pack and iirc a larger crystal that allowed a higher output.

Quote from Memory Alpha: According to DS9: "Field of Fire", normal phaser weaponry was useless inside a dampening field. In the episodeVOY: "Night", CaptainJaneway utilized a compression phaser rifle inside the USS Voyager, while the ship was trapped and defenseless in the Night Alien dampening field. So at least in this regard the rifle appeared to be more advanced.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magethor

Bump.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThanoStomp

Thanos and Thor can both withstand it. Thanos has taken shots from stronger than phaser. And even if he couldn't withstand it he'd come back because he can't be killed. He's come back from anti-matter grenades, that reduced him to almost nothing. Thor has withstood the Destroyer's disintegration beam so, no problem there.

I also think Juggs could take it. Silver Surfer has had his molecules dispersed and was able to reform, so he could take it to.

If Supes can take Omega Beams or Omega Effect, than I would say he could take the phaser as well.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@Floopay said:

@Fetts:

Do they ever establish why a phaser rifle is stronger than a phaser pistol...? Because the pistol definitely has more feats that put it above the rifle as far as I know....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Probably because a longer barrel means it has more time to focus the energy into a stronger blast. There's also a good reason as to why smaller ships like the defiant which only have one directional phaser beamers seem to have better firepower than omnidirectional phaser strips; any particle collide type weapon's output would be hampered by being required to come out of any direction after a relatively short track, while a simple long tube would allow it a greater build up of energy.

Of course asking Star Trek for sensible military design philosophy (or indeed, the slightest idea of how a military works at all) is like asking a mongol horde not to turn a wealthy village into a flaming pin cushion.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump