Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hermoor

The Phantom vs Batman

No Caption Provided

The Phantom isn't allowed or it's against his morals to kill someone, so they would fight until knockout. There is no preparation and they battle it out either in the Bengali jungle or in Gotham city. Batman hasn't got any of his vehicles to help him only his small handy tools. The Phantom has two revolvers and a 18th century sword.

No Caption Provided
HulkGod1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HulkGod1994

After looking up who the phantom is, I would say he wins over batman. Batman is more of a stealth/ambush type of guy while the phantom seems to be more of a tarzan/zorro kind of guy. If one combines zorro with tarzan one gets one smart and dangerous foe. The Phantom seems also to have at least the intelect of Batman if not smarter. I say phantom wins.

sionb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sionb

Batman.

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hermoor

@sionb: What is your source of information?

I bet my money on the phantom, can someone tell me what feats Batman has. Because sadly I'm not as well educated in the Batman comic books as I am with the phantom comic books. I'm just going to throw out one impressive feat of the phantom.

He wrestled with two lions using only his bare hands and won. I don't know but didn't Batman have problem with Jokers dogs? There are many more impressive things the phantom has done that I doubt Batman could even get close to. I'm waiting to be proven wrong, until that time I say Phantom wins.

Mysterioz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mysterioz

Deactivate batman piss or PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity) and this battle will be fair

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hermoor

Actually, I would probably take it one step further. The Phantom hasn't got any special super powers. But he has by living in the jungle developed on a natural level super human senses. Very much like daredevil except he actually can see. I would say he could probably beat the Hulk, since the hulk actually is about as dumb as a gorilla.

The Phantom has fought and won over opponents like the above, without super powers. Batman vs Phantom is indeed not fair, Bruce wayne is weak in comparison. I think a more fitting topic title would be the Hulk vs the Phantom, now that would be a fight.

http://smorkin.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/fantomen-krokodilgudens-tempel-2.jpg?w=495&h=756

Also:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WwesQGTLhoE/S68eWHqO_cI/AAAAAAAADVY/eSnam86_XCs/s1600/Fantomen+av+Giordano.jpg

HulkGod1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HulkGod1994
I would say he could probably beat the Hulk, since the hulk actually is about as dumb as a gorilla.

Give me some of what you smoking brother, you must be out of your mid if you think some kind of Tarzan/Batman hero can defeat the Hulk. Sure he would probably win over Batman but the Hulk??!! O.o

sionb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sionb
sionb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sionb

@Hermoor said: I think a more fitting topic title would be the Hulk vs the Phantom, now that would be a fight.

Yeah, you can't be serious.
PaperRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PaperRonin

I like Phantom.

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Billdevil

Similar characters, similar motivations, but Batman is just a better fighter, and has faced better fighter. He’ll disarm Phantom from a distance and take him apart. IMP. Nether can take the Hulk.

Mysterioz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mysterioz

Phantom has powers though.

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hermoor
but Batman is just a better fighter

For some reason I doubt Batman could take on two lions at once and win. (With his bare hands). Also how would Batman disarm the phantom from a distance? It's not like the phantom really needs his guns or sword to beat Batman.

Phantom has powers though.

His ring has no powers, it's just in the movie they made it shoot lasers. He punches bad guys with his right hand and good guys...who just need to sleep maybe for their own protection with his left. leaving the bad mark when he punches with his right. (Due to frog poison) Which leads to an interesting thought...would the phantom be forced to only punch with his left hand towards Batman...since batman isn't really evil? I think the phantom is right handed btw...

I would have to say if they fight with morals Phantom would lose, he just don't want to punch Batman up too hard. Batman the other hand, is a beast when he is in suit. Phantom keeps his calm in the heat of battle. Also Batman has armored suit, but if phantom has beaten two lions at once with fists I see no reason why he couldn't punch his way through Batmans suit.

Relentless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Relentless
No Caption Provided

Bruce beats 15 ninja manbats. 15 ninja manbats> 2 lions, Batman's got this fight.

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hermoor

@Relentless: Is that his best feat ninja manbats? The phantom has been hunted in the jungle by a group of elite commandos and taken down them all. He has also fought an orangutang and won. Also ninja manbats aren't as dangerous as elite commandos. And an orangutang has enormous physical power. An orangutang would beat the fuck out of Batman easily. They can lift like 1,2 tons and their arms have got a certain skeletal structure which makes it possible for them to carry a lot of tearing.

Put Batman up against 12 elite commandos in the jungle and he is dead. Make Batman fight in a fist fight with an orangutang and two lions and he is dead in seconds. The only thing Batman has going for him is stealth, which means if he hides from the phantom he maybe could ambush him and deliver a killing blow. But I doubt it since the phantom has grown up in the jungle and got the ears of a cat.

No Caption Provided

Another way the Batman could probably win is if the phantom don't want to hurt him. Since Batman really is a good guy the phantom wouldn't want to hit him too hard. Then he would have to play the same game he does with the elite commando guy in the comic to your left.

He would be trying to knockout batman by throwing stones at him. With morals the fight would be harder for the phantom, but without morals Batman would be dead in seconds.

Relentless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Relentless

@Hermoor: No it isn't his best feat. Batman himself can bench press a ton and he fights Bane who is easily a two tonner. Batman also has some ridiculous strength feats such as punching through azooka proof glass, kicking over a tree and ripping open a car trunk. He beat grundy using pressure points and took down a bouncer using 2 fingers. check out this link it has a lot of scans http://www.comicvine.com/batman/29-1699/batman-respect-thread/92-627497/

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hermoor

@Relentless: Some of those scans are questionable at best, I mean there is no human that can kick down a tree. The author is exagerrating his strength. Bench press one ton is also highly questionable. Sure pushing a truck or punching through glass isn't that suprising. But there simply is no human that can bench press 1 ton.

Also even if he could lift one ton which btw is how much a hippo weighs. The phantom already beat an orangutang, here is a quote from a animal website:

The orangutan can kill a crocodile with its hands. A 135 lb female chimpanzee at the Bronx Zoo pulled over 1,000 lbs with one arm

The Phantom defeated a WILD orangutang, I'm not sure if it was a female or male orangutang. But still even if Batman could bench press 1 ton, which I highly doubt. An orangutang is stronger than Batman, and the phantom defeated an orangutang so benchpressing one ton really doesn't matter. There is also the question of natural strenght vs trained strength. Batman probably just know how to use his muscles to lift 1 ton from a benchpressing pose. He probably wouldn't be able to deliver punches with that force.

Since the phantom usually doesn't bench press, but actually fights lions and villains in the jungles and on pirate ships etc. I don't know how much he can lift, but I would say the phantom has more natural strenght. As he has developed it not by pushing iron...but by growing up in the jungle using his body naturally every day. He has no routines...which makes his body and strenght have more I would say experience and ability to adapt. I bet the phantom is more in control of his strength and body than the Batman.

Also the Batman has problems in his armored suit moving around naturally. If one looks at earlier comic books Batman can't turn his neck, and he still has problem with that in the movies at least. That would be a real handicap in the jungle...I don't see how you can argue for Batman after this point.

Some more feats at tha back of my head:

Phantom has infiltrated and brought down an entire pirate ship under the fearsome (Viking/pirate) captain Red Beard. He has fought a series of Gladiators from a dying isolated empire lost in the deep jungles. Gladiators btw are humans kept alive only to kill in arenas...I somehow doubt Batman could take down a gladiator with spear and sword. On the arena there is nowhere for batman to hide.

I'm sorry but I see no way for Batman to defeat the phantom...Batman relies too much on his technology to beat someone in a 1 vs 1.

sionb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sionb

You're low balling Batman.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Stompa

@Hermoor said:

@Relentless: Some of those scans are questionable at best, I mean there is no human that can kick down a tree. The author is exagerrating his strength. Bench press one ton is also highly questionable. Sure pushing a truck or punching through glass isn't that suprising. But there simply is no human that can bench press 1 ton.

Also even if he could lift one ton which btw is how much a hippo weighs. The phantom already beat an orangutang, here is a quote from a animal website:

The orangutan can kill a crocodile with its hands. A 135 lb female chimpanzee at the Bronx Zoo pulled over 1,000 lbs with one arm

The Phantom defeated a WILD orangutang, I'm not sure if it was a female or male orangutang. But still even if Batman could bench press 1 ton, which I highly doubt. An orangutang is stronger than Batman, and the phantom defeated an orangutang so benchpressing one ton really doesn't matter. There is also the question of natural strenght vs trained strength. Batman probably just know how to use his muscles to lift 1 ton from a benchpressing pose. He probably wouldn't be able to deliver punches with that force.

Since the phantom usually doesn't bench press, but actually fights lions and villains in the jungles and on pirate ships etc. I don't know how much he can lift, but I would say the phantom has more natural strenght. As he has developed it not by pushing iron...but by growing up in the jungle using his body naturally every day. He has no routines...which makes his body and strenght have more I would say experience and ability to adapt. I bet the phantom is more in control of his strength and body than the Batman.

Also the Batman has problems in his armored suit moving around naturally. If one looks at earlier comic books Batman can't turn his neck, and he still has problem with that in the movies at least. That would be a real handicap in the jungle...I don't see how you can argue for Batman after this point.

Some more feats at tha back of my head:

Phantom has infiltrated and brought down an entire pirate ship under the fearsome (Viking/pirate) captain Red Beard. He has fought a series of Gladiators from a dying isolated empire lost in the deep jungles. Gladiators btw are humans kept alive only to kill in arenas...I somehow doubt Batman could take down a gladiator with spear and sword. On the arena there is nowhere for batman to hide.

I'm sorry but I see no way for Batman to defeat the phantom...Batman relies too much on his technology to beat someone in a 1 vs 1.

You said yourself that you don´t have very much knowledge about Batman so you propably shouldn´t judge a battle in wich you don´t know one of the combatants. DC and Marvels street leveler are ridiculous strong and good at fighting because they constantly have to fight superpowered opponents. I have no idea about the Phantom so i am not sure if he could win this but the feats you have stated so far are nothing Batman couldn´t do too.

sionb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sionb
Relentless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Relentless

@Hermoor: Did you not see all the scans in the link, beating solomon grundy with pressure points (pis but still) and taking on the league of assassins. The league of assassins would easily own pirates and gladiators in a 1 on 1, and so would batman, he's trained in most if not every type of martial arts in the world. Batman in the jungle wouldn't be a disadvantage like you said he could go all stealthy and disappear into the trees. In thh op it says batman has his handy little gadgets so if that includes an anesthetic gas ball he could end the fight in seconds.

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hermoor
@Stompa: I have no idea about the Phantom so i am not sure if he could win this but the feats you have stated so far are nothing Batman couldn´t do too.

There is a difference between doing and "could probably do too". Since there are over 3000 swedish comic books of the phantom there are too many feats for me to list here. But I found some interesting ones that are a bit "supernatural" much like your man bats.

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/english-devilforrest%201.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/devilforrest%202.jpg

Above links are of when the phantom defeated summoned devils and a sorcerer. One could argue the devils are very much like Venom in nature, and the sorcerer's power is similar to that of dormamu or that green clothed guy. Batman would have little chance against venom in a fight...

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/norman%20worker%20memory-3.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/norman%20worker%20memory-4.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/norman%20worker%20memory-1.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/ph-history%20rhodoksen%20aarre.jpg

The phantom has also been crowned the "Guardian of the Eastern Dark" when he saved king richard in jerusalem during the holy war. Maybe not a very impressive feat, but still it's a title that one should respect. In this story he actually killed people as well...

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/english%20extrajobs%20image-7.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/english%20extrajobs%20image-8.jpg

The phantom fighting a tiger on a gladiator arena, tigers are stronger than lions. Another impressive feat...

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/wild%20image%201.jpg

Here is a page of phantom being hanged...and surviving. I wonder if Batman could be hanged and still survive? Has he got the neck for that?? i got tons of more feats in my backpocket, I'm still not convinced that Batman has any chance at all against phantom. The phantom has a much more impressive resume than Batman.

The thing is Batman is probably stronger with his batmobile and his sidekick robin...(lol). But without his computer and his bat-jet and all his money. In a 1 vs 1 fight with about anyone he is quite weak. One could probably take Batman from gotham city place him in medeival europe and every warrior within the military forces of russia or japan would be able to beat him.

The modern world is so much weaker than the world back in the 16th century...at the time where Phantom fought. Bane is probably not much stronger than a gladiator fighter during the roman's empire glory days.

HulkGod1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HulkGod1994

Dude Batman has beaten villains far greater than mere animals...you bring up lions and tigers as impressive feats. Batman has won over foes such a the joker and alligator man. If you accept cartoon series as canon, then look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPHSEWul5rU

Also you say being hanged is considered a feat? You got to be joking...anyway batman is THE batman. He has defeated superman...I bet he could take down Galactos if he could prepare for a day in advance. :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

When did Batman bench press a ton? Last time I heard it was a little over half a ton.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stompa

@Hermoor said:

@Stompa: I have no idea about the Phantom so i am not sure if he could win this but the feats you have stated so far are nothing Batman couldn´t do too.

There is a difference between doing and "could probably do too". Since there are over 3000 swedish comic books of the phantom there are too many feats for me to list here. But I found some interesting ones that are a bit "supernatural" much like your man bats.

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/english-devilforrest%201.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/devilforrest%202.jpg

Above links are of when the phantom defeated summoned devils and a sorcerer. One could argue the devils are very much like Venom in nature, and the sorcerer's power is similar to that of dormamu or that green clothed guy. Batman would have little chance against venom in a fight...

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/norman%20worker%20memory-3.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/norman%20worker%20memory-4.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/norman%20worker%20memory-1.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/ph-history%20rhodoksen%20aarre.jpg

The phantom has also been crowned the "Guardian of the Eastern Dark" when he saved king richard in jerusalem during the holy war. Maybe not a very impressive feat, but still it's a title that one should respect. In this story he actually killed people as well...

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/english%20extrajobs%20image-7.jpg

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/english%20extrajobs%20image-8.jpg

The phantom fighting a tiger on a gladiator arena, tigers are stronger than lions. Another impressive feat...

http://www.karileppanencomics.fi/wild%20image%201.jpg

Here is a page of phantom being hanged...and surviving. I wonder if Batman could be hanged and still survive? Has he got the neck for that?? i got tons of more feats in my backpocket, I'm still not convinced that Batman has any chance at all against phantom. The phantom has a much more impressive resume than Batman.

The thing is Batman is probably stronger with his batmobile and his sidekick robin...(lol). But without his computer and his bat-jet and all his money. In a 1 vs 1 fight with about anyone he is quite weak. One could probably take Batman from gotham city place him in medeival europe and every warrior within the military forces of russia or japan would be able to beat him.

The modern world is so much weaker than the world back in the 16th century...at the time where Phantom fought. Bane is probably not much stronger than a gladiator fighter during the roman's empire glory days.

Uhm how did you get the idea the demon is like Venom? Or the sorcerer like Dormammu? You propably know something that i don´t because from the scans i see a guy with vats under his robe and a "demon" that dies after being hit by a arrow.....and thats a joke. And his title means nothing because Batman is said to be: The most dangerous person on the planet. And this is said about a planet with beings like Superman on it so i would say titles don´t count for anything. And since this is not a "who is the better hang-man" contest your last feat means nothing. I won´t bother posting Batman feats because there is a link to his respect thread already posted.

Relentless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Relentless
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@god_spawn: It says 500 lbs on the weights so i assumed it was 500 lbs on the other side as well even if it isn't there's a scan of him lifting a 1000 lbs roof

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Relentless: And I know of those scans, and nothing says he can bench press a ton like you said he could.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Billy Zane wins. 

Though I watched that movie recently, and it was tuuuuuurrible.

Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hermoor
@Stompa: Uhm how did you get the idea the demon is like Venom? Or the sorcerer like Dormammu? You propably know something that i don´t because from the scans i see a guy with vats under his robe and a "demon" that dies after being hit by a arrow.....

Those aren't bats...those are devils and the big guy at the end is a demon. Well maybe not a venom like demon, but one could argue that fighting tons of devils and a big black nasty flying demon at the same time which the phantom did could easily be put against venom or anything heroes such as spider man would face. I don't know the strength of the sorcerer as I don't have the comic in front of me. But it wouldn't suprise me if he is on par with someone like dormamu or I don't know what dormamu's servants name is. He is gren clothed...anyway, those are not bats.

And his title means nothing because Batman is said to be: The most dangerous person on the planet.

The Phantom isn't from the same earth as marvel or DC heroes. He is in the same world as heroes such as Robin Hood, King Arhur, Richard Lionheart, Melin and Zorro. So even if Batman is called the most dangerous person on earth, it wouldn't affect the phantom since he is from a different universe.

Btw I wonder...would Batman be able to pull the sword Excalibur out of the stone? Not even the Hulk could do this, but the phantom did it and indeed guided the young Arthur towards the sword. Does this mean the phantom's strength surpasses that of the Hulk? Maybe not, but it sure surpasses that of Batman. Also 500 lbs is for the entire weight and a roof doesn't weigh 1 ton. At least not judging from the image, it looks like it's a wooden building. Which means what he is lifting there is more like 200 kilos.

Though I watched that movie recently, and it was tuuuuuurrible.

Yes that movie doesn't give justice to the phantom character, the script was awful and so was the storyline.

And since this is not a "who is the better hang-man" contest your last feat means nothing.

Are you stupid? In that adventure he gets hanged publically, then pretends to be dead until they bury him...then at midnight he breakes out of his grave. He simply didn't get hanged, he hanged until they cut him off then pretended to be dead. Then he was buried alive and got out of the grave...you seriously think Batman could survive that? I bet his neck would snap of like that....considering the phantom has no super powers unlike heroes such as Superman and Silver Surfer etc...surviving being hanged and buried alive are feats to be RESPECTED.

I won´t bother posting Batman feats because there is a link to his respect thread already posted.

Half of the feats in that thread, if not every feat in his respect thread has to do with him using his batmobile or his money and technologies to get an advantage over his enemies. Take that kryptonite armor for example, this is a raw fight UNPREPARED in the jungle of in gotham. Half of those feats are useless in proving the superiority of Batman.

Batman has won over foes such a the joker and alligator man.

The Joker is a joke and alligator man? You say it's a mix between an aligator and a human? Oh derp, orangutangs can beat the crap out of an alligator and a human and the phantom defeated an orangutang so the alligator man...which sounds corny wouldn't have a chance against the phantom.

Also you say being hanged is considered a feat? You got to be joking...

Already adressed that above...it's a very impressive feat and should not be disgarded just because it doesn't happen in gotham city.

Labyrinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Labyrinth

@Hermoor said:

Also even if he could lift one ton which btw is how much a hippo weighs.

Your mistake is you are comparing the achievements of a comic book character to a real human being. Batman routinely does things that no human being could ever hope to accomplish. It's fiction.

@Hermoor said:

The phantom already beat an orangutang, here is a quote from a animal website:

Batman has killed more of God's creatures (lions and tigers and bears, oh my) than I care to count.

Here's Batman after taking out a room full of enhanced apes.

No Caption Provided

@Hermoor said:

Movie Batman is not the same as comic book Batman. Comic book Batman does not have problems with his mobility.

@Hermoor said:

I somehow doubt Batman could take down a gladiator with spear and sword.

You've got to be kidding. Right?

@Hermoor said:

Batman relies too much on his technology to beat someone in a 1 vs 1.

To say that Batman relies too much on his technology is ludicrous; he knows every martial art form known to man, for God's sake, and is widely regarded as one of the greatest fighters in all of the DC Universe.

That training, combined with his utility belt gadgets (which, unfortunately for The Phantom, it looks like Batman gets to use in this battle), have allowed him to go toe-to-toe with opponents who should be far out of his league.

I came into this thread not knowing much about The Phantom. But, if these are examples of his best feats, than Batman takes this one in stride.

HulkGod1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HulkGod1994
Batman could survive that? I bet his neck would snap of like that....

You can bet how much you want, show some proof that Batman's neck couldn't survive being hanged otherwise you are just waste of time. Also I looked around for phantom "feats" and a lot of his feeats seems to be simply knocking out normal humans. Or saving princesses or preventing someone from doing something. There isn't much raw fighting between two great beings.

Also you had to be joking when you said the hulk would be defeated by the phantom. The Hulk isn't a rope around the phantom's neck he would break the phantom's neck like that. You know what you pissing me off, you pulling out a bunch of feats out of nowhere and claim he is stronger than the Hulk....bullshit!

Relentless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Relentless

@god_spawn: Sorry i was thinking 1000 lbs = 1 ton for some reason.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis

Batman stomps.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantom wins.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman.. has better feats.... more skills.. and better tech. wont be easy though

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By beatboks1

so far all I've seen in this threadmis people who dont know one of the two characters saying the other wins.

Speaking as someone well versed in both ( my father was a Phantom fan) they are very evenly matched.Bruce trained in the arts of combat since a 10 yr old boy. Kit trained in them since birth. the combat ability of kit walker has been built ip for 21 generations each phantom adding to the training his children recieve from combat systems he's encountered.

at the age of seven the twins of the 21st Phantom ( th son Kit eventually the 22nd) survived in the jungle for a week unaided and fought wild a animals. they also fought criminals who were hunting their father.

I'd say it's hard pressed to pick a winner here. neither one has any physical or skill advantage over the other. Bat's gear might hive him advantages but considering the accuracy of Kit with his pistols and the speed he has shown to both draw and reload them it wouldn't be countered by Kit's gun skill.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Did someone actually said either of this could take on Hulk... Thank god i came to CV after the Hulk hating wave...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By ComicStooge

@beatboks1 said:

so far all I've seen in this threadmis people who dont know one of the two characters saying the other wins.

Speaking as someone well versed in both ( my father was a Phantom fan) they are very evenly matched.Bruce trained in the arts of combat since a 10 yr old boy. Kit trained in them since birth. the combat ability of kit walker has been built ip for 21 generations each phantom adding to the training his children recieve from combat systems he's encountered.

at the age of seven the twins of the 21st Phantom ( the son Kit eventually the 22nd) survived in the jungle for a week unaided and fought wild animals. they also fought criminals who were hunting their father.

I'd say it's hard pressed to pick a winner here. neither one has any physical or skill advantage over the other. Bat's gear might hive him advantages but considering the accuracy of Kit with his pistols and the speed he has shown to both draw and reload them it wouldn't be countered by Kit's gun skill.

In regards to the gun, the cowl is bulletproof:

No Caption Provided

Combined with the cape he's survived 2 pounds of high explosives at close range, withstood explosions that took out entire buildings, swum in acid, been thrown into a barrier by Superman, survived everything Vigilante threw it him with hardly any damage etc.

He can even activate a bulletproof section for the mouth:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

While Phantom may be an equal to Bruce in terms of hand-to-hand combat, I'd wager Bruce is the more intelligent of the two.

Against even matched opponents, he's known to use gear or trickery:

He does so again Zeiss, a metahuman with skills that rival his own and the ability to see his opponents next move.

And true, a simple batarang won't do much to Kitt, a taser might stun him or KO him long enough for Bats to gain victory:

No Caption Provided

The sword would also likely prove ineffective against Bats:

After all, he's shattered them with a kick before:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even if he didn't get the opportunity to that, he could always just stop him this way:

No Caption Provided

So I personally think Bats should take a solid edge, if only due to the durability of his suit, his intelligence and his gear.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Kit NEVER shoots to kill, the bulletproof nature of Bruce's gear is completely irrelevant. Kit has always used the guns to disarm or remove weapons from play. he's even shot bullets out of the air and the triggers off guns. Also current Phantom no longer carries a sword the last phantom who did was the 20th ( as late as the 50's)

Kit has tanked tasers before and a lot of other things he rightfully shouldn't

He is also well versed in science etc just like Bruce. His education was not neglected in any way, the phantom lineage always made sure that all their heirs were trained in every necessary thing needed to fight evil. Every Phantom is sent away from Africa to the best colleges and universities to complete their education and they are trained by further masters while away. They are made to master every form of combat and study all of histories tactics.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batmannnnn

ArtistShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar characters, similar motivations, but Batman is just a better fighter, and has faced better fighter. He’ll disarm Phantom from a distance and take him apart. IMP. Nether can take the Hulk.

Ha!!! Disarm from a distance ?! If they had a " disarming from a distance" contest, phantom would walk over bats. Phantom can lift a lion in each hand. They both use I'm an invincible scary dude... acts which won't work. End result?

PHANTOM STOMPS !

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap, people actually remember Phantom

Killer-Flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATGOD WINS!

PRAISE BE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap, people actually remember Phantom

yep, he was a part of my childhood

on topic, Batman should take this

Avatar image for i_am_lamont_cranston
I_Am_Lamont_Cranston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's the Adam West Batman then Phantom has a good chance. Otherwise, nuh uh, ain't happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman takes this.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Batman. He's beaten far stronger opponents.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman 7/10 with difficulty