Peter Parker (Earth 616) Vs. Light Yagami (Death Note) {Read OP}

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Peter Parker (Earth 616) Vs. Light Yagami (Death Note) {Read OP} (21 votes)

Light wins Round 1 52%
Peter wins Round 1 33%
Light wins Round 2 57%
Peter wins Round 2 52%

The following battle is a chess match between the two, which will involve two rounds.

Round 1:

• Both during senior year of high school
  • Determined to win
  • Random encounter
  • No Prep/Knowledge

Round 2:

• Light is Post- End of Story which makes him 23
  • Peter is Post- Earth 616 in fully which makes him 28
  • Same rules as before but this time They have full knowledge of each other
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1 socajunkie  Moderator

So basically who’s the better tactician, chess involves memory too but that would mainly involve remembering opening lines and such which is only possible if both have studied chess before or at least know some theory.

As for who wins, I have no idea, someone needs to post Peter’s tactical feats.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Peter is probably smarter considering his amped intelligence is iirc beyond basically any "normal" genius.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're smart in different ways, both are extremely good improvisers but Light is the more cunning manipulator and actor capable of intuitively knowing what people are thinking. Peter is a zanny comic genius who can make fantasy gadgets out of scrap and make calculations at a million miles an hour.

Spider-Man's intelligence lends itself better to chess.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter was compared to a young Reed Richards in intelligence so I’m backing him

Vinervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

light wins in an intelligence battle in spiderman chess

Avatar image for thewisebarbaria
TheWiseBarbaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Light both rounds.

Peter is not in Light's league, come on now.

DatStupidGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter both rounds.

Light is not in Peter's league.

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter both rounds.

Light is not in Peter's league.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have never seen Light playing chess. I feel very confident in assuming he knows how to play, but there's no way to assess his skill level.

Default win for Peter. Light is generally smarter though.

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Wow so I guess Peter’s intelligence dropped because of one dumb storyline that writers thought was a good idea. Alright then.

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

that was just one mistake, my point is he is genius when it comes to Science stuff but Light is above him in RL situations/ strategy and like

You tried to justify Light being smarter than Peter by using probably the worst Spider-Man story ever. That's literally the lowest of his lows. Light also screwed up plenty of times so using times when characters screwed up because of plot isn't a good way of measuring someone's intelligence. Peter excels in strategy and calculation which is what a chess game requires not RL skills. And Peter is obviously the better overall genius.

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@redhotstar: Light never screwed that bad though, sure Light made mistakes but he was aginst Geniuses such as L, what Peter did in one more day is something not even most average people would do, due to it being a just stupid movie, and as that story is canon using it is valid, Light has both better high ends, consistency and less embarrassing low ends in those areas

I guess you didn't read me saying that it's literally the worst Spider-Man story ever and the stupidness of the plot was just to remove Peter and Mary Jane's relationship with or without logic. PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity)/WIS (Writer Induced Stupidity) exist you know. Also didn't Light screw up one time and that got him killed?

Eh not much, as you yourself said in the Snake debate we had, a lot of it comes from his precog, knowing what enemies will do and how to act accordingly, does not take much of a strategist when you know that, he is still pretty good but not on the level of Light in those. Light is overall smarter, Peter is only really better when it comes to science and that does not help much here

Are you really trying to say his tacticalness comes from his spider-sense? Not sure if you're joking or not so I'm not going to respond to that but you did think muscle reading is as good as precog. How is Light overall smarter? I'd like to see Light compare to those that are the smartest in the Marvel universe that are experts when it comes to every area. Yeah he's better at science good on you to recognize that but I think you underrate his calculation and his strategy skills.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By heiqn

Still Light.

Light plays real-life chess with the world's greatest detective and all the other detectives on Earth, Having knowledge on science is not something comparable. Peter never showed something beyond that because storywise he never had to.

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

I did, but that does not change fact that it is canon, and a very big and impactful comic for the future, not just some random one, point is Light has better consistency in this aspect and lacks low ends as a bed. Yea, when fighting Near, someone even smarter than L, Spidey on the hand screwed up on something average joe would see as stupid movie, making deal with a Devil

Just because it's canon doesn't mean it's right lol. If Spidey had to fight Galactus to save Mary Jane and the writers had to make Spidey win for the plot would you really say it "it works because it's canon" in that case? It's obvious PIS/WIS and it's the same case for One More Day. They had to make Peter and MJ lose their love somehow. And they went about it in the dumbest way possible with Aunt May dying and Mephisto involved to seal the deal. Yeah the fact that it's a very big and impactful comic makes it worse that it's bad. Yes, Spidey screwed up in legit his worst story ever wow what a surprise, and it's all because they wanted his love for Mary Jane to be gone. What he does in OMD doesn't mean that's how he would actually act bar dumb writing. The fact you mentioned it's like a stupid movie is exactly what it is and why it shouldn't be a valid point.

Because in context of one Fox has, it is a precog, he knows what will you do before you do it, as for this, you yourself claimed that Peter due to precog he has knows " all possible scenarios and what do to win" you said that, not me, and logically if you had that, strategy you would use in fights would come from that, does not take much of genius then

I'm not going to bring up an argument from another thread to this one but the all possible scenarios and the best actions to take is probably the best SS high end. I just brought it up because you said his muscle reading is as good as SS. Spidey obviously uses a ton of strategy in his fights and it's actually one of his best aspects on why he's a good fighter. He strategizes multiple times especially when he can't physically beat his opponents such as rhino, juggernaut, etc. I'll show you a case where Spidey figures out an enemy's pattern (It's a knight's chess pattern) also faster than Cyclops or Beast can. He also ironically remarks he's good at chess.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And this is just one of many innumerable times he's done something like this. Also no SS involved. He can also make a bunch of calcs in his head and actually does so every time he uses his web shooters to figure out how much of his web he should use and to know how far it will go.

People you are talking about are also mainly above Light science wise, people like Tony and Reed, and to be fair Tony is also much smarter than Spiderman to the point that it is funny to compare them:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/spider-man-is-fodder-to-iron-man-2144211/

In fact suits, Tony made no sell Reentry like a joke while suit Spidey made barely allowed him to just survive even with a parachute and other stuff to slow it down, and at that moment he even admits that he is no Iron Man, so yea

Not sure why you're making arguments on why Ironman > Spidey when Light isn't even comparable to either of them but alright. Let's also not forget the fact that Spidey has outdone Ironman multiple times (Not trying to say he's actually better).

Quwudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light all rounds with alt diffilculty

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light’s more grounded so he’s at a huge disadvantage.