Pearl (Steven Universe) Vs. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Avatar image for ricochicomalico
ricochicomalico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ricochicomalico
Pearl
Pearl
Scorpion
Scorpion

Rules:

Both are at their primes.

Standard morals/powers/equipment etc.

Neutral ground.

Combatants start 25 meters apart.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WollfMyth209

Because every other person will say Scorpion, I'll say Pearl. Some of her feats are:

She blitzes four Quartzes (some of the most loyal, and greatest Gem Warriors that are easily marked as superhuman+):

No Caption Provided

She blitzes Gem experiments:

No Caption Provided

Gem experiments are fusions of other Gems, and thus are(despite their goofy appearences) above an average Gem warrior.

Pearl fights and defeats Amethyst, while partially holding back until Amethyst gets enraged and uses an energy attack:

Loading Video...

Overall, I'd say Pearl(blitzes).

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's funny is pearl is an sword fighter and trains sword fighting, yet she uses a spear all the time lol.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's funny is pearl is an sword fighter and trains sword fighting, yet she uses a spear all the time lol.

She sorta has to. It's the only weapon her gem can spawn.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

Pearl isn't blitzing anybody. The only gem that has shown blatant superhuman speed is Garnet and it's fairly evident Pearl is well below her paygrade.

Scorpion. Pearl hasn't really tanked anything to suggest she wouldn't be incinerated by hellfire.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: then she should be a spear master, but she trains in the sword and yet always seen with swords in the civil war flash backs. It's funny.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I say Pearl tanking Sugerlites blows fine and being moderately harm from the attacks but still fighting fine is proof of durability.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WollfMyth209

@juiceboks: Pearl's blitzed Elite Quartzes, which should be superhuman. And she's tanked Amethyst's energy blasts, kicks from Sugilite, was in close range to the shooting star and various other types of attack. Plus I'm fairly certain she can dodge Scorpion's attacks.

@sirfizwhiz said:

@wollfmyth209: then she should be a spear master, but she trains in the sword and yet always seen with swords in the civil war flash backs. It's funny.

Maybe she feels she doesn't need a sword.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@sirfizwhiz said:

@juiceboks: I say Pearl tanking Sugerlites blows fine and being moderately harm from the attacks but still fighting fine is proof of durability.

It's a decent durability showing against blunt force but I don't see what that has to do with withstanding hellfire. It's obviously a completely different type of damage from a source alien to anything in Steven universe let alone what Pearl has withstood. Hell a heat durability showing would be somewhat sufficient, but Peal doesn't even have that.

@wollfmyth209 Those Quartz didn't show any superhuman speed, so that feat isn't better than what peak humans have accomplished. I already explained the durability point above. Scorpion's porting should definitely catch her off guard and Scorpion isn't exactly slow in his own right.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sirfizwhiz

@juiceboks: actually Wollfmyth reminds me of tanking Amythest best energy attack with moderate success.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209 Those Quartz didn't show any superhuman speed, so that feat isn't better than what peak humans have accomplished. I already explained the durability point above. Scorpion's porting should definitely catch her off guard and Scorpion isn't exactly slow in his own right.

Just apply logic. A normal Gem warrior by itself is suppose to be above a peak human. And those are elite Quartz since I doubt they'll place fodder to guard Blue Diamond, one of the four most important Gems ever. So they're suppose to be above peak human, at least.

And Pearl endured Amethyst's energy blasts and stood in range within the shooting star, which was an ancient, heat-based elemental, and was unharmed.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

Just apply logic. A normal Gem warrior by itself is suppose to be above a peak human. And those are elite Quartz since I doubt they'll place fodder to guard Blue Diamond, one of the four most important Gems ever. So they're suppose to be above peak human, at least.

And Pearl endured Amethyst's energy blasts and stood in range within the shooting star, which was an ancient, heat-based elemental, and was unharmed.

Peak human in what though? All around or just in terms of strength and durability? There's no indication of the former, and the latter is actually supported by showings. Gems generally don't have superhuman speed, and Pearl's only debatable showing of that is blitzing those Gem Warriors. Whom, again, never showed anything remotely resembling superhuman speed themselves.

Amethyst's energy blasts don't burn, and from what I remember the shooting star wasn't giving off any significant heat at the time. Pearl hasn't withstood anything akin to this..

No Caption Provided

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WollfMyth209

@juiceboks:

Peak human in what though? All around or just in terms of strength and durability? There's no indication of the former, and the latter is actually supported by showings.

They should generally be peak human in anything, or above. They are, as Peridot says that Gems are designed to conquer other worlds, and we know for a fact that they are superior to humans. And these are elites meant to protect the Blue Diamond so clearly suppose to be capable in every area because what kind of guard of a Diamond are you if you can't even compete with peak humans in speed?

Gems generally don't have superhuman speed,

That's not really true. Amethyst and Jasper are fine examples of Quartzes who have superhuman speed or above. Granted Jasper's an elite Quartz, but Amethyst is a deffective one.

and Pearl's only debatable showing of that is blitzing those Gem Warriors. Whom, again, never showed anything remotely resembling superhuman speed themselves.

They still should be peak human or above based on the above.

Amethyst's energy blasts don't burn,

Fair enough. Still good durability feat.

and from what I remember the shooting star wasn't giving off any significant heat at the time.

Pearl herself made note the shooting star produces heat normal humans couldn't bare.

Pearl hasn't withstood anything akin to this..

She never really fought someone who could use such an attack. But I'm fairly certain she can dodge it.

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Scorpion

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juiceboks  Moderator

@wollfmyth209

They should generally be peak human in anything, or above. They are, as Peridot says that Gems are designed to conquer other worlds, and we know for a fact that they are superior to humans. And these are elites meant to protect the Blue Diamond so clearly suppose to be capable in every area because what kind of guard of a Diamond are you if you can't even compete with peak humans in speed?

I think peak human and superhuman labeling definitions are being misconstrued here. What would be considered peak human in say Marvel or DC would definitely be superhuman to the regular inhabitants of Beach City. People like Daredevil for example wouldn't be able to match Amethyst's raw strength, but his reaction time and combat speed are certainly superior to her. As for Mortal Kombat, I can't remember the quote exactly but I recall Ed Boon stating that Kombatants in general are superhuman across the board which would be somewhat analogous to Peridot's assessment of gems. Scorpion being a top tier fighter in his universe, and having blitzed elite Lin Kuei in a similar fashion to Pearl handling those guards should put them on virtually equal footing in the speed department.

That's not really true. Amethyst and Jasper are fine examples of Quartzes who have superhuman speed or above. Granted Jasper's an elite Quartz, but Amethyst is a deffective one.

Are you referring to how they both roll into a ball to attack like Sonic the Hedgehog? I'm not sure if that's really superhuman speed, or how to compare that to someone like Iron Fist who has caught sniper rounds, moved as a blur underwater and other blatant superhuman speed feats. At best you can look at the speed at which they move while doing so, which isn't all that impressive and shouldn't be an issue for peak humans to deal with. You'd be hard pressed to argue for Amethyst blocking gunfire at the last second for example, something peak humans have done on many occasions.

They still should be peak human or above based on the above.

In speed and reaction time, I wouldn't say so. Especially when peak humans in comics would generally be considered superhuman in the Steven Universe world since the only beings more formidable than regular people are gems. The average citizens are no different than you or me.

Pearl herself made note the shooting star produces heat normal humans couldn't bare.

Stove tops produce heat normal humans can't bare. Scorpion has produced fire of sufficient temperature to melt through a spectre with the same powers as him. Pearl needs something better than that.

She never really fought someone who could use such an attack. But I'm fairly certain she can dodge it.

Considering Scorpion's tendency to combine teleportation with regular moves to create effective surprise attacks, and Pearl's relative inexperience fighting enemies with such powers, I doubt it.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WollfMyth209

@juiceboks:

I think peak human and superhuman labeling definitions are being misconstrued here. What would be considered peak human in say Marvel or DC would definitely be superhuman to the regular inhabitants of Beach City.

Yeah, that's true.

People like Daredevil for example wouldn't be able to match Amethyst's raw strength, but his reaction time and combat speed are certainly superior to her.

I wouldn't say so. Correct me if I'm wrong but Daredevil's a bullet timer, and Amethyst dodged Pearl's projectiles, and lasers from a Gem ship which appear to be surpassing bullets in speed.

As for Mortal Kombat, I can't remember the quote exactly but I recall Ed Boon stating that Kombatants in general are superhuman across the board which would be somewhat analogous to Peridot's assessment of gems. Scorpion being a top tier fighter in his universe, and having blitzed elite Lin Kuei in a similar fashion to Pearl handling those guards should put them on virtually equal footing in the speed department.

This would be true, had this not been Pearl almost 6000 years before her prime.

Are you referring to how they both roll into a ball to attack like Sonic the Hedgehog?

Yes.

I'm not sure if that's really superhuman speed, or how to compare that to someone like Iron Fist who has caught sniper rounds, moved as a blur underwater and other blatant superhuman speed feats. At best you can look at the speed at which they move while doing so, which isn't all that impressive and shouldn't be an issue for peak humans to deal with. You'd be hard pressed to argue for Amethyst blocking gunfire at the last second for example, something peak humans have done on many occasions.

I'm fairly certain Amethyst could dodge or block gunfire. She's dodged Pearl's projectiles and lasers from a Gem ship well enough.

In speed and reaction time, I wouldn't say so.

I'd bet on my life they probably are. At least more higher ranking gems, which would include Quartzes.

Especially when peak humans in comics would generally be considered superhuman in the Steven Universe world since the only beings more formidable than regular people are gems. The average citizens are no different than you or me.

True.

Stove tops produce heat normal humans can't bare. Scorpion has produced fire of sufficient temperature to melt through a spectre with the same powers as him. Pearl needs something better than that.

I think Pearl was referring more to it melting skin rather than just being hot like a stove.

Considering Scorpion's tendency to combine teleportation with regular moves to create effective surprise attacks, and Pearl's relative inexperience fighting enemies with such powers, I doubt it.

And considering Pearl can make clones of herself whenever she wants, and has dodged almost all of Amethyst's attacks, I wouldn't rule it out. And she has fought a corrupt Gem that can teleport:

No Caption Provided

SapphDragon95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 190

Scorpion.