Peak Human "Back to Basics" Tournament (16/16)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 anthp2000  Moderator

@kingcrimson: Their radius isn't really large, they should be fine. It's mostly about good and bad timing. I can give you a scan if you want.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: Hmm, I'm not sure man. Ohma is straight up FTE and blatantly superhuman. He might be at a disadvantage due to lack of gear, but I think it's a stretch to call him peak human.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vertigo-: Hmm, I'm not sure man. Ohma is straight up FTE and blatantly superhuman. He might be at a disadvantage due to lack of gear, but I think it's a stretch to call him peak human.

bruh, you allowing bois like Daredevil in this tournament. And someone else wants Ada Wong.... if you letting characters like that in this tournament, Ohma is comfortably in those limits. Also, Ohma is totally peak human in his verse. This aint Wakatsuki we're talkin about.

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having debated him, I would have to agree ;)

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: I've not allowed Daredevil cause he's too fast. Idk who Ada Wong is, but I'll address that with the user.

Being peak human in a verse doesn't mean you're generally peak human lol. I'm not necessarily saying no at the min, but I need to think about it.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kingcrimson:

I will take Aaron Hallam (the Hunted) and I will also take the Battlefield perk.

A peak human by real world terms and has no enhanced ability beyond that other than his seemingly odd ability to survive.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: What can the SCK20 MAWS do? Has anybody requested Batman and his special Batarangs?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 anthp2000  Moderator

@kingcrimson:

I feel like you're limiting speed quite a bit. Realistically, Daredevil shouldn't be too fast for a peak human tournament, but I can understand that. FTE isn't really above arrow timing level though.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@allstarsuperman: @kingcrimson: lol, I don't think I got an answer on the arrow restrictions, but fully expect restrictions. It's not like Arsenal is going to be allowed a dna eradicator or solidifying gas arrow.

The number of scans allowed will cut down on variety but techie characters like that can get out of hand fast without gear limits. Fear of getting kicked from the match would keep me self-limiting. I'm probably lucky if I'm allowed smoke screens, flares, and broadheads.

Some of that sounds OP. What 2 pieces of gear do you want?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

I feel like you're limiting speed quite a bit. Realistically, Daredevil shouldn't be too fast for a peak human tournament, but I can understand that. FTE isn't really above arrow timing level though.

Ohma straight up vanished from a guy who laughed at FTE speed. He's crazy fast.

And if Daredevil can dodge point blank sniper fire he's not even remotely peak human.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: I want to use Ada Wong from Resident Evil with her crossbow and regular and explosive arrows and her hook shot if that's ok.

Edit: Perk - Don't I know you from somewhere?: Basic knowledge.

Heard she's crazy. What can she do?

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-:I think Daredevil was DQ'd earlier in the thread iirc, due to bullet-timing.

...in his verse.

It's comments like that which scare me, lol.

@ashrym: The scan limits enforced here aren't to be in line with the sites copyright rule, but rather to encourage discussion, extrapolation and actual debate. To that end, links to a scan will also count in the same vein.

I want you guys to break the norm here of just feat bombing. Delve into single feats and pick them apart -- theorise and speculate (within reason), and really put your arguing skills to the test.

The main reason for asking is a link can show a lot more information than a scan. It's a possible loophole to the scan limits.

@ashrym said:

@allstarsuperman: @kingcrimson: lol, I don't think I got an answer on the arrow restrictions, but fully expect restrictions. It's not like Arsenal is going to be allowed a dna eradicator or solidifying gas arrow.

The number of scans allowed will cut down on variety but techie characters like that can get out of hand fast without gear limits. Fear of getting kicked from the match would keep me self-limiting. I'm probably lucky if I'm allowed smoke screens, flares, and broadheads.

Some of that sounds OP. What 2 pieces of gear do you want?

Arsenal can be very overpowered based on gear, especially given significant prep. I wanted his promethium weave Kevlar body armor plus his bow/arrows (which I thought was one like batarangs). If it's only one arrow type then I think I'll go with smoke screen arrows. If I can get more than one arrow type I'll add broadheads and flares.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Vertigo-

@ashrym: technically, top tiers in the kengan verse cannot bullet time. Like, the author made that very clear. He’s a high end aim deflector in my book tho. Bums me out since he scales off characters who would have amazing bullet timing abilities if not for the narration

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Karkus

I'd like to take Karate Kid if he's available. Here is proof he is a peak human.

No Caption Provided

Perk: Morals off.

TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson Given the number of ranged fighters, being used I think I will change it up and use a melee guy, Thorfinn instead. He's a FTE/arrow timer, and his strength is nothing crazy. Only thing that might DQ him is his blunt force durabilty. He took a fall from ca. 20 m and survived (albeit KO'ed for a few minutes and with a broken arm) and took being swung through wooden walls (again, badly messed up afterwards, broken ribs, dislocated shoulder etc.). If that's ok, then reserve me him with his knives and throwing knives. Basic knowledge for the perk.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 anthp2000  Moderator

@kingcrimson: I don't really know his feats so I can't speak further lol. I just wanted to talk about FTE.

That said I don't remember Matt's sniper feat, but like I said I can understand that one. Him and Elektra are extraordinarily fast even by peak human Marvel standards. People with a basic bullet timing feats like Punisher and Batman are fine I see, so I think you know what you're doing.

TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

I'd like to take Karate Kid if he's available. Here is proof he is a peak human.

No Caption Provided

I don't think you're serious, but the OP clearly says semi-realistic peak humans. lol. You can use this Karate Kid

No Caption Provided

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Actually, I can give up the Kevlar if I only get two arrow types and go with smoke screens and zip/grappling lines, if that's the limit.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kingcrimson: SC20K Modular Assault Weapon. It’s an assault rifle along with a variety of attachments. It has an under-barrel that can be a shotgun, a sniper, or an air launcher. It takes a few seconds to change between the three. The launcher can fire CS-smoke/sonic/emp grenades, sticky shockers, or sticky cameras.

It’s really not that over the top considering it’s similarities to trick arrows or batarangs.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques said:

@kingcrimson: I want to use Ada Wong from Resident Evil with her crossbow and regular and explosive arrows and her hook shot if that's ok.

Edit: Perk - Don't I know you from somewhere?: Basic knowledge.

Heard she's crazy. What can she do?

She's the typical RE peak human. She's not quite on the same level as Leon or Chris, but she's pretty fast and crazy agile.

Strength wise, she can crush the head of enhanced humans such as ganados and J'avos. Durability wise, she tanks falls from several stories high and get right back up. She's fast enough to blitz two ganados faster than their eyes can track her, and she can dodge a steel I-beam being thrown with this much force.

But her greatest physical trait is her agility, which she uses in conjunction with her hook shot to increase her mobility.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure some of these guys are above peak human.

Why can’t people ever just pick a literal peak human? Jason Bourne, John Wick type. It isn’t difficult. There’s no way I’m going against these guys. Why are we always hugging the hell out of the limits placed. Just picked a guy/girl that could exist in the real world.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@sawed_off_it said:

Pretty sure some of these guys are above peak human.

Why can’t people ever just pick a literal peak human? Jason Bourne, John Wick type

Because you need to specify the tournament would be "low street level", as in the weakest kind of peak humans. The characters based on the OP are clearly meant to be mid street, bordering high street, John Wick and Jason Bourne cannot compete with that even though they are also "peak humans". There's a different tier for tournaments where you can work with these guys.

Daredevil and the Punisher and Batman cannot exist in the real world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: but the limits state that no one should be enhanced in any way.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: but the limits state that no one should be enhanced in any way.

None of the people on this list are enhanced. They're humans in their own universes, humans at the peak of their potential through physical training and skills. Idk why people in this tournament can't just understand that being a peak human in Marvel comics isn't the same as being a peak human in the real world.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

No Caption Provided

Perk: Morals off.

Lol, I one up you and select John Constantine. He's not even peak human, just solid skills and knowledge. ;-)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: actually you know what? Scratch that.

I can see where this is going and no thanks. Just pick who ever you wish and good luck

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: actually you know what? Scratch that.

I can see where this is going and no thanks. Just pick who ever you wish and good luck

Okay...

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're talking peak humans in the comic book sense, not peak humans in the IRL sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Let me change my character to Agent 47 (Composite)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sawed_off_it: If you want to use the Hunted guy, would you be up for a cav with me using Dexter Morgan?

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Is Batman allowed? Pre Flashpoint Batman to be specific? He's a bullet timer tho not as casual as the likes or Daredevil and Elektra.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isn't the cast of tokyo ghoul half-humans or something they already have superhuman strength advantage if I'm correct that one guy that is, I think juuzou is okay or I could be wrong.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawed_off_it: If you want to use the Hunted guy, would you be up for a cav with me using Dexter Morgan?

If you guys do that tag me for votes.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@kingcrimson: Actually, I can give up the Kevlar if I only get two arrow types and go with smoke screens and zip/grappling lines, if that's the limit.

That's cool with me

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By KingCrimson

@kingcrimson: SC20K Modular Assault Weapon. It’s an assault rifle along with a variety of attachments. It has an under-barrel that can be a shotgun, a sniper, or an air launcher. It takes a few seconds to change between the three. The launcher can fire CS-smoke/sonic/emp grenades, sticky shockers, or sticky cameras.

It’s really not that over the top considering it’s similarities to trick arrows or batarangs.

I'm limiting the arrows and batarangs.

You can have the rifle, but all the attachments will count as separate gear, so choose one and stick with that my man.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques: She doesn't LOOK too crazy, but consider her carefully as if she gets in and she's over limits I'll DQ you.

Also, crossbow will come with only regular arrows. If you want explosive arrows, you'll have to forget the hook gun.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Let me change my character to Agent 47 (Composite)

What gear? And what's composite 47 capable of?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Is Batman allowed? Pre Flashpoint Batman to be specific? He's a bullet timer tho not as casual as the likes or Daredevil and Elektra.

Can you show me some of his feats at the level you will be arguing him at? From what I've seen of Batman over recent months, he's straight superhuman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: He has fought directly and withstood a h2h fight with John Smith (who can bullet time) and punch through concrete.

He is adept at many styles of fighting and is pretty durable for a peak human. He would be low to mid street in terms of comic street level.

His gear consists of all real world items: sniper rifle, dual silverballers, piano wire, mines, syringes w/ toxin, coins, twin swords)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

I believe Batman is fine with the gear restrictions.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawed_off_it: That's cool with me. But you'll have to pick 2 pieces of gear only, unless you pick the I'm borrowing this perk, in which case you can get a 3rd piece.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Batman is fine with the gear restrictions.

I've recently seen stuff like this, which is too much. I know it's animated, but still.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Dual Silver Ballers and Mines.

Battlefield perk