Peak Human "Back to Basics" Tournament (16/16)

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KingCrimson
No Caption Provided

A Super-what?

Hey all, and welcome to my Peak Human B2B tourney, which will pit human against human until only one is left standing.

You will pick one street level PEAK HUMAN character to duel it out with a fellow viner. And by peak human, I'm talking no "powers", and generally realistic stats. I'm sure you all have your own ideas about what constitutes as peak human, so just check with me if unsure on any of your choices.

Regarding the "Back to Basics" part, this means that you will be heavily limited in the amount of scans you can post in this tournament. The idea here is to promote a little bit more active thing, extrapolating and explaining rather than scan bombing. You will be restricted to 3 feats per post, and each feat must be shown within 2 scans. As a maximum, that means no more than 6 scans per post.

Any bullshitting like pasting all scans into one image to circumvent the rules will just get you DQ'd. Stick to the rules - it'll be fun.

Banned Abilities

Pretty much everything. Your character shouldn't have any mutations, powers, or overly-superhuman characteristics. People like Daredevil who essentially developed a radar sense due to blindness are O.K. given he isn't technically advanced and it's more of a skill.

Basically, just don't take the piss.

Limits

Your character must be peak human in stats, and I'd prefer nobody who is "enhanced" in their verse. Just think around the level of the guys in the OP, and people without powers.

I'll vet everybody's choices, so chuck a few people at me if unsure. The idea behind this is to promote some creative arguments based on the minimal evidence you will be able to provide, so worry less about picking a character who can blitz people and push the boat out a little bit.

Characters will have 2 items of their standard gear, and that is all. Anything that takes you over peak human limits is banned, and people like Batman will NOT have access to his entire arsenal. The Bat-Suit itself would count as one piece of gear, and Batarangs would be another.

As this is a peak human tournament, there shouldn't be any overly comfortable bullet timers, so firearms will be restricted to an extent. Anybody picking guns as part of their standard gear will be given one clip per weapon -- make it count.

Other stuff

If I don't know the character you choose, I will probably ask for feats to judge them.

If you don't post in 10 days, I'll DQ you.

If you try to sneak in an over the limits character, I'll DQ you.

Perks

You may pick 1 perk from the below list. Choose wisely. None of this should amp you above the limits.

• Cold-blooded Killer: Morals off. Your character is now an emotionless killing machine. Congrats.
  • It doesn't hurt: You get 1 medi-kit to heal all but fatal wounds, if you find the time to use it.
  • Unbreakable: Your primary weapon is unbreakable.
  • Don't I know you from somewhere?: Basic knowledge.
  • Give me a minute: You get 5 minutes prep before entering the battlefield.
  • I'm borrowing this: You may give your character a weapon from their own verse that is not their standard gear. (Run it past me first)
  • You're in my house: Pick the battlefield.

Ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll sign up with Roy Harper if that works for you, using his promethium weave armor and bow/arrows. What limits are there on his arrows?

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are Live Action characters allowed? This looks like a fun little quick tournament, there's an obscure character that I'd like to use; the Kung Fu priest from Braindead. I'll post a clip down below, be warned that its exceedingly gory. Basically all his feats exist in a two minute clip with some basic scaling from the zombies in the movie who are capable of bashing down metal doors.

Clip here

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ANTHP2000  Online

Ooooh reserve me pls.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ANTHP2000  Online

@kingcrimson: What can we actually do with 5 mins prep? Bring in more gear or smth?

Also, will this be standard combat setting only?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Reserve me with Sliver Monkey pls

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Sure thing bud.

They will be standard combat scenarios in the sense that they will be 1v1 battles with the only objective being the death of your opponent, but I will try to spice them up a little bit by placing weapons or opportunities for traps or whatever on some of the battlefields.

And no mate, gear limits will remain the same in terms of what you can take into the battle. Prep will be best placed if your character is something of a tactician, or maybe good with stealth, or doesn't have any standard gear -- as there will be weapons and stuff placed on the battlefield that they can grab with prep.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Does he have a Respect thread or can you tell me what he's capable of? Never heard of him.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: He does have a RT, I'll PM it to you

It's honestly not much tbh

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ANTHP2000  Online

@kingcrimson: I see, so with prep, we get knowledge on the battlefield?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: He seems fine man. Minimal feats shouldn’t be an issue in this tournament due to the scan limit :)

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lsoon23: he seems OK, but worried that he was kicking dudes off left and right lol. Am I assuming that these were decomposing zombies and so less durable than a peak human?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Each of you will get a 30 second look at the map of the battlefield beforehand.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ANTHP2000  Online

@kingcrimson: Cool. Each of us as in me and the opponent, or our character?

And I'm assuming this is comic books and manga only as medium.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Your characters.

And no mate, any medium ok with me as long as they fit the bill.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By geekryan  Online

@kingcrimson: Daredevil is a very casual bullet timer. That’s okay? If so, is Elektra allowed?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: How casual we talking mate? I was always under the impression he was peak human, but I don’t read Marvel or DC.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 geekryan  Online

@kingcrimson: I can’t provide links right now, but he’s pretty casual. Not Spider-Man, but still. If you look up his RT you will see. His strength and durability are mostly peak human but his speed is better.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Just seen that reacted to a sniper bullet that seemed to be inches away from his face, but he also heard the sound of it which makes no sense.

Imma say no to daredevil because he seems like a pain in the ass to judge.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ANTHP2000  Online

@kingcrimson: @geekryan: Well, large part of Daredevil's speed is his senses, they are boosted to superhuman levels on account of his skill with radar sense. He's not a metahuman but practically he might as well be, on speed alone. He's kind of an exception. Elektra does have similar speed feats though, she's a really casual bullet timer. She's deflecting multiple bullets with her sai and timing snipers as well. Also isn't she enhanced by Hand magic upon ressurection?

Kingcrimson, for a cartoon/live action/anime character, does the scan rule apply to GIFs?

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to sign up with Embo from TCW

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: 1 GIF will count as 1 feat. So if you were to go all GIFS, max you could use is 3.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: What's the stats limit here? I know it says peak human but I also see Ling Yao so I thought I'd ask.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KingCrimson
KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@kingcrimson: I'd agree but his first combat showing was him holding his own vs Bradley despite having Lan Fan on his shoulder, and his showings against the other Homunculi are impressive as well. Either way I was going to use Ed pre-Northern Automail, and while I still think he was a bullet timer before that I don't think it's to an absurd degree. In fact I'm more worried that his striking would be too much since it should be around Wall Level. If those are ok then I'll use him, if not it's cool, I can pick someone else!

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 Amendment50  Online

Does that mean I can’t reserve Elektra? Damn man I did not think she was going to be taken already lol

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 Amendment50  Online

DQ’ing bullet timing is going to eliminate a LOT of comic book street levelers btw. And anime characters too for that matter

FallenPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interesting

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd join but I feel like 3 feats is so little at the same time... I'll think about it.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: I’ve got no problem with somebody bullet timing, but bullets should still be an issue for them. Somebody cutting sniper bullets out of the air or handling automatic gunfire with said is too much.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: “feats” in this sense refers to a showing. If you have 2 continuous scans in which your character shows both speed and strength, that will only count as a single feat.

Plus, it’s 3 showings per post, so you can focus on a single aspect and expand upon that in each post if you feel like you can pull that off.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lsoon23

@kingcrimson: The durability of the zombies does fluctuate a bit, they are decomposing so it isn't as impressive as kicking the limbs off of a peak human or something. The Priest still has pretty good AP but lacks in other departments.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: True, but holding off a bullet timer doesn’t make you one, and it was mentioned by Bradley that Yao was keeping to his blindside and using his experience to keep up with him.

Ed should be fine, but he won’t have access to alchemy.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: That's true but to be fair Bradley has been shown to move that fast. I don't think Ling is as fast as Bradley of course(it would create inconsistencies and scaling problems) but he's definitely on the upper end of peak human in speed and reflexes, hence my curiosity.

No alchemy is fine, I was just going to request his blade and maybe another item he made beforehand like a spear.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Are mid-tier Street Fighter characters within the limits?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KingCrimson
Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: This seems interesting. And since there has been no Mortal Kombat representation yet, I'd like to sign up. :)

Would a character like Sonya Blade, with her Ring Gauntlets, and drone be eligible? Some of Sonya's fatality feats may creep over into super human, and her drone may be unfair (I can choose a different piece of gear if needed), but ultimately I have no clue how far she'd get. She's the most normal MK character I can think of, but if things like her leg grab are too much, I could choose a different character.

Kano comes to mind...

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: “feats” in this sense refers to a showing. If you have 2 continuous scans in which your character shows both speed and strength, that will only count as a single feat.

Plus, it’s 3 showings per post, so you can focus on a single aspect and expand upon that in each post if you feel like you can pull that off.

I get that. I'd imagine most people would post one showing for strength, one for durability, one for speed/skill, one for gear, etc (but only three of those, not 4 ofc).

What about scaling? Does it count as a feat if I show it for another character scaling to mine?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably too much.

@kingcrimson: This seems interesting. And since there has been no Mortal Kombat representation yet, I'd like to sign up. :)

Would a character like Sonya Blade, with her Ring Gauntlets, and drone be eligible? Some of Sonya's fatality feats may creep over into super human, and her drone may be unfair (I can choose a different piece of gear if needed), but ultimately I have no clue how far she'd get. She's the most normal MK character I can think of, but if things like her leg grab are too much, I could choose a different character.

Kano comes to mind...

Didn't Sonya embarrass Kabal at the start of MK11? And dance around Erron Black's bullets at the Black Dragon hideout? She seems too much.

Can't remember what Kano was like, though.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get that. I'd imagine most people would post one showing for strength, one for durability, one for speed/skill, one for gear, etc (but only three of those, not 4 ofc).

What about scaling? Does it count as a feat if I show it for another character scaling to mine?

Hmm, good point.

I will allow a 4th set of scans to be used ONLY to scale to another character.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can tag me for voting

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Reserve me a spot, bud. I'll take Hild from Vinland Saga with her custom crossbow and the "you're in my house" perk. Quick question, can I have traps set-up on the battlefield beforehand or would that have to be done during the fight?

cKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll take Arkham Batman with batsuit and grapple gun.

Perk is choose battlefield

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ckarma: Can't Arkham Batman like blitz 5 dudes with guns and take them all out in slow motion or some crap?

I'd argue he's kinda over the limits if counting some of his more bonkers feats