Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 anthp2000  Moderator

@ssj_god said:

ozai wins round 2 easily

and it's no surprise what people are saying about round 1..... but i've broken down ozai's fighting style.. and created gif based feats.. which can be used to analyze his ability without sozin's comet........ now we have to remember..... the comet only boosts in power..... techniques would be the same even without the comet.... and we can determine how his fire power would be without the comet by comparing the comet version of him and the comet version of others.

Thechniques aren't always the same. Azula shot fire out of her mouth. Do you remember her doing it outside of the comet? And the siblings stomp both rounds by the way.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

ozai wins round 2 easily

and it's no surprise what people are saying about round 1..... but i've broken down ozai's fighting style.. and created gif based feats.. which can be used to analyze his ability without sozin's comet........ now we have to remember..... the comet only boosts in power..... techniques would be the same even without the comet.... and we can determine how his fire power would be without the comet by comparing the comet version of him and the comet version of others.

Thechniques aren't always the same. Azula shot fire out of her mouth. Do you remember her doing it outside of the comet? And the siblings stomp both rounds by the way.

Agreed. Siblings kick his ass. He'll need Iroh to stand an even chance against the current versions of them. That could go either way, since Zuko's swords can enhance his firebending to match Ozai's (lightning is moot against Zuko for Ozai) and Azula can now shoot and redirect lightning just Iroh as well, so combined with her wits and agility, she'll give him hell.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and Zuko stomp in both rounds. You're overestimating Ozai. Hell, Azula on her own could give a great fight with strategy and agility although Ozai is stronger in firebending power. With Zuko together he doesn't stand a chance.

Agreed, and Azula can redirect lightning now and shoot it and nearly the same speed as Ozai and Mako can. She shoots lightning at him, he tries to defend and Zuko keeps attacking him relentlessly. He shoots lightning at either sibling, he's dead. The best part is that Azula can shoot lightning at Zuko to trick Ozai, and then Zuko can redirect it onto Ozai, and just to really finish him off, Azula can shoot her own lightning. This was already bad with Azula being able to shoot lightning and Zuko being able to redirect hers or Ozai's onto Ozai, but now it's even worse with Azula being able to shoot her lightning and redirect Ozai's onto his... and Zuko also being able to do that... and both also being able to redirect Azula's onto Ozai's.

Honestly, even Aang aside, any two benders from Team Avatar could take Ozai.

Cs1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cs1013

@anthp2000: I feel like you simply do not like Ozai or you are an azula fan. Sorry if you feel like I am targeting you, I promise I am not, But you just seem to be underestimating Ozai, and Azula does not have comic feats so she is not winning by herself (and she is not giving him as difficult as fight between the two you are making it out to be in my opinion)

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo should win both rounds, he could beat them each alone but not together.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai has a huge mental edge over his children, let's not overlook that.

Going off of logic Ozai wins.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Itachus17

@kilius said:

Ozai has a huge mental edge over his children, let's not overlook that.

Going off of logic Ozai wins.

That's not logical at all, hell Kemurikage Azula would even always solo.

On topic:

R1:

By actual feats, either of the Royal siblings solostomps.

By hype, the Royal siblings win comfortably in a 2on1 and his lightning would be suicide.

R2:

The Royal siblings win comfortably in a 2on1 and his lightning would be still suicide.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 anthp2000  Moderator

@cs1013: That's like a 2 year old comment.

Regardless, yeah I'd rank current Azula higher than Ozai.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17:

Kemurikage Azula isn't in this thread. This is Book 3 pre-crazy Azula.

Without the comet Ozai shot lightning faster than Iroh or Azula did, a pretty good showing of superiority. Feats aren't everything. Reputation and implied superiority counts too. If Zuko could have taken the Firelord solo he would have, the fact that he didn't is a pretty clear indication he can't. Same goes with Azula.

Ozai wouldn't be stupid enough to use lightning again after seeing it fail against Zuko.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Itachus17

@kilius:

Kemurikage Azula isn't in this thread. This is Book 3 pre-crazy Azula.

I'm well aware.

Without the comet Ozai shot lightning faster than Iroh or Azula did, a pretty good showing of superiority.

That is literally his only feat besides very unimpressive trainings blasts in the comics.

Feats aren't everything. Reputation and implied superiority counts too.

Neither his reputation nor implied superiority is remotely enough to win this 2on1.

If Zuko could have taken the Firelord solo he would have, the fact that he didn't is a pretty clear indication he can't. Same goes with Azula.

I never said they'd win solo if we take hype into account, also had Azula exactly zero reason to fight Ozai.

Ozai wouldn't be stupid enough to use lightning again after seeing it fail against Zuko.

Which limits one of his best offensive options.

Cs1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: So do you believe the siblings can beat comet Ozai? (please look at their respective fights before answering )

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Laiks Stake

Current Azula solo.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, season 3 Azula? Team wins easily.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Itachus17

@cs1013 said:

@itachus17: So do you believe the siblings can beat comet Ozai? (please look at their respective fights before answering )

Yes comfortably.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Team. No Comet Ozai hasn't shown much except for scarring younger Zuko's face and getting his lightning redirected. Azula's actual quite mobile and agile and Zuko has great defense. He'll have trouble against both. Also, Zuko is the only one who has shown he can redirect lightning. That could be a trump card.

2) Possibly Ozai, but he'll have to really work for it. With the comet, he was incredibly powerful, but I think people forget the siblings got a boost too. They showed a lot of fire output during their Agni Kai.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Wrong.

Many people here are denying that Azula was scared of Ozai and denying that Ozai was far more powerful than her. Some are even saying that she could solo, like you. Well, I have definitive proof to finish this discussion once and for all. There is an official novelization of the series finale, Sozin's comet. Different parts of the finale are told from different perspectives in first person of the show's characters. This includes Azula at a certain point. This page answers everything!

No Caption Provided

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Wrong.

Many people here are denying that Azula was scared of Ozai and denying that Ozai was far more powerful than her. Some are even saying that she could solo, like you. Well, I have definitive proof to finish this discussion once and for all. There is an official novelization of the series finale, Sozin's comet. Different parts of the finale are told from different perspectives in first person of the show's characters. This includes Azula at a certain point. This page answers everything!

No Caption Provided

You are like a broken record.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 anthp2000  Moderator

@matbezlima:

I've read the entire novelization more than once and I never denied that EoS Azula is not on level with her father. Currently, she's a much more advanced and well rounded fighter.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By noobsnowman

Round 1: Probably Ozai, but the team should be pose quite the challenge. His lack of feats makes this fight unclear, though scaling down from the comet he should still win.

Round 2: Ozai resoundingly. His mastery of firebending is far beyond what Azula and Zuko can replicate, as he was the only bender who could fly using firebending. He can produce significantly more fire than either of the siblings can produce, and maintain them for lengthy periods of time without being strained. His physicals is far greater as well, being able to tank hits from Aang in AS state and still being able to get up quickly and fight, not to mention being able to tank redirected lightning without suffering any major damage - one that would mortally wound the likes of Aang and Zuko. These are far better feats than Azula taking a hit from Zuko and being driven to desperation. While she was insane at that time, it also does show that she wasn't the best at taking hits either.

Azula can make the fight interesting if she makes full use of her resourcefulness, but if Ozai is serious she wouldn't last long.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Team might take it but I'm honestly not sold entirely on their victory. Ozai, despite his lack of feats, was supposed to be the best firebender in the world with very few even coming close.

R2: Ozai's feats with the Comet are far above the feats of either Zuko or Azula in terms of pure power, based on this I have him stomping.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By gunchar16

Ozai wank is getting out of hand again, scaled down Ozai would be a joke in comparison and many of his true Sozin's Comet feats were underwhelming, he even struggled with Aang's Earthbending for gods sake.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:

Round 1: No Sozin's Comet

Zuko solo.

Round 2: Sozins Comet Active

Team wins Zuko can use his lightning counter technique that by Ozai's face on his fight with Ang he wan't sure he could survive it.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and Zuko stomp in both rounds. You're overestimating Ozai. Hell, Azula on her own could give a great fight with strategy and agility although Ozai is stronger in firebending power. With Zuko together he doesn't stand a chance.

I second that.

Msorowitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhh Ozai was very powerful, but he seemed a bit stupid to me and even Aang alone could hold out a good while against him.

I don't think he could take these both at the same time.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

IMO Aang defending against Ozai during the comet is a feat for Aang not an anti-feat for Ozai

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By matbezlima

@anthp2000: Perhaps Smoke And Shadow could have far more chance, not so much because of raw power, but finesse and skill. He is still probably superior to her in raw power.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No changes:

R1:

By hype, the Royal siblings win comfortably in a 2on1 and his lightning would be suicide.

R2:

The Royal siblings win comfortably in a 2on1 and his lightning would be still suicide.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Why did the novel pages that I posted not change your opinion? Not a criticism, I am just curious.

@gunchar16: Are you sure that this wank is baseless, seing the evidence I just provided?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matbezlima:

Why did the novel pages that I posted not change your opinion? Not a criticism, I am just curious.

Uhm cause i already knew the novel and anyways don't think that EoS Azula could win R2(or R1 going by hype) solo.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By noobsnowman

@gunchar16: ??????

Every firebender are amped equally, so if he demonstrates better feats than the siblings during the comet, then he is going to be more powerful than them without the comet. The fact that Aang could hold out against Ozai makes Aang the strongest avatar, rather than it being an anti-feat for Ozai. Especially when it was stated that the only other person who could stand up to him was Iroh.

And I don't recall him struggling against Aang's Earthbending. Ozai was tormenting Aang while Aang remained helpless as he was being slowly overwhelmed within that rock.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo both rounds, and the most current Azula could even solo.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I honestly don't see Azula beating Ozai one on one, Zuko isn't adding much either.

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai stomps both rounds.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#85 morpheus_  Moderator

Ozai has no feats without the comet. If every bender is enhanced linearly from the comet, and given both statements and logic, he should still be their superior. However, I don't have an issue with anyone wanting hard facts to support it - which he lacks.

He stomps round 2.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

Azula and Zuko stomp round 1.

Azula and Zuko win round 2, relative difficult fight but especially Zuko's lightning redirection is a hard couter, and Aang showed that Ozai isn't that good.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and Zuko stomp round 1.

Azula and Zuko win round 2, relative difficult fight but especially lightning redirection is a hard couter, and Aang showed that Ozai isn't that good.

Currently, Azula can one-shot Ozai with her own lightning, and she can also (like Zuko) redirect his.

Furthermore, it's heavily possible that she's omnipresent now in the comics.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the Vine is so obsessed with needing feats for every little thing, then it’s of course impossible to say Ozai wins Round 1 given his distinct lack of any without the comet.

Round 2 is no question, Ozai murks them.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the Vine is so obsessed with needing feats for every little thing, then it’s of course impossible to say Ozai wins Round 1 given his distinct lack of any without the comet.

Round 2 is no question, Ozai murks them.

WTF are you talking about? Azula can instantly kill him with lightning on her own, and both kids can redirect his lightning and even play lightning tennis (in case somehow Azula misses Ozai and the lightning ends up on Zuko) to murder Ozai.

Ozai gets annihilated by Azula alone, let alone both her and Zuko.

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo should win both rounds, he could beat them each alone but not together.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Stormdriven

@raimundopedrosa: Lightning tennis? I’m not even going to entertain that drivel, but why would Ozai attempt lightning at all when he knows Zuko can redirect it? Ozai isn’t an idiot. And he’s more than fast enough to dodge lightning in return since he probably knows his daughter can do it. He’s faster, more powerful a firebender, and he’s more physically imposing. He’s not losing to them in a bending match under the comet.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Collectively the siblings are more skilled than the father. Azula can't RL at this point but I don't think Ozai would attempt it such an attack in fear of the possibility Zuko taught her the technique. Both of his children fear his wrath and as their father has a huge mental edge over his children he can exploit if he recognizes he can't beat them together. If that doesn't work then yeah the team should win after a good fight.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: Lightning tennis? I’m not even going to entertain that drivel, but why would Ozai attempt lightning at all when he knows Zuko can redirect it? Ozai isn’t an idiot. And he’s more than fast enough to dodge lightning in return since he probably knows his daughter can do it. He’s faster, more powerful a firebender, and he’s more physically imposing. He’s not losing to them in a bending match under the comet.

Because he is an idiot, and didn't hesitate to shoot lightning at Aang after Zuko had expressly told him that he'd train Aang.

And are you kidding lol? You really think that Ozai will will against an instant, comet-enhanced lightning bolt from Azula (which Ozai will not be dodging at all)? With the speed and amp of the comet, she'll murder him. Furthermore, if she somehow misses (which she won't), then the lightning bolt will land on Zuko, who will redirect it at Ozai (or he can redirect it to Azula who can then redirect it to Ozai).

I'm sorry, but you're out of your mind if you really think that Ozai stands a chance against kemurikage Azula with Sozin's Comet. She can take him down with just one instant flick of her fingers.

Team for both rounds. Ozai was formidable but Azula was already a better fire bender than him and Zuko was quickly gaining proficiency beyond his father. Azula can fire lightning to attack/counter Ozai's and Zuko can redirect to defend/counter. Ozai has no real chance here

Azula can also redirect lightning. Ozai is completely helpless against her lightning (and certainly won't be dodging it on Sozin's Comet), whereas Azula can turn Ozai's lightning against him.

@kilius said:

Collectively the siblings are more skilled than the father. Azula can't RL at this point but I don't think Ozai would attempt it such an attack in fear of the possibility Zuko taught her the technique. Both of his children fear his wrath and as their father has a huge mental edge over his children he can exploit if he recognizes he can't beat them together. If that doesn't work then yeah the team should win after a good fight.

Individually, Azula would annihilate Ozai, especially during Sozin's Comet. The bitch can shoot instant lightning at the same speed as him now with a flick of her fingers and redirect it to kill him with own lightning. Furthermore, Zuko can also redirect lightning, so Azula can always trick Ozai by shooting lightning at Zuko, then another at Ozai, while Zuko redirects her first bolt onto Ozai. Then he'll get doubly electrocuted.

Furthermore, Azula's not going to fear a man who she can drop with lightning so easily anymore.

One on one, Azula slaughters Ozai. With Zuko's help, even Iroh won't be able to reverse Ozai's loss (as Azula would quickly make short work of Iroh, and Zuko would be able to stnad his ground in firebending long enough for Azula to take down Iroh, then kill Ozai with one lightning bolt to the head).

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Itachus17
@stormdriven said:

What are you even talking for a nonsense? Ozai wouldn't know anything about Azula's redirection cause he wasn't even a bender anymore as she learned it, furthermore is Ozai a proven idiot by attempting lightning against Aang(after Zuko explicitly told him that he will help the Avatar). He wasn't even faster than EoS Zuko with his firebending and was straight up slower than Kemurikage Azula with his lightning, his physical feats are non-existent outside of durability. Also was he already less skilled, versatile, creative, precise, etc... than EoS Azula, let alone Kemurikage Azula.

Or shortly: Kemurikage Azula would solo this.

With that being said, considering this thread is about different versions:

No changes:

R1:

R2:

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

What are you even talking for a nonsense? Ozai wouldn't know anything about Azula's redirection cause he wasn't even a bender anymore as she learned it, furthermore is Ozai a proven idiot by attempting lightning against Aang(after Zuko explicitly told him that he will help the Avatar). He wasn't even faster than EoS Zuko with his firebending and was straight up slower than Kemurikage Azula with his lightning, his physical feats are non-existent outside of durability. Also was he already less skilled, versatile, creative, precise than EoS Azula, let alone Kemurikage Azula.

Or shortly: Kemurikage Azula would solo this.

With that being said, considering this thread is about different versions:

No changes:

R1:

R2:

Honestly, in Round 1 by hype and feats combined, kemurikage Azula solostomps, whereas adding Zuko makes it a mismatch.

In Round 2, same thing, only Azula kills him more easily, since a comet-enhanced instant lightning is even deadlier for Ozai than a regular one (it's not like his durability against lightning improves due to the comet, either).

The thing is that, if Ozai were to avoid shooting lightning, then he could definitely overwhelm and beat Zuko (even with swords), but he's completely shit out of luck against Azula, who can take him down with a clap of her hands.

And with Zuko, like I'd said earlier, she can shoot one lightning directly at Ozai and another at Zuko so that he can redirect it at Ozai and they can doubly electrocute him.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai wins round one by hype and stomps in round two by feats. Ozai knows Zuko can redirect lightning, so he wouldn't use it against him.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai wins round one by hype and stomps in round two by feats. Ozai knows Zuko can redirect lightning, so he wouldn't use it against him.

And? Azula can both redirect lightning and kill him instantly with her own, especially in Round 2.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: Book three Azula can't redirect lightning and Ozai can easily dodge it.