Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

No Caption Provided

- Doomsday is limited to Death of Superman feats.

- Movie, TAS and Comic feats for Optimus.

- Bloodlusted

- Basic Knowledge

- BFR allowed

- Standard Gear

- Battle takes place on NYC

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday's best quantifiable feat as he was written in DoS was shaking the general vicinity and causing the windows of 1 nearby building to shatter against Superman when both were throwing their strongest punches. Bayformers Optimus alone is enough to beat him, throwing in the other versions makes it a mismatch.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime.

God_Particle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By God_Particle

Optimus stomps.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: That‘s not true at all.

No Caption Provided

Their punches were shatttering windows from Metropolis to Gotham.

Bayformers Optimus gets oneshotted.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pipxeroth

@kanyecosby: Except OP states that Doomsday is limited to feats from Death of Superman, which I'm assuming means as he was written in the original story, not just the DoS incarnation in general. There are plenty of statements of their blows being more powerful than that in later comics because writers want to bring the scale of the original battle up as Superman's power continued to increase post-Byrne era, including a statement of their blows shaking the whole planet, but they're not relevant here.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimus Prime wins.

LJayG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, Optimus can just get his trailer mecha suit, and lay waste on him. Not to mention, he made it to space in a couple with his jets, and destroy parts of Shockwave's weird robot worm in DotM.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo are we limiting it to only what we saw in DoS, or are we including what was revealed in other stories that happened as a result of what happened in DoS? if the latter is true, then I guess I would favor Doomsday. I'm not too familiar to what Prime can do though.

@lvenger do you have the scan that talks about Blue Beetle and Booster Gold told a Daily Planet reporter that Doomsday's punches were so strong, they had registered on US Seismographs all over the country? You talked about it here https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/lvenger/blog/doomsday-rankings-weakest-to-strongest-incarnation/130114/

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Paytience

You could honestly just make this any version of Doomsday, and Optimus could still probably beat him.

Prime is no joke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @Lvenger@thekinfing, that's exactly the scan I was referring to.

:)

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Lol, what feats does Optimus have that put him on the level of HP Doomsday?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: I see. I assumed you were talking about DoS in general. I apologize. I interpreted the OP as saying he has all feats from DoS, not just from the original storyline.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Prime has the power output to kill him, but I'm not sure if he could tag Doomsday- even with just DoS feats, he was pretty fast. Does Prime have anything that could make him react properly to his shots?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: Killing a reality warper with his bare hands. (Nemesis Prime). Bombarding Thunderwing with so much power that he shut down. Thunderwing possesses an exotic form of unstable energy that threatened the universe. Survived being tossed into a black whole. Survived a point blank shot by shockwave who at the time was powered by space time itself. He and Megatron's punches leveled a city damn near.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Paytience

@kanyecosby: The destruction of unicron calc'd at 40 yotatons...for example. Megatron shrugged an explosion that moved a planets orbit, and Prime can 2 shot him. He one shotted armor made from material half a TRILLION times denser than osmium, and survived a collapsing wormhole. He has walked off explsions far exceeding 100 megatons and can move at relativistic speeds.

Say again...You could honestly just make this any version of Doomsday, and Optimus could still probably beat him.

Prime is no joke.

Also....9,000,000 years of combat experience.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Why do all of these numbers feel inconsistent? If he can shrug off a blast that can move a planet, a 100 megaton+ blast shouldn't even phase him. I don't think we can quantify what ''survived a collapsing wormhole'' means either.

So would you favor him over guys like Superman and the like? I've never got into transformers, so I'm honestly curious about his power here.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By XLR87T3

@kanyecosby: Killing a reality warper with his bare hands. (Nemesis Prime). Bombarding Thunderwing with so much power that he shut down. Thunderwing possesses an exotic form of unstable energy that threatened the universe. Survived being tossed into a black whole. Survived a point blank shot by shockwave who at the time was powered by space time itself. He and Megatron's punches leveled a city damn near.

No Caption Provided

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Paytience

@kirkseven: youre misunderstanding...the blast he walked off was far greater than 100 megatons and it DIDNT phase him. He literally walked through it. I only use the 100 megaton number because the feat was compared to another feat; and the conclusion was that Primes feat far eclipsed it since the explosion he walked out of was faaaarrrr greater than the 100-150 megatons it was being compared to.

"Survived a collapsing wormhole" means he survived at a point of infinite gravity right before it exploded in on itself...literally surviving spacetime collpasing around him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: youre misunderstanding...the blast he walked off was far greater than 100 megatons and it DIDNT phase him. He literally walked through it. I only use the 100 megaton number because the feat was compared to another feat; and the conclusion was that Primes feat far eclipsed it since the explosion he walked out of was faaaarrrr greater than the 100-150 megatons it was being compared to.

The way you worded it the first time didn't really suggest that, but K.

I would think even this version of Doomsday could survive a 100 mt+ explosion given how long he was able to fight Superman.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhmm, universal Optimus Prime? I don't really know anything about him, but really?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KanyeCosby

@nelomaxwell: Killing a reality earlier isn’t that impressive, unless said character has impressive durability feats. That feat with Thunderbird sounds like a really big outlier, unless you want me to believe that Optimus is universal. If we went into outliers, Doomsday has beaten Superman who has outlier feats like tanking universal destruction, oneshotting Soulfire Darkseid, and shattering Tim and Space as a side effect to his punches. This is just scratching the surface of Superman outlier feats. Surviving being tossed into a black hole is impressive, but Doomsday scales to Superman who has done the same thing. That feat with Shockwave also sounds impressive, but it’s not really quantifiable. Leveling a city isn’t impressive to Doomsday.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Superman has survived way more powerful things than the destruction of Unicron, such as surviving a supernova and the collision of two planets larger than stars. There are various versions of Doomsday that have been shown to be superior to Superman, including HP. I seriously doubt that Prime can consistently two shot Megatron, seeing as how he fails to do that same thing almost every other time they fight. That feat with osmium sounds impressive, but Doomsday has stomped Darkseid and casually broken an amped Superman’s arm. A one hundred megaton blast isn’t that impressive, because Doomsday no sold a blast equal to one million nukes. Relativistic Speed isn’t that impressive to a guy that can keep up with Superman.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I don't know about him being universal or anything since I'm not a Transformers expert, but I do remember seeing some pretty crazy scans involving him in the past. He's certainly more impressive than people generally think, at least his comic version is.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@kirkseven: Yeah that's the one @thekinfing did well to post it. I do recall talking about it on that thread.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WollfMyth209

If by Death of Superman we include the entire crossover event then this Doomsday was still kicking the ever-living sh!te out of the Justice League International, which included Maxima, Guy Gardner and Bloodwynd, on top of them having Superman's help throughout most of the fight. He's moved "faster than the Flash" in his fight against Booster, was murking Clark throughout most of their fight, no-sold Maxima's best blows, no-sold the combined attack of the JLI+Superman, etc. He'd tear Optimus apart.

Bionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomday wins

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can’t be serious if you think Doomsday wins here.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimus is that powerful??

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

H/P Doomsday easily broke through an Imperiex Probe's armour, something Kyle Rayner (a casual planet buster) couldn't do. He also took punches from both Earth-1 and Earth-2 Supermen at the same time; this is important because Earth-2 Superman (from infinite crisis) has actual Star busting feats.

However DoS DD wasn't that strong, it was revealed in Infinite Crisis that the only reason Superman died against DoS Doomsday was because he held back too much and it costed him his life. While Earth-2 Superman was living Earth-1 Superman's life (during their battle) he killed DoS Doomsday without sacrificing himself.

I don't know how strong Optimus Prime is but I just think people saying he can easily beat H/P Doomsday don't truly know how strong he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: To be fair, I think the "Superman holding back" thing was balanced out by the fact he had help from the Justice league international, the military and the fact Doomsday could only fight with one arm during the beginning of the story.

Yeah, I also doubt Prime could take HP Doomsday.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: To be fair, I think the "Superman holding back" thing was balanced out by the fact he had help from the Justice league international, the military and the fact Doomsday could only fight with one arm during the beginning of the story.

Yeah, I also doubt Prime could take HP Doomsday.

no, Earth-2 Superman was re-living the exact moment Earth-1 Superman died against Doomsday. They were essentially just mind-swapped

the only difference was that Earth-2 Superman doesn't believe in holding back against monsters

Avatar image for uxasgodoflordsz
UxasGodOfLordsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has this Optimus done that puts him in this matchup?

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RandyButterNubs

In comics Prime killed a reality warper with his bare hands and tank an explosion on Cybertron that was visible from outer space. He also shattered SixShots armor which was made from a collapsed star.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that bashed 1000 green lanterns and killed 100 wins

No Caption Provided

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers