One punch man vs Devilman (CRYBABY version)

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@jashugan:

yeah, no. We have no reference for what's happening here, except that they look like shockwaves.

...Then it's a shockwave. You don't need the characters or narrator of a story to [explicitly] describe/explain what's happening in every scene/panel/frame in order for you to be able to identify what's going on. Common sense would allow you to interpret things when you see them especially if they're explicitly drawn or animated. Seconds before we cut to the montage of explosions they made around Earth, Akira and Ryo were trading blows and attacks that had similar effects. The only difference is the coloration of the shockwaves that were made which were [most likely] the animator's attempts to highlight their sides and the themes they were representing. On paper it's still an amazing feat, while contrary to it Saitama doesn't have anything that stacks up to that output wise; nor any durability feats to suggest he can tank it.

Akira got his arms and legs cut off by attacks that are much weaker than a moon kick. Akira can't regenerate body parts without extra help from demons.

The bolts Satan fired at Akira that were shredding his limbs actually peppered the surface of the planet, and the red circles each individual one made when they touched down (indicating the destruction) are actually incinerating a surface area equivalent to that of small countries.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So the attack in itself is still an order of magnitude more powerful than Boros' moon kick (which caps at multi-mountain+) and Akira failing to tank them merely exhibits his lack of piercing durability. Saitama doesn't even have any piercing attacks to exploit that so it's of no matter.

Saitama actually punched an attack that would at least destroy the surface of the Earth. No extra help means one serious punch demolishes Akira's body and unlike Garou or Boros, Akira won't regenerate from it.

The problem with this statement is that you're assuming Saitama could ever tag Akira. Akira's flight speed is fast enough to escape the AOE and range of serious punch, and in close quaters combat Saitama would never blow because Akira has Light Speed reactions for swerving the moon splitter up close. Saitama could probably do some damage if Serious Punch landed, but it never will and a million years, and Akira could legitimately one-shot him with a punch. He has two other striking feats besides the shared one with Satan that overtax Saitama's physical durability.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@cable_extreme: How is it moot when all I am trying to tell you is that scan is garbage for now. That was it.

Lol, so 1-time feats are conclusive proof now? That means when Spiderman beat Firelord, he is herald level? And that attack was only surface wiper. Destroying part of the earth surface DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN DESTROY EARTH. Yes, he easily deflected it but to say he can punch through a whole planet like that is stupid.

No one is denying he is a surface wiper but not "world level".

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama & Boros are star-level, it's in the guidebook. I don't care what the animation looked like.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: How is it moot when all I am trying to tell you is that scan is garbage for now. That was it.

Lol, so 1-time feats are conclusive proof now? That means when Spiderman beat Firelord, he is herald level? And that attack was only surface wiper. Destroying part of the earth surface DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN DESTROY EARTH. Yes, he easily deflected it but to say he can punch through a whole planet like that is stupid.

No one is denying he is a surface wiper but not "world level".

Scorching the surface of the Earth is World Level.

Spider-man and firelord is inconsistent based on the limits Spider-man has shown, he has showings that suggest his fight with Firelord was PIS. Saitama's cap has not been reached, nothing he has done has proven to be challenging in the slightest. One-Sensei goes out of his way to insure this type of methodology is apparent in every one-punch man fight there is. This feat is cannon and intended by One-sensei's own mouth.

I never said anything about destroying the Earth, however he easily overpowered Boros's attack. Boros made that part quite clear.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kothoga said:

Saitama & Boros are star-level, it's in the guidebook. I don't care what the animation looked like.

No they're not. You're listening to people who don't care what "hoshi" means. Boros's cannon is obviously planet level at the very best.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So people just discredit Saitama overpowering a surface wiper/planet busting attack just because he didn't let it happen? Would the story make sense if Boros destroyed the earth and then Saitama stopped his attack? Even if it was surface wiper it would still be more of what Devilman and Lucifer produced on Earth.

Trndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao @devilman being wanked here

Avatar image for deactivated-5aa08c9c0e091
deactivated-5aa08c9c0e091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama has more than enough firepower needed to cripple Akira, but no way to make his blows connect.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@Trndo said:

Lmao @Saitima being wanked here

Agreed :)

Rxdking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rxdking

@kothoga said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

No Caption Provided

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

...Then it's a shockwave. You don't need the characters or narrator of a story to [explicitly] describe/explain what's happening in every scene/panel/frame in order for you to be able to identify what's going on. Common sense would allow you to interpret things when you see them especially if they're explicitly drawn or animated. Seconds before we cut to the montage of explosions they made around Earth, Akira and Ryo were trading blows and attacks that had similar effects. The only difference is the coloration of the shockwaves that were made which were [most likely] the animator's attempts to highlight their sides and the themes they were representing. On paper it's still an amazing feat, while contrary to it Saitama doesn't have anything that stacks up to that output wise; nor any durability feats to suggest he can tank it.

Saitama punching Boros blast is a greater feat than Akira's puches causing shockwaves.

No Caption Provided

The problem with this statement is that you're assuming Saitama could ever tag Akira. Akira's flight speed is fast enough to escape the AOE and range of serious punch, and in close quaters combat Saitama would never blow because Akira has Light Speed reactions for swerving the moon splitter up close. Saitama can't kill him if Serious Punch landed, but it never will and a million years, and Akira could legitimately one-shot him with a punch. He has two other striking feats besides the shared one with Satan that overtax Saitama's physical durability.

Saitama will tag Akira because they are both brawlers who rely on punching people. We have no context on how fast or how long Akira was even fighting Satan.

Two, one punch of Saitama's will break Akira's arm. It doesn't have to be a cut.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: It is earth surface wiper level. Not the whole earth level.

The Spiderman thing was PIS and as you said, Spiderman has CONSISTENT FEATS to suggest he is NOT on herald level. Saitama on the other hand only has a few feats and the feats he does have, show that this surface wiper level could have been an outlier as well. I am not saying he can't be earth level+ but to claim he is that with ONE FEAT is an OUTLIER for now.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By synchronized_123

@sirfizzwhizz: Akira did absolutely nothing to Ryo and every attack Ryo landed was dismembering Akira.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: scorching the whole surface of the Earth is world level. How can you say it isn’t?

The surface feat is supported and intended by the creator of one punch man. He referred to Boros in an interview as a God-level threat. He also said in an interview that no matter what he puts Saitama up against, he can count on him to get through it.

Saitama consistently progresses to high and better feats while still showing no limit. So far his limit has not been reached and he has NO showings where he has even had to try what-so-ever yet. You cannot claim outlier or PIS if there is nothing to suggest and support your objection. The author and the panel feats support it. It actually even flat out states it.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@cable_extreme: Because earth wasn't going to get destroyed by it. That is surface wiper level which is world level in range. It would not have destroyed the whole earth.

I know what he said about Saitama but as of now, those are ONLY statements. Unless he gets on panel feats, those statements are just that - statements. I am not saying he won't have those feats but he doesn't as of yet.

I know he doesn't have a limit but he still doesn't have the feats. I can claim outlier because until he does that on a regular basis or something better on a regular basis, that SINGLE LONE FEAT is an outlier. 1 feat supports it but nothing else. He doesn't have anything else on that level or even near that level.

Now I know you will say he hasn't faced anyone else of that level but that is why I have been suggesting to delay calling him planet level.

Keyword - DELAY.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Because earth wasn't going to get destroyed by it. That is surface wiper level which is world level in range. It would not have destroyed the whole earth.

I know what he said about Saitama but as of now, those are ONLY statements. Unless he gets on panel feats, those statements are just that - statements. I am not saying he won't have those feats but he doesn't as of yet.

I know he doesn't have a limit but he still doesn't have the feats. I can claim outlier because until he does that on a regular basis or something better on a regular basis, that SINGLE LONE FEAT is an outlier. 1 feat supports it but nothing else. He doesn't have anything else on that level or even near that level.

Now I know you will say he hasn't faced anyone else of that level but that is why I have been suggesting to delay calling him planet level.

Keyword - DELAY.

It doesn't have to destroy the Earth to be Earth level. Example is a meteor which engulfs the whole earth in flames, that is an world level event. What else would it be?

You dismiss the statements made by the author saying I may only use on panel feats, you then dismiss the on panel feat because you claim it is an outlier? That is circular reasoning.

The author (who is the origin of cannon) stated Boros was a God-level threat. This is referencing a character you are trying to dismiss as an outlier. What else would I need to prove it wasn't an outlier? Having the author verify it is about as good as it can get, especially with a single arc. Your bias is denouncing it based on no reason other than your own head cannon. There aren't any contradictory feats to suggest Saitama's feat is an outlier, no every previous feat was done effortlessly in a single punch...

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devilman stomps.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: But that means it was earth level in RANGE. There is a different dude. And engulfing the whole surface of earth in flames doesn't mean it would have destroyed the earth.

The author's words are statements not backed up by feats. And the on panel feat is an outlier because that is not something he had done consistently. And I am not dismissing it, I am just saying it was a high-end feat, not a consistent feat. There is no circular reasoning here.

You need to prove that this is a CONSISTENT showing for him. Just because you face something once doesn't make it consistent, especially in fiction. Just like how you are saying that is consistent for him, I can say that it could have only been a one-time thing because he hasn't faced anything even close to that level after that.

It is an outlier BECAUSE HE HASN'T GOT ANY OTHER FEAT OF THAT LEVEL. You are the one with who doesn't want to understand this. ONE saying Boros was God level is good and all but Saitama still doesn't have other similar feats to prove that feat is consistent.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@theoriginalone:

But that means it was earth level in RANGE. There is a different dude. And engulfing the whole surface of earth in flames doesn't mean it would have destroyed the earth.

How many times do I have to say that no one is saying anyone here destroyed the Earth? I feel like you aren't even reading what I am typing, just saying the same thing repeatedly.

The author's words are statements not backed up by feats. And the on panel feat is an outlier because that is not something he had done consistently. And I am not dismissing it, I am just saying it was a high-end feat, not a consistent feat. There is no circular reasoning here.

The author's statement verifies Boros's statement wasn't a hyperbole. The feat is completely consistent as Saitama's feats gradually ramp up throughout the first season. Each feat he achieves effortlessly which provides context for the next (greater) feat. I mean he jumped up into the air and destroyed a city-sized meteor with a single punch with no effort was so ever from his part. He jumped from the moon after being punched there in less than a second with no injury. He cut a hole through a mountain range without even punching it, you cannot claim inconsistency when his limits have yet to be determined.

You need to prove that this is a CONSISTENT showing for him. Just because you face something once doesn't make it consistent, especially in fiction. Just like how you are saying that is consistent for him, I can say that it could have only been a one-time thing because he hasn't faced anything even close to that level after that.

I already proved the statement wasn't a hyperbole from the author himself. He literally confirmed what the manga claims, proven.

It is an outlier BECAUSE HE HASN'T GOT ANY OTHER FEAT OF THAT LEVEL. You are the one with who doesn't want to understand this. ONE saying Boros was God level is good and all but Saitama still doesn't have other similar feats to prove that feat is consistent.

Provide a feat that shows this to be an outlier. Show him struggling on a "lesser" feat, otherwise your statement is wrong. An outlier in comics/manga is a feat that is past the consistent limits of a character. Saitama has yet to show his limit. Your bias against Saitama even after seeing proof means there is no pleasing you, you have made up your mind.

Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
UltimateMidTier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akira.

Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
UltimateMidTier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kothoga said:

LMAO. Oh boy.............

Red_Leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano said:

@ezraarcher: Regading your question. Personally I think not. I saw it because I had too, but I wouldn't watch it again. Now, if you are a fan of the manga/first show and I think the 90s OVAs, you should totally watch it, probably going to love it.

the 90's OVA is the best piece of anime related anything to ever exist

you must watch it

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@cable_extreme: You are also not reading what I am saying. I agree that it was planet level but only planet surface. But this, in no way, suggests that Saitama can punch through a whole planet like he did in that cover art. And it was YOU who tried to use this feat to claim that Saitama can do what he did in that cover scan.

I have never once said it was a hyperbole. I said that it isn't a consistent feat for Saitama. ANd yes, he destroyed a city-sized meteorite but a city-sized meteorite DOES NOT MEAN he can destroy a planet. Jumping from the moon is a feat that suggests planet busting. Destroying a mountain range DOES NOT mean he can destroy a planet. Are you actually reading what you are typing? Those feats are not even continental level and you are trying to use them to justify his feat with Boros as consistent?

What....

Never said it was a hyperbole, I said it wasn't consistent.

You are the one who is using this feat to prove a pint, IT IS ALSO YOUR JOB TO SHOW IT IS CONSISTENT WITH HIS FEATS. "An outlier in comics/manga is a feat that is past the consistent limits of a character. Saitama has yet to show his limit." Just because Saitama hasn't shown any limits doesn't mean we can use feats that are not consistent with him. A character can be said to have unlimited upper body strength but we can't say he can lift a star unless he does it consistently. Even an amateur can beat an expert at a sport but that is NOT consistent, even if the amateur hasn't shown any limits. It means that he will eventually get to that level/surpass it but now, he doesn't have the feats to prove it.

Your bias towards Saitama also means your mind can't be changed, no matter what logic and proof is given to you.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone:

You are also not reading what I am saying. I agree that it was planet level but only planet surface. But this, in no way, suggests that Saitama can punch through a whole planet like he did in that cover art. And it was YOU who tried to use this feat to claim that Saitama can do what he did in that cover scan.

We already settled that, I used One-sensei's claim that it will be a future feat. I said regardless if you take his word for it or not, there are other feats we can look at (which I showed you the other feats). But since you just admitted it is planet level then I think I have finally got my point across to you.

I have never once said it was a hyperbole. I said that it isn't a consistent feat for Saitama. ANd yes, he destroyed a city-sized meteorite but a city-sized meteorite DOES NOT MEAN he can destroy a planet. Jumping from the moon is a feat that suggests planet busting. Destroying a mountain range DOES NOT mean he can destroy a planet. Are you actually reading what you are typing? Those feats are not even continental level and you are trying to use them to justify his feat with Boros as consistent?

Strawman argument, I never used the meteor feat to support anything but the boros feat. I haven't talked about the other (hole in the planet) since I acknowledged that you don't have to take his word for it many post ago. That is why I have been focusing on the Boros feat.

You are the one who is using this feat to prove a pint, IT IS ALSO YOUR JOB TO SHOW IT IS CONSISTENT WITH HIS FEATS. "An outlier in comics/manga is a feat that is past the consistent limits of a character. Saitama has yet to show his limit." Just because Saitama hasn't shown any limits doesn't mean we can use feats that are not consistent with him. A character can be said to have unlimited upper body strength but we can't say he can lift a star unless he does it consistently. Even an amateur can beat an expert at a sport but that is NOT consistent, even if the amateur hasn't shown any limits. It means that he will eventually get to that level/surpass it but now, he doesn't have the feats to prove it.

I already proved it, I provided the on-panel feat itself along with the creator's commentary. That is how you prove things, you contest it on no other grounds but your own bias. If the feat itself and creators commentary doesn't convince you then there is no pleasing you, there is no scenario were continuing to debate with you (in any forum) would be productive if you continue to use this logic. Provide something that contest the feat besides your own opinion, or I will not reply as I have done my part with providing the feat and the creator commentary to match.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deflecting energy attack with planet busting potency doesn't equate to planet busting strength.

Akira wins this, Saitama lacks showings against high tiers. 3 years passed and Saitama/Boros fight is still his most impressive one. Shame.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@gaoron: who here has planet busting strength?

Are you suggest Akira has those feats?

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: No, just saying that reflecting energy beam with said potency doesn't equate to striking ability. Frieza on Namek kicked planet busting beam for example, does that mean he can destroy planet with the same kick? Obviously not.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: that isn’t’t sound logic. The reason is the force that is used to destroy the surface of the Earth is quite high. The amount of force it takes to stop it is equal to the amount of force it has. You are equating deflection with what Saitama did. He didn’t deflect it, he completely stopped the blast, and had enough power left over to kill Boros, and seperate the jet stream around the Earth. It wasn’t even with a punch but from the displaced air from his hand moving forward. That is easily an equivalent to Boros unless you wish to argue that Boros is stronger than Saitama lol.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: But there is no proof it is force. It's energy attack, energy attacks usually explode, there is no proof that it carried force to surface wipe or planet bust. All Saitma did was repel blast with unknown force.

Snoppy_MoMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: saitama cleared a whole mountain just by punching the air stopped a planet busting attack im pretty sure if he wanted to end te world he couldve done it

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

@cable_extreme: But there is no proof it is force. It's energy attack, energy attacks usually explode, there is no proof that it carried force to surface wipe or planet bust. All Saitma did was repel blast with unknown force.

He stopped an attack with the force to scorch the surface of the Earth. It literally states it for you. There is nothing supporting your doubt.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snoppy_momo: Jump from mountain to planet is huge. That's a wild assumption you are making

@cable_extreme: Show me statement that says Boros beam had force to break surface or planet itself.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

@snoppy_momo: Jump from mountain to planet is huge. That's a wild assumption you are making

@cable_extreme: Show me statement that says Boros beam had force to break surface or planet itself.

No Caption Provided

He was aiming at Saitama, keep that in mind.

Snoppy_MoMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: I know the OPM wank is insane, but your not alone in the sound logic you are using.

Snoppy_MoMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think we won the battle

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: What do you mean? Energy blasts doesn't necessarly carry force of explosions they can make. Just because it could potentially blow up the surface doesn't mean it can crush it with it's force alone and Saitama repeled force of the blast not after effect of it.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Nothing in this scan says his blast carried force to break a surface.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Jirou

Depends on how fast devilman is?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

@cable_extreme: Nothing in this scan says his blast carried force to break a surface.

"I'll wipe you out along with the planet's surface". I don;t see how it could me more literal than that.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Gaoron

@cable_extreme: We are not on the same boat it seems lol It's late here, I'm gonna make a thread about this and tag you later.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snoppy_momo: funny how many people still stating Devilman wins yet your ignorance somehow won this thread.

@gaoron: I agree. Though there is no proof at all that attack is planet busting either altogether. Like I said, The OPM wank is insane and you are not alone in your logic.

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BlackWizzard17

What does devilman have that can take down saitama?

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: And I said that is just a statement and can't be used in a debate. Until it happens on panel, it is just a statement. And I never denied the Boros feat was planet surface level, I said it was an outlier. There is a difference.

No, you quoted that feat, including others to suggest that. You even mentioned them in your previous post. If you weren't trying using them to prove a point, why even mention them?

I know you proved it but what you didn't prove is how is it consistent. I asked more feats like that or better and there is nothing. THIS IS MY MAIN POINT. I am not saying it isn't an actual feast, I am saying it is, for now, a high-end feat/outlier.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone:

And I said that is just a statement and can't be used in a debate. Until it happens on panel, it is just a statement. And I never denied the Boros feat was planet surface level, I said it was an outlier. There is a difference.

It isn't an outlier because there has been no consistency within One Punch Man. He Went from city level feats, mountain level feats, then world level feats, all while being effortless. If One Sensei specifically intended for Boros to be a God level threat (which he flat out stated) then the fight is cannon and legit. You can't argue contrary as your head cannon doesn't trump the creators.

No, you quoted that feat, including others to suggest that. You even mentioned them in your previous post. If you weren't trying using them to prove a point, why even mention them?

Which feat are your referring to? Are you still hung up on the feat I provided on the first page? I already told you if you don't want to accept One sensei's word for it, look at the Boros feat instead.

I know you proved it but what you didn't prove is how is it consistent. I asked more feats like that or better and there is nothing. THIS IS MY MAIN POINT. I am not saying it isn't an actual feast, I am saying it is, for now, a high-end feat/outlier

You keep saying the same thing repeatedly. One sensei created Saitama, he has had no other authors take over. One sensei specifically made him to battle Boros, the whole story led up to that point. One Sensei said in an interview that he intended Boros to be a God level threat. You cannot argue consistency if Saitama's limits have yet to be shown. Consistency refers to the limits of a character. Like Batman beating a kryptonian in hand to hand, that wouldn't be consistent with his character because we know his limits. Saitama has no limits shown yet, and even had Boros explicitly state Saitama hasn't reached his limits yet since he wasn't taking the fight seriously.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: He went from city level to country to around continental. And that is his consistency, shown by his feats. And just because One Punch Man doesn't have consistency, doesn't mean we can't call outliers. That is not how a debate works. WE WORK WITH CONSISTENT FEATS, NOT OUTLIERS. And Saitama is NO exception to this.

Boros feat was ONLY surface level, THAT WAS IT. That cover art showed Saitama punching THROUGH a planet like nothing. DO you understand the DIFFERENCE between the 2?

What are you not getting here? I am not talking about One making Saitama battling Boros, I am saying he hasn't given Saitama CONSISTENT great to suggest that feat wasn't an outlier. Deathstroke tagging flash, without prep, is an outlier. Why - because that is not consistent. There are many examples of outliers I can give you.

"You cannot argue consistency if Saitama's limits have yet to be shown." - This is where you are WRONG. Saitama's limit has nothing to do with consistency, IT IS ABOUT HIS FEATS. Hulk also doesn't have a limit, which has been said ON PANEL but that doesn't mean he can take on Galactus. Having no limit just means that a character has room to grow.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@theoriginalone said:

@cable_extreme: He went from city level to country to around continental. And that is his consistency, shown by his feats. And just because One Punch Man doesn't have consistency, doesn't mean we can't call outliers. That is not how a debate works. WE WORK WITH CONSISTENT FEATS, NOT OUTLIERS. And Saitama is NO exception to this.

Boros feat was ONLY surface level, THAT WAS IT. That cover art showed Saitama punching THROUGH a planet like nothing. DO you understand the DIFFERENCE between the 2?

What are you not getting here? I am not talking about One making Saitama battling Boros, I am saying he hasn't given Saitama CONSISTENT great to suggest that feat wasn't an outlier. Deathstroke tagging flash, without prep, is an outlier. Why - because that is not consistent. There are many examples of outliers I can give you.

"You cannot argue consistency if Saitama's limits have yet to be shown." - This is where you are WRONG. Saitama's limit has nothing to do with consistency, IT IS ABOUT HIS FEATS. Hulk also doesn't have a limit, which has been said ON PANEL but that doesn't mean he can take on Galactus. Having no limit just means that a character has room to grow.

You have no basis for objecting the feat, you repeat the same thing over and over despite me showing the feat and providing the author's intent. You then try to argue that you know better than One-Sensei by stating what is or isn't reasonable for Saitama despite the creator verifying the feat itself. I don't wish to continue a conversation where you reject multifaceted evidence on the basis of your own bias. I won't reply unless you provide an actual evidence to object Saitama's feat with Boros.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: The author intent is not a FEAT, it is a statement. How many times do I have to tell you this? I do have the basis of objecting the feat because it is NOT CONSISTENT as of yet. The basis if my argument is that it is not consistent. Because in a debate, we use consistent feats, not outlier feats.

Other than that, I agree that this is an ACTUAL feat and not an hyperbole like some other users claimed.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@theoriginalone said:

@cable_extreme: The author intent is not a FEAT, it is a statement. How many times do I have to tell you this? I do have the basis of objecting the feat because it is NOT CONSISTENT as of yet. The basis if my argument is that it is not consistent. Because in a debate, we use consistent feats, not outlier feats.

Other than that, I agree that this is an ACTUAL feat and not an hyperbole like some other users claimed.

Dang it, you keep baiting my reply. Look at the underlined statements, your objection with "consistency" doesn't matter when

• The limit of Saitama hasn't been established
  • The author states he intended Saitama to beat a God-level Boros (not a feat, context)
  • Consistency only matters when a character goes passed their limits.

You object to the feat on the basis of you claiming it is an outlier and not consistent. The author's statements dispel that idea yet you still hold onto it with no other evidence what so ever. I don't know what else I could ask for, a feat with author/creator verification. You cannot get more cannon and real than that in any comic/manga. One-Sensei isn't a writer that took over Saitama for a manga run, no he is the creator, the original source for cannon. If he verifies a feat, you can't really argue against it without something tangible.