Omni-man(comic) vs Monster Garou

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Omni-man(comic) vs Monster Garou (96 votes)

Good fight but Garou 28%
Good fight but omni 16%
Garou stomps and chops 26%
Omni man claps 24%
Results 6%
No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

• 
Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

Bonus round: if Boros joins Garou team and general thragg joins omni man who you think would win?

Avatar image for terrorkinggrimm
terrorkinggrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omniman is like Boros tier. Maybe even above

He wins for now

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see. In the Canon comic of Tick vs Invincible Viltrum War Invincible at that, weaker than Omni Man for context, we see Invincible kick a moon.

Viltrumite War Mark hurls Tick and himself with enough force to kick this dwarfs planet/moon size planetoid out of its orbit, through swath of space, and onto the surface of Mars. Tick himself is only building busting level in comics, Stated twice his only real super power is nigh-invulnerability, toon force like durability. Also stated by the Martian that Tick is inferior to Martian's strength and power, however a Viltrumite is the most powerful being in Tick universe by comparison by said Martian. So we see Mark was using Tick's as a nigh invulnerable bullet. Momentum which Mark had to create with his own strength. This feat of throwing Tick with the needed force and kicking moon with Tick as a glorified bullet is all Invincible power. This feat is actual canon. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/invincible-crossover-canon-2262961/

Mean Supreme is a character who showed the power to bust worlds. Respect Thread here for Mean Supreme (Liefeld Supreme) and the inferior and weaker Moore Supreme. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/supreme-respect-thread-2193843/ In the previous comic, Omni-Man fights into a stalemate Mean Supreme who never holds back and destroyed Suprema. This feat is actual canon. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/invincible-crossover-canon-2262961/

Viltrumite War Mark and Omni Man feat of durability and power. Planet Viltrum is 1.5 the gravity of Earth, which makes it by calcs 3-6 times denser than Earth. Thaddeus states they need to reach the core of the planet at same time as Space Rider energy beam or die on impact with the denser than Earth planet core. The energy beam only used to destabilize the core, which would re stabilize near instantly. The Omni-Man, Thaddeus, and Invincible physically punch through the planet at light speeds by art. The last scan also confirms the trio indeed "punch through a planet".

Omni Man comfortable solos the OPM verse :)

And Bump.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bonus round: if Boros joins Garou team and general thragg joins omni man who you think would win?

Thragg and Omni Man easily wreck the Boros Garou combo. No contest.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Invincible high-ball might beat OPM

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Garou is too inconsistent. Omni-Man should win, for now.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcer said:

Garou is too inconsistent. Omni-Man should win, for now.

Inconsistent how?

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really bad matchup for Nolan. He's outclassed both in combat speed and skill, and if you look at the consistent feats from Invincible in his own series, in AP aswell. Even if you take the crossovers as his consistent feats, he has no defense for Garou's internal damage techniques, in fact, Viltrumites are weaker in the inside than the outside as proven by Robot:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Garou specializes in internal attacks, and has planetary AP with them. Nolan isn't tanking those. Garou also has pressure points techniques which Nolan hasn't shown resistance to. Garou has also tanked multiple normal punches from Saitama, which have been shown to be multicontinental against Boros and small planetary against Orochi, so it will be difficult for Nolan to harm him. Even if Nolan does hurt Garou, he can regenerate almost instantly, and Nolan can't overcome that. The only chance Nolan has is if he bullrushes Garou into the sun at max speed, but he's never done that, and Garou can fly now. Garou takes this 9.5/10

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick said:

@morghulis: lmao

Their high-end feats from other series crossovers and such are outliers next to their actual showings in the series. If a character is portrayed one way in their original solo series, why consider the fact they have ‘planetary’ feats when they don’t have feats on that magnitude originally?

You're about to make Kaiju mad with that statement 😂 Uhh what do you think of this https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/invincible-crossover-canon-2262961/?

I've read that thread, yeah. And it can make him mad, but it's okay (the difference between me and him is that he dislikes OPM, and I like both series.)

Thats not true actually. I think OPM is some insane good art, and love the Villains in it. Tatsumaki is hot and powerful. Only character I hate is Saitama himself actually. I think Saitama makes a great anime/manga garbage everytime he is on page/screen.

Take Saitama out the manga be one of my favs.

For the record. I hate Naruto, that I am totally bias against. One Piece too, hate the art and story and characters.

As for Outliers, the canon is canon and thats alot of outliers. Even in their own comics, only mere 160 issues of it, we have dozen of moon level statements, and moon feats. Dozens of them which is far more consistent than outliers in OPM manga high ends as of now. Only recently we have a statement from Saitama can destroy the world, yet Invincible has two such statements. Several more semi stating it.

The real bias is against Invincible. Clearly.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kaijuking
@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

This is a really bad matchup for Nolan. He's outclassed both in combat speed and skill, and if you look at the consistent feats from Invincible in his own series, in AP aswell. Even if you take the crossovers as his consistent feats, he has no defense for Garou's internal damage techniques, in fact, Viltrumites are weaker in the inside than the outside as proven by Robot:

Garou specializes in internal attacks, and has planetary AP with them. Nolan isn't tanking those. Garou also has pressure points techniques which Nolan hasn't shown resistance to. Garou has also tanked multiple normal punches from Saitama, which have been shown to be multicontinental against Boros and small planetary against Orochi, so it will be difficult for Nolan to harm him. Even if Nolan does hurt Garou, he can regenerate almost instantly, and Nolan can't overcome that. The only chance Nolan has is if he bullrushes Garou into the sun at max speed, but he's never done that, and Garou can fly now. Garou takes this 9.5/10

Interesting, can I see the internal attack abilities? This may be the only legit counter.

Also how is Omni Man slower? How???

No Caption Provided

Viltrumites are stated able to practically ignore laws of Inertia, and move at high speeds near what seems instantaneous time frame.

Omni-Man's speed is stated to ignore gravity, and stated that near light speeds Omni-Man has lightspeed reaction due to time dilation that comes with traveling at those speeds. Omni-Man speed can by pass Speed of Light due to the sub space jumping of his atoms.

No Caption Provided

Allen is stated to attain near light speed in space, as well on planets, but reaching such speeds would damage the planet from his speed alone, so he does not go fast on planets intentionally to not damage them though he can.

No Caption Provided

Stated even characters like Allen much like Viltrumites reflexes are proportion to the speeds he attains. Faster Allen is going the faster his reflexes.

The super power villain Cho was so fast that he can land 100 punches in what appeared to be 1 punch. Even when Robot slowed footage down by x100, the villain was still appearing as a multi image. Robot states this is close to Viltrumite Combat Speed.

Racer tracks and follows a low level Viltrumite flying from one solar system to another, meaning traveling at FTL Speeds. Speeds shown in the panels. Space Racer at these speeds even navigates through a asteroid field.

No Caption Provided

Racer stated he could somewhat keep track of the battle across the planet at rapid rates between Battle Beast and Thragg. Thats Viltrumite Speed.

No Caption Provided

Viltrumite War Mark again in one page flies so fast the stars are blurs.

As stated the planets are moving so fast they are blurs. Moving FTL speeds across the galaxy. Viltrumites many light years away locked on to this ship, and bull rush it. The ship tries to change course at FTL speeds, and the Viltrumites simply reacted and follow the course change. Ramming the ship. The escape ship in the last scan proves the ship that was destroyed never slowed in FTL speeds since Mark notice the escape ship was moving faster then the original ship. A clear FTL reaction and attack feat.

Viltrumite War Mark and Omni Man in a clear showing of on panel lightspeed, is able to keep up with the Laser, Thaddeus, and Omni-Man. A showing of reaction and combat speed as Mark is smiling to his father as his father helps pull him closer.

Wow thats alot of combat, and reaction and flight speed so far beyond OMP.

KillSJWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omni-man one-shots

DinckleBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou blitzes and one-shots.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kaijuking

@akz: i dont see it. Feat for feat they roughly match. Scaling and statements Omni Man still edges out there. Speed is all Omni Man if he decides to go all out speed wise, Planet consequences be damn.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kaijuking

@akz: yes he bulge a part of a planet. A bulge that was made by siesmic waves from one side to the other.

Meanwhile Mark has kick a large moon to Mars. Omni Man double KO Mean Supreme. Tech Jacket threw a large space ship from Earths Orbit to the Sun in less than a hour time frame. 3 Viltrumites at FTL or near it speeds smash through all layers of a planet denser than earth, and blew out the back side.

Im not impress by the bulge in Earth.

Then add in the clear speed superiority of Omni Man.

Talonzone21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou stomps after latest feat

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

And you’ve seen the calcs?

I seen questionable cook calcs. Calcs that say its plant busting yet no planet was busted as Spacebattle nerds rightly challenge and came with lower end calcs. I dont need calcs. Omni Man has statements of wrecking worlds on his own like all Viltrumites, flew through a world denser than earth, and stalemated Supreme for high end. Better than that "cooked" calc.

A normal moon, and that is not consistent for him. Pushing the mass of the moon at such speeds that he did (with little help from Tick) would be enough KE to destroy stars. Yeah, it’d be star level.

Tick did not help. Prove how Tick help outside being a glorified bullet which again is all Marks power. Tick has barely any super strength, and stated as such in his comic. He is nigh invulnerable as a power. Toon force durability.

Also "Consistency."!!!! I can claim Garou feat is inconsistent. Prove me wrong,. show me Garou doing this feat multiple times or better? Such a bitch argument. Invincible has like only 160 appearances in comics, and its inconsistent? Bullshit. You damn well know it too AKZ. Viltrumites have several statements of heavily damaging or tearing planets apart. They have writer statements alluding to planetary level. They have several feats of casual moon busting levels. they also have canon crossover scaling to planet busters in turn. Garou has barely any feats in Web Comic, Anime, and this ONE SINGLE feat in Manga and he is consistent but we ignore the high ends of Mark as Inconsistent.

AKZ my man, you have to see the issue using that word with Omni Man or Mark and not OPM characters who have barely any "high ends" like Viltrumites in a short ass Comic run.

Supreme is a consistent planet buster so I don’t really take that as consistent for Nolan, seeing as I put him at high multi continental - low moon level tops.

Again, see rant above. Show me consistent feats from Garou otherwise your bein a hypocrite.

This is actually much more unimpressive than you may think. Only hard part was throwing it out the atmosphere, then whatever direction it’s going in it goes at at constant speed as there’s no air resistance in space. This wouldn’t be higher than Continental I’m pretty sure.

He threw something ftl. Show me one real world example of FTL thrown object. The energy it takes to go FTL at all much less throwing something at said speed. We can wank it if we really wanted to wank with real science. You know this.

Yeah, and I calced that remember. I take that as legit ofc and basically their best consistent feat. Puts Nolan at Multi Continental alone and through scaling, Thragg, EoS Mark, Allen, BB etc at Moon.

Yes and somehow that weaker than a weaker planet like Earth bulging and not busting? Spacebattles called this shit out on the plethora of Garou vs (insert planet buster here) character threads spam there too.

It’s much more impressive than you are thinking it is.

Earth was not busted, or even majorly damage.

None. Nolan’s best speed in terms of combat comes in the form of time dilation which is naturally occurring when one speeds up. Of course, when Nolan is in space, he can be applicable to have these FTL+ combat/perception/reaction speeds, but it takes place on Earth where his flight is obv more restricted due to the atmosphere.

False. As stated he can wreck planets on speed alone if on Earth. Thats why they dont do that shit on Earth. True he needs to to move fast, but false that he cant move that fast on earth. We seen them move ftl in the atmosphere of Viltrum which debunks your claim as well Allen the Alien bio statement.

Garou however, has shown FTL+ combat speed on Earth alone and could tag Saitama using skill of determining fight patterns alone.

Another speed feat challenge by calcers. "roll eyes" at least I dont need a calc for Omni Man. Its stated as fact and we see for fact as he crosses lightyears in two weeks. Facts. You have a highly challenge and cook calc. Wow. The OPM bias is not showing at all.

If the fight is taken to space then Nolan has a clear advantage as he has the vacuum of space to himself with peak speed, he should win there. But on Earth… Garou takes it imo.

Well thats a shame. You will rely on fan calcs and the single rare high ends of Garou.

Ignore statements, scaling, actual stated speeds, and high ends of a short comic run for Omni Man.

WTH...

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedailybagel  Moderator

@kaijuking:

You damn well know it too AKZ. Viltrumites have several statements of heavily damaging or tearing planets apart. They have writer statements alluding to planetary level

lol

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kaijuking

@akz:

Speed Arguments

So you still want to pretend they canty go faster than Mach whatever in Atmosphere? Ok.

So we have Kirkmen writing Allen stating if too close on planet they can ruin it at FTL speeds. In space this wouldn't matter, as we seen them in space just going near lightspeed next to planets, so must be the fact they are in the Planets field somewhere.

No Caption Provided

And yet again we see Kirkmen showing insane speed use on a planet like Viltrum. The art is clear and suggest they went slower than Speed of light is dishonest.

No Caption Provided

Something he never does on Earth. A feat from the Show WRITTEN BY KIRKMEN!!!!!

No Caption Provided

Thats faster than Mach 10, Mach 1000, Mach 10,000. Alot faster.

Explained above, and why was Earth not damaged with OM and Supreme’s clash? I mean artist wanted to show a shockwave did occur, why make it a small one knowing their power levels?

Same reason why Superman can bench a planet but struggle with mountain busting damage on Earth vs other foes. Same reason Planet busting Saitama cant bust Earth at all with serious punches. Same reason why Hulk never busts earth but magically fights to the limits planet and continent busters with city level damage lmao. Not a good counter, this applies to OPM fights too smh.

I don’t think you read OPM to know about his different forms.

Webcomic is the only other form with "possible lightspeed" and has many more feats than Manga, Yet there the feats are also questionable, thats why Manga is use in battle forums. So not a good point.

It’s stated that Garou was creating hundreds of light constellation with FF and PS. Boom, no calc needed. Let’s not pretend you don’t use calcs as well, like you tried to use mine against me a few days ago for Mark. You damn well know I like Invincible more than OPM, nice try though.

Wow sounds like fancy flowery HYPERBOLE to me. How about time and distance? Nothing? How about simple easy to read they are FTL statement? No? Hmmm....

Bias Arguments

So you think Star Level KE is not inconsistent? Bullshit. He could’ve solo’d the Viltrum feat millions of times over then.

Is it insane high end? Sure. Makes sense? Nope. But we allow it for OPM high ends....

I ignore outliers, as well as anti-feats (which you do too, except you consider outliers). Only thing I take is within the middle in the consistency spectrum. Garou has dozen times less appearances than Nolan.

Its bias. Simple as that. Invincible is the closest thing to Manga in Western Comics.

• Limited issues. Not 1000s or 10.000s issues like Marvel and DC. Thus consistency is not a big problem.
  • Has a single main writer and 2 other writers who wrote for Skybound Universe under Kirkmen, and had to get Kirkmens nod. Not like Marvel or DC with 100s of writers or editors.
  • Has more "high ends" than Garou all 1 or 2 high end feats. Garou does not even scale to Saitama who never is push to limits or fights serious either.

But in the end we chose Garou feats as gospel and want to hand wave Invincible high ends. Totally fair and not bias. The fact we have to rely on Garou 1-2 feats to say he wins and ignore Omni Man and marks high ends and statements is bullshit. Pure and simple.

Why you being so hostile and irked all the time?

This is classic me actually. Also you disappointed me. Like really let me down here. Let me ask you this. if we accepted the "high ends/outliers" would Omni Man win? If we ignore the 1-2 high ends feats of Garou could he win? Think about it.

@thedailybagel: As above anyone wanting and choose to side with 1-2 calc feats for Garou but ignored the multiple ones for Omni Man favor, thats bias. Pure and simple.

Lets compare high ends to high ends only. Oh wait Garou gets thrashed hard then... thats right. The Invincible bias still going strong lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-633515ca77612
deactivated-633515ca77612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou outskills and stomps so hard its not even funny.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking:

Wow sounds like fancy flowery HYPERBOLE to me. How about time and distance? Nothing? How about simple easy to read they are FTL statement? No? Hmmm....

Wth?? how is an on panel feat with time frame n everything and quantifiable ways to scale how much distance they traveled hyperbole...

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kaijuking
@deyyy said:

@kaijuking:

Wth?? how is an on panel feat with time frame n everything and quantifiable ways to scale how much distance they traveled hyperbole...

Show me. Maybe Im thinking of another feat.

While your at it show me several more feats of clear time and distance, or stated flat out light speed. So I know its not a Outlier. Fair is fair since all of Omni man feats are outliers here.

Thank you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking

Show me. Im thinking of another feat.

You can clearly see the time frame and the great distance they travelled.

While your at it show me several more feats of clear time and desistance,

Saitama moving fast enough to see the back of his head

or stated flat out light speed. So I know its not a Outlier. Fair is fair since all of Omni man feats are outliers here.

lightspeed precog
lightspeed precog

Outside of feats there is also scaling that puts other OPM characters that i didn't show at LS/FTL.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:

Garou outskills and stomps so hard its not even funny.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kaijuking
@deyyy said:

@kaijuking

or stated flat out light speed. So I know its not a Outlier. Fair is fair since all of Omni man feats are outliers here.

No Caption Provided

Outside of feats there is also scaling that puts other OPM characters that i didn't show at LS/FTL.

cough cough...

No Caption Provided

Even on Space Battles people get different numbers lol. fan calc...not clear at all lmao.

Omni-Man is stated to left Earth with only two weeks to hold his breath. In that two weeks Omni-Man sat around in space, and then finds a habitable planet that Earth has not discovered yet far away.

Earth to Pluto is around 7.5 billion kilometers in less than two weeks. CLEAR AND PRECISE TIME AND DISTANCE and that lowballing as Omni Man went to nearest planet lightyears away under two weeks lololol.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:

@kaijuking

No Caption Provided

cough cough...

No Caption Provided

Even on Space Battles people get different numbers lol. fan calc...not clear at all lmao.

Omni-Man is stated to left Earth with only two weeks to hold his breath. In that two weeks Omni-Man sat around in space, and then finds a habitable planet that Earth has not discovered yet far away.

7.5 billion kilometers in less than two weeks. CLEAR AND PRECISE TIE AND DISTANCE lololol.

This doesn't disprove anything tbh. The fact that there are multiple calcs on this feat and none of the results of said calc are even below FTL should give you the idea that this feat is not below FTL at all.

7.5 billion kilometers in less than two weeks. CLEAR AND PRECISE TIE AND DISTANCE lololol.

Travel speed does not correlate to combat speed. This is a clear travel speed feat.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kaijuking
@deyyy said:

Travel speed does not correlate to combat speed. This is a clear travel speed feat.

As long he is moving at that speed he can fight and react at that speed. Kirkmen confirms this, Three times!!!

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

You only have a point if Omni Man refuses to use his speed. Too bad he will.

Red Rush has one of the fastest reaction and combat times in the comic. As seen he can hold a conversation with his girlfriend while running over Russia saving people and beating villains. Red Rush was so fast his girlfriend never notice he was moving at all to save the day at first. In the Guardians lair, Omni man speed wise blitzes all the Guardians including the speedy Red Rush, and Immortal who also has super speed could not even see Omni-Man do it.

No Caption Provided

Invincible states his father in the Flaxan fight was so fast that he seem to appear where he was needed.

Too bad he will.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:

As long he is moving at that speed he can fight and react at that speed. Kirkmen confers this, Three times!!!

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

I did not know about the second scan u posted. Is it legit? and is the consistent speed feats in invincible are in the same degree as this feat? because it could be an outlier after all, just asking.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:
@kaijuking said:
@deyyy said:

As long he is moving at that speed he can fight and react at that speed. Kirkmen confers this, Three times!!!

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

I did not know about the second scan u posted. Is it legit? and is the consistent speed feats in invincible are in the same degree as this feat? because it could be an outlier after all, just asking.

Could it be outlier? Thats the question. These characters have high ends and low ends like most comics. What we know for facts is these characters have stated speed reaction equal to speed they are going, and they can go MFTL in space and lightspeed or faster on planet though it will heavily damage or destroy said planet as Kirkmen wrote three times for Viltrum, Bio, and Show feats.

My point remains, if we use Garou best feats, then fair is fair for Omni Man. At least these Omni man feats are consistent as in the More Than Once in statements how their speed works, in time and distance for flying around, and use in combat.

If we compare the two best feat for feat (whether statements, scaling or calcs) and how their powers work, I think Omni man clearly wins. We have to take Garou best feats and nerf Omni Man best feats for Garou to win then. Thats says alot. IMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy said:
@kaijuking said:
@deyyy said:

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

Could it be outlier? Thats the question. These characters have high ends and low ends like most comics. What we know for facts is these characters have stated speed reaction equal to speed they are going, and they can go MFTL in space and lightspeed or faster on planet though it will heavily damage or destroy said planet as Kirkmen wrote three times for Viltrum, Bio, and Show feats.

My point remains, if we use Garou best feats, then fair is fair for Omni Man. At least these Omni man feats are consistent as in the More Than Once in statements how their speed works, in time and distance for flying around, and use in combat.

If we compare the two best feat for feat (whether statements, scaling or calcs) and how their powers work, I think Omni man clearly wins. We have to take Garou best feats and nerf Omni Man best feats for Garou to win then. Thats says alot. IMO

Can you show another feat on this level then? if you can and its the actual consistent speed in invincible then its obv not an outlier.

These characters have high ends and low ends like most comics

Every series has high ends and low ends. But in the invincible case that we are talking about if this high end speed feat is not consistent with other invincible speed feats then its an outlier i believe. If this said low ends overcome the high end then the scaling starts to get bad and wonky inverse and the said low ends become the consistent level where invincible characters scale to IMO.

My point remains, if we use Garou best feats,

the thing is Garou's best feats are his own consistency tho. While comics have a lot of low ends which fucks up the scaling, and again if the low ends overcome the high ends then said low ends become the consistent level where the characters operate at.

. At least these Omni man feats are consistent as in the More Than Once in statements how their speed works, in time and distance for flying around, and use in combat.

Ok if this feat that you showed me is the consistent speed in invincible then can you show me another feat as good as this? if you can i'll concede.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really hyped for and if the OPM verse expands, which seems likely. We might get into a similar situation eventually.

Kajin_Style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omni-man claps Garou.

He's just built different, literally.

Gnkocurvq2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cergic

Jesus christ .. the moment people start relying on "Calcs" and "real science" combined to justify how a character works andhow things scale a certain way, but at the same time refuse to apply it backwards in order to highlight just how unreliable or even outright flawed it is to use Calcs" and "real science" is the moment i roll my eyes and sighs.

Point being that calculations quickly shows how little sense and how ungrounded the OPM (or most verses for that matter) is regarding the science and quantifiable metrics that we use IRL. The atmosphere would act as if hydrogen bombs went off left to right, combustions would go off, limbs would cease to have mass and so on if people genuinely calculated the characters mass + the hype claims. It's not a good approach.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kaijuking
@cergic said:

Jesus christ .. the moment people start relying on "Calcs" and "real science" combined to justify how a character works andhow things scale a certain way, but at the same time refuse to apply it backwards in order to highlight just how unreliable or even outright flawed it is to use Calcs" and "real science" is the moment i roll my eyes and sighs.

Point being that calculations quickly shows how little sense and how ungrounded the OPM (or most verses for that matter) is regarding the science and quantifiable metrics that we use IRL. The atmosphere would act as if hydrogen bombs went off left to right, combustions would go off, limbs would cease to have mass and so on if people genuinely calculated the characters mass + the hype claims. It's not a good approach.

Are we talking for Invincible or Garou? After all One Punch Man relies on calcs and fan calcs. Completely. Where Invincible has actual writer and in comic statements of stated speeds, what they can bust, and the level of foes they can fight and win.

Meanwhile all we can scale Garou too is the superior Saitama who never sweats the fight, thus bad scaling, and Garou speed calcs and strength calcs is all he has. By statements his punch was "mountain level" as stated.

Im just saying....

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting enough, most people dont think this OMG WTH Garou feat is planetary it seems.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ServeSJWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ServeSJWs
@cergic said:

They're the same hypocrites that say characters with MFTL+ flight speed can't bust a planet because RL physics doesn't apply to them for some unknown reason.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cergic
@kaijuking said:
@cergic said:

Are we talking for Invincible or Garou? After all One Punch Man relies on calcs and fan calcs. Completely. Where Invincible has actual writer and in comic statements of stated speeds, what they can bust, and the level of foes they can fight and win.

Meanwhile all we can scale Garou too is the superior Saitama who never sweats the fight, thus bad scaling, and Garou speed calcs and strength calcs is all he has. By statements his punch was "mountain level" as stated.

Im just saying....

In this case i'm refering a lot to opm universe. Invincible series at least does a half-assed attempt at explaining why something works odd, or why the logic we as readers are used to isn't applicable. I mean, i'm fine with him saying that Viltrumite genetic's a slight mystery. Ok, cool. That's good enough to cover a lot of questions. But that's not what we see in OPM.