Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts
No Caption Provided

vs.

From left to right: Latts Razzi, Highsinger, Bossk, Embo, Boba Fett

Rules

• Morals on.
  • The Syndicate has been "hunting" their target, so they're prepared to face him in that sense but no "prep equipment". Maul wasn't expecting to fight bounty hunters in this scenario. Only when he sees them is he ready for a fight, not before.
  • The Syndicate knows that they're hunting a valuable Force-wielder. Maul only knows that they're bounty hunters and only recognizes Embo and Latts from their previous encounter.
  • No bloodlusted rage. The hunters only want their money, Maul only wants to survive.
  • Standard equipment for each side. However, Bossk has his grenade launcher (as depicted down below) and Embo is accompanied by his anooba, Marrok.
  • Canon feats only.

The fight is set up as follows:

For the record (SPOILERS for Star Wars: Dark Disciple novelization), the Syndicate actually won this fight in the book. How the rest of this fight goes in detail is unknown, but it is known that the fight ends with Dooku in some sort of web entanglement and Bossk standing over him with his blaster aimed at the Count's head. The idea of this battle is to see how "Old" Maul would fare in this same situation.

Round One

Maul gets to face each member individually, on the same battlefield. He faces them in this order:

• C-21 Highsinger
  • Latts Razzi
  • Bossk
  • Embo
  • Boba Fett

However, Maul does not get his health and stamina replenished between each contestant. If he gets tired or damaged over time, that sticks with him to the end. There is only a five minute wait-period between each round.

Round Two

Nearly the same exact situation as the video dictates, only there are no battle droids, and if Maul can manage it, he can retreat into Dooku's palace. Assume there's a main hanger and winding hallways/corridors that lead to the rooms shown here. Also, assume the building is forty yards away instead of how far it's shown in the video.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon Fett, Maul takes it. Legends Fett, Maul is dead.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts:

OK then. Maul can spam the Force on the weaker links (Razzi, Highsinger) to then take the others out.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: That doesn't seem like a very Maul thing to do, especially if it's Rebels material only.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts:

He's surrounded by elite bounty hunters though. In Canon, we've seen Maul use the Force far more often than he did in Legends. In a desperate situation, Maul's definitely not beyond using the Force.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fetts

@dark-sith123: Sure, that is understandable in of itself. I merely question the term "spam". I wouldn't be surprised if he used the Force to push, choke, or restrain, but judging from Maul's style I sincerely doubt he'd "spam" Force attacks. He doesn't exactly fight like Starkiller from the video games.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dark-sith123

@fetts:

Yeah, just a few pushes and Chokes to get rid of the weakest links so that he can fight the big guns without any distractions. Maul, although an unbalanced freak, actually has some intelligence (i.e. bait Ezra into luring Kenobi out into the open so that he could find the Jedi Master) and he knows when to recognize defeat (i.e. Vader on Malachor) so I think he'd actually use the Force. Not SK-like, but enough to get the job done. Maybe the use of the term spam was exaggeration.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123:I'd still hesitate to say that Maul would use even several pushes or chokes in a fight. He's never displayed doing so previously, as far as I can recall. It's not really his style. While he won't necessarily hesitate to use the Force and while he's proficient at it, he's more of a lightsaber combatant, which makes sense as he used to be a Sith Assassin. I can't recall a single instance where he's it more than once or twice in a fight. There probably can't be a better demonstration of this when he, Pre Vizsla, and his brother Savage were semi-surrounded by bounty hunters.

Loading Video...

Also, Maul only knew when to run when Vader was involved because he knew of Vader's power already. Nevertheless, you're right. He is indeed very intelligent. Personally, I view him as the single most intellectual character out of all the prequel era content, outside of Sidious, of course. And yes, he probably would use the Force as much as he sees fit, which would probably benefit him greatly in the 1v1's. Though in the second round... It might be a different story. Especially when it comes to Old Maul. But, I'm curious to see what other people think.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: Also worth noting, most of those hunters were fairly fodder tier compared to Boba's group. Only Embo and Latts were actually worth anything

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: True, but it's also worth noting that Maul would have known next to nothing about the reputations and abilities of Embo, Latts, Surgi, and Dengar.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul. The Ghost crew couldn't even do anything to him afterabushing him with a magnet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@decaf_wizard: True, but it's also worth noting that Maul would have known next to nothing about the reputations and abilities of Embo, Latts, Surgi, and Dengar.

Was Dengar there?

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

Was Dengar there?

Sure was. Watch the video again. He was next to Sugi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@fetts said:

Was Dengar there?

Sure was. Watch the video again. He was next to Sugi.

Does Dengar actually have feats in canon though?

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

These guys are probably better but yeah, Maul stomped the three Ghost crew members when having to keep them alive for his plan to work.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maul wins with some difficulty.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: He experienced some proficiency in martial arts and ingenuity with his explosives when he fought off Kage Warriors, but that's it as far as TCW feats go.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By redheathen

ROUND 1: FIGHT!

So Maul goes in with a lot of handicaps against him, and he is not able to get his stamina back...I don't think it matters because he won't break a sweat.*

DARK SITH 123 SAYS, "WE HAVE A FETT! PUNY MAUL!"

@dark-sith123 said:

Canon Fett, Maul takes it. Legends Fett, Maul is dead.

Not even. I know the OP was changed to canon, but what you say is no where near the reality of Maul. Legends Maul killed Battle Masters, top Jedi duelists, Force combatants, etc. Maul takes this no matter what. I'm not sure if you read the his comic series where he takes out the Black Sun leadership, but he was a force to behold.

A FORCE TO BEHOLD YET LITTLE UNDERSTOOD

@fetts said:

@dark-sith123: Sure, that is understandable in of itself. I merely question the term "spam". I wouldn't be surprised if he used the Force to push, choke, or restrain, but judging from Maul's style I sincerely doubt he'd "spam" Force attacks. He doesn't exactly fight like Starkiller from the video games.

@dark-sith123 said:

@fetts:

He's surrounded by elite bounty hunters though. In Canon, we've seen Maul use the Force far more often than he did in Legends. In a desperate situation, Maul's definitely not beyond using the Force.

Maul is going to do what Maul has to do to win. This is not Legends Maul, a Sith apprentice who was not allowed to use the Force. This is thirty years of experience after the revelation of the Sith (okay, give or take a decade living in trash). Maul has shown us that he will use the Force if necessary, and personally, I'd love to see him Force blast all these guys away at once. He can read minds, has foresight, faster than the eye can see reflexes and speed, faster than blaster bolts, Force imbued strength (if needed because he's already very strong), collapse tracheae and hearts, etc. He's already proven that he can take out some of the best killers in the Galaxy simultaneously, and in order for these guys to win, they'd have to be a lot more than what they already are. No Plot Induced Stupidity, and Maul has no problem. Fett may be a master planner, but Maul is a master schemer and can plan on the fly. He is brilliant/highly intelligent and is not a novice when it comes to on the spot tactical planning and quickly adapting and evolving as he needs to.

There isn't anything that Fett or the others can do that he won't know is coming. They aren't trained or have the mental fortitude to block any telepathy that Maul could use against them or to block his ability to know something is going to happen before it does. He may not go into the fight as prepared as the bounty hunters, but he can make up for it with his strong Force abilities. He's been taking out multiple, highly skilled bounty hunters,including Mandos and Death Watch members, simultaneously since he was fifteen (yes, that's legends, but it is a legends story based on The Clone Wars tv show).

RESULT: One on one and Maul has this round in the bag.

ROUND 2: FIGHT!

"...the Syndicate actually won this fight in the book."

To my knowledge, we have no idea what happened. All we know is Ventress came out with Vos, and Dooku was in webbing. Was there a fight? Did Dooku purposely get captured? We know absolutely nothing about this.

"The idea of this battle is to see how "Old" Maul would fare in this same situation."

1. TPM Maul was tiered with ROTS Tyranus by Lucas and Gillard.
  2. Per interviews, we know that Maul continued to get better throughout the Clone Wars

I don't know if he would employ the same tactic, but I can't see Maul performing less that Tyranus in this same situation.

RESULT: Maul would defeat the team in no less time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

* Dark Disciple is used in the OP. There is a quote from that novel that I think is great to use to show the strength and stamina of strong Dark Side users:

"...his blows were effortless, and he did not tire." (speaking of Vos)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen:

I was talking Canon Rebels Maul vs Legends Fett and the other dudes.

Legends Maul vs Legends Fett and the other dudes is Maul's game, lol.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redheathen

@dark-sith123 said:

@redheathen:

I was talking Canon Rebels Maul vs Legends Fett and the other dudes.

Legends Maul vs Legends Fett and the other dudes is Maul's game, lol.

When I quoted your response, I was agreeing with you. =) LOL I agree with you in your assessment above, as well.

Maul, Legends or Canon, TPM or rebels, takes this no matter what, both rounds.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:
No Caption Provided

There's no real reason Maul can't just do this.

I realize this is a week and a half bump, but what makes you think that this alone would take them out? Droids are pretty delicate. Surely, the bounty hunters would recover after being knocked off their feet.